Tourney - Low Meta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
I have been enjoying the sparatic tourneys we've been having and I think we should keep it going. I want to bring a little difficulty to this. Make you think extremely hard on how you'll be the last man standing. I think this is kind of impossible but let's try a low Meta tourney using the same rules as the previous tourney. I provided a listing of the characters below if you are interested but if it is too much, please post your thoughts below.

Low
3-D Man, Ambrose Chase, Angel, Arachne, Arana, Azrael, Beast, Black Canary, Black Tarantula, Blade, Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett), Bruenor Battlehammer, Century, Charcoal, Charlie 27, Constrictor, Creeper, Cyber, Dagger, Deadpool, Deathlok, Deathstroke the Terminator, Doc Ock, Drizzt Do'Urden, Elixer, Falcon, Firehawk, Gambit, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Iron Fist, Jakita Wagner, Karnak, Kid Devil, Killer Croc, Klaw, Lady Deathstrike, Longshot, Luke Cage, Man-Bat, Marrina (Normal), Mercury, Midnighter, Mister Hyde, Multiple Man, Mysterio, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Nuke, Orka Humbug, Prometheus, Protocide, Puck, Puma, Rage, Sabretooth, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Swift, Thunder Cats, Tombstone, Triathalon, Vance Astro, Vanguard, Vermin, Vulture, Warpath, Wildchild, Wizard, Wolverine, Wulfgar, X-23

Rules will be posted later if we get a good number of people who is interested in this. FYI... the ring will have to be shorten for something like this due to a power level difference.

leonidas
it's possible i may have some time for this if we stick to a similar format in terms of post limits. i still like the one post. really forces you to try and outguess your opponent, but the post limit in phils was pretty good and should be easy enough to work with. hopefully. if anyone else is interested. we're listing a character we think should be in like in phil's?

Damborgson
I'm down thumb up and I nominate black Canary

leonidas
i nominate triathlon (3-d man) thumb up and if i end up with him i quit. thumb up

zopzop
Klaw, Creeper (depending on version), and Firehawk should be banned. They are mid meta AT LEAST.

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
i nominate triathlon (3-d man) thumb up and if i end up with him i quit. thumb up I hope this doesn't get randomized thumb up

leonidas
if it's not i'll kill the kmc then carv. not necessarily in that order.

StiltmanFTW
Carver is KMC.

DarkSaint85
Is there prep time?

Randomizer like in Phil's tourney (so a good chance you don't end up with the charatcer you drafted?)

Teams?

Philosophía
Also, when.

Smurph
If there's no randomizer, then I draft Multiple Man.

But seriously, he should be banned.

leonidas
obviously chase should be banned as well....

Supermutant
I nominate Mystique and your welcome.

beatboks
I nominate Longshot

beatboks
i nominate triathlon (3-d man) thumb up and if i end up with him i quit. thumb up

IF I get 3D man watch your back 😁

LordofBrooklyn
KLAW

carver9
Sorry for the late response. No prep but my goal is to get as many people as possible to participate in some kind of way so instead of randomizing, if it's ok with you all... three people are chosen to have a discussion on which person get which character. Example, myself, Darksaint and Damborgson get together and discuss which character go to all of the participants. At the end of the tourney, if you are interested in knowing why that person chose Cyclops for you, it will be answered during the end. If you have a lot of enemies on KMC, right now would be a good time to make peace. smile

leonidas
that sounds....oddly intriguing but you'd need to make sure all the characters were pretty damn close else you'd get a LOT of b!tching and cries of favorites.... weird, but, meh. i'd be game i guess.

carver9
Don't want to force anything on you all. The three people that are chosen, everyone would have to be in agreement with them. I don't want to force anything on you all so if the majority is in disagreement then everyone will stick with their chosen character.

DarkSaint85
Who are the three wise men?

Sounds intriguing. I'm game. I take it we don't draft characters for ourselves then

Edit: and screw making peace. I will deal with the hand I was dealt.

Smurph
I think randomizing would be more efficient and more likely to get things off the ground.

If that's not an option, I guess I'm in.

