ds sentry vs rune king thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
hmmm...

1. how it'd go in a comic
2. how it'd go in the forum

Stoic
Stalemate.

leonidas
blink

Damborgson
RKT can pull his soul out Stoic...or transmute him to an inanimate object.

Or straight vaporize him. To the last cell.

Insane Titan
Lol at the Sentry BS, RKT wrecks him.

leonidas
it's because of that asinine lucifer thread and the bs and misinformation spewing from it. really wish it would have been closed days ago to head off the idiocy going on in there.... sad

RealityWarper
Sentry rips him in half.

RKT is just skyfather-level. Too bad for him.

Damborgson
I'm legit curious, what defense would Sentry have in your opinion, to RKT pulling out his soul?

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Damborgson
I'm legit curious, what defense would Sentry have in your opinion, to RKT pulling out his soul?

He can manipulate all forms of energies, including his own soul.

Why do you think that he can be at two places at the same time ?

The real question is:

How RKT will deal against a being physically vastly superior to the Celestial 4th host ?

You know the 4th host that punked Odin while he was using his best items along with a fraction of the power of all other skyfathers...

How RKT will deal with Sentry's Molecule Manipulation ?

This considering that Molecule Man himself couldn't prevent being destroyed.

Good luck.

Have fun ! laughing out loud

Damborgson
Prove it. In panel, feats suggest he can stand up to soul tampering.

RealityWarper
Prove it. In panel, feats suggest he can stand up to soul tampering.

No no no. Not that ridiculous shift in the burden of proof.

You have to prove in the first place that RKT can directly attack Sentry's soul before I do counter that rubbish claim.

FYI:

Molecule Manipulation/Reality Warping allows that by definition.

I'm waiting for you to answer that two questions first :

How RKT will deal against a being physically vastly superior to the Celestial 4th host ?

You know the 4th host that punked Odin while he was using his best items along with a fraction of the power of all other skyfathers...

Damborgson
Originally posted by RealityWarper
No no no. Not that ridiculous shift in the burden of proof.

You have to prove in the first place that RKT can directly attack Sentry's soul before I do counter that rubbish claim.

http://i.imgur.com/OKk9oyL.png

This isn't asking to prove a negative, he has the feats.

What could Sentry do if Thor decided to attack his soul?

Or, seeing as how Death Sentry is so easily damaged from the exterior, what would prevent Thor from transmuting him when he's done so to the much tougher , surtur enchanted uru?

celeyhyga17
http://i.imgur.com/OKk9oyL.png

Or, seeing as how Death Sentry is so easily damaged from the exterior, what would prevent Thor from transmuting him when he's done so to the much tougher , surtur enchanted uru?
Speedblitz.

Combo 2 ko.

RealityWarper

RKT cannot attack the soul. You didn't read your own scan. I don't have to prove a negative. laughing out loud

Actually if you had read your own scan you would have noticed that RKT didn't attack Mangog"s soul but used two spells.

The first one turned Mangog into WIND and the second one CAUGHT Mangog in a bottle:

https://i.imgur.com/7mnk2VO.jpg

You mean when he is lowering his durability on purpose to show to Thor and Wasp that damaging his body is pointless.

Thor has already attacked Sentry with all the power at his command with zero effect.

The same way he ignored Molecule Man's molecule manipulation which is far beyond anything RKT has done.

By the way stop dodging the questions:

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Speedblitz.

Combo 2 ko.

AUTO-KO

Damborgson
laughing out loud

Alright, curiosity satisfied.

RealityWarper
laughing out loud

Alright, curiosity satisfied.

About ? Following the bandwagon about RKT supposed powers and realising that he cannot do certain stuff that you believed ? rolling on floor laughing

Damborgson
No. I was curious about your responses. Im no longer curious thumb up

How old are you Reality??

RealityWarper
No. I was curious about your responses. Im no longer curious thumb up

I'm still waiting for your answers about the two questions I already asked to you multiple times.

Do you concede ?

Does it matter, kid ? thumb up

Faceless808
RW, I am not familiar with the feat showing Sentry being physically vastly superior to the Celestial 4th host, only the feat he stopped Exitar from descending. Where can I find this feat?

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Faceless808
RW, I am not familiar with the feat showing Sentry being physically vastly superior to the Celestial 4th host, only the feat he stopped Exitar from descending. Where can I find this feat?

In your first sentence.

