The Boys (Amazon)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther

Impediment

Surtur

Flyattractor
Sad to see a hack POS Writer like Garth's shit getting this kind of exposure.

Patient_Leech
Cool shit. I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Impediment

Robtard
Read up on the premise; this looks like it has a whole lot of potential. Will watch.

Impediment

BruceSkywalker
prolly will pass

Patient_Leech

Impediment
The shock factor of The Boys outdoes Preacher, but Preacher is far more emotional and compelling, IMO.

I still highly recommend reading the Boys, though.

TheVaultDweller
Amazon might actually be a good platform for this then, at least compared to some mainstream networks. Because they seem more open to, shall we say, potentially controversial or offensive content. And I say this while comparing old BBC Top Gear to The Grand Tour, which is now on Amazon. They get away with WAY more crap than they used to be able to (even having things like bondage gear and a blow-up sex doll on the show at one point lol).

On topic, this comic was actually on my To-Read list, after hearing good things about it from a person on another site.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
On topic, this comic was actually on my To-Read list, after hearing good things about it from a person on another site.

Mine too, but now I think I'll wait until I've at least watched the first season. I did that with Preacher as well - it was on my TBR list, but when I heard the show was coming out I wanted to watch it first and I was quite happy I did. Then I read the series and that was even better.

Based on Impediment's comments The Boys sounds like there are going to be some real Holy Crap moments and I don't want to spoil it for myself.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. It ruins the show if you read the comic first.

And the comic can be read even having seen the show and can even be better that way.

Surtur
Originally posted by Impediment
The shock factor of The Boys outdoes Preacher, but Preacher is far more emotional and compelling, IMO.

I still highly recommend reading the Boys, though.

Indeed, I wonder how far they are going to go in terms of what they will actually show. Some disturbing shit goes down in these comics.

Dreampanther
Karl ****ing Urban!

Damborgson
Dang dream, you've been here since 04 !

Patient_Leech
Karl Urban is going to be in this??

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Damborgson
Dang dream, you've been here since 04 !

Sssshhh, don't tell anyone big grin

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Karl Urban is going to be in this??

Yes! "Urban will play leader of the crew, Billy Butcher."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/06/dredds-karl-urban-to-star-in-amazon-comic-book-series-the-boys

samhain
Doesn't bode well for the Mega-City One project then.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Yes! "Urban will play leader of the crew, Billy Butcher."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/06/dredds-karl-urban-to-star-in-amazon-comic-book-series-the-boys

Oh, HELL YEAH. Karl is the man.

I can't wait for this, then.

Originally posted by samhain
Doesn't bode well for the Mega-City One project then.

Not necessarily. Scheduling could still work out, you don't know.

samhain
^Hopefully, reports suggest we're still 18 months/2 years away from seeing anything about MC1.

Surtur
These comics are great and also quite raunchy. It seems like it would be sort of like True Blood, but with super heroes instead of vampires.

Impediment
p4rRyIE0CE0

Surtur
p4rRyIE0CE0

Nice, been looking forward to this.

Patient_Leech
I saw a trailer for this the other day and it looks fun.

Galan007
This looks really good.

Can't wait. thumb up

Putinbot1
Loved the comic, too many years ago to admit I bought them as they came out. Hope it's good.

Robtard
That woman crushed a guy's head with her vagina. Yep, I'm sold, so watching this.

Surtur
Can't stop the A-Train!

riv6672
Trailer looked fun; it was strange seeing a bearded Billy Butcher, and Hughie not be Simon Pegg.

NemeBro
I wonder if the Superman-equivalent Homelander will literally eat a baby like in the comic? mmm

Flyattractor
Really kind of bored with this Hero Deconstrutionist Bullshit. It has been done to death in the last decade or so.

And this will just turn into Every Hero is a Homo/Pedo/Rapist line of crap...Won't It?

Gawd Garth Ennis is a real piece of human shit.

