HP Doomsday invades Asgard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Odin, The Serpent, War Thor, and Hiemdall are there how far does he get

DarkSaint85
He likely dies.

Doomsday never met magic, so he wouldn't have the energy tanking feats.

krisblaze
Odin stops him.

No clue how Serpent does, he seems pretty weak at the moment.

carver9
Doomsday dies. Jane kills him.

DarkSaint85
Volstagg would kill him, lol.

Stoic
HP Doomsday would have to be sent away is my guess. Kill him DS? That may last about as long as the Omega Effect did imo. However this all depends on whether or not Darkseid was even remotely as powerful as Odin is, which is where I'm drawing my comparison from.

Okay let's go back.

Would Darkseid of Hunter Prey have been able to defeat Zeus under his own power without siphoning or stealing his power? If Darkseid at that time was considered to be above Odin, and HP Doomsday stomped him with the ease that Superman would stomp Wonder Man, would that make him as powerful as an Elder God - Mid range Abstract?

But then we see how easily HP Doomsday is dispatched during OWAW. Something doesn't seem to add up here.

Can anyone put this into a logical perspective that works for both sides?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
HP Doomsday would have to be sent away is my guess. Kill him DS? That may last about as long as the Omega Effect did imo. However this all depends on whether or not Darkseid was even remotely as powerful as Odin is, which is where I'm drawing my comparison from.

Different attacks. Doomsday adapts. By the time HP faced DS, he had already gone through a Guardian, The Radiant, Superman, Guy Gardner etc.

Now? Pure magic. Something he has never faced before.

Doomsday was dispatched by entropy. Something that he had never faced before. In fact,it was what would have killed HP had Brainiac other saved him atthe literal last minute.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Different attacks. Doomsday adapts. By the time HP faced DS, he had already gone through a Guardian, The Radiant, Superman, Guy Gardner etc.

Now? Pure magic. Something he has never faced before.

Doomsday was dispatched by entropy. Something that he had never faced before. In fact,it was what would have killed HP had Brainiac other saved him atthe literal last minute.

Okay so Odin's magic would kill him, because he's never encountered this kind of assault before. Just one thing though. He was never hit by the Omega Beams either, he got up from it without a problem, so unless DD is as essential to the DCU as Superman, it makes no sense as to why he wasn't outright erased. This has been an issue for many people for a while. Not sure it can be answered. PIS?

Damborgson
Serpent slapped Mjolnir out of the air like nothing, and his thunder guard is OP.

Doomsday would tear a hole in Asgard before getting stopped though. His fists have spikes on them, every shot Mangog landed on Volstagg, from Doomsday, would tear flesh off his bones.

Between them all though, throwing the destroyer at him, Serpent, War Thor, Jane Thor, Thor, Odin, etc. He'd get crunched.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Okay so Odin's magic would kill him, because he's never encountered this kind of assault before. Just one thing though. He was never hit by the Omega Beams either, he got up from it without a problem, so unless DD is as essential to the DCU as Superman, it makes no sense as to why he wasn't outright erased. This has been an issue for many people for a while. Not sure it can be answered. PIS?

Prob.

Mary Marvel took it too.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/114303/2228970-CountdowntoFinalCrisis24-08.jpg

xJLxKing

celeyhyga17
Doesn't say current Odin so pretty sure all viable Odin feats are game.

xJLxKing

krisblaze
Originally posted by Damborgson
Serpent slapped Mjolnir out of the air like nothing, and his thunder guard is OP.

Doomsday would tear a hole in Asgard before getting stopped though. His fists have spikes on them, every shot Mangog landed on Volstagg, from Doomsday, would tear flesh off his bones.

Between them all though, throwing the destroyer at him, Serpent, War Thor, Jane Thor, Thor, Odin, etc. He'd get crunched.

