Mon-El vs Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Since Daxamites are more powerful then Kryptonians, how does Cap do here?

Damborgson
Danvers or the original?

DarkSaint85
I thought they were meant to be equal to Kryps?

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I thought they were meant to be equal to Kryps?
Me too.

As to the thread, Mon-El annihilates Captain Marvel (Marvel) and beats the crap out of Captain Marvel (DC) after a moderately difficult fight.

xJLxKing
CA

riv6672
^^^CA?

panthergod
Cap wins statsa equal to base line Superman plus magic.

Damborgson
Ah, you meant shazam cap marvel....

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm

DC no longer owns the name.

Your thread is illegal.

Martian_mind
Mon'el FTW.

panthergod

Oh, and Daxamites aren't more powerful than Kryptonians.

Early Post Crisis Superman was subconsciously suppressing his powerlevels due to his humanized self image and fear of losing control and going insane with power.

Hence why in Invasions Daxamite ambassadors were superior to him, as was Post Crisis Lar Gand.

By OWAW era Daxamites were inferior to post Mongul training Superman's increased base level due to unlocking more of his suppressed potential.

beatboks
Originally posted by panthergod
Oh, and Daxamites aren't more powerful than Kryptonians.

Early Post Crisis Superman was subconsciously suppressing his powerlevels due to his humanized self image and fear of losing control and going insane with power.

Hence why in Invasions Daxamite ambassadors were superior to him, as was Post Crisis Lar Gand.

By OWAW era Daxamites were inferior to post Mongul training Superman's increased base level due to unlocking more of his suppressed potential.

Doesnt really explain why when eclipso possessed Mon-el AFTER he had possessed Superman he referred to Mon-el as more powerful

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKVaHMm6uLbmcIZo9s07IC1BdUfTj-YmMuerHBRoAVEXWTLGjYNK6rw083ew

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images? q=tbn:ANd9GcR_d5i5_2genAl5KkHmFJ3g8aBQliS967SqINBb
9enGWwsPBWYv_yjLyxju

abhilegend
And Superman defeated the same Mon-El while suffocating.

Adam Grimes
Because Superman fights better duh.

Daxamites being slightly more powerful has been a thing for a looong time. Although very inconsistent.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^CA?
CM*

panthergod
Originally posted by beatboks
Doesnt really explain why when eclipso possessed Mon-el AFTER he had possessed Superman he referred to Mon-el as more powerful

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKVaHMm6uLbmcIZo9s07IC1BdUfTj-YmMuerHBRoAVEXWTLGjYNK6rw083ew

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images? q=tbn:ANd9GcR_d5i5_2genAl5KkHmFJ3g8aBQliS967SqINBb
9enGWwsPBWYv_yjLyxju

And...?

Superman was subconsciously suppressing his power-level, like I said.

panthergod
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Because Superman fights better duh.

Daxamites being slightly more powerful has been a thing for a looong time. Although very inconsistent.

It was a thing from about 1990-2002.

cdtm
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Mon'el FTW.

Valor?

He WAS the inspiration for the Five Years Later LOSH, for some odd reason. Could as easily have shifted from Superboy to Superman, but nope. Valor.

Kind of liked that era.

beatboks
And...?

Superman was subconsciously suppressing his power-level, like I said.

Except Eclupso had the experience of being in control of both bodies. Was Eclipso subconsciously suppressing the powers of a body he possessed? That doesnt make sense.

cdtm
Except Eclupso had the experience of being in control of both bodies. Was Eclipso subconsciously suppressing the powers of a body he possessed? That doesnt make sense.

Bingo.

Of course, Starbreaker also claimed Martian Manhunter was more powerful then Superman. A lot of characters were "said" to be.

Rarely got to show him up in practice.

beatboks
Originally posted by abhilegend
And Superman defeated the same Mon-El while suffocating.

Batman beat people vastly more powerful than him all the time.

Superman beats the likes Darkseid who is more powerful than him.

A win in a fight doesn't equal greater power, Superman has more experience and is better trained than mine Mon-el. I never said Supes wouldnt win in a fight.

panthergod

Supermans mind didnt dissapear, and full access to his powers require a "clear, active mind".

We didn't see the Post Crisis Superman begin to access his full potential until the end of DoS.

JBL
Except Eclupso had the experience of being in control of both bodies. Was Eclipso subconsciously suppressing the powers of a body he possessed? That doesnt make sense. Yeah, Eclupso ended that myth. Captain Marvel ended it to when he fused with superman, CM felt nothing else, but superman felt marvels power.

panthergod
Originally posted by JBL
Yeah, Eclupso ended that myth. Captain Marvel ended it to when he fused with superman, CM felt nothing else, but superman felt marvels power.

Because it was Superman body.