Sad to see Karl Urban becoming associated with him, but I guess a paycheck is a paycheck.

riv6672

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
I wonder if the Superman-equivalent Homelander will literally eat a baby like in the comic? mmm

I wonder if the Batman, Superman, and Flash analogues are gonna initiate the new female hero the same way they did in the comics.

Flyattractor

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
I wonder if the Batman, Superman, and Flash analogues are gonna initiate the new female hero the same way they did in the comics.

Spoiler alert that shit, you jerk.

Then I went to the wiki of the comic and read about the "heroes", god damn, this is some f**ked up shit here.

Surtur
Okay, spoiler alert.

riv6672
^^^LOL!!!!

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Garth Ennis is Human Waste and I will be forever willing to commit Assault if I ever meet the little scottish shit pile.
Well damn! eek!

Flyattractor
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^LOL!!!!

Well damn! eek!

Damn Straight.

Darth Thor
p4rRyIE0CE0

That looks really good.

BruceSkywalker
karl urban has been trolling my IG with the trailer so will give a try

Putinbot1
Originally posted by NemeBro
I wonder if the Superman-equivalent Homelander will literally eat a baby like in the comic? mmm Johnny Bates did it first and too many other things.

Arachnid1
I started reading this a week ago and I'm about halfway through the series. Pretty great so far. Good setup for the main conflict throughout, and one of my favorite scenes I've ever read in a comic.

I wonder how many seasons they'll manage to pull out of this.

DeadpoolXXX
whats the official release date for this?

-Pr-
I read July 26th.

Surtur
Originally posted by -Pr-
I read July 26th.

This is correct.

Flyattractor
Sad to see that a Bag of Scottish SHIT like Ennis is gonna get paid big bank for his Hatred of SuperHeroes.

I hope he gets Dick Cancer that spreads to his mouth.

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by -Pr-
I read July 26th. thx

NemeBro
Sad to see that a Bag of Scottish SHIT like Ennis is gonna get paid big bank for his Hatred of SuperHeroes.

I hope he gets Dick Cancer that spreads to his mouth. You seem upset.

DeadpoolXXX
getting banned for "etc" really grinds his gears.

cdtm

I hope he gets Dick Cancer that spreads to his mouth.

Don't worry, liberal producers/writers will ruin it with their own biases, like they did to Preacher and their hatred of religion and southerners.

Flyattractor
It will be interesting to see how they work around the Gay Jokes the comics did for the show.

Patient_Leech
Looked up when this releases...

26 July 2019

So just a couple weeks. thumb up

Darth Thor
Wow first episode was great. Have a feeling ill be binging this pretty fast.

Darth Thor
3 episodes in. Love The Seven being a twisted Justice League.

Karl Urban is of course Ace.

Actually tackles a lot of real world issues, mainly ones faced by celebrities, sport stars, politicians e.t.c

BruceSkywalker
watched the first 3 episodes, this is pretty good. karl urban should keep the beard.. antony starr is good as homelander. erin moriarty is also good as starlight..

BrolyBlack
Great so far

Flyattractor
Surprise Brucie can like this. Cause this is not very Woke.

tkitna
Watched the first four episodes so far. Fantastic. I love it so far.

Darth Thor
Five episodes in.

So its proper gone into religious zealots as well.

And Ouch that was sad with the plane. But funny how they mocked regular comic book physics in that he couldnt have just lifted and landed the plane

Also Hilarious how they take constantly the mick out of The Deep (obviously a dig at Aquaman).

Darth Thor
Oh and they even have their own version of X23

LordGod
i actually enjoyed this a lot but ive not read the comic book series yet

BruceSkywalker
after 6 episodes i totally dig this show..

nice violence.. the character arcs are pretty good.

once im done with the last 2 episodes i'll start to read some of the comics

Galan007
I dug this. thumb up

Thought it was cool that they cast Simon Pegg as Hughie's father, because he's who Hughie himself was modeled after in the comic series. thumb up

BrolyBlack

BackFire
Originally posted by Galan007
I dug this. thumb up

Thought it was cool that they cast Simon Pegg as Hughie's father, because he's who Hughie himself was modeled after in the comic series. thumb up

Weird to hear him speaking an American accent.