Damborgson
As interesting as that plan sounds,and it really does, it would probably be better to just randomize...but ill wait to see some more opinions.

leonidas
randomizing WOULD certainly head off problems. if we're stuck with using our drafts no way i'd have chosen that pi$$ bucket 3-d man though and no way i'd go through a tourney using him. used at his best i'd be dq'd, used at his typical i'd be totally phuked. lol

beatboks
I respectfully Suggest LOB as one of yje three to choose who gets who. I can just see yje red font messages of vitriol and claims of robbery if hes not

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by beatboks
I respectfully Suggest LOB as one of yje three to choose who gets who. I can just see yje red font messages of vitriol and claims of robbery if hes not

YOU MAY ENTER THE HOUSE OF EL JUST YET!!!

carver9

LOB would be a good choice imo... lol.

Bentley
If we stick to a low post count I'm interested.

Nightcrawler for me.

DarkSaint85
Do we actually choose at all?

Or do the three wise men dole them out like candy?

leonidas
if we're picking and not randomizing, which would also be fine by me, i'll choose century.

krisblaze
I'd love to judge.

Too swamped with work and exams to participate sad

Smurph
I'm assuming that the three guys can't participate in the tourney... unless they each assign each other characters?

leonidas
lol i'd hope so....

Smurph
So LoB would need to choose between assigning characters and competing.

Damborgson
Randomizing sounds better now after that. Didn't even think of that issue.

carver9
Originally posted by Smurph
I'm assuming that the three guys can't participate in the tourney... unless they each assign each other characters?

Yeah, they are not in the tourney. The majority would have to be in agreement of the 3. Think it would be fun tbh.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Do we actually choose at all?

Or do the three wise men dole them out like candy?

Everyone would choose and the characters that are chosen will be manually presented to the participants. You will probably not have the character you chosen.

leonidas
this thread is dropping down the page. so this isn't gonna happen or what? make a decision, stick to it and let's get it going. if we only got 4 people, cool. makes the format easy peasy.

Smurph
Yeah. If you're stuck on this idea of 3 people assigning characters, just find the people to do it. Waiting for approval from everybody will cause the whole thing to stall.

Or... just go with random draw.

DarkSaint85
Carver, get in here and put your house in order

Damborgson
Nevermind, I nominate blue beetle.

leonidas
kord of course, not jaime. right...?

Damborgson
laughing out loud

Yeah, Kord I guess...

DarkSaint85
Ambrose Chase.

carver9
Has everyone decided on who they want. We are just using the character we've chosen and going from there. I will put together the lost on whom everyone has chosen and then post the rules in here. Sorry for the delay all, life has been busy.

leonidas
Ambrose Chase.

uh huh, lol not like he was the first guy i banned. though if there is a chance i end up with him... mmm

DarkSaint85
Read the rules,old man.

We go with who we choose.

Good luck, 3d man.

Smurph
OK, I've got Multiple Man. thumb up

leonidas
lol yeah this is off to a flying start..... so we're actually not banning anyone on that list?? if true i mentioned chase first so awesome. lol i actually wouldn't take him anyway. any 2nd grader could win this level with him even if he did have the requisite number of appearances to take part in a tourney. thumb up

leonidas
i'm assuming we can draft from a lower tier as we can in most all tournaments, yes? in that case i'll take rose tattoo. thumb up

Damborgson
If it's not being randomized, I'm drafting Mysterio, final answer.

Who's all participating ?

Leo
Smurph
Dark
LoB
Bentley
Me

Phil?

"Id"
Im in Famtomex

krisblaze
Just pick someone else. Phantomsex is getting banned.

Smurph
Is he?

Nobody's been banned so far.

This is a circus.

krisblaze
He probably will be :3

DarkSaint85
If Chase is out, and all showings are in play,am I allowed Batman

leonidas
can someone just take this over from carver (sorry man, you are not nearly active enough to get this thing kicked off--and involvement only wanes over time...) and state the rules? kris, you wanna be the boss? phil again, since yours worked out so well? my proposal--since none of us know/knew the rules for drafting--would be that we set a draft date and time, and pm our picks to a host in secret, (first come first serve) after we've determined the draft rules and who we can and can't draft.

or, if we want to randomize, pm our secret picks to a host who randomizes then just sends us our character. anyone else's 2 cents welcome...

carver9
I agree Leo. I don't mind passing it. You're good at things like this, you should do it?

deathslash
1. Who are the judges
2. What characters has everyone picked?
3. What are the rules for the tournament?
4. I'm open to judge, participate, or take over for Carver if you want.

leonidas
take over. then you can answer all your other questions.

deathslash
take over. then you can answer all your other questions. laughing alright then. I'm taking over for Carver. Carver, if you want to participate then please say so.

