Kyp Durron vs. Valkorion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
No amp/prep time.

Setting: Jabba's palace

Starting distance: 30 feet

Old school categories:

1) Sabers
2) Force
3) All-out

Who wins?

Stigma
Any takers?

I think Valkorion has a chance.

Freedon Nadd
If you like so much posting versuses. Why don't you write these duels? It is productive and a lot more exciting.

Stigma
Write duels, as in, wirte books about them?

Freedon Nadd
Not books. Lmao. Short-stories.
Present A's story
Present B's story
A vs B fight
Outcome of what happened when A/B won

Freedon Nadd
I made one with Exar Kun and Darth Vader, but sadly I lost the duel story.

ILS
A real tragedy, that.

Freedon Nadd
Yeah.
It happened when some Force sensitive Imperials went to Yavin 4 to steal powerful Sith artifacts of Naga Sadow and forgotten Dark Side abilities. They awakened Exar Kun. Exar possessed one of them and killed the rest by siphoning their lifeforce. He made some edits to the body(muscles, a little bit of face, and grown his long hair)
He also awakened Malgraas(a mutated Massassi) that was put in stasis to guard his tomb(but device failures)
Vader is asked by the emperor to go on Yavin 4 to check it out. There he and his stormtroopers are attacked by Naga Sadow's Force mutated followers turned into zombies. They kill his men, but Vader destroys them.
Vader reports to Palpatine what happened.
Exar meets Vader. They fight in Palpatine's office then in that big Senate room. Exar kills Vader there. Vader asks Kun to spare Luke. Kun says he does that if Luke sits on his own a$$. Kun amasses an army of followers: He strikes down Sidious in lightsabre combat. He becomes the new emperor. The Alliance is purged and Luke becomes a slave akinish to the Massassi.

MythLord
literally
nobody
cares

Stigma
So who wins this?

ILS
Can someone do the maths on whether anyone from TOR can match Kyp moving an artificial singularity? He was also able to oneshot that leviathan with lightning, same leviathan durable enough live inside lava. Not to mention his power well before his prime was enough to facilitate Kun taking down Luke (albeit with powers he lacked a defence for, but it's still Luke).

Kyp's pretty dope.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ILS
Can someone do the maths on whether anyone from TOR can match Kyp moving an artificial singularity?

I've tried but honestly it's difficult to quantify because the behavior of the singularities is kinda of weird and not what you'd expect from real ones.

Stigma
Just refeshed my memory on Kyp with his RT.

Seems Durron may have an edge here.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by MythLord
literally
nobody
cares

Ok, nobody.

Stigma
So who wins here?

Haschwalth
Valk.

Stigma
Can he match Kyp's TK?

Haschwalth
Originally posted by ILS
Can someone do the maths on whether anyone from TOR can match Kyp moving an artificial singularity? He was also able to oneshot that leviathan with lightning, same leviathan durable enough live inside lava. Not to mention his power well before his prime was enough to facilitate Kun taking down Luke (albeit with powers he lacked a defence for, but it's still Luke).

Kyp's pretty dope.

Chaos has.
https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-entry/star-wars-feat-kyp-durron-moves-a-quot-black-hole-quot.26409/#comment-221207

ILS
http://i.imgur.com/YJ0Vw1C.jpg

Holy shit, Dovin Bassal's simulate "plant-sized masses," and apparently the one Kyp moved is 1/3 larger than the one spoken about in the scan.

Kyp turned a singularity around that was simulating the mass of a planet. And even as a lowballed estimate, the scan talks about how these gravity wells are used to drag ships out of hyperspace and also prevent them from entering it. Apparently the gravity is so strong it can hold a small fleet in place preventing them from going into hyperspace.

Fooking hell, R.I.P Valk.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
http://i.imgur.com/YJ0Vw1C.jpg

Holy shit, Dovin Bassal's simulate "plant-sized masses," and apparently the one Kyp moved is 1/3 larger than the one spoken about in the scan.

Kyp turned a singularity around that was simulating the mass of a planet. And even as a lowballed estimate, the scan talks about how these gravity wells are used to drag ships out of hyperspace and also prevent them from entering it. Apparently the gravity is so strong it can hold a small fleet in place preventing them from going into hyperspace.

Fooking hell, R.I.P Valk.
thumb up

So it seems that Kyp dominates here.

Haschwalth
The amount of energy from that feat is inferior to Thons ambria feat/Nihilus's drain etc.

ILS
Thon's ambria feat which took place over decades.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by ILS
Thon's ambria feat which took place over decades.
Where does it say, that It took decades?

even Yaeral poofs feat is comparable, in terms of energy.

Haschwalth
Anyway he seals the energy in the lake meaning he had the energy at the time to contain it.

Haschwalth
Ulic annhilates Kyp.

Ursumeles
Kyp >>> Brakiss >>> Thon

Stigma
Originally posted by Stigma
Old school categories:

1) Sabers
2) Force
3) All-out

So Kyp has an edge in the Force.

Who takes sabers and all-out?

Freedon Nadd
Did Kyp really move a singularity or, in fact, the Dovin Basal? Think about it.