Galan007
Yeah that was weird.

He did a good job with it, though.

Darth Thor
Great ending/cliffhanger. Also glad A-Train won the fight. Was expecting that to be complete PIS

This show was so worth the wait. Between this and Picard, Guess ill definitely be keeping my Amazon Prime subscription.

wakkawakkawakka
This was a cool series. Worth the Amazon Prime subscription. Also while I haven't read the comic Is it just kind of a lottery that determines which babies/people get which powers. Cause there are instances like A-Train and Shockwave that have similar powers and I'm not sure if it's coincidence.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Great ending/cliffhanger. Also glad A-Train won the fight. Was expecting that to be complete PIS

This show was so worth the wait. Between this and Picard, Guess ill definitely be keeping my Amazon Prime subscription. Is Picard streaming on Amazon?

ares834
This was pretty good. Homelander stole the show. The actor was terrific and did a great job making the character incredibly unsettling.

BruceSkywalker
love this show.. good 8 episodes. homelander is boss.. i wonder if antony starr adlibbed the line about butcher's accent being that both him and karl urban are from new zealand

sometime this week i will start to read the comics

i can definitely see how things will shape up during the second season

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Is Picard streaming on Amazon?

For people outside of the USA.

Surtur
Five episodes in.

And Ouch that was sad with the plane. But funny how they mocked regular comic book physics in that he couldnt have just lifted and landed the plane

Also Hilarious how they take constantly the mick out of The Deep (obviously a dig at Aquaman).

His poor dolphin friend...

Darth Thor

Surtur

Robtard
This was much slower than I had expected/assumed it would be, but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to S2.

Robtard
Five episodes in.

Plane scene was excellent, showed just how careless and passively callous Homelander is. It took him zero-point-zero seconds to go "oh well, I'm done here." after he ****ed up.

Shitting on The Deep was hilarious and the dig was clear. Loved it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
Plane scene was excellent, showed just how careless and passively callous Homelander is. It took him zero-point-zero seconds to go "oh well, I'm done here." after he ****ed up.

Careless but also gives a shit about nothing except his immaculate reputation. Given he refused to save a single one so they wont tell anyone he couldnt/didnt save the rest

Surtur
Also wait so did Billy kill Stillwells child with that explosion? I figured Homelander saved Billy just to screw with him and rub the truth in his face, but he has no reason to save the kid. So..that baby dead?

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by ares834
This was pretty good. Homelander stole the show. The actor was terrific and did a great job making the character incredibly unsettling.

This. Homelander all the way

Impediment

BrolyBlack
RdHNydmsP0E

Darth Thor
Also wait so did Billy kill Stillwells child with that explosion? I figured Homelander saved Billy just to screw with him and rub the truth in his face, but he has no reason to save the kid. So..that baby dead?

Was thinking the same. But yeah presumably that death happened.

Its a dark show.

Surtur

Impediment

BruceSkywalker

ares834
confused

He coerced her into doing it via blackmail, that's rape.

Surtur
Lol in the comics the scene is even worse and more hilarious. The Deep isn't even involved.

Of course The Deep seems to kinda get raped himself later on

KingD19
Originally posted by ares834
confused

He coerced her into doing it via blackmail, that's rape.

Not by the definition of the word. If he forced himself on her then yeah its rape. If she chose to have sexy with him because he had blackmail...its just blackmail and extortion. She simply could have refused and he wouldn't have touched her.

Surtur
Hell she was dumb enough to believe The Deep was "#2" on the team, despite zero evidence to the contrary and him admitting they usually only call him in for water related stuff lol.

BrolyBlack
I was hoping Homelander would kill him

Surtur
Even Homelander needs entertainment.

BrolyBlack
Homelander stole the show, he was so good.

Surtur
And holy shit haley joel osment got fat

Robtard
Careless but also gives a shit about nothing except his immaculate reputation. Given he refused to save a single one so they wont tell anyone he couldnt/didnt save the rest

Absolutely.

He's rotten to the core, yet believes he's not really doing anything wrong despite being the cause. Makes for a great fictional villain.

