The Ultimate Darth Maul Essay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/star-wars-universe-1943200/the-power-of-darth-maul-1924925/

Gonna go collapse now. Enjoy.

quanchi112
How long did it take to put this together ?

ILS
Months to get the material, a day to write it all up.

quanchi112
Labor of love. I'm fairly certain you're relieved it's over and now can enjoy its completion. I never did understand why more fans didn't gravitate towards Maul. He's quite unique and never relented in his hatred. Great character trait.

AncientPower
Quite impressive, one of your better posts. Though ngl I think you could do with a better correlation between Venamis/Maul. You could argue Venamis fits better in the Bane era because he's a pure warrior, not unlike Bane himself. Whereas the modern era was for manipulators. Yet Kas'im was arguably just as good as Venamis. I'm not sure you can credit Maul with Bane's power because of that. Just my opinion, but again great thread.

ILS
@quan Indeed, I can see how you take after him that way.

@ap Thanks!

quanchi112
This gives me an idea for a thread.

Haschwalth
Pretty sure Bane gets scaling over Thon, as well, via this

https://imgur.com/llZurzO
https://imgur.com/V7bzbdf

ILS
Yep, the text is fairly clear on that.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by ILS
Yep, the text is fairly clear on that.

I didn't notice it in the Bane section of your argument?

AncientPower
1.Thon was more powerful than Ambria at its full potency.
2.The Huntress was referring to Ambria post-Thon's manipulation, which trapped the power in lake Natth.
3.When Zannah amped herself off of lake Natth, Bane was utterly defenseless against the tendrils she summoned.

So how exactly does that confirm Bane > Thon?

Haschwalth
Originally posted by AncientPower
1.Thon was more powerful than Ambria at its full potency.
2.The Huntress was referring to Ambria post-Thon's manipulation, which trapped the power in lake Natth.
3.When Zannah amped herself off of lake Natth, Bane was utterly defenseless against the tendrils she summoned.

So how exactly does that confirm Bane > Thon?

This was a weakend POD Bane, who barely had tapped into his potential.

Yeah, on top of her own power, she would overwhelm bane, with Lake Natth.

AncientPower
Which is irrelevant when she doesn't even visit lake Natth until the end of DoE.

Solar Power
Looking forward to reading this and Azronger's Tenebrous thread. Don't know where you guys find the motivation.

Azronger
Originally posted by Solar Power
Looking forward to reading this and Azronger's Tenebrous thread. Don't know where you guys find the motivation.

In our enemies' tears.

YousufKhan1212
Originally posted by Solar Power

Selenial
Beautiful. Worth the wait.

Darth Thor
Nice thread thumb up

Freedon Nadd
Darth Maul is like an evil Sam Fisher on the Force.

Lord Stark
TCWs movie Kenobi> TCWs Movie Anakin. Interesting.

Rockydonovang
Reading the thread. For the Vader section, you can scale Rebels Maul off Vader's LOTS showings like:

Worth noting that ship could hold almost twice as many people as the ship TCW Maul dragged off a cliff.

There's also this:

Lileks have lightsaber resistant armor.

This is bullshit though:

Even if we take a quote that doesn't reference Maul's combat abilities to refer to Maul's combat abilities, Malchor's a nexus:

If it isn't obvious already, the previous episode shows us temples aid force users of the appropriate alignment:

And there's this, which, unlike your sw,com quote, directly references Ahsoka's combat abilities:

ILS
The Ahsoka Maul fought on Malachor is the same one who fought Vader; him being implied to be superior to her, along with the rest of the evidence, leaves Maul in good standing relative to Vader. No need to get torn up about it.

Your last quote makes no sense because neither Maul or Obi were on the scene in the context they are discussing Ahsoka. He evidently can go blow to blow with her, because that's what he did.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ILS
The Ahsoka Maul fought on Malachor is the same one who fought Vader; him being implied to be superior to her, along with the rest of the evidence, leaves Maul in good standing relative to Vader. No need to get torn up about it.

You got me, you error had me seething with rage.

I'm aware you can scale Maul off of Vader, hence whjy I provided you with Vader's pre-rebels feats.

Not sure how you're twisting going blow for blow into matching blow for blow.

Yes Maul can go blow for blow with Ahsoka, she can't match her, as an equal, blow for blow on even ground. This is supported by the episode you cite where Ashoka matches and even drives Maul back in spite of their fight taking place on a darkside nexus.

