Informed Opinions and Public Policy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
I was 44 years old, sitting in front of the tele, watching BBC 4 - the apex of news and information - and I had an epiphany:

This is the moment I realized I was now politically savvy. The moment I was informed. I realized that I knew everything about politics and science. Everything enough to be a proper voter at the polls. So I shut the tele off and went to get up. It was difficult getting up because my knees were not what they used to be and my belly was in the way from too many biscuits during afternoon tea time.

Back to my knowledge as a proper informed adult...

After the echos of my cracking knees stopped resounding throughout my lounge (for you Yanks, we British call our Living Rooms "lounges"wink, I surmised that I was now a proper political boffin. Only time dedicated to a campaign and I would clearly be the British Prime Minister.

At what point did you realize your age proferred you the status of a true political boffin to the point that you feel quit right to vote?

Robtard

Flyattractor
I used to agree with a lot of Leftist Political Views and beliefs.

But then I turned 8.

The Ellimist
lmfao

Seriously though you know things have gone full circle when the left is bragging about how they're older and more mature than their counterparts. It used to be the conservatives annoying everyone with their "good old days" talk.

Steve Zodiac
I was 33 and part of a strange off-shoot of Christianity common in Utah. It was at this point as a living prophet I felt my religious right to save the world from stupidity. I found my own buried book that angels had directed me to. It changed my life.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Ellimist
lmfao

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I was 33 and part of a strange off-shoot of Christianity common in Utah. It was at this point as a living prophet I felt my religious right to save the world from stupidity. I found my own buried book that angels had directed me to. It changed my life.

shifty

Emperordmb
You found the gold plates?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I was 33

Senile Old Farts like you should be kept off the interwebs.

Go Churn some Butter GRAMPS!!!!!!!

rolling on floor laughing

Kurk
Honestly, if Mormonism still allowed polygamy I'd "convert" in a heart beat.

Flyattractor
Yeah, I don't see how Polygamy works. Especially after all of those broads periods sync up...

Stigma
Originally posted by dadudemon
I was 44 years old, sitting in front of the tele, watching BBC 4 - the apex of news and information - and I had an epiphany:

This is the moment I realized I was now politically savvy. The moment I was informed. I realized that I knew everything about politics and science. Everything enough to be a proper voter at the polls. So I shut the tele off and went to get up. It was difficult getting up because my knees were not what they used to be and my belly was in the way from too many biscuits during afternoon tea time.

After the echos of my cracking knees stopped resounding throughout my lounge (for you Yanks, we British call our Living Rooms "lounges"wink, I surmised that I was now a proper political boffin. Only time dedicated to a campaign and I would clearly be the British Prime Minister.

At what point did you realize your age proferred you the status of a true political boffin to the point that you feel quit right to vote?
laughing out loud

dadudemon
Originally posted by Stigma
laughing out loud

shifty

Kurk
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah, I don't see how Polygamy works. Especially after all of those broads periods sync up... funny guy laughing out loud

Flyattractor
I mean Mormon Guys had to have had some TRUE Balls in the day to come home to something like a Half Dozen.....that or at least a good pair of hip waders.

dadudemon
This is a great thread.

I reread the Opening Post while munching on mango slices. A proper afternoon tea time, if I do say.

Excuse me for a while because I have to go read the PISA scores and gloat about the UK being marginally better than the US.

SquallX

laughing

27, and I have yet to consider myself savy enough when it comes to politics.

I usually look at their policies, and if I like it enough I might vote for them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.