Faceless808
When he stopped Exitar's decent? Does that really equate to being physically vastly superior to the 4th host?

Damborgson
I'm still waiting for your answers about the two questions I already asked to you multiple times.

Do you concede ?

Does it matter, kid ? thumb up

I barely skimmed them, honestly.

I'm only asking because you sound young, like you still need to prove you have a dick in every post or something. You can just chat with people sometimes you know lol.

I'm 22, so yeah, a kid I guess.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Faceless808
When he stopped Exitar's decent? Does that really equate to being physically vastly superior to the 4th host?

Yep.

I barely skimmed them, honestly.

I'm only asking because you sound young, like you still need to prove you have a dick in every post or something. You can just chat with people sometimes you know lol.

I'm 22, so yeah, a kid I guess.

I'm just posting the way that sounds the more fun to me.

Look at the other threads and all the fanboys rants I am facing all the time...

I'm merely mixing seriousness in the informations in my post with humor.

celeyhyga17
Here you go bud. Though I did think Dambo's post was pretty clear already. All that stuff with "winds, witches, and bottles" was clearly flowery language. I mean regular Thor can already remove souls. This version can probably do it in his sleep.

https://i.imgur.com/e589A9K.jpg

Damborgson
Nice thumb up Yeah I always attributed it to flowery language. Unless Thor literally pulled out a bottle and hid it somewhere...

Or Sentry was actually a mariner at some point...

http://i.imgur.com/2Z6xE5a.jpg

RealityWarper
Here you go bud. Though I did think Dambo's post was pretty clear already. All that stuff with "winds, witches, and bottles" was clearly flowery language. I mean regular Thor can already remove souls. This version can probably do it in his sleep.

https://i.imgur.com/e589A9K.jpg

Rofl.

Thor is describing the two spells that he is using AND we see the effect on panel, moreover the handbook didn't say that Thor was actually attacking Mangog's soul but killing him, which is probably considering that Mangog can't revert from being changed to wind by himself...

Nice thumb up Yeah I always attributed it to flowery language. Unless Thor literally pulled out a bottle and hid it somewhere...

Irrelevant.

We see on panel Thor turning Mangog's head into wind.

Warrior Madness
Sentry takes it. Rune Thor is only Odin level, at best.

DarkSaint85

Pfft it's just double standards at this point. Logic doesn't apply if it goes against you.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Pfft it's just double standards at this point. Logic doesn't apply if it goes against you.

Which double standards ? He changed Mangog's upper body into wind on panel, only Mangog's tail remained...

Any news of real life John Con by the way ?

DarkSaint85
Lol you still don't understand.

YOU'RE the one whose stance leads to John Constantine being a real person.

You use writer interviews as and when it suits you. The problem is, there is a reason we don't use them.

IF we use them, then YOUR logic and arguments lead to...John being real. As I have writer interviews - multiple ones - all saying that he exists in real life. Which aren't contradicted by comics,all of which assert that John is real.

So...yeah, how IS John these days? laughing out loud

As I said to Carver a few days ago, the inability for you to bend from your stance leads you to making ridiculous statements. In his case, it leads to Batman being an abstract.

In your case, it leads to you confessing that John Constantine is real, lol.

That just highlights the futility of anyone debating with you. Because whilst you sit back, smugly,with your feelings of superior logic and debating skills, it just shows everyone that you're arguing sheer stupidity.

Such as Batman being abstract level,and a fictional character being real.

Feel free to respond, maybe throw an insult or two,maybe even some pig Latin in there in an attempt to appear clever. You make the mistake, however, of thinking I am making this post to debate you, when I simply don't want to interact with you any longer.

leonidas
the easiest thing in the world is to make claims that don't require actual proof then laugh at people and feel superior because they are too stupid to counter your non-existent argument. ultimately there is no counter to stupidity and completely faulty reasoning. except ignore. thumb up

RealityWarper
Lol you still don't understand.

YOU'RE the one whose stance leads to John Constantine being a real person.

You use writer interviews as and when it suits you. The problem is, there is a reason we don't use them.

No.

You are the one that not understand that there is context behind everything and that, when a writer claims that his fictional character exist, it is obviously a joke.

You looks completely asinine at bringing that interview all the time, especially when its context has NO CORRELATION with what other writers do with their own creations.

That's just a 5 years old excuse to avoid accepting that a writer talking about his own work is always right even that punch through your fanboyish beliefs.

