Thanos runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
1. Thor
2. Superman
3. WWH
4. Ultraman Knite
5. KC Superman
6. Superboy Prime
7. King Thor
8. Superman Prime
9. Monarch
10. Kingdom Gog
11. Galactus

Stoic
At this time, it is impossible to answer this question. No one really knows for certain what level of power Thanos is on.

Damborgson
Makes it to 6.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Damborgson
Makes it to 6.

5 imo but good answer

Damborgson
Sure, 5 is reasonable.

carver9
KC Supes beatomt Thanos. Naah.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
1. Thor
2. Superman
3. WWH
4. Ultraman Knite
5. KC Superman
6. Superboy Prime
7. King Thor
8. Superman Prime
9. Monarch
10. Kingdom Gog
11. Galactus

His name is Dione.

Reported.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by carver9

After fighting 3 different Supermen, WWH and a Thor with no rest?

I was gonna say 6 to. But he could lose at 5.

Stoic
What if he has rest in between?

Damborgson
I still think Prime would be too much...

xJLxKing
Stops at Prime if he gets rest between every match

He should stop at 5 if he doesn't get rest. Hell even that far wont be easy for him in forum setting

panthergod
Stops at 2.

Gets his body torn apart, easily.

MrMind
either 2 or 5

Stoic
I still think Prime would be too much...

Let's assume for a second that Dione is at the same level as Thanos is at currently, and Dione has Surtur's Twilight sword. Let's also assume that Dione defeated Surtur, and this new Fallen One is a universal nightmare well above even Galactus, if this is the case, Thanos could very well be able to clear this, but we don't really know because we have yet to see how powerful he truly is or has become.

carver9
He is using a prep item against Surfer, a non holding back Surfer. Surfer is either above Herald tier or...

Damborgson
Originally posted by Stoic
Let's assume for a second that Dione is at the same level as Thanos is at currently, and Dione has Surtur's Twilight sword. Let's also assume that Dione defeated Surtur, and this new Fallen One is a universal nightmare well above even Galactus, if this is the case, Thanos could very well be able to clear this, but we don't really know because we have yet to see how powerful he truly is or has become.

That's future Dione though. If HE runs this gauntlet my answers change significantly.

xJLxKing
He is using a prep item against Surfer, a non holding back Surfer. Surfer is either above Herald tier or...
But it's not just Surfer... it's a huge group behind him
Grander they could be there for "show"

Sin I AM

Read more comics

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
After fighting 3 different Supermen, WWH and a Thor with no rest?

I was gonna say 6 to. But he could lose at 5.

Exactly. Everyone he fights will be a challenge especially one after the other. Once he gets to Uman he"ll be reeling and KC should have it in the bag. Prime is too much

Two different characters and we know zero context to those off panel fights

DarkSaint85
There's a LOT of assumptions in there.

Or it's a future Surfer with unknown capabilities.

Stoic
@Sin, DS, Dambo. This is why I said what I said originally concerning the current power level that Thanos is on. No one knows for sure just how powerful he is. All of these certainties that are being placed on how far he makes it are pretty much baseless until we find out on panel. This is why I said this.

At this time, it is impossible to answer this question. No one really knows for certain what level of power Thanos is on.

DarkSaint85
So don't use a version of a character which is unusually amped/weakened.

Use the standard version.

If there are little to no feats for you to gauge his power level, default to classic.

Really, it's not that hard.

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
But it's not just Surfer... it's a huge group behind him
Grander they could be there for "show"

He is only mentioning Surfer though... he didn't even bring up those Goblings that is following Surfer.

Damborgson
Standard Dione has plenty of showings to gauge off of though...

carver9
Yep

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So don't use a version of a character which is unusually amped/weakened.

Use the standard version.

If there are little to no feats for you to gauge his power level, default to classic.

Really, it's not that hard.

I know that he's powerful enough to beat the life out of the current Silver Surfer, I would also assume that if he faced off against Annihihulk that his time would probably be easier than last time provided that BFR was off of the table, but I'm not sure if he would be able to wreck a Sky Father of Odin's caliber at this point, because things are a little murky still in terms of showings.

The future Surfer has received the title of the Fallen One, and the Fallen One took his power from all of the dark matter in the universe. it's a good bet that the Surfer now possesses that power as well, except according to Dione he is far greater than the old Fallen One based off of his concerns about his threat level.

Can't wait to see how Cates develops the upcoming issues of Thanos.

Sin I AM
@Sin, DS, Dambo. This is why I said what I said originally concerning the current power level that Thanos is on. No one knows for sure just how powerful he is. All of these certainties that are being placed on how far he makes it are pretty much baseless until we find out on panel. This is why I said this.