Robtard
And holy shit haley joel osment got fat

He's been obese for a long time now.

Surtur
When they were chasing him I was thinking..."keep chasing! a few more blocks, he see's dead cows and eats them copiously on hamburger buns".

ares834
Originally posted by KingD19
Not by the definition of the word. If he forced himself on her then yeah its rape. If she chose to have sexy with him because he had blackmail...its just blackmail and extortion. She simply could have refused and he wouldn't have touched her.

Well, looking into it, I suppose there is some grey are due to the different legal definitions of consent.

TheVaultDweller
Got around to this and am halfway through. Been quite entertaining so far. Homelander is a phucking bastard. The guy who plays Hughie looks like Finn Jones and Adam Brody did some kind of DBZ fusion technique.

BrolyBlack

Adam Grimes
Not by the definition of the word. If he forced himself on her then yeah its rape. If she chose to have sexy with him because he had blackmail...its just blackmail and extortion. She simply could have refused and he wouldn't have touched her. Legally it's rape. You're making someone have sex with you against their will.

--------------

Very interested in this shit after reading some critiques call it 'better than Daredevil'.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Very interested in this shit after reading some critiques call it 'better than Daredevil'.

I wouldnt go that far yet, but its already up there as one of the best comic book shows IMO.

Surtur
Show is getting a 2nd season.

Impediment
The success of this show makes me wish Preacher had been produced on Amazon.

Patient_Leech
The success of this show makes me wish Preacher had been produced on Amazon.

I haven't seen this yet, but...

...maybe Amazon will pick up Preacher to continue it? *shrug* confused

Darth Thor
Show is getting a 2nd season.

Happy Dance

Surtur
I actually did enjoy the show more than any of the Marvel shows.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I haven't seen this yet, but...

...maybe Amazon will pick up Preacher to continue it? *shrug* confused

Amazon needs to pick up Judge Dredd and make it Karl Urban

Darth Thor
I actually did enjoy the show more than any of the Marvel shows.

Hmm just Daredevil season 3 was too good.

KingD19
Legally it's rape. You're making someone have sex with you against their will.

--------------

He didn't make her though, that's the thing. Coercion and blackmail and all that twist your arm, but it's not the same as him holding her down and taking it. It's her choosing to give him what he wants to save herself from her information getting out. She could have simply said no and dealt with the consequences of him extorting her.

Morally its rape. Legally its blackmail/extortion that led to a sexual encounter.

No matter how you feel about it, it's not rape because he didn't actually rape her. Now if he took her down to his dolphin rape cave and held her underwater until she passed out then did the deed...that's rape. Saying "I'll do this and this with your info if you dont have sex with me" is coercion, blackmail, extortion, etc... But he didn't physically force her against her will.

Stop making me defend what rape is, because it feels weird. Bottom line though, not rape in the eyes of the law.

BrolyBlack

Adam Grimes
He didn't make her though, that's the thing. Coercion and blackmail and all that twist your arm, but it's not the same as him holding her down and taking it. It's her choosing to give him what he wants to save herself from her information getting out. She could have simply said no and dealt with the consequences of him extorting her.

Morally its rape. Legally its blackmail/extortion that led to a sexual encounter.

No matter how you feel about it, it's not rape because he didn't actually rape her. Now if he took her down to his dolphin rape cave and held her underwater until she passed out then did the deed...that's rape. Saying "I'll do this and this with your info if you dont have sex with me" is coercion, blackmail, extortion, etc... But he didn't physically force her against her will.

Stop making me defend what rape is, because it feels weird. Bottom line though, not rape in the eyes of the law. It depends on where you're from.

Darth Thor
He basically did the kind of stuff Harvey Weinstein and other potential sexual predators have been accused of. Sexually harassing women and using his position to threaten them into sleeping with him.

cdtm
Legally it's rape. You're making someone have sex with you against their will.

--------------

What was the blackmail?

What if she refused?

If we're talking real consequences, and not just embarrassment, then sure. That would be rape.

