Vitiate, Revan and HoT vs. Vader, Starkiller and Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Scenario: Bereft of nexus amp and prep time, but accompanied by two powerful Force users Vitiate faces the three imposing figures of the OT/NJO era.

Setting: Raxus Prime, in the middle of a vast junkyard.

Starting distance: 20 feet

- SWTOR Vitiate
- peak Revan
- peak Hero of Tython

VS.

- RotJ Vader
- TFU II Starkiller
- peak Caedus

Who wins?

DarthAnt66
Peak HoT as in Outlander?

Stigma
No, SWTOR. Just like Vitiate here.

Azronger
Team 2

Ursumeles
Scenario one: Revan and Vitiate are clear MVPs, and enough to compensate for HoT, who's the weak link.
Scenario two: Vitiate walks into a lightsaber, the HoT gets dominated and Revan get's gangbanged.

Stigma
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Scenario one: Revan and Vitiate are clear MVPs, and enough to compensate for HoT, who's the weak link.

https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/notsure-1.jpg

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Scenario two: Vitiate walks into a lightsaber, the HoT gets dominated and Revan get's gangbanged.
mmm

robgod
vitiate solos

Haschwalth
Team one.

Nephthys
Yeah, 1.

Stigma
Vader is too fast tbh.

carthage
Team 2 steamrolls

The Ellimist
The HoT is a weak link. Team 2 wins.

Naugrim
Team 2 without much trouble.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Team 1, no doubt.

AncientPower
Team 1 stomps, really.

Naugrim
Lol. The TOR brigade never fails to entertain at least.

Deronn_solo
Vitiate is too powerful for anyone here to come close to defeating.

Stigma
No nexus amp or prep time, though.

Deronn_solo
I don't put too much emphesis on nexus power-ups, unless the text states it's amping said character to absolutely otherwordly levels. An important detail I doubt any semi-competent writer would leave out.

Sure it helps, but one isn't gonna go fron LeBron to Carmelo Anthony level because they aren't on a nexus anymore.

Freedon Nadd
On the other hand why wouldn't a darksider use a dark side nexus?

Naugrim
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
I don't put too much emphesis on nexus power-ups, unless the text states it's amping said character to absolutely otherwordly levels. An important detail I doubt any semi-competent writer would leave out.

Onderon is literally stated to be a Darkside nexus that is several orders of magnitude more potent then the likes of Korriban. Karpyshyn, the same person who wrote the Revan novel, literally never mentions it having an effect on Bane.

DarthAnt66
And?

Naugrim
LOL.

Gonna give you a second chance to go back and read that again champ. I'm generous like that.

DarthAnt66
I'm asking why Onderon being noted to be a nexus in a different source pertains to DC's point.

Unless you mean it's said to be more potent than Korriban in the Bane trilogy itself...

Naugrim
-

DarthAnt66
I'm not quite sure what you're upvoting when I wrote that last line after you upvoted.

The Ellimist
-

Naugrim
Ah, I forget your habit of editing your responses after they've already been responded to. Annoying, but effective.

Naugrim
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm asking why Onderon being noted to be a nexus in a different source pertains to DC's point.

Unless you mean it's said to be more potent than Korriban in the Bane trilogy itself...

Because Karpyshyn, the same person who wrote the Revan novel, doesn't mention powerful nexuses having an effect when we know that's not the case.

DarthAnt66
That's sort of DC's point. Just because other works emphasize nexui doesn't change the fact Drew is generally apathetic to them unless specified.

It goes back to the question of author intent, really.

Naugrim
author intent

Concession accepted.

DarthAnt66
I was just pointing out your comment was so irrelevant to DC's stance - i.e. author intent - that you shouldn't have even spent the time to write it.

Naugrim
I was just pointing out your comment was so irrelevant to DC's stance - i.e. author intent - that you shouldn't have even spent the time to write it.

He was saying that he didn't think a competent writer would leave out details of a nexus having a significant impact on a fight.

There are examples of far more powerful characters, such as Luke, noting the effects of a nexus.

Thus, Onderon's effect on Bane not being mentioned in the DBT despite Onderon being noted to be one of the most powerful Darkside nexuses in the galaxy is indication that Karpyshyn isn't a competent writer in my view, which was my point.

DarthAnt66
If you want to argue a SW author ignoring preestablished lore / trends means he is not competent, then every author would be toast.

Naugrim
Not doing their research is just lazy in my view, but I'm simply talking about what DC believes. Unless he thinks nexuses are able to effect Luke to a mentionable degree but not Bane despite being on one that's likely far more powerful.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Naugrim
Onderon is literally stated to be a Darkside nexus that is several orders of magnitude more potent then the likes of Korriban. Karpyshyn, the same person who wrote the Revan novel, literally never mentions it having an effect on Bane.

I mean, I never stated it wouldn't have an effect at all, only that if a nexus played a significant role in power a connection of that sort would be stated or, implied, by the author.

On average, I just don't believe nexus takes away from showings as much as we love to state on here.

Rockydonovang
Team 2 destroys. Killer alone has better feats then Revan.

Vader was> Starkiller before coming far superior as off esb where he was still pre-prime. And Cadeus can scale off Vader himself.

Also, tbh, peak Vader would be Vader when he walked through Sidious's lightning, lightning which happens to be far more powerful than anything team 1 has to offer. Don't see how Vitiate's going to compensate for the failings off his teammates.

DarthAnt66
kek

Stigma
TBH I'd like to see Vitiate vs. Vader.

Caedus vs. Revan is interesting too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.