Suicide Squad vs. Defenders+

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Suicide Squad members:
1. Deadshot
2. Harley Quinn
3. Rick Flag
4. Captain Boomerang
5. Katana
6. Killer Croc
7. El Diablo

Defenders+ members:
1. Daredevil
2. Jessica Jones
3. Luke Cage
4. Ironfist
5. Punisher
6. Colleen Wing
7. Elektra (pre BlackSky)

Fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse still filled with crates and equipment. Teams have 15 mins. of prep though they don't know anything about their opponents. Full standard gear for all, all combatants willing to kill. Which team of misfits win?

KingD19
Cage can solo everyone but Diablo. And he's stronger/more durable than him so he gets jumped.

Adam Grimes
Daredevil can beat 1-5 alone as well, though not ALL at the same time I guess. Luke can solo. Adding up the rest is just spite.

The defenders stomp.

FrothByte
I figured the SS team had range advantage since they have more firepower with Flag, Deadshot and Diablo whereas the Defenders had the CQC advantage

Adam Grimes
Well, Flag and Deadshot are non-issues to bullet dodgers like DD or flat out invulnerable like Luke, who can beat them down easily.

Diablo is a real problem though.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Well, Flag and Deadshot are non-issues to bullet dodgers like DD or flat out invulnerable like Luke, who can beat them down easily.

Diablo is a real problem though.

I don't know, DD isn't a bullet-timer and still gets hit from time to time especially when up against skilled shooters (like Frank). And majority of the Defenders team are vulnerable to getting sniped by DS. But yes, Diablo is the real threat, especially since he can go demon mode as well as just spamming fire.

But if the Defenders team gets to close the distance then they wreck the SS.

tkitna
Diablo solo's in my opinion.

Zack M
Diablo owes Luke money. Luke solos.

KingD19
Diablo hasnt shown the strength or firepower to stop Luke.

TheVaultDweller
We need to confirm that Diablo's flames have special mystical characteristics (like MCU Ghost Rider, for example), before we can realistically argue that he could hurt Cage. Because normal heat and fire doesn't bother Luke much. He's been engulfed in fiery explosions, submerged in superheated acid etc. and none of it could do anything to him on its own (they had to add extra chemicals to the acid, on top of everything else, and even then, it only temporarily softened his skin).

BruceSkywalker
Defenders win this...

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
We need to confirm that Diablo's flames have special mystical characteristics (like MCU Ghost Rider, for example), before we can realistically argue that he could hurt Cage. Because normal heat and fire doesn't bother Luke much. He's been engulfed in fiery explosions, submerged in superheated acid etc. and none of it could do anything to him on its own (they had to add extra chemicals to the acid, on top of everything else, and even then, it only temporarily softened his skin).

I was thinking more that Diablo can go full demon mode and can maybe overpower/outpunch Cage

TheVaultDweller
How long did he maintain that form for before reverting back to human though? Maybe a minute? And that's assuming he doesn't get shot by Frank before he can demon-up, considering he doesn't wear body armour.

KingD19
Also Cage has far better strength feats than Demon Diablo.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't know, DD isn't a bullet-timer and still gets hit from time to time especially when up against skilled shooters (like Frank). And majority of the Defenders team are vulnerable to getting sniped by DS. But yes, Diablo is the real threat, especially since he can go demon mode as well as just spamming fire.

But if the Defenders team gets to close the distance then they wreck the SS. Agreed. thumb up

I re-watched Diablo's scenes and Cage can handle that ass. Defenders win solidly.

carthage
Defenders

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Zack M
Diablo owes Luke money. Luke solos.

I remember an early issue of Luke Cage, where Dr Doom owed him money, and he went all the way to Latveria to collect. laughing

That dialogue, though:

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2010/08/powermandoom02-hfh9.jpg

John Murdoch
^Debt collecting Luke backhands 1100/10.

steverules_2
Defenders, screw the SS, whats a baseball bat gonna do against a Luke Cage back hand to the face?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by steverules_2
Defenders, screw the SS, whats a baseball bat gonna do against a Luke Cage back hand to the face?

0:53 stick out tongue

VgPxeuMNbyg

tkitna
Maybe I missed it, but when has Luke Cage been shown to be resistant to fire and heat?

TheVaultDweller
In Jessica Jones, when his bar blew up in a big fireball, with him inside.

In Luke Cage, when he took a hit from a rocket launcher which, again, caused a big fireball.

In The Defenders, when Bakuto and Murakami ignite the one gas pipe in order to escape during the one team battle, and Luke walks through the burning gas, puts his hand over the slash in the metal gas pipe, smothering the flame before crushing it closed.

KingD19
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
In Jessica Jones, when his bar blew up in a big fireball, with him inside.

In Luke Cage, when he took a hit from a rocket launcher which, again, caused a big fireball.

In The Defenders, when Bakuto and Murakami ignite the one gas pipe in order to escape during the one team battle, and Luke walks through the burning gas, puts his hand over the slash in the metal gas pipe, smothering the flame before crushing it closed.

WHile pretty small compared to those, he didn't get any muzzle burns from having a shotgun barrel pressing against his chin when it went off.

TheVaultDweller
Then there is also the acid bath I mentioned earlier, which was heated to several hundred degrees as well IIRC. Every time I can recall Luke encountering heat/fire, he's been fine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.