Don't tell me what my logic is when you cannot understand what's happening on panel and reject the writer's words when he is confirming that you are wrong.

*sigh*

I will not even lower myself to answer to that bullshit.

Better than your arguments on a thread, actually. FAR BETTER.

Overgeneralization with no arguments at hand. Try again.

If you say so...

That's YOUR "logic" after all.

Or just mocking you for constantly relying on fallacious arguments to avoid a real debate. laughing out loud

Sure.

That's why the writers words back-up my statements when they invalid yours.

I can live with that. thumb up

Both statements are yours, actually.

Thanks for not putting in my mouth something I've never said but.. Your standards at debating are well known, now.

Nooo.

I will not lower myself to that.

Exposing the bullshit of your debating is enough.

Currently, all your posts revolves at using personal attacks and out-of-context scans/interviews/whatever you can twist to fit your narrative.

I don't need to appear "clever". You are doing a great job at making every of your posts WORSE than the previous one.

That's a prowess in itself. thumb up

I don't care what you want to do, or think, or whatever bullshit you post.

Your opinion is completely worthless and insignificant.

Have a good day.

celeyhyga17
Rofl.

Thor is describing the two spells that he is using AND we see the effect on panel, moreover the handbook didn't say that Thor was actually attacking Mangog's soul but killing him, which is probably considering that Mangog can't revert from being changed to wind by himself...

Irrelevant.

We see on panel Thor turning Mangog's head into wind.
Looks like he kills Mangog by literally pulling his spirit from his body.

Agree to disagree.

Stoic
Is there any proof that DS Sentry has a soul? if so, why was it ever stated that Bob had the power of creating solidified concept beings? He was obviously in his pocket universe when the Void was being attacked by the Avengers. It was right there on panel. Bob was not physically present, and yet he is the Void, and Sentry.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64880/4683326-9604173408-31583.jpg

Emma then went to save the day by speaking to Bob when he was in his pocket universe.

If that was the Void what is this thing in the next scan? Why do they look so different? It shows that the Void, and even the Sentry are concepts of Bob;s imagination. Uf they are concepts how do they have souls? A car is a concept, but it doesn't have a soul right?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/spiderman/images/a/a7/ Norman_Osborn%27s_uses_the_Void_to_threaten_the_Da
rk_Illuminati.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121225115745
This is what he looks like presently

http://media.comicbook.com/2018/01/the-void-doctor-strange-1075506.jpeg

DarkSaint85
Erm,a car isn't a concept.

A concept is an abstract idea.

Damborgson
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111209450/4345604-dcahiea.jpg

Talks about his soul right here.

RealityWarper
Looks like he kills Mangog by literally pulling his spirit from his body.

Agree to disagree.

He changed his upper body into wind. Look at the scene again, if that was a simple soul manipulation what's the point in destroying Mangog's body ?
What's the point talking about a spell that turns his enemy into wind ?

Fine.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Stoic
Is there any proof that DS Sentry has a soul? if so, why was it ever stated that Bob had the power of creating solidified concept beings? He was obviously in his pocket universe when the Void was being attacked by the Avengers. It was right there on panel. Bob was not physically present, and yet he is the Void, and Sentry.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64880/4683326-9604173408-31583.jpg

Emma then went to save the day by speaking to Bob when he was in his pocket universe.

If that was the Void what is this thing in the next scan? Why do they look so different? It shows that the Void, and even the Sentry are concepts of Bob;s imagination. Uf they are concepts how do they have souls? A car is a concept, but it doesn't have a soul right?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/spiderman/images/a/a7/ Norman_Osborn%27s_uses_the_Void_to_threaten_the_Da
rk_Illuminati.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121225115745
This is what he looks like presently

http://media.comicbook.com/2018/01/the-void-doctor-strange-1075506.jpeg

Every characters have a soul.

Read the first mini-series again and you will see that Void is supposed to literally touch the souls of his enemies and feed on them IIRC (I'm not 100% accurate about it but the idea is there).

We see Sentry creating a Golden sphere with his essence inside it (a part of his golden "aura", his soul) that he gives to the Hulk to protect him against the Void.

It is also implied that, when Sentry touch the Hulk with a ray coming from his aura (which is extremely similar to the Void touching other characters with his tendrils), Sentry literally "clean" the soul of the Hulk, making him feel better, calmer.

It's normal because powers based on Molecule Manipulation/Reality Warping actually allows their wielders to directly manipulate the essence/life force/soul.
(Look at Owen Reece second fight against the Beyonder).

