Will the Sequel Trilogy cap at Vader level?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
The Visual Dictionary states Kylos full potential will allow him to defeat Luke according to Snoke. At the same time, Snoke thinks FP Kylo is Vader level, implying Vaders level as of now isn't achieved by anyone barring TLJ Luke. What do.you guys think?

Zenwolf
I'm not really sure of anything anymore regarding the ST, since the two movies seem different and getting a gauge of anything is gonna be troubling since...there's only 2 Force Users now.

The Ellimist
Snoke doesn't really say that FP Kylo = Vader though.

Darth Thor

The Merchant
You sure @Ellimist? The way he talks about Vader is Kylo should be just like him along with Reys accusation of not being as strong as Vader supports that.

Unbowed
That's all just bullshit talk. Neither Snoke nor Kylo were ever in Vader's presence, or Sidious' presence for that matter. There is no metric record of Vader's power level stored somewhere for them to compare Kylo to.

Snoke is just dangling the mythical Vader carrot in front of Kylo to get him to focus, because of their family connection.

In the TCW series when Dooku is training Savage he tells him "soon you'll rival the great Sith Lord Darth Maul in power" or words to that effect. Of course, Dooku had never met Maul at that point. And his statement turned out to be bullshit anyway.

FreshestSlice
Not only does your reasoning not make sense, as both Maul and Vader were presences in the Dark Side that could be felt across the galaxy, but also Savage definitely had the potential to eclipse Maul, and was rapidly approaching that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Unbowed
That's all just bullshit talk. Neither Snoke nor Kylo were ever in Vader's presence, or Sidious' presence for that matter. There is no metric record of Vader's power level stored somewhere for them to compare Kylo to.

Snoke is just dangling the mythical Vader carrot in front of Kylo to get him to focus, because of their family connection.

In the TCW series when Dooku is training Savage he tells him "soon you'll rival the great Sith Lord Darth Maul in power" or words to that effect. Of course, Dooku had never met Maul at that point. And his statement turned out to be bullshit anyway. thumb up

It is about as ridiculous to hear the fanboys argue Sidious didn't lose the duel to Windu. Bias makes people say illogical things.

Zentrex
It can't possibly cap at Vader level. I know that this particular story doesn't need a "New villain more powerful than EVER BEFORE! Will the heroes survive this new threat?!", but Disney has been scaling everything up because I think that makes more money. And if you believe that Snoke is that presence Sidious felt from the Unknown Regions, then yeah, Snoke is already much more powerful than Vader.

playa1258
Only because Vader never reached his potential.

Darth Thor

Freedon Nadd
These new Star Wars movies are CW-istic. Don't expect to logic.

quanchi112

Unbowed
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Not only does your reasoning not make sense, as both Maul and Vader were presences in the Dark Side that could be felt across the galaxy, but also Savage definitely had the potential to eclipse Maul, and was rapidly approaching that.
So Dooku felt Maul's presence at the time of TPM?

And no, Savage could never reach Maul's level. Even amped with Talzin's magic, and with Maul's potential halved, Savage was never going to reach Maul.

He says it himself right before he dies: "I'm not like you... I never was."

quanchi112
Originally posted by Unbowed
So Dooku felt Maul's presence at the time of TPM?

And no, Savage could never reach Maul's level. Even amped with Talzin's magic, and with Maul's potential halved, Savage was never going to reach Maul.

He says it himself right before he dies: "I'm not like you... I never was." thumb up

Saying savage Opress was going to reach Maul level is pure cringe. I'm embarrassed for this kid.

Sirion_Of_Doom
Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

Saying savage Opress was going to reach Maul level is pure cringe. I'm embarrassed for this kid.
sup quanchi

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirion_Of_Doom
sup quanchi You still live.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.