The Shining sequel 'Doctor Sleep'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Kazenji
So the novel Doctor Sleep the sequel to The Shining is getting turned into a movie

Mike Flanagan to Direct it

http://collider.com/doctor-sleep-movie-mike-flanagan-the-shining-seque-stephen-king/

Patient_Leech
Hm.. I didn't even know there was a sequel to the novel.

Adam Grimes
Yup. Kinda.

I hope this movie isn't as crappy as The Shining.

Impediment
Crappy? I hope you mean the most recent telemovie and not the film.

steverules_2

Impediment
To be honest, I didn't even know there was a sequel novel to the Shining, but I'm officially interested as f*ck!

Stephen King's books are hit & miss for me; some are so white knuckle intense that I can't put the book down while others are so painfully boring that I can't get past the first quarter of the book.

I've read the Shining and loved it. Verrrrrry different from Kubrick's film, which I also adore. I might just have to start Doctor Sleep this weekend to see if I'll love it, too.

Adam Grimes
Yeah, I didn't like Kubrick's film. Maybe because I went in with too much expectations from all the praise it gets.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Impediment
To be honest, I didn't even know there was a sequel novel to the Shining, but I'm officially interested as f*ck!

Stephen King's books are hit & miss for me; some are so white knuckle intense that I can't put the book down while others are so painfully boring that I can't get past the first quarter of the book.

I've read the Shining and loved it. Verrrrrry different from Kubrick's film, which I also adore. I might just have to start Doctor Sleep this weekend to see if I'll love it, too.

Yeah, the book and movie are very different but both very good.

I also agree that Stephen King is very hit or miss.



Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, I didn't like Kubrick's film. Maybe because I went in with too much expectations from all the praise it gets.

It's understated. That's why it's so good.

It's his use of the camera and the performances from the actors. He's brilliant.

Esau Cairn
Room 237

Fun documentary interpretating "hidden" meanings to The Shining & other Kubrick films.

Kazenji
I've heard Stephen King didn't like the Kubrick Shining movie

and with the miniseries its more of a result of king's bitchy attitude towards the original Stanley Kubrick Masterpiece, I've heard it sticks closer to the novel but it was still bad.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, I didn't like Kubrick's film. Maybe because I went in with too much expectations from all the praise it gets. The movie is great. Your taste is pure shitfire.

Adam Grimes
Shitfire? Come on.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Shitfire? Come on. Shit in the form of fire spreading. Not on my watch, hick.

playa1258
Hopefully it turns out good.

jaden101
Mike Flanagan. That top class director of absolutely ****ing nothing even remotely decent ever.

Yeeaaahhh I'm gonna need you to go ahead and not do that mmmkaaayyy. That'd be grreeatt.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jaden101
Mike Flanagan. That top class director of absolutely ****ing nothing even remotely decent ever.

Yeeaaahhh I'm gonna need you to go ahead and not do that mmmkaaayyy. That'd be grreeatt.

He's supposedly has only had one good hit so far with Gerald's Game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.