ILS
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Where does it say, that It took decades?

even Yaeral poofs feat is comparable, in terms of energy. I might be misremembering, but I thought it was mentioned that it took time for Thon to clean up the "dark side stains" left over from the ritual. I had a look through the companion and the comic and it's quite vague, but this is basically what Thon did:

Ambria ritual goes t!ts up, kills all life on planet. Only the spirits of the dead are left alongside "dark side stains" across the planet. All Thon did was go into a lake and "surrender to the dark side," and then trapped some spirits in the lake. Presumably he also cleaned up these "stains" the sorceress left over. It said that it took time for the natural life on the planet to grow back after the devastation, in-part due to Thon's presence on the planet, which is why I think I mentioned that it took Thon time to clean it up.

Nowhere is it said he bottlenecks a planet's worth of dark side energy. Not even close. It was a similar deal to how Yoda lived next to a dark side nexus on Dagobah; he wanted to challenge himself.

The feat's been blown out of proportion from what I can tell.

MythLord
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Did Kyp really move a singularity or, in fact, the Dovin Basal? Think about it.
"And he seized upon that void, directing all his Force abilities and discipline against it.

It was like using a thin metal rod to push a grounded landspeeder. Too much pressure and it would bend, becoming useless. Too little and nothing would happen. He had to find the right pressure to budge it, to set it into motion and keep it going that way...

For a moment, the only things in the universe were him, Jaina, and the void. He moved the void, turned it around, moved it back the other direction."

-- New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dreams

He moved the singularity.

MythLord
Originally posted by ILS
I might be misremembering, but I thought it was mentioned that it took time for Thon to clean up the "dark side stains" left over from the ritual. I had a look through the companion and the comic and it's quite vague, but this is basically what Thon did:

Ambria ritual goes t!ts up, kills all life on planet. Only the spirits of the dead are left alongside "dark side stains" across the planet. All Thon did was go into a lake and "surrender to the dark side," and then trapped some spirits in the lake. Presumably he also cleaned up these "stains" the sorceress left over.

Nowhere is it said he bottlenecks a planet's worth of dark side energy. Not even close. It was a similar deal to how Yoda lived next to a dark side nexus on Dagobah; he wanted to challenge himself.

Also, Obi's feat of resisting a planetary Dark Side nexus caused by a Rule of Two Sith is quite frankly a better feat than this.

ILS
So Kyp has an edge in the Force.

Who takes sabers and all-out? LMAO

Stigma
smile

Haschwalth
Originally posted by ILS
I might be misremembering, but I thought it was mentioned that it took time for Thon to clean up the "dark side stains" left over from the ritual. I had a look through the companion and the comic and it's quite vague, but this is basically what Thon did:

Ambria ritual goes t!ts up, kills all life on planet. Only the spirits of the dead are left alongside "dark side stains" across the planet. All Thon did was go into a lake and "surrender to the dark side," and then trapped some spirits in the lake. Presumably he also cleaned up these "stains" the sorceress left over. It said that it took time for the natural life on the planet to grow back after the devastation, in-part due to Thon's presence on the planet, which is why I think I mentioned that it took Thon time to clean it up.

http://i.imgur.com/cDYhBy4.png

This indicates Thon trapped the dark side energies from the Ritual, into the lake.
And the stains were merely damaged inflicted from the Darkside, not the actual energy.

ILS
http://i.imgur.com/cDYhBy4.png

This indicates Thon trapped the dark side energies from the Ritual, into the lake.
And the stains were merely damaged inflicted from the Darkside, not the actual energy. Which is in direct contrast to both the TotJ companion and the comic itself, or more accurately, is a poor summation of the events. The feat happens in two parts:

1. He traps dark side spirits in a lake
2. He cleans up the dark side corruption left over from the ritual

Haschwalth
Originally posted by ILS
Which is in direct contrast to both the TotJ companion and the comic itself, or more accurately, is a poor summation of the events. The feat happens in two parts:

1. He traps dark side spirits in a lake
2. He cleans up the dark side corruption left over from the ritual
I would like the quotes, and source material thanks.

ILS
I like this new debating culture where you just take one sentence out of context because it fits your argument neatly, and try to pass it off as something far more grandiose than what it really amounts to. Mad funny.

ILS
I would like the quotes, and source material thanks. k

Haschwalth
Originally posted by ILS
I like this new debating culture where you just take one sentence out of context because it fits your argument neatly, and try to pass it off as something far more grandiose than what it really amounts to. Mad funny.

Within the context of that page it isn't.
Hence why I want the full context, from what you have stated.

ILS
If you've read the comic you will note that the lake is filled with spirits, as indicated by that fact the text box is the same as when spirit Nadd speaks. But the companion tells us all we need to know:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I8tdKcDo2yg/WnLzhQA_tVI/AAAAAAAAMMc/CC8hTuMxO18NZHmF-Tv8Y9WRKv1NDYpxACL0BGAYYCw/h462/5253077286120028045%253Faccount_id%253D2

He swam into the middle of the lake and trapped some spirits. Jee wizz.

https://i.imgur.com/V1Kmfpr.png

Here it mentions the dark side stains.