That's my 2 cents about it. Voilaaaaa.

Stoic
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111209450/4345604-dcahiea.jpg

Talks about his soul right here.

Correction. It says that it is the soul that drives him, or would it be more correct to say that it drives it?

The Void, and all versions of the Sentry are product of Bob's mind. Could it be that it is Bob's soul that drives them? Why couldn't it be? I mean if they are solidified projections of his mind?

You will always notice that when Bob was mentally unstable, the Sentry was weaker, but when Bob was feeling great the Sentry could ignore Terrax's attack as if he were being hit by the warm water of a shower. That's just one example. I'm pretty sure that One Angry Scot can produce massive amounts of proof on this.

Which brings us back to a soul that the Sentry may not actually have, and that he may be referring to Bob being the soul that drives him.

ShadowFyre
Where do you get he is vastly physically Superior to the 4th host? Because he, with the help of every hero on Earth stopped a dying exitars decent?

Stoic
Every characters have a soul.

Read the first mini-series again and you will see that Void is supposed to literally touch the souls of his enemies and feed on them IIRC (I'm not 100% accurate about it but the idea is there).

We see Sentry creating a Golden sphere with his essence inside it (a part of his golden "aura", his soul) that he gives to the Hulk to protect him against the Void.

It is also implied that, when Sentry touch the Hulk with a ray coming from his aura (which is extremely similar to the Void touching other characters with his tendrils), Sentry literally "clean" the soul of the Hulk, making him feel better, calmer.

It's normal because powers based on Molecule Manipulation/Reality Warping actually allows their wielders to directly manipulate the essence/life force/soul.
(Look at Owen Reece second fight against the Beyonder).

That's my 2 cents about it. Voilaaaaa.

If he has a soul. RK Thor will be able to pull it out. I'm still not certain that they actually have souls, as they are solid projections of Bob's mind. Perhaps what we saw in the scenes that you are mentioning were just energy and not the power of his soul. Do Larfleeze's constructs have souls? I mean you could be right, and like it was mentioned, if he does, then he'd lose. It doesn't make any sense to me though, because if Thor pulled his soul out, he would never come back from it. I believe that he would, because it's Bob that brings him or the Void back. We all thought that the Void was dead after he was thrown into the sun. Nope. because he wasn't truly alive to begin with.

RealityWarper
If he has a soul. RK Thor will be able to pull it out. I'm still not certain that they actually have souls, as they are solid projections of Bob's mind. Perhaps what we saw in the scenes that you are mentioning were just energy and not the power of his soul. Do Larfleeze's constructs have souls? I mean you could be right, and like it was mentioned, if he does, then he'd lose. It doesn't make any sense to me though, because if Thor pulled his soul out, he would never come back from it. I believe that he would, because it's Bob that brings him or the Void back. We all thought that the Void was dead after he was thrown into the sun. Nope. because he wasn't truly alive to begin with.

Either ways, the only moment Thor pulled out a soul was with Mjolnir's power.

I don't see how he can do better than Molecule Man whom manipulated casually Beyonder's soul twice.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Where do you get he is vastly physically Superior to the 4th host? Because he, with the help of every hero on Earth stopped a dying exitars decent?

Rogue was totally useless.

I think that the point was to show that the combined power of all heroes on Earth was nothing compared to Exitar and that Sentry is in his cosmic class physically.

Sentry was the one whom stopped his descent, Rogue was just a poster girl.

And Exitar is far more powerful than the 4th host.

Damborgson
Correction. It says that it is the soul that drives him, or would it be more correct to say that it drives it?

The Void, and all versions of the Sentry are product of Bob's mind. Could it be that it is Bob's soul that drives them? Why couldn't it be? I mean if they are solidified projections of his mind?

You will always notice that when Bob was mentally unstable, the Sentry was weaker, but when Bob was feeling great the Sentry could ignore Terrax's attack as if he were being hit by the warm water of a shower. That's just one example. I'm pretty sure that One Angry Scot can produce massive amounts of proof on this.

Which brings us back to a soul that the Sentry may not actually have, and that he may be referring to Bob being the soul that drives him.