Because we dont base characters power level off potential but what theyve actually done. Otherwise Ryu = Ken when we know thats not the case.

Current Thanos only claim to fame is struggling with the IG, getting one shot by Gladiator, killing Mentor, one shotting Eros, getting a power up and besting a newbie PF weilder aka Thane...what am i forgetting? Oh a prepped Ghost Rider owned him.

StiltmanFTW
His (her?) name is Dione, Sin. Say it with me stick out tongue

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
His (her?) name is Dione, Sin. Say it with me stick out tongue

Im not saying that its retarded

StiltmanFTW
It's also 100% canon haermm

C'mon, you can do it...

https://s9.postimg.org/ylpmatd7j/DIONE.png

Sin I AM
It's also 100% canon haermm

C'mon, you can do it...

https://s9.postimg.org/ylpmatd7j/DIONE.png

Nope. Really over writers retconning history with convoluted backstories and bs cliffhamgers. Just tell a proper story and call it a day

StiltmanFTW
Just tell a proper story... and get it dione big grin

Stoic
Sin, where did Ghost Rider own him? can you refer me to the book? Or perhaps I read it and missed that part?

TheHulkster

TheHulkster

StiltmanFTW

TheHulkster

quanchi112
Thanos haters gonna hate. It's lonely on top of the mountain.

WolverineX25
Thanos, somehow, someway, will clear it. He just does. He has multiple ways to do so. He's conquered the Universe 3 times, destroyed it once or twice, there is virtually no comic book character who has done as much as her proportionately has.

Thanos will clear it. He'll find some way. End of Story.

Stoic
Are you certain?

Posters seem to disagree on that one a lot.

I think that it was a power up.

Damborgson
Thanos also tanked Corvus Glaives' atom cutting blade, got the better of Annihahulk, put Hulk down with one blast essentially, broke Ronins universal weapon, beat the life out of Beta Ray Bill, tooled Thor, one shot Binary, smacked indestructible Hulk away, handled multiple Thors pretty well, handled his brain being fried by Monicq...what else ?

He's had some BAD showings lately too.

StiltmanFTW
Thanos also tanked Corvus Glaives' atom cutting blade

While in his dying state.

Shows how uber Logan's claws are... as they penetrated through healthy Thanos who had Power Gem at the time cool

Insane Titan
Thanos also tanked Corvus Glaives' atom cutting blade, got the better of Annihahulk, put Hulk down with one blast essentially, broke Ronins universal weapon, beat the life out of Beta Ray Bill, tooled Thor, one shot Binary, smacked indestructible Hulk away, handled multiple Thors pretty well, handled his brain being fried by Monicq...what else ?

He's had some BAD showings lately too. His bad showing only come from when he was dying or Bendis (which totally contradicts multiple previous showings against said characters)

Damborgson
Yeah, they were exclusively Bendis. When he was dying can't really be used against him.

DarkSaint85
/B]

thumb up

EXACTLY. So not sure why posters are using showings and saying 'oh gee, he seems really powerful now, but we can't be sure, so erm yeah maybe, maybe not'

Just use standard Thanos until we know more. Until then, it's just wanking over your own words.

TheHulkster

RealityWarper

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Sin I AM
5 imo but good answer How would you order it?

StiltmanFTW
How would you order it?

With fries, please.

RealityWarper
With fries, please.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ! laughing out loud thumb up

Adam Grimes
KC Superman wins

Sin I AM
How would you order it?

The gauntlet? Your order is fine actually as far as power scaling. The first four are more or less interchangeable. The rest are in the right order.

@thehulkster. Im only going off "current" Thanos. The one that received the power up (or restoration whatever). And since then hes only beaten Thane. Which imo is not impressive

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
thumb up

EXACTLY. So not sure why posters are using showings and saying 'oh gee, he seems really powerful now, but we can't be sure, so erm yeah maybe, maybe not'

Just use standard Thanos until we know more. Until then, it's just wanking over your own words.

Except if we did that we would have to ignore certain on panel showings like the fact that he was flying when we have never seen him do this before, or the last time he did was 4 decades or more ago. Now he only began flying after climbing out of the God Quarry. The same power that he used to combat Thane with the Phoenix Force, or was that not the Phoenix that we saw being expunged from Thane at the end of their conflict by the Witches of the God Quarry? You seem to never take any time disputing anyone's claim that this was a fraction of the Phoenix Force, but become Johnny on the spot, when it has anything that may suggest that Thanos was incapable of possibly beating a Sky Father. He has actually been given 2 upgrades since his run in with Odin.