First, let's take a small vote on whether you guys want your picks to be randomized or not. While we're at it, I'd also like for you guys to list the top three characters that you want banned from being used.

DarkSaint85
Banned:
Chase
Longshot

We restrict everyone to just the list.

If we randomise,add some useless chraracters to the ban list.

leonidas
what ds said, + madrox of course. lol

personally i'd just as soon not randomize, but i'm fine if that's what everyone else wants to do. imo it just makes finding material that much harder, but honestly, whatever is fine by me.

can we draw from low meta and under or stick with the few in the list?

Damborgson
I'm cool with sticking to our chosen.

Supermutant
The Savage Land would be a cool hunger games like location for this tourney.

http://enr.expertcomics.com/images/enr-archives/uploads/2014/01/savageland.jpg

cdtm
Anyone pick Iron Fist yet?

Damborgson
Nope.

cdtm
I have a new laptop, which means I could do one of there without stumbling about on a damned phone.

Ok, I'm in. Could be more interesting then the usual trolly threads lately (I don't plan on winning, but I'll dig out all I have. smile )

Damborgson
You're going with Fist? Nice thumb up

Bentley
It could be interesting for people to pitch scenario ideas that could make matches interesting. We choose among the best and have them be voted either by the judges or publicly and if something is stupidly biased towards a unique character (stuff like Aquaman under water or stuff like that) we can make a redraft or pick a second choice for each player.

Would you guys fly if we tried something like that? I can handle receiving and sorting out the scenario proposals if you guys are up to it.

Smurph
Sounds like Madrox was never actually banned, so I'll stick with him. cool

leonidas
Originally posted by Smurph
Sounds like Madrox was never actually banned, so I'll stick with him. cool

what ds said, + madrox of course. lol

personally i'd just as soon not randomize, but i'm fine if that's what everyone else wants to do. imo it just makes finding material that much harder, but honestly, whatever is fine by me.

can we draw from low meta and under or stick with the few in the list?

sneer

leonidas
Originally posted by Bentley
It could be interesting for people to pitch scenario ideas that could make matches interesting. We choose among the best and have them be voted either by the judges or publicly and if something is stupidly biased towards a unique character (stuff like Aquaman under water or stuff like that) we can make a redraft or pick a second choice for each player.

Would you guys fly if we tried something like that? I can handle receiving and sorting out the scenario proposals if you guys are up to it.

my thought is that this would just add time to this thing but whatever.

i'm also thinking we need a list of characters chosen lol tbf, a couple of us chose characters thinking we were drafting under a different set of rules, or without knowing the rules. i'd still be partial to a blind draft at a set time to the host, so everyone has an equal chance to grab someone, even the late comers. also still wondering if we can draft lower than the tier....?

slash says he's heading it, and i'm good with that. set the rules, make the decisions and let's set a start date.

deathslash
Banned:
Chase
Longshot

We restrict everyone to just the list.

If we randomise,add some useless chraracters to the ban list. thumb up if there's anyone else that everyone would like to see banned, please mention them now.

I'm not sure if I'm ok with just restricting it to the listed characters. I'd like all participants to have more options than that.

I'll take a vote on randomization. Let's say, if five people are ok with it, we do it?

If five people are ok with the savage land, then we'll have the fight there.

Who all is participating?

Bentley
I'm ok with randomization, with Savage lands and with characters from lower tiers. Just don't bring stuff that will get insta banned.

deathslash
Alright, so I went back over the thread and compiled a list of every character that the contestants have chosen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Damborgson -->Black Canary
Leonidas ------>Triathlon
Supermutant -->Mystique
Bentley -------->Nightcrawler
"Id" ------------>Fantomex
Darksaint ------>Batman
Cdtm ---------->Iron fist

LoB nominated Klaw, Beatboks nominated Longshot, and Smurph nominated Madrox, but I'm banning those characters. Way too powerful. This means that LoB, Beatboks and Smurph get to choose another character. thumb up

Here are the rules:

Your characters come armed with what the normally use. If your character currently has a weapon, gadget, or suit that currently puts them past the low meta tier (a good example is deathstroke and his Ikon armor), you're not allowed to use that weapon gadget, or suit for pretty obvious reasons.