What do you mean "correction"? laughing out loud

You asked for some on panel evidence of a soul right? He's talking about a soul. Until he says "my soul is Bob...who doesn't have a soul..." , I shouldn't need to explain why your post is ridiculously far fetched no?

leonidas
the burden of proof would be on you to show he is an EXCEPTION to the rule stoic. sounds like i'm asking you to prove a negative by saying prove he does NOT have a soul, but the default assumption is is DOES, so why would anyone question it? what would make him special? he was born human, so why wouldn't be have a soul like, essentially, every other living character in marvel? if you say he doesn't have one, you'd need to show that. otherwise it is nothing more than unsupported speculation and that is something this character absolutely does NOT need. his supporters are already doing more than enough harm to him.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by leonidas
the burden of proof would be on you to show he is an EXCEPTION to the rule stoic. sounds like i'm asking you to prove a negative by saying prove he does NOT have a soul, but the default assumption is is DOES, so why would anyone question it? what would make him special? he was born human, so why wouldn't be have a soul like, essentially, every other living character in marvel? if you say he doesn't have one, you'd need to show that. otherwise it is nothing more than unsupported speculation and that is something this character absolutely does NOT need. his supporters are already doing more than enough harm to him.

Why would he prove anything about a soul when Thor doesn't have the power to manipulate it ?

Pointless debate.

On the other hand:

How does Thor counter Sentry's Molecule Manipulation ?

How does he deal against Sentry's Physical Power ?

How does he deal with Sentry's Telepathy ?

Answer that, already.

Stoic
What do you mean "correction"? laughing out loud

You asked for some on panel evidence of a soul right? He's talking about a soul. Until he says "my soul is Bob...who doesn't have a soul..." , I shouldn't need to explain why your post is ridiculously far fetched no?

But he did not say his soul. He said that it was the soul that drives him. I could say that it is a sexual body part of a woman that drives me, but that does not mean that I possess or own that body part. The Sentry, and the Void are products of Bob's mind. it seems as if it's already proven. This is to both you and Leo.

leonidas
that is some....hardcore reaching my friend....no way i'll be buying that.

Damborgson
Stoic, listen to yourself. You cannot see how far of a reach that is?

That example would work if Sentey didn't go to the trouble to prove that damaging his body is not an issue.

He tore off his own head to show that it was a vessel, his power is from his soul. So I'm supposed believe he was talking about, some other soul? He was clearly referencing that the body being attacked was not an issue.

Furthermore, being an idea of Bob, doesn't take away from him having a soul. Even if the soul is "Bob" , its in there. Or where would it go?

Stoic
Why would he prove anything about a soul when Thor doesn't have the power to manipulate it ?

Pointless debate.

On the other hand:

How does Thor counter Sentry's Molecule Manipulation ?

How does he deal against Sentry's Physical Power ?

How does he deal with Sentry's Telepathy ?

Answer that, already.

Well in the case that Thor did have the capability to do so, which I am willing to believe. I'd also like to point out that I'm not heavily invested in either character, I am just reiterating what I read on panel concerning these jokers.

I have yet to be convinced, that the Sentry, or the Void that are solid products of Bob's mind actually have souls. If he did, and he died, how then did he come back? How because Bob brought them back by believing that they were there. This does not mean that they have souls. Once again, the Sentry another concept of Bob's mind tossed the Void into the sun, and believed that he died. The reason that he didn't die was because he wasn't truly alive to begin with. Larfleeze's constructs are very similar to the Sentry, and the Void. But I wouldn't say that they had souls.

Either way I will have my belief, and others will have there's. Mine makes more sense to me on a purely theological level, whereas the contrary goes against everything that I've read concerning the subject. Having a soul, means that you can die. Sentry can not die. Do I need to prove that as well?

leonidas
this discussion....

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPePCftAupNSTmg/giphy.gif

Stoic
Stoic, listen to yourself. You cannot see how far of a reach that is?

That example would work if Sentey didn't go to the trouble to prove that damaging his body is not an issue.

He tore off his own head to show that it was a vessel, his power is from his soul. So I'm supposed believe he was talking about, some other soul? He was clearly referencing that the body being attacked was not an issue.

Furthermore, being an idea of Bob, doesn't take away from him having a soul. Even if the soul is "Bob" , its in there. Or where would it go?

Sentry is a product of Bob's mind. Am I correct? It has been stated in the very books that he is in correct? If he is a product of Bob's mind, and whenever he is destroyed he comes back, how can he have a flipping soul? Think about it, before making this seem far fetched. Your idea actually makes no sense to me. The Void, and The Sentry are constructs of Bob's mind. Whenever Bob is feeling low emotionally the Void or the negative side of him grew more powerful, and when he was feeling great, the Sentry shined and was stronger than ever. But it all came from Bob.