Haschwalth
No where does it state, Thon had to cleanse the dark side stains after, trapping the spirits, there is no contradiction, infact the spirits make the feat sound more impressive.

From, what I get, from these sources, thon essentially trapped the dark side energy from the screwed Ritual, and the spirits, within lake Natth.

Sorry give me your take on it ILS.

Freedon Nadd
"And he seized upon that void, directing all his Force abilities and discipline against it.

It was like using a thin metal rod to push a grounded landspeeder. Too much pressure and it would bend, becoming useless. Too little and nothing would happen. He had to find the right pressure to budge it, to set it into motion and keep it going that way...

For a moment, the only things in the universe were him, Jaina, and the void. He moved the void, turned it around, moved it back the other direction."

-- New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dreams

He moved the singularity.

So, Kyp didn't use only Telekinesis against the void, but also an arsenal of Force abilities. That shows it wasn't really easy what he had done if he resorted to other abilities.

ILS
You must be trolling?

MythLord
So, Kyp didn't use only Telekinesis against the void, but also an arsenal of Force abilities. That shows it wasn't really easy what he had done if he resorted to other abilities.

Well, of course it isn't easy, it did take effort, but what other abilities did he use? The text says he seized it and moved it... That's literally the textbook application of purely telekinesis right there.

Azronger
So can we get clarification the dovin basal Kyp moved was as or more powerful than the Leviathan's gravity field generators? Would be a pretty deciding factor in this match.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Azronger
So can we get clarification the dovin basal Kyp moved was as or more powerful than the Leviathan's gravity field generators? Would be a pretty deciding factor in this match.
It is unless you think they regressed in technology over the past 4 thousand years.

Deronn_solo
While Kyp's raw power is in Valk's stratophere,he lacks the mastery and versatility to win.

Tenebrae wins, handily.

Haschwalth
Kyp essentially is like Vaylin, as an comparison.

Azronger
It is unless you think they regressed in technology over the past 4 thousand years.

So you concede Kyp can move planetary masses. GG, he atomizes a thousand Valkorions with a thought.

Haschwalth
So you concede Kyp can move planetary masses. GG, he atomizes a thousand Valkorions with a thought.
Your funny. it in terms of energy its below Nihilus's drain, who is inferior to valkorian by several quotes.

Haschwalth
Also as evident by Scourge/Revan it doesn't require much energy to live 300 or so years. Meaning Nathema, which Vitiate absorbed the essence of 8000 sith lords, on top of atomizing all life on the planet. the energy gained from that makes Kyp look like a *****.

LordOfTheLight
Moving planets requires infinitely more amounts of energy than impacting it on a surface level( actually impacting the surface, is what I mean), and Nihilus's feat, that of merely draining all the life on the surface of a planet, isn't even on that level in terms of destructive output.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Moving planets requires infinitely more amounts of energy than impacting it on a surface level( actually impacting the surface, is what I mean), and Nihilus's feat, that of merely draining all the life on the surface of a planet, isn't even on that level in terms of destructive output.
Cute, no. CT blog, backed by other people proficient in physics, state otherwise.
And Nihilus's drain was destructive, as it vaporised Oceans, on top of killing life. That requires vast amounts of destructive energies.

https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-entry/star-wars-feat-kyp-durron-moves-a-quot-black-hole-quot.26409/#comment-221207

https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-entry/star-wars-feat-darth-nihilus-vs-katarr-revised.36065/#comment-235822

Haschwalth
Valkorian wasn't joking when he told the outlander to conjure an arsenal of Super weapons.

Azronger
Your funny. it in terms of energy its below Nihilus's drain, who is inferior to valkorian by several quotes.

Sorry, not interested in discussing this with the scientifically illiterate.

Haschwalth
Sorry, not interested in discussing this with the scientifically illiterate.
kek

LordOfTheLight
Yeah, no. I need a quote for suggesting that the oceans are gone too, because all I have are "tends to suggest from the picture", when there is literally nothing that tends to suggest it at least from the given evidence in the blogs.

Not only is Nihilus much farther from the planet after its destruction to the point where the planet can be seen as a ball( compared to previous shots which are much, much closer), but even that aside, there is nothing in the picture that suggests that the oceans are gone.

Haschwalth
before:
http://i.imgur.com/FOpDcha.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KD0BYpn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6eCu4R3.jpg

After:
http://i.imgur.com/SaQaKEU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IgGJ1RS.jpg

It's clear the pictures the atmosphere has changed, as if you look around the planets atmosphere seems be of been ****ed with, they aren't that far, as we should still be able to see oceans and the outlay of the land if that were the case.

Ziost, also collaborates what had occurred, same with Nathema. At this level of Drain/Destruction.

LordOfTheLight
Also, CT's calcs are wrong. He/she assumes that Kyp moved it by just one meter? Wtf?

The full length of an interdictor is 600 m, and the portion of it that looks like the shark's mouth should be roughly 400 m. And Kyp accelerated it throughout that length, obviously, given the passage.

So the acceleration took place over 400 m of length which means that the energy required would be 400*14 petatons=5600 petatons.