You are allowed to take characters from lower tiers as well as characters that aren't on this list. As long as it can be agreed that the character you choose is low meta or below, you can use them.

The battlefield will be the Savage land.

There will be no prep time.

This will be randomized and I will choose a few character to throw into the list to make getting your choice even harder.

I haven't decided on how many posts you get yet. If we go for one massive free for all, I'm probably going to make this a one post tourney. If we go with two smaller free for all battles with the winners of both fights having a final battle, then it can be a three post tourney. I'm also thinking that it could be cool to do this thunder dome style. One character starts in the battle zone and has to go through a gauntlet of everyone else's characters (getting full rest after each fight of course) and whoever wins has to continue running the gauntlet.

If you guys have a preference for how the posting style of the tournament should be, please say so.

Supermutant
My 2 cents:

The list of characters looks good except for Fantomex. His misdirection is pretty hax especially against this tier.

Since the rest are around the same level, I don't think they need to be randomized. Just go with straight picks.

I prefer a massive free for all with one post.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by deathslash
thumb up if there's anyone else that everyone would like to see banned, please mention them now.

I'm not sure if I'm ok with just restricting it to the listed characters. I'd like all participants to have more options than that.

I'll take a vote on randomization. Let's say, if five people are ok with it, we do it?

If five people are ok with the savage land, then we'll have the fight there.

Who all is participating?

In that case, i nominate Fantomex to be banned as well, having used him in a BZ before and knowing his capabilities.

deathslash
Originally posted by Supermutant
My 2 cents:

The list of characters looks good except for Fantomex. His misdirection is pretty hax especially against this tier.

Since the rest are around the same level, I don't think they need to be randomized. Just go with straight picks.

I prefer a massive free for all with one post. Originally posted by DarkSaint85
In that case, i nominate Fantomex to be banned as well, having used him in a BZ before and knowing his capabilities. alright then. Fantomex is banned. "ID", please choose another character.

Sorry guys, but I decided to go with randomization. I'd like to add that extra edge of excitement for the tournament. Also, nobody here would like to see DS argue using Batman.

Damborgson
Agreed on the banning thumb up and my final nominatio was actually mysterio

Philosophía
I'll pick something from what's left tomorrow, maybe.

deathslash
Originally posted by Damborgson
Agreed on the banning thumb up and my final nominatio was actually mysterio Damborgson -->Black Canary

sneer

Just joking. Everyone has until Monday to make their final picks.

LordofBrooklyn
LoB nominated Klaw, Beatboks nominated Longshot, and Smurph nominated Madrox, but I'm banning those characters. Way too powerful. This means that LoB get to choose another character. thumb up

WHO ARE YOU TO DENY THE MIGHTY LOB?!!!!

Damborgson
Damborgson -->Black Canary

sneer

Just joking. Everyone has until Monday to make their final picks.

It doesn't matter! Ill still law LoB low once again!!

DarkSaint85
alright then. Fantomex is banned. "ID", please choose another character.

Sorry guys, but I decided to go with randomization. I'd like to add that extra edge of excitement for the tournament. Also, nobody here would like to see DS argue using Batman.

Booo to randomisation.

Btw, I would also ban Elixir. Isn't he like really powerful now?

deathslash
Booo to randomisation.

Btw, I would also ban Elixir. Isn't he like really powerful now? it's gonna be random and you'll thank me for it.

huh what's he done recently?Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
WHO ARE YOU TO DENY THE MIGHTY LOB?!!!! the tournament organizer.
sneer

LordofBrooklyn
the tournament organizer.
sneer

WATCH YOUR TONE!!!