Stoic
this discussion....

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPePCftAupNSTmg/giphy.gif

Yeah its a phucked up discussion because many people aren't able to grasp exactly what the Sentry is or the Void at that matter, never mind their relationship to Bob, who is the actual focal point or driving force behind both concepts.

DarkSaint85
Sentry is a product of Bob's mind. Am I correct? It has been stated in the very books that he is in correct? If he is a product of Bob's mind, and whenever he is destroyed he comes back, how can he have a flipping soul? Think about it, before making this seem far fetched. Your idea actually makes no sense to me. The Void, and The Sentry are constructs of Bob's mind. Whenever Bob is feeling low emotionally the Void or the negative side of him grew more powerful, and when he was feeling great, the Sentry shined and was stronger than ever. But it all came from Bob.

Being a product of Bob's mind doesn't mean he has no soul.

Like multiple personality disorder. If I create a second persona, called Darver9, who has her own personality and abilities (maybe Darver is an expert pianist, whatever) that doesn't mean Darver9 has no soul.

Then I create a third construct. Deonidas. This third construct comes out whenever I am feeling particularly Canadian.

When I am feeling particularly....laughing , Darver9 appears.

But the base DS85 soul is still there.

leonidas
Yeah its a phucked up discussion because many people aren't able to grasp exactly what the Sentry is or the Void at that matter, never mind their relationship to Bob, who is the actual focal point or driving force behind both concepts.

ok, so when sentry is fighting someone, where exactly is bob? are you saying they are completely separate--ie bob AND sentry could be in the same room together if they chose to be?

Stoic
Being a product of Bob's mind doesn't mean he has no soul.

Like multiple personality disorder. If I create a second persona, called Darver9, who has her own personality and abilities (maybe Darver is an expert pianist, whatever) that doesn't mean Darver9 has no soul.

Then I create a third construct. Deonidas. This third construct comes out whenever I am feeling particularly Canadian.

When I am feeling particularly....laughing , Darver9 appears.

But the base DS85 soul is still there.

Not if Darver9 can die, and be reconstructed as if it never went through a thing. A soul means that you can die. The minute that Bob ceases to exist (if that's even possible) the Void and the Sentry will also cease to exist. They are nothing without him.

ok, so when sentry is fighting someone, where exactly is bob? are you saying they are completely separate--ie bob AND sentry could be in the same room together if they chose to be?

Bob retreats or goes to a pocket dimension of his own design. We saw this when Emma spoke to him about his mental state when the Void was out of his control, and the Avengers were barely able to slow the construct down. I was going to write a bunch more but that is the answer to your question. Bob is the Sentry and the Void, but not physically. it's like us imagining that we were as powerful as Thor, and while day dreaming we slip away into some mythical world of our own making while our imagined self does the impossible things that we fantasize about doing.

The Sentry/Void/Bob mythology is actually extremely interesting because it challenges us to come to grips with what this concept is on an extremely psychological level. Which is another reason why the Banner/Hulk thing always interested me.

Damborgson
That is bl not a pocket dimension, its a room in his mind created by Emma. She used it again when the Dark Avengers attacked Utopia.

leonidas
bl?

Damborgson
I don't know what that was supposed to say laughing out loud

leonidas
noob. sneer

RealityWarper
n0 l33t l0l

xJLxKing
We might as well start claiming that Persuader can cut the relationship between BOB and whatever concept he is projecting

If Persuader can cut gravity (which is defined as a relationship between 2 masses), he can do the same to BOB

Stoic
That is bl not a pocket dimension, its a room in his mind created by Emma. She used it again when the Dark Avengers attacked Utopia.

So can you explain DS Sentry's comment about the White Hot room that he makes mention of?

What do you make of this? "Eventually, the Avengers learn that Mastermind, under the direction of an enemy of the Sentry known only as the General, implanted a psychic "virus" in Reynolds' mind that created delusions and the existence of the Void, which is actually Reynolds' repressed persona".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now check this out. The Void, which is actually Reynolds' repressed persona. The Void is in fact a solidified personality in Bob's mind. Right? Yes or No? How can a personality have a soul? I'm really trying to see your side, but when i read stuff like that it becomes increasingly difficult to make sense of it. An how it would actually even be considered a real life to being, or even an entity?