Roughly 7 times more powerful than Nihilus's feat.

I am pretty proficient in physics myself, thank you.

LordOfTheLight
before:
http://i.imgur.com/FOpDcha.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KD0BYpn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6eCu4R3.jpg

After:
http://i.imgur.com/SaQaKEU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IgGJ1RS.jpg

It's clear the pictures the atmosphere has changed, as if you look around the planets atmosphere seems be of been ****ed with, they aren't that far, as we should still be able to see oceans and the outlay of the land if that were the case.

Ziost, also collaborates what had occurred, same with Nathema. At this level of Drain/Destruction.

No need to link the same pictures to me. I already know.

Yeah, and that doesn't change the fact that the two instances are "much farther away". The pictures after Katarr's destruction are much farther away than the ones before it. So no, there is no concrete basis for any of that.

As I said, even if they were close to the surface, there is nothing that indicates that the oceans were vaporized, lol.

That is a pretty blatant false equivalency, lol. Give me concrete evidence suggesting that Nihilus and Vitiate's feats are similar. You can't expect me to buy this just like that.

LordOfTheLight
Also, CT's calcs are wrong. He/she assumes that Kyp moved it by just one meter? Wtf?

The full length of an interdictor is 600 m, and the portion of it that looks like the shark's mouth should be roughly 400 m. And Kyp accelerated it throughout that length, obviously, given the passage.

So the acceleration took place over 400 m of length which means that the energy released would be 400*14 petatons=5600 petatons.

Sorry, 7 times more powerful than Nihilus's "non-existent" feat.

LordOfTheLight
And yeah, sorry again, but the acceleration is a lot more than 9.8 m/s2. Another assumption which is tremendously off the mark.

The whole process took just a "moment". Add a second or two here and there for the side stuff.

In fact, let me be generous and make it 5 seconds.

s=1/2at^2( this equation applies when objects begin with initial velocity=0, i.e. they accelerate from rest which is the case here)

a=2*s/t^2.

s=400 m, t=5 seconds.

a=800/25=32m/s^2. Ideally it should be more than this, but I am being as generous as possible.

So yeah, the energy output would be 5600*32/9.8=18000 petatons( roughly).

So yeah, infinitely more than Nihilus's "non-existent" feat.

LordOfTheLight
Also, if you are not into the physics, it should be incredibly obvious that moving planets will require more energy than vaporizing oceans.

Haschwalth

So the acceleration took place over 400 m of length which means that the energy required would be 400*14 petatons=5600 petatons.

He his essentially lowballing the feat, because there isn't enough context to suggest how far he moved the void, or at what speed. there is not exact data of the feat, only that he moved it. So technically you are high balling it.

Haschwalth
Also, if you are not into the physics, it should be incredibly obvious that moving planets will require more energy than vaporizing oceans.
I know, it generally is, but that is dependent on the speed/distance.

Also one could argue, that it just stimulates the affect of mass not actually is the mass, via the use of technology.

Haschwalth
No need to link the same pictures to me. I already know.

Yeah, and that doesn't change the fact that the two instances are "much farther away". The pictures after Katarr's destruction are much farther away than the ones before it. So no, there is no concrete basis for any of that.

As I said, even if they were close to the surface, there is nothing that indicates that the oceans were vaporized, lol.

That is a pretty blatant false equivalency, lol. Give me concrete evidence suggesting that Nihilus and Vitiate's feats are similar. You can't expect me to buy this just like that.

Uh, literally every planet shown at that distance, would still show signs of oceans/continents. And considering the amount of detail, he put into the first pictures, indicate he would of showed detail of the planet, if it still remained. the cloudlike drain that nihilus used when devouring the life, all indicates it's affects on not just life, but the planet below.

What inidcates the vaporisation of the oceans, his how the atmosphere, is completely screwed/dust like.

No, those feats from Vitiate were the after affect of draining all life. which is logical, and should be comparable with Nihilus, as when he drained all life the microbes/plankton etc, within the planet dies as well, in which the energy caused by the drain vaporizes the seas.

Azronger
Now that all other options have failed, the Vitidiots turn to calcs lol. I wonder what's next.

Haschwalth
All cases That I know of that have killed all life on the planet in SW lore, have ended up with the Planet turned Barren.

Haschwalth
Now that all other options have failed, the Vitidiots turn to calcs lol. I wonder what's next.
Mate I prefer Sidious to vitiate.

And, i've always been calc orientated, we just never go into it much.

Haschwalth
Idk why i'm being labelled a vitidiot, when Most of my preferred characters are PT/RotE.

Haschwalth
If Revan was apart of the later content, i'd probably be a Sheevite tbh.

LordOfTheLight
Uh, literally every planet shown at that distance, would still show signs of oceans/continents. And considering the amount of detail, he put into the first pictures, indicate he would of showed detail of the planet, if it still remained. the cloudlike drain that nihilus used when devouring the life, all indicates it's affects on not just life, but the planet below.

What inidcates the vaporisation of the oceans, his how the atmosphere, is completely screwed/dust like.