How OP is the thunder guard? They're getting destroyed by Sentry.

celeyhyga17
I think your way doesn't work. If something about Odin comes up that fundamentally changes the character, then u may have something. U can't discount feats just because his most recent showing isn't galaxy busting. Hell this Odin was shown to literally beat a sentient galaxy wide storm and through sheer power, forced said storm in a small uru metal(in the same run).

DarkSaint85
Same way we have classic Kingpin,I guess.

xJLxKing

celeyhyga17
Then u must have missed "classic" Odin get overwhelmed by an army of space ants and lizards.

xJLxKing

quanchi112
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Then u must have missed "classic" Odin get overwhelmed by an army of space ants and lizards. thumb up

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by xJLxKing

Of course there are low and high feats. I’m not arguing that

More so, the “average” showing. I’m this case, I can’t recall a recent (last 5 years) average showing that coke close to his average showing 20-30 years ago

That’s just my opinion based on Marvel.

Granted, unlike dC I only started catching up to Marvel this year so I’m still “new”

Fraction's Odin (2011-2012) saved the 9 realms by manipulating amped Surtur's energies. The energies threatened to destroy all realms(all the universes connected to yggdrassil) and would have burned the multiverse had Loki not asked the Manchester gods to cut off Surtur's connection to their realm.

He also went one on one with Galactus and did extremely well for someone supposed to be a tier below.

Modern Odin is not without feats.

h1a8
I think the fact that DD never encountered the OE and resisted it (or evolved resistance instantly) shows that he has the ability to evolve resistance on the fly. DD natural durability enables would prevent him from getting one shot by Odin or anyone else in Asgard. He adapts.

Also remember that DD has an instant healing factor. So even if they do the improbable (damage him) then he would just heal instantly.

Finally, the OE as written in that arc was shown more powerful than than any blasts he will face from Asgard.

RealityWarper
DD can possibly clear or be stopped by Odin via BFR.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Damborgson
Originally posted by krisblaze
How OP is the thunder guard? They're getting destroyed by Sentry.

Together they beat Jane Thor bloody. And no sold Mjolnir essentially.

Is Sentry whipping them? I know,he engaged them, didnt know,he wrecked them.

panthergod
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
5 years is an arbitrary cut-off but in the last few years off the top of my head Odin has stopped/reversed time, created a planet from nothing, battled Galactus, easily dispelled Surtur's energy (He had accumulated enough to destroy the entire Multiverse using Otherworld as a gateway), banished an entire realm/Universe easily, stalemated his Dark God counterpart while freshly revived (Who through sheer force of will staved off Universal entropy of his Universe) all while in his base form and not accessing his full power.

The Serpent while feeding on fear was portrayed as far more powerful than every Hell Lord and demon in Marvel except Surtur.

Aaron is portraying Odin a lot less beyond everyone in their totality but that doesn't erase his feats. And the Mother Storm was intended to be the big reveal that explained Jane's fight with Odin.

And you realize I hope, that Aaron is also the same writer who had Odin wrestle and defeat the Mother Storm at it's peak, blast down a Celestial supposedly, and had King Thor while running on steam take on Galactus (Who granted was also old) but the fight was galactic in scope. Aaron is aware what Odin is capable off. I'm guessing he's choosing to ignore it for the sake of plot or maybe he's amped the scale. After all, Mangog is suppose to be this unstoppable force in this story more powerful than ever. He crushed Mjolnir which is analogous to 616 Mjolnir and is powered by the rage of a dead Universe or whatever crap. After all, Thanos and the Grandmaster were both after it as a means to great power and those guys usually go after Infinity Gems or Cosmic Cube type weapons.

Anyways, Doomsday doesn't have the significance of Mangog, both conceptually or spiritually when it comes to feeding off Gods. He'll give some serious trouble until he's eventually stopped by one of the bigger guns. Or Odin blinks him out of existence. Depends on the story, so in that sense, nothing's really changed.

yeah, Doomsday beat Darkseid near to death on Apokolips. At lesser levels he took on the GLC and survived a Guardians all out blast.

