Events that can cause human extinction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CroftAlice
My scenario is a virus mutation.What's yours?

Kurk
Something related to overpopulation for sure.

My money is on a superbug or virus. Anti-biotic resistant bacteria is a real threat now.

Nibedicus
Renegade AI
Climate Change
Superbugs (aka antibiotic resistant diseases and/or man made bioweapons)

World War

Meteor

In that order.

Although Top 3 might prolly just wipe out a good chunk of humanity.

Afro Cheese
I would say AI and nuclear war are the top contenders.

I take climate change seriously, but I don't know about it actually wiping out the species. If we created a race that out competed us at our own game that would probably do it though.

Emperordmb
The post-modernist globalist marxist anti-Christ set to rise in the near future by the intersectional left.

Afro Cheese
Also, it's a long shot but we really shouldn't sleep on the whole meteor angle. All this other shit is more likely to happen than a meteor... but if we did get a dinosaur-killer level meteor strike we'd be ****ed. Where as I think we would be more likely to potentially survive AI/global warming/nuclear winter than a massive meteor.

Nephthys
Self-replicating nanomachines aka Gray Goo Theory.

http://www.strangematterspodcast.com/apocalyptic-events-2-gray-goo-theory-grain-situation/

lazybones
Originally posted by Emperordmb
The post-modernist globalist marxist anti-Christ set to rise in the near future by the intersectional left. "set to rise"...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfqAkUXKT5Y

rip humanity, t'was a good run.

lazybones
On a more serious note, I think humanity's extinction would likely come down to something of our own making. Many of the potential natural disasters like asteroids or gamma ray bursts are extraordinarily unlikely. But nuclear war, bioweapons, rogue AI or nanobot malfunction lay within the realm of possibility because of human error. Climate change is also an issue that we are not grappling with adequately, and are in fact handling quite disgracefully. And although I doubt that will end our planet in and of itself, it could make certain regions of the world uninhabitable and exacerbate overpopulation. It's likely, also, that increased development in third world nations will lead to a greatly increased demand for resources and water, which will put a strain on the limited supply of those things and potentially act as a flashpoint in the future. And although I do think humanity will live to the end of this century, there will be some near-misses, and there will need to be some attitude and behavioural changes for humanity to survive in the long term.

BackFire
I'm not saying it's aliens.

But it's aliens.

Flyattractor
Internet and Cell Service going down.

The Ellimist
Off the top of my head, in no particular order:

- Runaway AI
- Biological/chemical warfare
- Deadly pathogen
- Asteroid strike / fatal celestial event
- Genetic mutation load accumulation
- Nuclear war
- Severe climate change

Surtur
Kaiju

Nephthys
Mass infertility.

Kurk
Originally posted by Nephthys
Mass infertility. Yes! Putting the laptop over my balls and wearing super-tight underwear is finally paying off!

Surtur
Originally posted by Kurk
Yes! Putting the laptop over my balls and wearing super-tight underwear is finally paying off!

I bet Raven wants someone who is fertile though.

Kurk
Originally posted by Surtur
I bet Raven wants someone who is fertile though. I don't think she wants to introduce her demonic genotypes into the gene pool.

Surtur
I don't think she wants to introduce her demonic genotypes into the gene pool.

She's a lady, she can't help but wanna pop out some spawn.

Kurk
She's a lady, she can't help but wanna pop out some spawn.
Raven is a Hybrid, there is a chance that she could be sterile, as most hybrids in nature are infertile. Demon magic may over ride that, but who's to say.

The important thing to remember here is that Raven is a child from rape, and most kids born from rape have a very bad view of sex. So it would take a good long time before she would be ready to go all the way with a man. Especially when you consider that the only guy she ever came close to sleeping with turned out to be a guy who was using her and ended up trying to drain her of her life force.

(taken and edited from comic vine)

Nephthys
Beast Boy tried to do that?

Kinky. mmm

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The Ellimist

- Genetic mutation load accumulation

wut

Kurk
Originally posted by Nephthys
Beast Boy tried to do that?

Kinky. mmm Malchior

Killjoy12
Originally posted by CroftAlice
My scenario is a virus mutation.What's yours?

Heard on the radio a conversation about this very subject. They had 7 so called experts on the panel. 2 of them said nuclear war. One of them said natural disasters like earth quakes and volcano eruptions. But the other 4 all agreed on the same thing. A virus that spreads quickly and scientists working on it 24/7 just can't figure it out.

This is my guess. With more and more countries acquiring nuclear weapons at some point they will use them and with the nuclear fallout, smoke, dust and clouds blocking the sun for months that will be the end for us all.

Mindship
Kaiju thumb up

The Ellimist
Originally posted by NewGuy01
wut

Reduced selection pressure + older reproduction ages = higher rate of gene mutation which correlates to lowered intelligence, etc.

Kurk
Reduced selection pressure + older reproduction ages + promotion of it being okay for women to be fat + men in developed countries like Japan not marrying = higher rate of gene mutation which correlates to lowered intelligence, etc.
Fixed

Robtard
Idiocracy (2006), and humanity won't have a Joe to save it.

It has begun btw, November of 2016 was the start.

playa1258
Virus out of control followed by nuclear war.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Robtard
Idiocracy (2006), and humanity won't have a Joe to save it.

It has begun btw, November of 2016 was the start.