No, those feats from Vitiate were the after affect of draining all life. which is logical, and should be comparable with Nihilus, as when he drained all life the microbes/plankton etc, within the planet dies as well, in which the energy caused by the drain vaporizes the seas.

Given that it is not colorized, no. Nihilus observes Katarr as a "ball", which is a vast distance.

Initially, the distance is akin to something like this:

https://www.universetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/SED_wall_1920x1200.jpg

But when Nihilus observes it from the bridge, it looks like a literal ball, which is much much farther away. Something like this distance:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC-r_24vJ0eWM9kfQA2fMRtiY4kyDS_wo_LLkPioDQTyfCiJdK

When not colorized, yeah, you can't make anything out. At all.

No, lol.

Haschwalth
Given that it is not colorized, no. Nihilus observes Katarr as a "ball", which is a vast distance.

Initially, the distance is akin to something like this:

https://www.universetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/SED_wall_1920x1200.jpg

But when Nihilus observes it from the bridge, it looks like a literal ball, which is much much farther away. Something like this distance:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC-r_24vJ0eWM9kfQA2fMRtiY4kyDS_wo_LLkPioDQTyfCiJdK

When not colorized, yeah, you can't make anything out. At all.

No, lol.

You can make out the edges on both those pictures, the sky was clear before Nihilus went on his drain rampage, but is evidently not clear afterwards. Also you have to take into account the lighting.

LordOfTheLight
I know, it generally is, but that is dependent on the speed/distance.

Also one could argue, that it just stimulates the affect of mass not actually is the mass, via the use of technology.

Endless Mike?

Yeah, no, that's bullcrap. It stimulates the effect of mass "by" forming a "singularity" or "void" which, "due" to its incredibly high mass, is so useful to the Vong or whoever uses them. Which Kyp manipulates as though it is a supermassive object.

This is just reaching for the stars at this point.

LordOfTheLight
He his essentially lowballing the feat, because there isn't enough context to suggest how far he moved the void, or at what speed. there is not exact data of the feat, only that he moved it. So technically you are high balling it.

Bro, I gave the near exact data and the exact calcs for this, as accurately as anyone could ask for. It is obvious if you pay just a little bit of attention and have a rudimentary knowledge of physics.

I take this as a concession?

LordOfTheLight
You can make out the edges on both those pictures, the sky was clear before Nihilus went on his drain rampage, but is evidently not clear afterwards. Also you have to take into account the lighting.

Yeah, the edges of "continents" only. Infinitely far off from observing mountains or anything like that.

And this still doesn't prove that he vaporized the oceans. This proves detrimental to your case however, because a simple observation does disprove it. Valkorion drained Ziost, vaporizing the oceans and obliterating all life. However, the atmosphere is perfectly clean and pristine. Aside from being incredibly dull that is.

However, since the sky is so dusty( as you claim) in the case for Nihilus, it is obvious that the two cases of drain are nowhere remotely similar at all.

So this leaves you with two choices:

1. Continue to maintain that Nihilus's brand of drain is similar to Valkorion's, and essentially disprove your own argument.

2. Have nothing at all, because nothing proves that the oceans were vaporized at all from the pictures.

Haschwalth
Endless Mike?

Yeah, no, that's bullcrap. It stimulates the effect of mass "by" forming a "singularity" or "void" which, "due" to its incredibly high mass, is so useful to the Vong or whoever uses them. Which Kyp manipulates as though it is a supermassive object.

This is just reaching for the stars at this point.

Good to know, you know exactly how it works.

It's called a gravity well generator, it creates an artifical, gravity field, they manipulate it to suit their needs, hence it doesn't mean it has to have the mass actual mass of one. otherwise if it did act like one, the void would simply suck the ship in.

Haschwalth
Bro, I gave the near exact data and the exact calcs for this, as accurately as anyone could ask for. It is obvious if you pay just a little bit of attention and have a rudimentary knowledge of physics.

I take this as a concession?
No you made high end assumptions of the feat, with not enough data to make your conclusion accurate hence, why Ct low balled it.

LordOfTheLight
Good to know, you know exactly how it works.

It's called a gravity well generator, it creates an artifical, gravity field, they manipulate it to suit their needs, hence it doesn't mean it has to have the mass actual mass of one. otherwise if it did act like one, the void would simply suck the ship in.

SMH.

No, it creates a "singularity" or "void" which is a supermassive void, "which" due to its incredibly high mass is responsible for sucking in the objects.

The ends of the shark's mouth( as it appears) control the void and prevent it from sucking in the ship. The minute they lose control of the void, which is when Kyp moves the void from that place to inside the ship, the void sucks in the ship entirely, instantly.

Congratulations for disproving your argument again.

Haschwalth
Yeah, the edges of "continents" only. Infinitely far off from observing mountains or anything like that.

And this still doesn't prove that he vaporized the oceans. This proves detrimental to your case however, because a simple observation does disprove it. Valkorion drained Ziost, vaporizing the oceans and obliterating all life. However, the atmosphere is perfectly clean and pristine. Aside from being incredibly dull that is.

However, since the sky is so dusty( as you claim) in the case for Nihilus, it is obvious that the two cases of drain are nowhere remotely similar at all.