So He's mudstomping Asgard. Odin MIGHT be able to finesse a mcguffin to BFR him, but that's it. No different than Mangog.

And you know it.

abhilegend
5 years is an arbitrary cut-off but in the last few years off the top of my head Odin has stopped/reversed time, created a planet from nothing, battled Galactus, easily dispelled Surtur's energy (He had accumulated enough to destroy the entire Multiverse using Otherworld as a gateway), banished an entire realm/Universe easily, stalemated his Dark God counterpart while freshly revived (Who through sheer force of will staved off Universal entropy of his Universe) all while in his base form and not accessing his full power.

The Serpent while feeding on fear was portrayed as far more powerful than every Hell Lord and demon in Marvel except Surtur.

Aaron is portraying Odin a lot less beyond everyone in their totality but that doesn't erase his feats. And the Mother Storm was intended to be the big reveal that explained Jane's fight with Odin.

And you realize I hope, that Aaron is also the same writer who had Odin wrestle and defeat the Mother Storm at it's peak, blast down a Celestial supposedly, and had King Thor while running on steam take on Galactus (Who granted was also old) but the fight was galactic in scope. Aaron is aware what Odin is capable off. I'm guessing he's choosing to ignore it for the sake of plot or maybe he's amped the scale. After all, Mangog is suppose to be this unstoppable force in this story more powerful than ever. He crushed Mjolnir which is analogous to 616 Mjolnir and is powered by the rage of a dead Universe or whatever crap. After all, Thanos and the Grandmaster were both after it as a means to great power and those guys usually go after Infinity Gems or Cosmic Cube type weapons.

Anyways, Doomsday doesn't have the significance of Mangog, both conceptually or spiritually when it comes to feeding off Gods. He'll give some serious trouble until he's eventually stopped by one of the bigger guns. Or Odin blinks him out of existence. Depends on the story, so in that sense, nothing's really changed.
laughing out loud

Doomsday would tear Odin apart at this point. His only chance is to BFR him.

Or send his wife to fight on his behalf again.

quanchi112
Asgard rapes Doomsday. Apokolips isn't that impressive compared to Asgard.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by panthergod
yeah, Doomsday beat Darkseid near to death on Apokolips. At lesser levels he took on the GLC and survived a Guardians all out blast.

So He's mudstomping Asgard. Odin MIGHT be able to finesse a mcguffin to BFR him, but that's it. No different than Mangog.

And you know it.

The only thing I know is that you're an idiot and Doomsday would lose. Asgard has way too many resources and power at their disposal. Some of it is ignored, very often even, but you're a champion of utilizing characters at their best so that shouldn't be a problem for you here.

Example: Doctor Strange just whipped up a cane from the World Tree and transmuted an entire dimension on a whim. In his own words, Asgard sits on more magic than they know what to do with. We also have the Odin Sword, the Twilight Sword, the Destroyer etc.

This would be like the classic Kirby/Lee story. An unstoppable threat that tears through the entire army of Asgard somehow that gets stopped when it reaches Odin.

Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Doomsday would tear Odin apart at this point. His only chance is to BFR him.

Or send his wife to fight on his behalf again.

You think Doomsday would beat Odin?

panthergod
The only thing I know is that you're an idiot and Doomsday would lose. Asgard has way too many resources and power at their disposal. Some of it is ignored, very often even, but you're a champion of utilizing characters at their best so that shouldn't be a problem for you here.

Example: Doctor Strange just whipped up a cane from the World Tree and transmuted an entire dimension on a whim. In his own words, Asgard sits on more magic than they know what to do with. We also have the Odin Sword, the Twilight Sword, the Destroyer etc.

This would be like the classic Kirby/Lee story. An unstoppable threat that tears through the entire army of Asgard somehow that gets stopped when it reaches Odin.

You think Doomsday would beat Odin?

