MCU's UFC tournament

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
These MCU fighters compete in a UFC-style tournament against each other, within their own "weight class". Standard UFC rules apply: can win via KO or tap out, no groin hits or fish hooks etc., 3x 5 minute rounds, if no winner by end of 3 rounds then it goes to judges' decision, etc.

Fighters aren't allowed any weapons or armor unless specified. Fights are pure h2h, no eccentric powers allowed. Who ends up the tournament champion for each weight class?

Featherweight (fight inside a regular ocatgon):
Daredevil
Danny Rand (no Ironfist)
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Frank Castle
Melinda May
Batroc
Dr. Strange

Lightweight (fight inside a double sized octagon):
Captain America
Bucky
T'Challa
Jessica Jones
Peter Parker
Drax
Gamora

Middleweight (fight inside a quadruple size octagon made of vibranium):
Ironman (strongest armor but no weapons, flight or AI)
Warmachine (no weapons, flight or AI)
Ronan
Loki
Luke Cage
Groot
Ghost Rider

Heavyweight (fight inside an arena surround by a force field):
Thor
Vision
Hulk
Kurse
Hela
Valkyrie
Abomination

Bonus question: Which weight division would be the most exciting to watch?

carthage
How is Valkyrie in a higher class than GR

FrothByte
Originally posted by carthage
How is Valkyrie in a higher class than GR

Because she's had better feats?

relentless1
Heavyweight is always the most fun to watch

TheVaultDweller
Featherweight - Probably May or Matt.

Lightweight - Peter, probably. Without gear and/or environment (like Steve had in CW, for example), none of the others are going to put him down. That being said, I don't see how these guys are dropping Drax either.

Middleweight is a tough one. Multiple contenders there.

Heavyweight is another tough one, but mainly because of lack of feats for this kind of match. For example, Hela did fight in melee some, but she was always using her sword spamming techniques as well. I don't recall her actually engaging in any notable pure H2H. So, while she might have an absurd level of damage soak, she might not be able to KO some of the others here in return.

As to which would be more entertaining? Heavyweights for the large-scale spectacle, and then the Featherweights, because I would love to see some of the Netflix guys throw it down with some of the SHIELD guys.

Nevan
Why is Luke in a higher class than Drax?

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Featherweight - Probably May or Matt.

Lightweight - Peter, probably. Without gear and/or environment (like Steve had in CW, for example), none of the others are going to put him down. That being said, I don't see how these guys are dropping Drax either.

Middleweight is a tough one. Multiple contenders there.

Heavyweight is another tough one, but mainly because of lack of feats for this kind of match. For example, Hela did fight in melee some, but she was always using her sword spamming techniques as well. I don't recall her actually engaging in any notable pure H2H. So, while she might have an absurd level of damage soak, she might not be able to KO some of the others here in return.

As to which would be more entertaining? Heavyweights for the large-scale spectacle, and then the Featherweights, because I would love to see some of the Netflix guys throw it down with some of the SHIELD guys.

Just remember that you don't need to KO or tap out someone to get to win. If the 3 rounds run out it goes to decision.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Nevan
Why is Luke in a higher class than Drax?

Because he has way better feats.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Just remember that you don't need to KO or tap out someone to get to win. If the 3 rounds run out it goes to decision.

I was going to say, because something that can sometimes become somewhat of an issue with these types of matches is that a lot of super-powered MCU characters have disproportionately high durability relative to their other physical stats (someone like Drax being a prime example, but even Super Soldiers fall into this category to a degree i.e. various shield strikes to the head from Cap couldn't KO Bucky, and multiple metal arm haymakers to the face from Bucky couldn't KO Cap, so good luck to either of them punching each other out with bare, human fists). So, while others might not be able to put them down, they don't have the feats to suggest they could manage it either.

TheVaultDweller

Luke has better feats in some areas, while Drax has better feats in others, IMO. Like the ship crash from GotG vol. 2. Now, I could definitely see Luke surviving said crash. But I have a really tough time seeing him literally laughing it off, like Drax did. Issue with Drax is actual fighting feats. He was drunk for his fights against Groot and Ronan, so likely not a great representation of what he is truly capable of. And the only notable sober fight he has is against Korath who, other than one or two decent striking feats, is virtually featless.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Luke has better feats in some areas, while Drax has better feats in others, IMO. Like the ship crash from GotG vol. 2. Now, I could definitely see Luke surviving said crash. But I have a really tough time seeing him literally laughing it off, like Drax did. Issue with Drax is actual fighting feats. He was drunk for his fights against Groot and Ronan, so likely not a great representation of what he is truly capable of. And the only notable sober fight he has is against Korath who, other than one or two decent striking feats, is virtually featless.

That ship crash is his one good feat. And while I see Luke being able to replicate that, i can't see Drax shrugging off bullets, tanking a rocket launcher or shoulder bashing an SUV. In any case, even if they can't KO Drax it will go to judges decision.

Nevan
No, he doesn't, Drax crashing through the trees is better than any of Luke's feats and Gamora shooting that huge gun is shows that if Luke is stronger, it's not by much.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Nevan
No, he doesn't, Drax crashing through the trees is better than any of Luke's feats and Gamora shooting that huge gun is shows that if Luke is stronger, it's not by much.

So do you think Drax can easily beat guys like Cap and T'Challa in pure h2h?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.