So this leaves you with two choices:

1. Continue to maintain that Nihilus's brand of drain is similar to Valkorion's, and essentially disprove your own argument.

2. Have nothing at all, because nothing proves that the oceans were vaporized at all from the pictures.

That was a drain, different to Nihilus's hence the darkfog during the drain. than Vitiates death field, it is still going to give off a similar affect, from devouring all life. Also those pictures, you used had the sun behind the planet or just above, but in the comic, it wasn't meaning, you can't use the darkness from those pictures as an excuses, to hide the outlines.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/images/content/638831main_globe_east_2048.jpg

You can see earth easily, when the sun is not above behind the planet, at that distance.

Stigma
Nice job LOTL thumb up

These numbers are insane tbh. Kyp's a TK beast and I don't see anything from Valky that can even approach Kyp's feat.

As of now it seems clear: Kyp dominates and wins 10/10.

LordOfTheLight
No you made high end assumptions of the feat, with not enough data to make your conclusion accurate hence, why Ct low balled it.

Dude, I assumed the "correct" data. The length of the ship is 600 m, and Kyp moves it through the "mouth" like structure which by appearance is 400 m. If you can see a picture and scale it that is, which a 3rd grader should be able to do.

He accelerated it "in a moment", so the fact that I assumed 5 seconds is incredibly generous. Should I take the real time as stipulated, it would be 5 times more powerful, so roughly 90000 petatons.

Let's just say I assumed 4 seconds extra, simply. So, I lowballed the feat, not highballed it.

LordOfTheLight
That was a drain, different to Nihilus's hence the darkfog during the drain. than Vitiates death field, it is still going to give off a similar affect, from devouring all life.

SMH.

My friend, you are grasping pretty desperately at straws right now.

Haschwalth
SMH.

No, it creates a "singularity" or "void" which is a supermassive void, "which" due to its incredibly high mass is responsible for sucking in the objects.

The ends of the shark's mouth( as it appears) control the void and prevent it from sucking in the ship. The minute they lose control of the void, which is when Kyp moves the void from that place to inside the ship, the void sucks in the ship entirely, instantly.

Congratulations for disproving your argument again.

So, it remained at that point, and acted exactly like a void, after sucking the ship in?

LordOfTheLight
So, it remained at that point, and acted exactly like a void, after sucking the ship in?

Don't know and it is not mentioned.

It shouldn't even matter.

Haschwalth
Dude, I assumed the "correct" data. The length of the ship is 600 m, and Kyp moves it through the "mouth" like structure which by appearance is 400 m. If you can see a picture and scale it that is, which a 3rd grader should be able to do.

He accelerated it "in a moment", so the fact that I assumed 5 seconds is incredibly generous. Should I take the real time as stipulated, it would be 5 times more powerful, so roughly 90000 petatons.

Let's just say I assumed 4 seconds extra, simply. So, I lowballed the feat, not highballed it.

Can you highlight where, it indicates he moved it that distance? All I can see is that he moved it forward and back.

Haschwalth
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Katarr?file=Nihiluswalks.png
This also is a clear indicator of what happened to the atmosphere.

LordOfTheLight
Can you highlight where, it indicates he moved it that distance? All I can see is that he moved it forward and back.

He moved it back, yeah. When he was done, the void was touching the bulk part of the ship.

From the source, the void is located at the "protrusions" which make for the maximum length of the ship, which is apparent at a glance. But they are just protrusions. The main body of the ship is lesser than half the size of the whole ship. What's more, when it reaches the "flank" of the ship, it is the first to distort. The flank, obviously referring to the main body of the ship which is located on its rear end.

Also, the interdictor that Kyp moved is larger than 600 m, i.e. 900 m, so the distance moved would be correspondingly larger.

LordOfTheLight
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Katarr?file=Nihiluswalks.png
This also is a clear indicator of what happened to the atmosphere.

The buildings and structures were collapsed and ruined, yes. I never denied that. However, this again, does nothing to prove that the oceans were vaporized.

Haschwalth
He moved it back, yeah. When he was done, the void was touching the bulk part of the ship.

From the source, the void is located at the "protrusions" which make for the maximum length of the ship, which is apparent at a glance. But they are just protrusions. The main body of the ship is lesser than half the size of the whole ship. What's more, when it reaches the "flank" of the ship, it is the first to distort. The flank, obviously referring to the main body of the ship which is located on its rear end.

Also, the interdictor that Kyp moved is larger than 600 m, i.e. 900 m, so the distance moved would be correspondingly larger.

Can you use quotes from the passages, to get the context for this?
Because, I'm down for an upgrade to that feat.

Haschwalth
The buildings and structures were collapsed and ruined, yes. I never denied that. However, this again, does nothing to prove that the oceans were vaporized.

The fact the whole atmosphere is giving off that dust ball affect, which shouldn't occur if there were oceans. The affect from the drain on land caused, there to be just rubble left, meaning the drain screwed with the surface, the same should logically be with, the ocean as it is generally teeming with life./microbes/bacteria etc.