Check this out okay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The virus impairs Reynolds' ability to remember his life accurately, and, as a cry for help, he subconsciously implants his memories into the mind of comic book writer Paul Jenkins, who then transferred those memories to comic books.

The Avengers track him down and show him that his wife, who he confessed to murdering, is alive and well. The Sentry flees, and he finds himself waking up in the small suburban house he shares with Lindy. His appearance has changed in an instant, and he appears to be living the life of an ordinary man. But the Avengers have tracked him down again, and, with the support of The Fantastic Four, the X-Men, the Inhumans, Namor, Doctor Strange, and S.H.I.E.L.D., they confront and attempt to reason with him.

But Robert tearfully insists that the Void is coming, who will destroy them all, and that he can't help it. The Void arrives, a separate entity from Robert, and it takes on several different monstrous forms as it attacks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay The Void is a repressed personality within Bob's mind, right? Okay Then the Void arrives as a separate entity from Bob, and takes on different forms as it attacks. So Bob is subconsciously changing the way the Void looks. Isn't this proof enough that the Void isn't a real living being? Why would anyone think that it is, if it's actually a repressed personality that exists in Bob mind, and only Bob's mind?

Do you still believe that it actually has a soul? I'm not seeing it bro.

Stoic
Originally posted by xJLxKing
We might as well start claiming that Persuader can cut the relationship between BOB and whatever concept he is projecting

If Persuader can cut gravity (which is defined as a relationship between 2 masses), he can do the same to BOB

I think that you're being caught up in the wrong thread bud. Persuader may not be able to do that if you read what I wrote above. Especially if the Void does not actually really exist. Therefore in a sense Bob actually has the ability to subconsciously bend reality with his unstable imagination at least up until that point in time. Bob was able to use his powers more precisely by the time DS Sentry hit the scene in comparison to his earlier too freaked out to go outside days.

xJLxKing
I think that you're being caught up in the wrong thread bud. Persuader may not be able to do that if you read what I wrote above. Especially if the Void does not actually really exist. Therefore in a sense Bob actually has the ability to subconsciously bend reality with his unstable imagination at least up until that point in time. Bob was able to use his powers more precisely by the time DS Sentry hit the scene in comparison to his earlier too freaked out to go outside days.
No i'm not.

I know there are 2 of these post.

I'm saying, that there is a huge "stretching" of some terms here

One topic is saying he has a soul and this topic is saying DS more of a concept.

RealityWarper
*sigh*

1) RKT cannot attack the souls.

2) Sentry obliterates him with Molecular Manipulation.

/thread

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rune King Thor wields the Odin Force and Runes, both of which are incredibly powerful magic. The Odin Force can and has affected souls on various occasions. Or the spirit, essence or whatever have you. It's actually been done so many times by Odin to Thor, whose godly essence is unusually powerful even by godly standards (Hence the God Blast), that it caused the Blood and Thunder arc.

Taking the Void/Sentry at their most powerful interpretation, including hype and everything, then I would say that power levels are similar? Except Thor is in full control of his power, has the all-sight and cosmic awareness. That would give him the win here even if they were completely equal in power.

Loki at the end of Ragnarok, was stronger than ever, was tapping into the power of Asgard (Aka the World Tree, and that alone has allowed Odin to go from powerless to fighting Seth in a Cosmic battle), a Mjolnir copy, and drained Mangog of all his excess power. He was so powerful he resurrected Surtur. Classic Loki with that much power was imo not far off from Void level. That's more power stacked than anything this side of an Infinity Gem. Definitely beyond typical Skyfather and Thor easily swept him aside.

*sigh*

1) RKT cannot attack the souls.

2) Sentry obliterates him with Molecular Manipulation.

/thread

The Odin Force at it's most powerful is a reality warping force and can easily affect things on the molecular level. Odin has casually restored everything from a human body to a Galaxy.

Stoic
Originally posted by xJLxKing
No i'm not.

I know there are 2 of these post.

I'm saying, that there is a huge "stretching" of some terms here

One topic is saying he has a soul and this topic is saying DS more of a concept.

What do you honestly believe yourself? Consider what I wrote above concerning the Void. Sentry and the Void are opposites of the very same coin. If the Void is from Bob's mind, what is the Sentry if he is the same thing that the Void is, but just with a different disposition?

How can a repressed personality have a soul? Even if that personality has become a solidified concept type of a being? It would still be a repressed personality. Right? Not even Adam Warlock is as strange as the Sentry is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.