California: breaking up into 2 states?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/01/15/new-california-declares-independence-from-rest-of-state/

This is the first I've heard of this. Watch the video.

They should name the new state "California" and rename the remainder of the older state to "Shithole." haermm

-Pr-
I read about this. Is there any real chance of it happening?

Kurk
Originally posted by -Pr-
I read about this. Is there any real chance of it happening? About as real of a chance of Texas seceding from the Union.

dadudemon
Originally posted by -Pr-
I read about this. Is there any real chance of it happening?

Definitely a higher chance of California seceding but still not likely.

Tzeentch
Extremely unlikely. I'd be okay with every part of California further then 60 miles from the coast ****ing off though.

SquallX
They do know, if by some minuscule chance they succeed, the President can claim them as enemies of the Country and literally slaughter them?

Immoral true, but legal in a way. All Trump would to say was I feared for Americans lives.

BackFire
So they want to be a west coast shithole like Kentucky or something. The big population centers with all the jobs and wealth will stay in California and the poor rural areas whose biggest employer is the local fishing barn will go struggle under their own weight in a new state. Have fun.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by SquallX
They do know, if by some minuscule chance they succeed, the President can claim them as enemies of the Country and literally slaughter them?

Immoral true, but legal in a way. All Trump would to say was I feared for Americans lives.

He won't have to . Mexico will probably just Claim it and take over. Not that Mexico isn't already in charge of that part of the state.

What Trump should really do is put REALLY BIG TARIFFS on any thing LeftyWood tires to put out.

Cause LeftyWood LOVES paying them taxes.

eek!

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/01/15/new-california-declares-independence-from-rest-of-state/

This is the first I've heard of this. Watch the video.

They should name the new state "California" and rename the remainder of the older state to "Shithole." haermm

1 out of every 5 people are poor. It is a shithole.

Good news: ICE is planning on doing huge round ups of illegals in California soon. Awesome. And DHS is looking into charging the leaders of Sanctuary Cities. Awesome.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire
So they want to be a west coast shithole like Kentucky or something. The big population centers with all the jobs and wealth will stay in California and the poor rural areas whose biggest employer is the local fishing barn will go struggle under their own weight in a new state. Have fun.

I don't know enough about the wealth distribution in CA (In Oklahoma, it is very simple: almost all of it is in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa areas).

But if CA did break up into two states - east and west - is there really a wealth concern? None of the proponents seem to think this is the case, at all. They feel the opposite.

snowdragon

On the other hand the smaller state on the coast would have HUGE issues with sustaining its water and food resources. I would wager that a significant portion of the poor are in the city areas seeing as its the most concentrated portion of the population.

BackFire
Originally posted by dadudemon
I don't know enough about the wealth distribution in CA (In Oklahoma, it is very simple: almost all of it is in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa areas).

But if CA did break up into two states - east and west - is there really a wealth concern? None of the proponents seem to think this is the case, at all. They feel the opposite.

If there's not a concern then that just shows they haven't thought this out very well. California is a very weird state in that it already feels like 2 states. You have the coastal areas with big cities and suburban areas like LA, SF, Long Beach, Orange County and San Diego and so on, where most of the wealth and jobs are, then you go 50 miles inland and you have these very rural desert cities with extremely low populations and farmland.

It's actually bizarre driving through this state. I see it every year when I drive to Vegas with the lady friend. We always make stops in these small rural areas to eat and walk around a little because it's kind of fun and it's mind blowing to see such a drastic shift in lifestyle just 50 miles away. But I really can't imagine the rural segments of the state being able to really do very well for themselves outside of farming, as snowdragon mentioned unless they somehow take one of the big population centers with them, which they surely wouldn't.

Robtard
Not a new concept. There's also been talk of splitting Ca into three states in the past. California. N. California and S. California.

This one like the rest is another pipedream.

Adam_PoE
If there's not a concern then that just shows they haven't thought this out very well. California is a very weird state in that it already feels like 2 states. You have the coastal areas with big cities and suburban areas like LA, SF, Long Beach, Orange County and San Diego and so on, where most of the wealth and jobs are, then you go 50 miles inland and you have these very rural desert cities with extremely low populations and farmland.

It's actually bizarre driving through this state. I see it every year when I drive to Vegas with the lady friend. We always make stops in these small rural areas to eat and walk around a little because it's kind of fun and it's mind blowing to see such a drastic shift in lifestyle just 50 miles away. But I really can't imagine the rural segments of the state being able to really do very well for themselves outside of farming, as snowdragon mentioned unless they somehow take one of the big population centers with them, which they surely wouldn't.

Illinois is like this too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.