If he was unable to defeat Odin back in the day, he most certainly wouldn't have been able to physically defeat a Phoenix avatar, or break even with one. All of this newbie talk about Thane doesn't exclude the fact that Namor who happens to be nothing more than a brick brawler was able to effortlessly defeat Thor level opponents, and he had far less of the Phoenix Force in comparison to Thane. It's these things that you you seem to ignore. Or is this the intent here DS?

Sin I AM
What Thor level opponent did namor beat? Although its not a stretch given that Namor always fights outside his weight class

Insane Titan
Except if we did that we would have to ignore certain on panel showings like the fact that he was flying when we have never seen him do this before, or the last time he did was 4 decades or more ago. Now he only began flying after climbing out of the God Quarry. The same power that he used to combat Thane with the Phoenix Force, or was that not the Phoenix that we saw being expunged from Thane at the end of their conflict by the Witches of the God Quarry? You seem to never take any time disputing anyone's claim that this was a fraction of the Phoenix Force, but become Johnny on the spot, when it has anything that may suggest that Thanos was incapable of possibly beating a Sky Father. He has actually been given 2 upgrades since his run in with Odin.

If he was unable to defeat Odin back in the day, he most certainly wouldn't have been able to physically defeat a Phoenix avatar, or break even with one. All of this newbie talk about Thane doesn't exclude the fact that Namor who happens to be nothing more than a brick brawler was able to effortlessly defeat Thor level opponents, and he had far less of the Phoenix Force in comparison to Thane. It's these things that you you seem to ignore. Or is this the intent here DS?

Few things , Thanos flew years ago under his own power on his journey to locate the cosmic cube.

Odin that Thanos fought years ago is weaker than current Odin.

We have no idea when death actually cursed him with the illness that was making him weaker and killing him.

Stoic
What Thor level opponent did namor beat? Although its not a stretch given that Namor always fights outside his weight class

Namor had a far smaller portion of the Phoenix Force in comparison to Thane, and he easily snapped Rulk's arm like a twig. Rulk did later lose to Thor, but that was because Rulk wasn't actually using his powers to their full extent like he was when he first defeated Thor with ease. There is an actual reference which stated that Rulk was holding back the bulk of his abilities due to not wanting to be stuck in Hulk form for over using those powers.

Trust me, if he could snap Rulk's arm like a twig, he would have been able to do the same to Thor.

Stoic
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Few things , Thanos flew years ago under his own power on his journey to locate the cosmic cube.

Odin that Thanos fought years ago is weaker than current Odin.

We have no idea when death actually cursed him with the illness that was making him weaker and killing him.

Odin was weaker then than he is now? How so?

Sin I AM
Namor had a far smaller portion of the Phoenix Force in comparison to Thane, and he easily snapped Rulk's arm like a twig. Rulk did later lose to Thor, but that was because Rulk wasn't actually using his powers to their full extent like he was when he first defeated Thor with ease. There is an actual reference which stated that Rulk was holding back the bulk of his abilities due to not wanting to be stuck in Hulk form for over using those powers.

Trust me, if he could snap Rulk's arm like a twig, he would have been able to do the same to Thor.

Rulk is a jobber bro. Keep up

Stoic
Rulk is a jobber bro. Keep up

But he still snapped his rm like a twig, which was to indicate that he could easily do this to Class 100 characters. I know that Rulk was a scrub at the end of his run, but there were reasons attached to his poor showings. He never underwent a retcon. Ross just wanted to retain the ability to return to human form.

My point is that Thane held a much larger portion of the Phoenix Force in comparison. You know what I got from Thanos' brow beating of Thane? It was meant to be the portrayal of the disappointed father, riding his underachieving son. It had nothing to do with his power level. Thane at least had powers like I've mentioned before. While Namor is a brick brawler. not to mention that the PF grants cosmic awareness to all of its hosts.

TheHulkster
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111279017/5368194-5505996877-sMyZi.png

http://i56.tinypic.com/2mmv3x0.jpg

Insane Titan

Stoic
Originally posted by TheHulkster
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111279017/5368194-5505996877-sMyZi.png

http://i56.tinypic.com/2mmv3x0.jpg

I won't be ignorant to the scans. Thanks for posting, but I'm still not completely convinced that Thanos did not grow in power in a similar way that Darkseid recently grew in power. We will have to wait and see, but Thane was certainly more powerful than the members of the Phoenix 5, and they were at least high trans individually. I'll concede that I will have to wait to see how powerful he has become.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.