Superman doesn't feel the power his mind is suppressing. So neither would Eclipso.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Supermans mind didnt dissapear, and full access to his powers require a "clear, active mind".

We didn't see the Post Crisis Superman begin to access his full potential until the end of DoS. Originally posted by panthergod
Because it was Superman body.

Superman doesn't feel the power his mind is suppressing. So neither would Eclipso.

Lol.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

I don't get the laughter.

Would Eclipso feel WHORINSON'S full potential if he possessed his body outside of Warrior Madness?

abhilegend
Batman beat people vastly more powerful than him all the time.

Superman beats the likes Darkseid who is more powerful than him.

A win in a fight doesn't equal greater power, Superman has more experience and is better trained than mine Mon-el. I never said Supes wouldnt win in a fight.
Wut? Superman straight up ruined Mon-El while being at a disadvantage (unable to breathe) to the point he needed medical attention.

It wasn't about training or experience, it was about who was stronger. The same happened to Cir Gand who was also stated to be more powerful than Superman. When Superman stopped messing around, he ruined his day straight up.

JBL
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol. LMAO!!! PR.. can you ban me for 1 day? You know I cannot resist getting panther for owning and contradicting himself in the same thread?

beatboks
Originally posted by abhilegend
Wut? Superman straight up ruined Mon-El while being at a disadvantage (unable to breathe) to the point he needed medical attention.

It wasn't about training or experience, it was about who was stronger. The same happened to Cir Gand who was also stated to be more powerful than Superman. When Superman stopped messing around, he ruined his day straight up.

Sigh

Do we have to go thru this circular debate EVERY TIME this comes up??
You and I have debated this before both here and on ICT. Superman beat Mon-El in tje same story Eclipso possessed him. Beatimg Mon-El when his body is under the control of another who is even less experiemced with its power than him (which is really saying something), while Mon-El is struggling for control does not equal over powering. If I were body swapped into the strongest fastest guy alive I wont be able to use that as well as he could.

abhilegend
Sigh

Do we have to go thru this circular debate EVERY TIME this comes up??
You and I have debated this before both here and on ICT. Superman beat Mon-El in tje same story Eclipso possessed him. Beatimg Mon-El when his body is under the control of another who is even less experiemced with its power than him (which is really saying something), while Mon-El is struggling for control does not equal over powering. If I were body swapped into the strongest fastest guy alive I wont be able to use that as well as he could.
Mon-El wasn't struggling for control. Eclipsed version of the characters were completely under Eclipso's control. Eclipsed Superman thrashed Captain Marvel, Lobo, Guy Gardner in succession.

There is nothing to indicate Eclipsed Mon-El was less effective when Eclipsed characters were shown more effective than regular characters (Eclipsed Lobo defeated entire LEGION), eclipsed Wonder Woman tanked a bullet designed to kill daxamites etc.

carver9
Lol @ Panther. Superman himself admitted Daximites are more powerful. Also, Monel was possessed when Superman beat him which makes the showing invalid.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Lol @ Panther. Superman himself admitted Daximites are more powerful. Also, Monel was possessed when Superman beat him which makes the showing invalid.

Uh-huh.

If we're assuming Eclipsed characters are weaker for some reason (Against the fact Lois was kicking Supermans rear), that makes Captain Marvel look pretty bad.

panthergod

...Superman had no idea the degree to which he was suppressing his power at that point .

Delta1938
So if statements are what matter, are we also saying older statements hold more weight than newer? 'Cuz by the 2000's we were seeing Daxamites referred to as "Junior Superman" and "Superman-lite."

panthergod
Originally posted by Delta1938
So if statements are what matter, are we also saying older statements hold more weight than newer? 'Cuz by the 2000's we were seeing Daxamites referred to as "Junior Superman" and "Superman-lite."

Superman got more relatively powerful from the early post Crisis era from the Kryptonie X upgrade, to post Electric to Mongul training.

Delta1938
Superman got more relatively powerful from the early post Crisis era from the Kryptonie X upgrade, to post Electric to Mongul training.

I know that. But most people either don't understand it(since they haven't read the comics) or intentionally ignore it because it ****s their arguments.

But people are going by the 90's statement, so I thought I'd point out if they're making their arguments based solely on that, then Daxamites were being called Superman-lite by the 2000's.

quanchi112
Lol @ Panther. Superman himself admitted Daximites are more powerful. Also, Monel was possessed when Superman beat him which makes the showing invalid. thumb up

panthergod
Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

Still cheerleading goodball arguments you know full well are irrelevant, eh?

ok.

Philosophía
Since Daxamites are more powerful then Kryptonians You're still stuck in the 90s, cdtm.

Also, Cap loses.

The_Dog_of_War
Could go either way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.