The Cloverfield Paradox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



rox

rox
I was hoping for a title like The Cloverfield Particle or S.S. Cloverfield/Cloverfield S.S.

rox
So now its title the cloverfield paradox

carthage
It drops tonight apparently

Arachnid1
This dropped on netflix 45 minutes ago. I'll give it a watch tonight. The trailer claims to have answers for the first movie which is long overdue.

quanchi112
Going to save this for tomorrow night. Love Netflix.

BruceSkywalker
will pass unless it gets recommended

Arachnid1
Saw it. It was alright. There were some good parts ( holy hell at the earth 2 astronaut chick who was displaced into the walls and wiring) but there were some really goofy parts that were a bit hard to take seriously. Some stuff just flat out didn't make sense. I get Abrams was going for an Event Horizon type feel but it just ended up feeling goofy.

That doesn't mean it was bad though. They good news is that it explained the first two movies completely, and it set up the fourth movie (which takes place in Nazi Germany). It all makes sense now.

steverules_2
0% on RT

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Arachnid1
) but there were some really goofy parts that were a bit hard to take seriously.

Yeah the moment I saw Chris O'Dowd's name in the opening credits, I was dubious as to whether he had a serious role...or not.

rox
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Saw it. It was alright. There were some good parts ( holy hell at the earth 2 astronaut chick who was displaced into the walls and wiring) but there were some really goofy parts that were a bit hard to take seriously. Some stuff just flat out didn't make sense. I get Abrams was going for an Event Horizon type feel but it just ended up feeling goofy.

That doesn't mean it was bad though. They good news is that it explained the first two movies completely, and it set up the fourth movie (which takes place in Nazi Germany). It all makes sense now.

I thought it was good. Not great but not god awful. Some new questions were created but some were answered.

quanchi112
Decent nothing great.

carthage

0mega Spawn
I like this direction. Lots of things to do with fractured multiverse.

Just hated the filler...
Worms - unnecessary
Missing gyro - unnecessary
Arm - stupid and unnecessary

Matter of fact that arm needs as much explaining than the past two films that this one is explaining lol

rox
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
I like this direction. Lots of things to do with fractured multiverse.

Just hated the filler...
Worms - unnecessary
Missing gyro - unnecessary
Arm - stupid and unnecessary

Matter of fact that arm needs as much explaining than the past two films that this one is explaining lol

The fillers were part of the paranormal stuff with the accelerator

Bashar Teg
it was okayish

BruceSkywalker
any nudity or violence?

Bashar Teg
some gore not particularly violent

don't recall any nudity

Robtard
Started out as a decent SciFi horror, then kinda turned into a meh turd. Not something I'd ever watch again.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Robtard
Started out as a decent SciFi horror, then kinda turned into a meh turd. Not something I'd ever watch again. Yeah these are my thoughts too. Solid start, then completely fell apart.

rox
It was good but its no King Kong or Godzilla epic type movie.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by rox
The fillers were part of the paranormal stuff with the accelerator

I'm aware. They're still unnecessary.

Galan007
This was a poor man's Event Horizon. Do not recommend.

Blindside12
Um it was free on Netflix, and a pretty cool show. How can you not recommend it?

Galan007
Because it was a shit film?

rox
Originally posted by Galan007
Because it was a shit film?

it would have been better if they let jj finish fixing the film instead of rushing him. now we got some netflix shit show which i still love the story but i wish the effects were better

Esau Cairn
I don't think fixing the effecting would've made the movie any better.

It followed the standard space station disaster formula with a convoluted dimensional twist that hardly made a difference except to loosely tie it in with the 1st movie.

Flyattractor
Its got the guy from the IT Crowd so I could See this.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Its got the guy from the IT Crowd so I could See this.

Yeah Chris O'Dowd.

Love IT Crowd but the prob with him in Cloverfield is that he's purely there for comic relief.

Basically he's that guy on the space station with funny one-liners but you don't exactly know what his role is...

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Yeah Chris O'Dowd.

Love IT Crowd but the prob with him in Cloverfield is that he's purely there for comic relief.

Basically he's that guy on the space station with funny one-liners but you don't exactly know what his role is...

Yeah I have heard this is kind of a 50/50 film. And I have no prob with Chris being their ONLY for Comic Relief.

You say that as if it were a BAD THING!?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Flyattractor

You say that as if it were a BAD THING!?


On a doomed space station, he's the equivalent to the inflatable auto-pilot in Flying High.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
On a doomed space station, he's the equivalent to the inflatable auto-pilot in Flying High.

You mean the joke they stole from Airplane?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You mean the joke they stole from Airplane?

Same movie.
It had alternate titles depending on where it was released.

rox
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Its got the guy from the IT Crowd so I could See this.

He was actually descent in this film. I love his line about a certain body part of his. That something that would have made me pass out.

TheVaultDweller
I thought this movie started off with an interesting premise, and then went completely to shit. It's like they were actively seeing how many space station horror movie tropes they could squeeze into one film. It got to the point where I could predict what was about to happen.

BruceSkywalker
this was horrible shit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.