I choose Creeper!

leonidas
cd, you chose fist thinking you were gonna get him. same reason ds chose bats. may wanna think twice about putting forth those couple names seeing as how it's unlikely you'll get them.

if we're randomizing anyway, wouldn't it be just as good to throw the entire list in, minus the banned characters, and choose from the larger list, than the smaller one? eliminates any chance of someone getting someone they chose, and makes it more truly random. /shrug

deathslash
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
WATCH YOUR TONE!!!

I choose Creeper! way too powerful. The guy fell from orbit without a scratch on him, has pain tolerance on par with the joker, and isn't his laugh similar to Black Canary's sonic shriek. I'm sorry to keep busting your balls, but he's disqualified. Keep in mind, I'm ultimately doing you a favor with how incredibly unlikely it is for you to get him. This tournament is randomized.
cd, you chose fist thinking you were gonna get him. same reason ds chose bats. may wanna think twice about putting forth those couple names seeing as how it's unlikely you'll get them.

if we're randomizing anyway, wouldn't it be just as good to throw the entire list in, minus the banned characters, and choose from the larger list, than the smaller one? eliminates any chance of someone getting someone they chose, and makes it more truly random. /shrug good idea, and it's possible. We'll see if I go with it on Monday.

Btw guys, I reviewed the list, and Midnighter is out. I want to keep this fair and I most certainly don't need the headache of seeing a character that knows everything that everyone will do who has superhuman speed, strength, and durability. You know someone should be banned when the company has to make someone for the specific purpose of beating the unbeatable.

Smurph
Ok.

I choose Spider-Man.

Damborgson
Nice thumb up a fun pick. I hope he faces off against Mysterio.

LordofBrooklyn
way too powerful. The guy fell from orbit without a scratch on him, has pain tolerance on par with the joker, and isn't his laugh similar to Black Canary's sonic shriek. I'm sorry to keep busting your balls, but he's disqualified. Keep in mind, I'm ultimately doing you a favor with how incredibly unlikely it is for you to get him. This tournament is randomized.

YOUR TESTING MY PATIENCE!!!!

Deadpool!

Damborgson
Ban him too!!

deathslash
Ban him too!! laughing Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
YOUR TESTING MY PATIENCE!!!!

Deadpool! good choice.

DarkSaint85
Can we just ban LoB?

leonidas
lol and does he know he isn't getting pool...?

deathslash
lol and does he know he isn't getting pool...? look at one of my previous posts. I put in bold that it's highly unlikely for him to get what he picks.

leonidas
oh i know that. i'm just not too sure he knows....

LordofBrooklyn
Can we just ban LoB? Originally posted by leonidas
lol and does he know he isn't getting pool...?

I'VE ANNIHILATED YOU BOTH IN THE PAST AND WILL DO SO AGAIN!!!

DarkSaint85
I draft Penguin.

deathslash
I draft Penguin. are you being serious?

DarkSaint85
Yup.

carver9
Yes, hes doing that because it's randomized and the chances of him having penguin is slim.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

deathslash
Ok then. Better hope you don't actually get him.

deathslash
Oh yeah, carver, are you going to be participating?

Smurph
Originally posted by carver9
Yes, hes doing that because it's randomized and the chances of him having penguin is slim. Well this tourney concept only works if nobody does this, or everybody does....

So I guess I switch my nomination to Catwoman.

leonidas
lol you know, it would be ALMOST fun to have a tourney with the bottom rung of the ladder guys. digging up feats for alfred and penguin would likely be...surprising, and MAYBE a little bit fun. catwoman isn't terrible though. that said i change to jarvis. thumb up

btw, this is one half of the reason i suggested randomizing the entire tier. add the lower tiers too, so long as there isn't a large degree of difference between the characters. it's also one of the issues with randomizing. slash could always create his OWN list too. that way we could look at it and if we don't wanna take part, we don't. really only need 4 people to make this work anyway. /shrug or go with the classic draft style, though he does seem to want randomization.

"Id"

Damborgson
Don't be like dat baby

leonidas
laughing out loud

deathslash
slash could always create his OWN list too. that way we could look at it and if we don't wanna take part, we don't. really only need 4 people to make this work anyway. /shrug or go with the classic draft style, though he does seem to want randomization. *sigh* I leave the thread for a few hours and it's already come to this. Fine, I'll make a list and then just randomize from there. There will be no picking of characters, you'll just get one randomly from the following list. It's a mixture of street-low meta characters.