LordOfTheLight
Can you use quotes from the passages, to get the context for this?
Because, I'm down for an upgrade to that feat.

It is available on any Kyp respect thread. Simply read and compare with what I have typed.

LordOfTheLight
The fact the whole atmosphere is giving off that dust ball affect, which shouldn't occur if there were oceans. The affect from the drain on land caused, there to be just rubble left, meaning the drain screwed with the surface, the same should logically be with, the ocean as it is generally teeming with life./microbes/bacteria etc.

The ruining of buildings, is because Nihilus blasts the worlds from orbit first, before draining them. Not because of his drain.

Anyways, by your logic, all the structures on the surface should have been vaporized as well, and they clearly weren't. They were just damaged. As your Wookiepedia picture shows. So that again, doesn't fly. Nihilus isn't draining bricks or water, he is draining "life".

Haschwalth
The ruining of buildings, is because Nihilus blasts the worlds from orbit first, before draining them. Not because of his drain.

Anyways, by your logic, all the structures on the surface should have been vaporized as well, and they clearly weren't. They were just damaged. As your Wookiepedia picture shows. So that again, doesn't fly. Nihilus isn't draining bricks or water, he is draining "life".

Nah,rock is a fair bit more dense than water, and water contains life, rock doesn't.

Azronger
Lol Valkorion gets swatted like a fly. laughing out loud

This might be the most retarded feat in all of Star Wars.

Haschwalth
Lol Valkorion gets swatted like a fly. laughing out loud

This might be the most retarded feat in all of Star Wars.

Eh, it's not even close.

Anyway Nathema is on a different league to Nihilus's drain, for energy gained.

Freedon Nadd

Where was it stated that he bombards the planet? If anything, Visas states otherwise. Also, Vitiate's ritual on Nathema also affected buildings and droids. And his ritual doeth the same thing as Nihilus' hungry shtick.

Freedon Nadd
Eh, it's not even close.

Anyway Nathema is on a different league to Nihilus's drain, for energy gained.

Nah, same thing. If anything, Nihilus' drain is more potent after consuming several planets of their Force energies.

Freedon Nadd
Well, of course it isn't easy, it did take effort, but what other abilities did he use? The text says he seized it and moved it... That's literally the textbook application of purely telekinesis right there.

Because it is written, "Force abilities"? That means he used other abilities the writer was too lazy to mention.

Haschwalth
Nah, same thing. If anything, Nihilus' drain is more potent after consuming several planets of their Force energies.
No Nathema, literally atomised all life, literally made a void in the force, on top of the 8000 sith lords he consumed.

We don't know how many planets Nihilus consumed, nor were the affects anywhere close.

Freedon Nadd
Now you are the one who lowballs Nihilus.

We know he consumed several planets. That means it should be somewhere around 5-6(just me lowballing the number of planets)

Haschwalth
Now you are the one who lowballs Nihilus.

We know he consumed several planets. That means it should be somewhere around 5-6(just me lowballing the number of planets)
It doesn't work that way.

Azronger
I calced Nihilus' feat and even with an absurd highball it's still not close to the amount of energy Kyp would've had to exert to move an object with the mass of the Earth even one meter per second.

Freedon Nadd
It doesn't work that way.

Really, bro!? Valkorion ate only two planets and you saw how powerful he became(whelp, the second gave his power back because he was weakened) You get my point.

Freedon Nadd
I calced Nihilus' feat and even with an absurd highball it's still not close to the amount of energy Kyp would've had to exert to move an object with the mass of the Earth even one meter per second.

What did you calc?

Nihilus held his ship with relative ease. Meanwhile, Kyp struggled with the Vong's gravitational field. And it really doesn't have the power of a natural black hole because they are artificial.
On top of that: I don't see why Nihilus is brought into this?

The Ellimist

Well it's really unclear how massive the singularities were. If they behaved like real ones, then yeah. But they don't seem to behave like real ones soooo...

Azronger
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Well it's really unclear how massive the singularities were. If they behaved like real ones, then yeah. But they don't seem to behave like real ones soooo...

Given how Hasch already conceded the dovin basal is planetary without a fight, I'm just using his words against him.

Geistalt
Reposting the image Azronger removed:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111282615/6259669-nihilus+and+durron+comparison.png

thumb up

Even if it was the mass of the moon, it'd be a few orders of magnitude better than Darth Nihilus' feat.

Azronger
I removed it because I noticed a few errors. Mainly Kyp's feat being 3 000 ZJ rather than 3 000 000 ZJ. I'll have other people take a look and then make the necessary corrections.

DarthAnt66
Vaporizing the oceans?

ILS
Vaporising oceans kek

LordOfTheLight
Yeah, I second Az's "calculations"( I still don't believe that he vaporized the oceans). I didn't even calc Katarr previously, just assumed it was correct.

For calculating the mass of Katarr's oceans, however, you took a needlessly complicated approach. Instead of going into molar masses of oxygen and water, you could have simply used the fact that the density of water is 1 kg/l, i.e., in 1 m^3, we have 1000 kg of water. It would give you the same answer in a single step.

Plus, assuming that T2-T1 is 99 is a highball unto itself.