Kidding aside Idiocracy was a genetic trend that frankly is exacerbated by the Left, because liberals have lower fertility rates and a stronger negative correlation between fertility and IQ.

SamZED
Raven is a Hybrid, there is a chance that she could be sterile, as most hybrids in nature are infertile. Demon magic may over ride that, but who's to say.

The important thing to remember here is that Raven is a child from rape, and most kids born from rape have a very bad view of sex. So it would take a good long time before she would be ready to go all the way with a man. Especially when you consider that the only guy she ever came close to sleeping with turned out to be a guy who was using her and ended up trying to drain her of her life force.

BBRae4life!

Adam Grimes
Fixed You say that because your anime gfs can't get fat. Because they don't exist, like your chances at life.

Kurk
Originally posted by SamZED
BBRae4life! Disgusting. I ship the two birds.
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
You say that because your anime gfs can't get fat. Because they don't exist, like your chances at life.
Man, why you so motherf*cking heated?

Bentley
Kaiju

SamZED
Disgusting. I ship the two birds.

Ewww. sick

Beniboybling
giving nuclear codes to a mentally unhinged orangutan

S_W_LeGenD
1. Extraterrestrial activity
2. Worldwide catastrophic event

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
giving nuclear codes to a mentally unhinged orangutan

Or Letting Leftist Progressives Fascists take control and they start doing Mass Genocides again.

Emperordmb
But how can you be against the progressive agenda? ARE YOU AGAINST PROGRESS FLYATTRACTOR?!

How dare you criticize Antifa and call them domestic terrorists! I mean just look at their name... THEY ARE AGAINST FASCISM!!! ARE YOU NOT AGAINST FASCISM?!

How dare you say the Southern Poverty Law center is a ****ing joke! Look at their mission statement, they fight hate and bigotry! ARE YOU AGAINST FIGHTING HATE AND BIGOTRY?!!

Flyattractor
http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-sure-we-ll-have-fascism-here-but-it-will-come-as-an-anti-fascism-movement-huey-long-142-67-56.jpg

Kurk
Ewww. sick Care to explain why? Surely it's not nearly as bad as BBRae sick

Honestly, I want the human race to be wiped out by artificial intelligence. We are held back by our emotions, irrational thoughts/superstitions, and senescence. It's time to advance.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
But how can you be against the progressive agenda? ARE YOU AGAINST PROGRESS FLYATTRACTOR?!

How dare you criticize Antifa and call them domestic terrorists! I mean just look at their name... THEY ARE AGAINST FASCISM!!! ARE YOU NOT AGAINST FASCISM?!

How dare you say the Southern Poverty Law center is a ****ing joke! Look at their mission statement, they fight hate and bigotry! ARE YOU AGAINST FIGHTING HATE AND BIGOTRY?!! i would like to change my answer to legalising the consumption of shrooms. sad

SamZED
Care to explain why? Surely it's not nearly as bad as BBRae sick

No way. It feels like an incest. I mean they're very close as of season 4 ending but not in that way at all. In that season Robin sort of represented what her father couldn't. He was like and elder brother figure that you look up to for inspiration. Turning this into a romance feels like perversion to me. Not going to pretend that there's any romance going on between her and Beast Boy, but at least there's some chemistry between them throughout the show and even as of Trouble in Tokyo. Meanwhile, the movie pretty much ended the whole RobRae speculation which tbh seemed weird to me even when it started.

Kurk
No way. It feels like an incest. I mean they're very close as of season 4 ending but not in that way at all. In that season Robin sort of represented what her father couldn't. He was like and elder brother figure that you look up to for inspiration. Turning this into a romance feels like perversion to me. Not going to pretend that there's any romance going on between her and Beast Boy, but at least there's some chemistry between them throughout the show and even as of Trouble in Tokyo. Meanwhile, the movie pretty much ended the whole RobRae speculation which tbh seemed weird to me even when it started. Honestly, I completely agree with you. His role is more of an older Brother than lover, and they're both somewhat too dark and reserved to have a romantic relationship. That being said, Raven deserves much better than Garfield.

SamZED
Honestly, I completely agree with you. His role is more of an older Brother than lover, and they're both somewhat too dark and reserved to have a romantic relationship. That being said, Raven deserves much better than Garfield.
laughing Can't argue with that. He's a goofball. Maybe when he matures.

Surtur

Well that certainly went to a dark place at the speed of light.

Flyattractor
So this is how the end of the FanBoyWorld could come to an end.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Nibedicus

Although Top 3 might prolly just wipe out a good chunk of humanity.

Not sure how we survive a renegade AI.

Bentley
Honestly, I want the human race to be wiped out by artificial intelligence. We are held back by our emotions, irrational thoughts/superstitions, and senescence. It's time to advance.

AI would just kill itself realizing that there is no objective reason to the struggle that is survival. We'll outlive the whole second it'd take it ot figure that out thumb up

Nibedicus
Not sure how we survive a renegade AI.

My guess? Either we win in a bloody and brutal war to end all wars (if we manage to recognize the threat the renegade AI poses before it is too late), we get sent/escape to another planet where machines no longer see us as an immediate threat or that the machines eventually developing human traits (compassion, pity, etc) or at least have some safeguards built in (like the 3 laws) to make them decide that they might as well "protect" us by either allowing us to live in reservations or zoos.

Or they can simply wipe us out, of course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.