Archer (Valiant), Armstrong, Bane, Batman, Bebop, Black Panther, Black Tarantula, Black Widow, Captain America, Catwoman, Chewbacca, Daredevil, Darth Maul, Deadpool, Deathstroke, Doc Ock, Eternal Warrior, Gambit, Grendel, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Lady Deathstrike, Lady Shiva, Luke Cage, Mysterio, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Ninjak, Nuke, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Poison Ivy, Prometheus, Punisher, Rocksteady, Sabretooth, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Snake Eyes, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, The Shadow, Winter Soldier, Wizard, Wolverine

There's the list. I might add a few characters later, but for now, that's it. I need everyone that's participating to say so by Wednesday.

Damborgson
Interesting. I'm still in.

Bentley
I'm still game

Smurph
I'm in.

Philosophía
I'm in.

But bebop? Obi Wan Kenobi? Meh.

Tier is pretty unbalanced on many matches, but it should be interesting.

deathslash

Philosophía
the point of characters like them is to make you have to actually research their feats. Both of them definitely belong here. I know, I was the one who brought randomization to tourneys, lol.

If somebody gets Bebop, they might as well troll.

Obi-Wan from the movies I assume?

beatboks
Alright, so I went back over the thread and compiled a list of every character that the contestants have chosen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

LoB nominated Klaw, Beatboks nominated Longshot, and Smurph nominated Madrox, but I'm banning those characters. Way too powerful. This means that LoB, Beatboks and Smurph get to choose another character. thumb up

Here are the rules:

Your characters come armed with what the normally use. If your character currently has a weapon, gadget, or suit that currently puts them past the low meta tier (a good example is deathstroke and his Ikon armor), you're not allowed to use that weapon gadget, or suit for pretty obvious reasons.

You are allowed to take characters from lower tiers as well as characters that aren't on this list. As long as it can be agreed that the character you choose is low meta or below, you can use them.

This will be randomized and I will choose a few character to throw into the list to make getting your choice even harder.

I actually chose Longshot because of the randomization and the liw likelihood of me drawing him. While hes one of my Fav Marvel characyers by far hes a pretty easy beat when you know him well enough. That luck of his has a bad side. Anyhow if its back to tje drawing board Dan Garret Blue Beetle

beatboks
*sigh* I leave the thread for a few hours and it's already come to this. Fine, I'll make a list and then just randomize from there. There will be no picking of characters, you'll just get one randomly from the following list. It's a mixture of street-low meta characters.

Archer (Valiant), Armstrong, Bane, Batman, Bebop, Black Panther, Black Tarantula, Black Widow, Captain America, Catwoman, Chewbacca, Daredevil, Darth Maul, Deadpool, Deathstroke, Doc Ock, Eternal Warrior, Gambit, Grendel, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Lady Deathstrike, Lady Shiva, Luke Cage, Mysterio, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Ninjak, Nuke, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Poison Ivy, Prometheus, Punisher, Rocksteady, Sabretooth, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Snake Eyes, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, The Shadow, Winter Soldier, Wizard, Wolverine

There's the list. I might add a few characters later, but for now, that's it. I need everyone that's participating to say so by Wednesday.

Oops didnt get this far (I REALLY need to get into the habit of catching up a whole thread b4 replying)

List is fine

LordofBrooklyn
My winning the tournament is a mere formality.
That being said I'm in!

deathslash

Bentley
I don't see why would anyone draft a non-legends Star Wars characters if there is such a version though.

deathslash
Originally posted by Bentley
I don't see why would anyone draft a non-legends Star Wars characters if there is such a version though. *looks at legends Yoda's best tk feat*
*Lifts a multi-ton machine*
*Looks at can Yoda's best tk feat*
*Lifts a sentient force resistant mountain that's trying to crush him while holding a group of people in place*

Obi wan scales off of that smile

leonidas
we have till wednesday to decide you said? will let you know. that is an odd list. not sure i'll have time enough to learn someone i'm utterly unfamiliar with.

deathslash
we have till wednesday to decide you said? will let you know. that is an odd list. not sure i'll have time enough to learn someone i'm utterly unfamiliar with. yep, you have until Wednesday to decide and the tournament will start next Wednesday. Alternatively, I could give you guys more time if you need it.

beatboks
so you're still in?