DarthAnt66
I don't think I ever heard anyone citing this alleged vaporizing oceans feat.

Freedon Nadd
1. What is Nihilus doing here?
2. Katarr was just one of the planets he consumed. Post-Katarr, his power grew even more as he devoid planets of their Force energy. I don't see what's the purpose of comparing Katarr to Kyp Durron's void feat?
One does it with ease, the other had difficulties in doing it.

Geistalt
devoid isn't a verb

and Kyp's feat is still 200 times more impressive

Freedon Nadd
1. I use it as verb
2. Kyp's feat is 200 times more impressive compared to whom? Vitiate? Or Nihilus? If the latter, then you are utterly wrong. Nihilus' power kept growing since Katarr.

Geistalt
The numbers don't lie.

Azronger
Yeah, Nihilus vaporizing oceans is BS honestly, but I was simply being magnanimous to Hasch by accepting it and further flexed my generosity by highballing the crap out of it. It still comes out short - massively.

Freedon Nadd
Well, I assume he meant oceans(water) would just disappear because are sustained by the lifeforce that is taken away by Nihilus' drain.

AncientPower
Christ,

1.Dovin Basals are nothing like actual singularities, and obviously don't have the mass of moons.

2.The original source material confirms that Nihilus didn't use his ship to bombard Katarr.

3.Katarr was confirmed to have been reduced to a barren rock, so obviously the oceans were vaporised.

4.Nathema was on entirely other levels of destruction.

How is so much cancer posted in one thread and not purged for the sake of Man's continued existence?

Geistalt
I love that you're getting triggered by our mini-black hole lowballing.

Prove dovin basals don't create black holes. Then your argument will stand.

AncientPower
Dear lord, if you're going to use terms as asinine as that then just don't reply.

I don't need to prove a thing when we know for a fact that they don't work like black holes. Force Storms act like black holes, and they're markedly different.

How about you prove they have the properties of black holes, instead of trying to laughably lay the burden or proof on me.

Zenwolf

Interdictor cruisers of that time were inferior to later era ones, so doubtful...but then how are gravity field generators comparable to dovin basal? Or am I missing something?

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by AncientPower
Christ,

1.Dovin Basals are nothing like actual singularities, and obviously don't have the mass of moons.

2.The original source material confirms that Nihilus didn't use his ship to bombard Katarr.

3.Katarr was confirmed to have been reduced to a barren rock, so obviously the oceans were vaporised.

4.Nathema was on entirely other levels of destruction.

How is so much cancer posted in one thread and not purged for the sake of Man's continued existence?

4. They are the same, tho. Unless you want to lowball Nihilus' Force drain over Vitiate's Ritual?

Stigma
So... who won this?

Freedon Nadd
Valkyre.

Stigma
Valkyrie is not in this thread. But if she was, the fight would have been cooler smile

So who wins? Can Kyp overcome Valky with his TK?

The Ellimist
He has the power to, whether he actually would depends on how competently he fights.

Rockydonovang
you don't need to be overly competent to abuse tk.

Azronger
Originally posted by The Ellimist
He has the power to, whether he actually would depends on how competently he fights.

Pretty sure he would fight pretty competently if he's in genuine danger.

Haschwalth
Kyp gets demo'd.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by AncientPower

I'm not sure that man's continued existence depends on posts in an online forum.

Stigma
Kyp gets demo'd.
Do you think Valky can withstand Kyp's TK?

Haschwalth
Do you think Valky can withstand Kyp's TK?

Valk shrugs of kyp's tk, like swatting away a fly.

Stigma
Interesting. What TK feats Valky has that suggest so?

Haschwalth
Interesting. What TK feats Valky has that suggest so?
Feats? It's called powerscaling and nathema/ziost ontop of 1200 years of draining force users of their essence, which is potent enough to destroy countries/continents.

Feats mean shit, when one is holistically portrayed to be above, the ones who have committed said feat, otherwise Yoda would be thons *****.

The Ellimist

Freedon Nadd
Did Luke eat a planet?

The Ellimist
...of course he didn't given that he's a Jedi.

Freedon Nadd
Welp, Vitiate did. And he has the power of a planet.

Stigma
Kyp rivals Luke in power, though.

Freedon Nadd
So that means Luke isn't the strongest Jedi that ever lived.

Stigma
Why?

Freedon Nadd
Because you say Kyp rivals him?

Geistalt
You don't have to be greater than someone to rival them.

The Ellimist
lawl

Stigma
Because you say Kyp rivals him?
Yeah, I meant it in the sense of "comparable to".

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Geistalt
You don't have to be greater than someone to rival them.

So right you are. I know you rival Albert Einstein, even if you don't possess his intellect. Oh, wait, it doesn't make any sense what I said.

Stigma
Think about it this way: Vegeta rivals Goku, but Goku seems to always be a step ahead of the prince.

There's a small difference between them.

Freedon Nadd
Yeah, I meant it in the sense of "comparable to".

People are comparable only if they display skills of the same magnitude.
It seems to me you wanna say Luke=Kyp>anyone('cept godly entities)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>