The Boys (Amazon)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther

Impediment

Surtur

Flyattractor
Sad to see a hack POS Writer like Garth's shit getting this kind of exposure.

Patient_Leech
Cool shit. I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Impediment

Robtard
Read up on the premise; this looks like it has a whole lot of potential. Will watch.

Impediment

BruceSkywalker
prolly will pass

Patient_Leech

Impediment
The shock factor of The Boys outdoes Preacher, but Preacher is far more emotional and compelling, IMO.

I still highly recommend reading the Boys, though.

TheVaultDweller
Amazon might actually be a good platform for this then, at least compared to some mainstream networks. Because they seem more open to, shall we say, potentially controversial or offensive content. And I say this while comparing old BBC Top Gear to The Grand Tour, which is now on Amazon. They get away with WAY more crap than they used to be able to (even having things like bondage gear and a blow-up sex doll on the show at one point lol).

On topic, this comic was actually on my To-Read list, after hearing good things about it from a person on another site.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
On topic, this comic was actually on my To-Read list, after hearing good things about it from a person on another site.

Mine too, but now I think I'll wait until I've at least watched the first season. I did that with Preacher as well - it was on my TBR list, but when I heard the show was coming out I wanted to watch it first and I was quite happy I did. Then I read the series and that was even better.

Based on Impediment's comments The Boys sounds like there are going to be some real Holy Crap moments and I don't want to spoil it for myself.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. It ruins the show if you read the comic first.

And the comic can be read even having seen the show and can even be better that way.

Surtur
Originally posted by Impediment
The shock factor of The Boys outdoes Preacher, but Preacher is far more emotional and compelling, IMO.

I still highly recommend reading the Boys, though.

Indeed, I wonder how far they are going to go in terms of what they will actually show. Some disturbing shit goes down in these comics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.