Sure, why not.
Low meta is about as far from my wheelhouse as the north pole is from me down under. I know about 8 or 9 on the list well enough to debate either for or against so it should be hilarious.

I expect to get shit stomped in the first round but it will be a challeng (research and all) and everyone should get a good laugh at my expense.

Bentley
I expect to get shit stomped

As if you could prevent it biscuits

leonidas
all right, i'm in. we learn who we have wednesday? gonna need a full week to prep if i get someone i'm not familiar with.

deathslash
all right, i'm in. we learn who we have wednesday? gonna need a full week to prep if i get someone i'm not familiar with. sounds good. I was considering giving you guys two weeks.

Philosophía
I'm good with one week, or even less.

Are all the participants certain? What will be the format, 1v1s?

deathslash

Supermutant
I'm in provided I don't get a catwoman like character lol.

deathslash
Originally posted by Supermutant
I'm in provided I don't get a catwoman like character lol. cool, I'll add you to the list

Philosophía
cool, I'll add you to the list Battlefield?

Might be relevant, considering we have stealth/trackers.

deathslash

Philosophía
about three pages back we agreed on the Savage land. Nice.

deathslash
Might as well repost this.

Here are the rules:

Your characters come armed with what the normally use. If your character has a weapon, gadget, or suit that currently puts them past the low meta tier (a good example is deathstroke and his Ikon armor), you're not allowed to use that weapon gadget, or suit for pretty obvious reasons.

You are going to be randomly assigned one character from the following list.
Archer (Valiant), Armstrong, Bane, Batman, Bebop, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America, Catwoman, Daredevil, Darth Maul, Deadpool, Deathstroke, Doc Ock, Eternal Warrior, Gambit, Harley Quinn, Lady Deathstrike, Lady Shiva, Luke Cage, Mysterio, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Ninjak, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Poison Ivy, Prometheus, Punisher, Rocksteady, Sabretooth, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Snake Eyes, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, The Shadow, Winter Soldier, Wolverine

You will be given two weeks to research your character as well as your opponents. If you have any questions regarding your character, feel free to ask me any I'll try to help as best as I can.

Damborgson
When will we be randomized?

deathslash
When will we be randomized? I can do it right now if you guys want me to. Outside of that, I was thinking sometime tonight around 10:00 when I'm off of work.

Damborgson
Oh whenever you got time man. Just not sure if we were waiting for someone to confirm or something 🌝

deathslash
Oh whenever you got time man. Just not sure if we were waiting for someone to confirm or something 🌝 there are two others that expressed interest in participating (cdtm and ID). I'll just pm them to see if they're still in.

leonidas
cool. know what would be REALLY cool. PM us our guy and no one knows who the others have until game day. that way no counter research. focus on your guy and only your guy. you can BS people, lead them on...cause general paranoia. laughing out loud

THAT would be awesome....

btw--last time something like this happened teams were allowed. teams or no teams?

Philosophía
cool. know what would be REALLY cool. PM us our guy and no one knows who the others have until game day. that way no counter research. focus on your guy and only your guy. you can BS people, lead them on...cause general paranoia. laughing out loud

I'm 100% for this.

Bentley
I like that idea too, the less I have to investigate the better ermm

deathslash

btw--last time something like this happened teams were allowed. teams or no teams? that actually sounds pretty cool.

I could allow teams, but at the very least, everyone else needs to know who is teamed up. If we do go with teams, you can only have one teammate and there is no backstabbing of any kind allowed in this tournament.

Philosophía
I'm against teams, tbh.

It's better if nobody knows anything.

leonidas
yeah, no fun if people know who yur teamed with anyway. i was just checking. i'm actually opposed to the team idea too. i just didn't wanna get blindsided by it if it was legal this go around.

deathslash
Alright then, nobody needs to know who your character is and there are no teams.

leonidas
thumb up

that means you could technically randomize now and send everyone their picks... big grin

Philosophía
thumb up

that means you could technically randomize now and send everyone their picks... big grin thumb up

I'm actually pretty excited. I was itching since I organized the tourney.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>