Hal Jordan replaces Superman in Action Comics 775

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://image.ibb.co/kmQrjG/image.jpg

Would Hal have made this a short story by just up and winning?
Would The Elite have beaten Hal initially?
If so, could Hal have turned it up a notch at the end and hand The Elite their asses?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/67/3e/38/673e38323ed413fad5a07c9512327537.jpg

riv6672
I'll take that as 'Hal kicks their asses'.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672
I'll take that as 'Hal kicks their asses'.

Pretty much. God of will at whatnot

cdtm
Hmm...

Hal did lose to Superman, in his own comic.. A not in his right mind Hal, but this is a Sacrifice situation where he thought Supes is Parallax.

If he can beat him, the Elite should be able to, since this was a case where Superman couldn't simply power his way through.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by cdtm
Hmm...

Hal did lose to Superman, in his own comic.. A not in his right mind Hal, but this is a Sacrifice situation where he thought Supes is Parallax.

If he can beat him, the Elite should be able to, since this was a case where Superman couldn't simply power his way through.

Thats exactly what he did tho...he poweres thru the elite

cdtm
? He was using hit and run tactics.

The hiding and charging, the poison dart, using his super breath and physics, the surgical strike on Black's brain. Sure, these involved the USE of his powers, but he was carefully planning and executing the entire time.

Black is so powerful, he controlled half his rogues gallery, turned Bizarro Superman into Not-Bizarro Superman, and convined Superman he killed Lois.

SquallX

The hiding and charging, the poison dart, using his super breath and physics, the surgical strike on Black's brain. Sure, these involved the USE of his powers, but he was carefully planning and executing the entire time.

Black is so powerful, he controlled half his rogues gallery, turned Bizarro Superman into Not-Bizarro Superman, and convined Superman he killed Lois.

The reason Clark fought like that was to show Black what happen if he ever chooses to go evil, and how easily he could have killed them from the get go. Not because he was scared to take Black in head to head fight.

cdtm
Read the comic, and it's clear that Clark is very much uncertain he could beat them straight out.

One of them cracked open a moon, which was a pretty big deal back then. Lois was trying to talk Clark out of doing anything, and he wasn't exactly the picture of confidence.

riv6672
^^^thats not how i interpreted it, i'm more in the SqallX camp.

Also this isnt God of Will or whatever, its standard Hal.

SquallX

Stoic

Bentley
Originally posted by Stoic
No retcon is going to explain that the Earth shook and no one was hurt. I'm going with the original. Makes a little more sense.

Comics physics?

"I'm going to ignore this showing because I don't like it"

Stoic
Originally posted by Bentley
Comics physics?

First where was this retcon? You're going to take it at face value without any proof? Bentley have a seat at the back of the room. This isn't the first time that Squall made a claim like this.

8swords

that strategy was creative and all. but i'm in favor of hal on this one,, hal could also do it.. i mean in a more versatile way, like clip her wings,BFR, backstab etc, imo.. my only concern would be on black though..

Stoic
Comics physics?

Did you know that they recently fought again in Action Comics? No Earth shakers that I recall, but maybe I'm not remembering fully.

Bentley
First where was this retcon? You're going to take it at face value without any proof? Bentley have a seat at the back of the room. This isn't the first time that Squall made a claim like this.

It was a criticism of your argument ("earth shook but no one got hurt"wink, I'm entirely ok with asking Squall for proof but that doesn't change the essence of the argument you brought.

Bentley
Did you know that they recently fought again in Action Comics? No Earth shakers that I recall, but maybe I'm not remembering fully.

That's kind of a different argument, but if no Earth shakers were literally refuted the newer showing doesn't necessarily discredit the (assumed) retcon Squall proposed.

For all we know the Earth shaked harder in their more recent fight but narration forgot to bring it up *shrughs*

Stoic
That's kind of a different argument, but if no Earth shakers were literally refuted the newer showing doesn't necessarily discredit the (assumed) retcon Squall proposed.

For all we know the Earth shaked harder in their more recent fight but narration forgot to bring it up *shrughs*

You're right Bentley, I should have said Ohhhh, another retcon, where was that stated? Shrug.

Bentley
You're right Bentley, I should have said Ohhhh, another retcon, where was that stated? Shrug.

Sadly that's the state of writting in this media wacko

Bentley

Sadly that's the state of writting in this media XD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.