The same way someone denying an actress career advancement unless she puts out is rape.

cdtm
He basically did the kind of stuff Harvey Weinstein and other potential sexual predators have been accused of. Sexually harassing women and using his position to threaten them into sleeping with him.

Totally rape, then.

One could argue "So just refuse, don't have sex. Your career gets destroyed, your reputation dragged through the mud, but you wouldn't be raped."

Which is a pretty stupid argument, honestly, but one someone might make.

BruceSkywalker
Kripke talks about a scene that was cut....

http://www.darkhorizons.com/the-one-scene-amazon-cut-from-the-boys/

Robtard

It was more than just harassment, Deep outright threatened to lie and claim that she attacked him (using her power burst as proof), which could mean legal to penal troubles for her; that's full blown coercion in order to get someone to f**k you, iirc, that tantamount to rape from a legal viewpoint.

Surtur
Well The Deep got gill raped so I guess karma is a thing. Deep got deeped.

BrolyBlack

Surtur
Plus he suffers the ultimate defeat: ends up in Ohio.

tkitna
Well The Deep got gill raped so I guess karma is a thing. Deep got deeped.

Which was silly. Why did he allow that to happen?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
It was more than just harassment, Deep outright threatened to lie and claim that she attacked him (using her power burst as proof), which could mean legal to penal troubles for her; that's full blown coercion in order to get someone to f**k you, iirc, that tantamount to rape from a legal viewpoint.

Yeah its basically rape.

The harassment part would be just the pulling his pants down in front of her.

Originally posted by tkitna
Which was silly. Why did he allow that to happen?

Well the fact that he allowed it means it wasnt rape I guess.

He wasnt being blackmailed or coerced. And he was obviously physically stronger than her.

Surtur
It was a weird scene. He seemed obviously uncomfortable.

#DeepToo

Putinbot1
The success of this show makes me wish Preacher had been produced on Amazon. God Yes!!

Stringer

Surtur

cdtm
Out of the gate, it hits you with millennial hipster changes:

From big hearted, plain, simple Irishman, to tech geek/nerd. I really hate how Hollywood's gone to the geeks.

cdtm
To be honest, the first episode was pretty close to the comics roots. Not a 1 for 1, and definitely had changes designed to be more relatable to a certain audience, but overall not a bad experience.

And The Deep is totally a Harvey Weinstein. I wouldn't be surprised if this exact scenerio played out when she auditioned for the part, as it did for many aspiring starlets, and they incorporated it into the movie.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by cdtm
To be honest, the first episode was pretty close to the comics roots. Not a 1 for 1, and definitely had changes designed to be more relatable to a certain audience, but overall not a bad experience.

And The Deep is totally a Harvey Weinstein. I wouldn't be surprised if this exact scenerio played out when she auditioned for the part, as it did for many aspiring starlets, and they incorporated it into the movie.

To be honest nobody cares

BrolyBlack

cdtm
Nice socks. Try and use your head and not use a sock with 0 posts when you troll someone by PM.

BrolyBlack
Nice socks. Try and use your head and not use a sock with 0 posts when you troll someone by PM.

Drunk again and making things up? Do better, we know you like to lie and make things up but please do better.

After all we know you can’t help yourself because you are liar most of the timesmile

Now where is Stilt

Robtard

Oh lordy. That happened to me before too.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Now where is Stilt In my bed. Or under, more specifically.

BrolyBlack

Robtard
I was just sharing that a similar thing happened to me. Calm down.

Stringer

Stringer

BrolyBlack
You never stop insulting either Stringer.

But hey every passing second is another chance to turn it around. Maybe if you and CT stopped swinging at me I would stop swinging back.

Stringer
Always about you

BrolyBlack

cdtm
#kickVic

Stringer
If I wanted any lip from you broly, I would undo my zipper

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Stringer
If I wanted any lip from you broly, I would undo my zipper

All you got down there is a pussy.

Stringer

BrolyBlack
I thought it was funny. Why did you decided to return to the forum after all this time?

Stringer
Troll someone else. I have to get up early and work

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>