ILS
Now you're just reaching. erm

Rockydonovang
To make my point clearer, "blow for blow" would imply you can match someone to the extent you can match each of their blows. This didn't happen in Ahsoka and Maul's fight where Maul was sent staggering back with Ahsoka's first blow and then gets driven back with some of her other blows. The episode cements what the quote implies.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ILS
Now you're just reaching. erm
Uh, no, I'm reading the text as it is. You can compete with Ahsoka without being able to "really match Ahsoka blow for blow."

Ahsoka's performance vs Maul on a nexus should make obvious Maul wouldn't match Ahsoka as a perfect equal on even ground.

Kenobi isn't relevant as the quote was clearly referring to potential enemies(which Maul is).

ILS
I'm almost certain the quote is discussing the galaxy/show pre-Maul, which is why I don't care about your conjecture. If you want you can provide the original source of the quote and we can take a look at it.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ILS
I'm almost certain the quote is discussing the galaxy/show pre-MaulThe quote references the time period as a whole, so no.

Didn't joker show you this already?
http://www.starwars.com/news/dave-filoni-interview-star-wars-rebels-season-two-part-1

You mean like taking a quote that never mentions Maul's combative abilities to imply something about Maul's combative abilities?

Rockydonovang
And before anyone asks, the interview was conducted after the season 2 finale.

ILS
It's really fun when you interpret quotes in their full context. You should try it sometime kbro.

He is clearly referring to when she was first introduced to the show, and in regards to her overshadowing the main cast. He even draws a comparison to how Yoda couldn't show up at certain points or he would just kick everyone's ass.

How you interpret that to mean "literally for all of Season 2, including the last two episodes where Maul is first introduced, nobody can match Ahsoka apart Vader and Sidious" - is mind boggling.

KMC has largely forfeited reading comprehension in the pursuit of blind wankery, and you are a symptom of the disease, kbro.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ILS
It's really fun when you interpret quotes in their full context. You should try it sometime kbro.

Yeah, that context doesn't apply to the part of the quote in question which explicitly references the time period.

That Ahsoka can only be matched(or beat) by the emperor and Vader was not the point of Feloni's statement, it was evidence intended to support it.

I can read fine, yeah, your superiority complex not withstanding.

ILS
"in this time period" referring to the one he was just discussing, Ahsoka first entering the show, "first day back in the writing room," the episodes where she shouldn't outdo the main cast.

Obviously, that doesn't apply to the last two episodes of the season where Ahsoka is the focus of the episodes. Digest this in your own time.

Rockydonovang
Ur right, good catch. We still have Ahsoka matching Maul on a nexus though smile

ILS
thumb up

Ahsoka is pretty dope.

|King Joker|
Why are you so cool ILS

Zenwolf
Not bad, not sure about mixing Canon and Legends sources together though, but still nice.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ILS
thumb up

Ahsoka is pretty dope.
Maul is too, I must admit. You can refer to this for Rebels Maul. the claim he's post prime is pretty unsupported:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/kbroskywalker/blog/rebels-mauls-growth/131038/

ILS
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Not bad, not sure about mixing Canon and Legends sources together though, but still nice. Short of going through everything and labelling it, I thought it'd be prudent to just include everything.Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Maul is too, I must admit. You can refer to this for Rebels Maul. the claim he's post prime is pretty unsupported:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/kbroskywalker/blog/rebels-mauls-growth/131038/ It's either way for me. I don't mind if he is post or prime during Rebels, both help him in different ways.Originally posted by |King Joker|
Why are you so cool ILS The secret is sleep with a tray of ice cubes between your legs

Rockydonovang
Not bad, not sure about mixing Canon and Legends sources together though, but still nice.
This is like, half your posts on da forums bro. We get it, disney sucks.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
This is like, half your posts on da forums bro. We get it, disney sucks.

Half? Hardly. I've never said it sucks, I might have posted some dislike of it, but at the same time I do also like some aspects of it.

Rockydonovang
Well if he's post prime you don't necessarily have to concede on inferiority to Kenobi(it's still hard to argue). But then you also have to accept limitations from his TCW self(like not being able to outperfom TCW Kenobi in saber combat).

If he is prime, you have to accept Kenobi as superior, but you also are free of Maul's TCW restrictions. For example, Rebels Maul>Dooku is genuinely arguable.

Rockydonovang
Half? Hardly. I've never said it sucks, I might have posted some dislike of it, but at the same time I do also like some aspects of it.
Well, the likable aspects are a clear minority here.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Well, the likable aspects are a clear minority here.

Yes and I'll be a bigger man and fully admit that.

Rockydonovang
Yes and I'll be a bigger man and fully admit that.
I am short sad

Darth Thor

LordOfTheLight
Awesome. Though I do disagree with the Kenobi part, there is plenty of time to get to that later. For now, keep the choke on #teamswtor.

ILS
Cool, thanks man. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.