Again: wrecking the GLC, surviving Guardian's all out life force blast at lesser levels, stomping Apokolips, defeating Darkseid.

And Yes, Doomsday definitely outperforms She-Thor.

By the time He got to Odin He'd be at least nearly immune to puny Asgardian magick anyway. After all, It's already established to be too puny to disrupt out Superman's durability, on panel. It's simply small world puny godling magick, after all.

Odin's ***** made dirt f*cker self would do well to run like the coward he is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by panthergod
Again: wrecking the GLC, surviving Guardian's all out life force blast at lesser levels, stomping Apokolips, defeating Darkseid.

And Yes, Doomsday definitely outperforms She-Thor.

By the time He got to Odin He'd be at least nearly immune to puny Asgardian magick anyway. After all, It's already established to be too puny to disrupt out Superman's durability, on panel. It's simply small world puny godling magick, after all.

Odin's ***** made dirt f*cker self would do well to run like the coward he is.

I was with you in the first paragraph but by the end there, this post read like you're on bath salts.

I don't see Doomsday becoming "immune" to Asgardian magic. How does that work? The World Tree is the Axis of Worlds and serves as the centre point for the Multiverse, that's the main source of Asgardian magic (Which coincidentally is powered by the Odin Force), and Asgardian magic is incredibly versatile. It can be cosmic based, Rune based, Chaos magic based, blood magic etc.

Saying Doomsday will become immune to Asgsdian magic is like arguing he'd become immune to energy, ignoring how varied, numerous and powerful energy can be. Not to mention Asgadian magic will far more powerful than anything he's come across. Infinitely so.

Anyways, Heimdall hops in the Destroyer, piles on some more energy through godly life forces, game over.

riv6672
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Odin, The Serpent, War Thor, and Hiemdall are there how far does he get
Sent away or killed, he wouldnt get far. Asgard is not Metropolis, DD isnt just rolling through.

panthergod
I was with you in the first paragraph but the end there, this post read like you're on bath salts.

I don't see Doomsday becoming "immune" to Asgardian magic. How does that work? The World Tree is the Axis of Worlds and serves as the centre point for the Multiverse, that's the main source of Asgardian magic (Which coincidentally is powered by the Odin Force), and Asgardian magic is incredibly versatile. It can be cosmic based, Rune based, Chaos magic based, blood magic etc.

Saying Doomsday will become immune to Asgsdian magic is like arguing he'd become immune to energy, ignoring how varied and numerous energy is. Not to mention Asgadian magic will far more powerful than anything he's come across. Infinitely so.

..so you literally don't know the first thing about Doomsdays powerset, then? Ok. The Radiant, Mother Box Tech, etc. He can adapt to energies as he encounters them as was shown in DD Year One against the GLC and H/P.

Apokolips transcends the Multiverse and Darkseid has absorbed the power of various pantheons.

Odins best shot is to cower behind his wife as usual.

Oh, and the Destroyer gets torn apart. Again.

MrMind
DD rips Odin apart

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He likely dies.

Doomsday never met magic, so he wouldn't have the energy tanking feats.

J'onn had the Blood Gem in DOS. He said he was using it. Previously in the ECLIPSO: DARKNESS WITHIN crossover(not cross company crossover, crossover between all the DC Annuals) he was shown using it with energy blasts from his hands, unless it being J'onn the whole time was a retcon (his introduction made me feel like it was intended to be J'onn the whole time) so it looks like he has encountered it before.

Damborgson
DD gets wrecked.

h1a8
DD adapts on the fly. So if the attack does not outright one shot him then he will adapt. Plus he has a HF.

h1a8
Personally, excluding some type of exotic attacks, I see DD running through all of the them, killing them all with incredible speed.

As it stands Asgard wins by Bfr at the least.

MrMind
whatever Mangog did to Asgard, DD would do it worse
and good luck throwing DD into the sun lol, see how that'll do for you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.