RotS Mace Windu vs Obi-Wan Kenobi (SABERS ONLY)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk

Kurk

TheNuisanceBird
Yeah, this is a match up I've been wondering about for awhile. I've always wanted to see Kenobi fight Mace, Dooku, and Vader in saber's only which I personally think he has a good chance of taking a majority against any of the three of them.

Anakin and Grievous being faster than Yoda? Maybe. But didn't the book have Yoda being the ESB/ROTJ of himself?

Plus Star Wars Head-To-Head or even Pablo Hidalgo isn't the best source for stuff like this let's be honest.

Azronger
Not sure, prolly either way.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Grievous being faster than Yoda? Maybe.

cs_zoltan
lul at using head-to-head

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Ursumeles

Considering his feats/descriptions from the ROTS novel it's entirely possible.

Maybe I should've been more clear I meant ESB/ROTJ Yoda which is the one the book uses last time I checked. I think that was the reason they had him losing to Vader.

Rockydonovang
gevious didn't do anything against windu. They fought for a single, brief, exchange where Grievous tried and failed to accurately replicate Mace's form. The only reason Mace resorted to BFR was because his priority was palps.

The Ellimist
I'm still going with Mace. He is ~ Dooku as of Dark Rendevous and seems to have grown more powerful by RotS; meanwhile, whilst Obi Wan is a match for Dooku in pure swordplay, he still likely isn't quite at parity given that Dooku can fend off him + restrained Anakin for a modest bit of time, so Mace > Dooku >= Obi Wan. And this is not factoring in his half of the superconducting loop. Obi Wan has soresu, sure, but it's unclear if that will not just delay the inevitable.

Darth Thor
Didnt find Kenobi s wins over Maul worth mentioning?

Anyway Mace wins. Kenobis only hope is going all defensive from the get go which honestly hes not all that likely to do. But even then I doubt that would hold off Mace indefinitely. There will be a winner and it will be Mace.

If we include Force powers then honestly Mace makes pretty short work of Obi-Wan.

Trocity
As is the answer with this thread always, Kenobi holds his own and makes Mace work hard for it, but ultimately Windu is just better.

Kurk
This fight is going off the presumption that Kenobi is familiar with Mace's Vaapad and knows his best plan of strategy is to go completely defensive and wait for him to tire out. There will be no super-conductive loop; Mace will only have his energy to feed off of, and eventually will fatigue.

Assuming this strategy, Mace has nothing going for him. He is not faster than Kenobi, or at least not fast enough to overwhelm him, and the same can be said for his strength.

In a non-ideal fight, Mace would win via a force advantage or by luring Kenobi into attack mode, but this fight is assuming special, controlled-environment circumstances.

Windu being "just better" is not an argument at this point.

Kenobi's wins against Maul were not relevant, because if you're using his Florrum performance against the brothers, that was his offensive mode which doesn't go along with the theme of this fight. His Rebels Maul win was also irrelevant as it relied on him playing on, and predicting, Maul's emotions.

Again, Kenobi was able to hold off Anakin and Grievous as long as he did, despite being at a power disadvantage, due to his form's simplicity and conservative use of energy. That's a strong contrast to Mace's taxing Vaapad.

Kurk
up; we're not done here.

Stigma
Windu is just better tbh.

Kurk
Originally posted by Stigma
Windu is just better tbh. Not an argument

Stigma
smile

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kurk

Kenobi's wins against Maul were not relevant, because if you're using his Florrum performance against the brothers, that was his offensive mode which doesn't go along with the theme of this fight. His Rebels Maul win was also irrelevant as it relied on him playing on, and predicting, Maul's emotions.

Kenobis defences held up against Maul on their first fight on Florrum. And shortly against both Maul and Opress.

I doubt his offensive in the cave would have worked half as well without his defences holding up as strongly as they did.

Wasnt thinking of Rebels since this is ROTS Kenobi, but Rebels Kenobi was clearly a level above his ROTS incarnation, proving just how invulnerable he is when on the defensive. And also showing hes not likely to switch to an offence anymore.

Originally posted by Kurk

Again, Kenobi was able to hold off Anakin and Grievous as long as he did, despite being at a power disadvantage, due to his form's simplicity and conservative use of energy. That's a strong contrast to Mace's taxing Vaapad.

Okay, but Kenobi didnt teach Windu like he did Anakin. And neither Anakin or Grievous have defeated Sidious.

I mean you wouldnt argue ROTS Kenobi could hold off against Palpatine or Yoda in Sabers would you?

quanchi112
Windu wrecks him.

Kurk

quanchi112

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.