Mortal Engines (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Plot Synopsis:
Based on a novel by, Phillip Reeve. Many years after the "Sixty Minute War," cities survive a now desolate Earth by moving around on giant wheels attacking and devouring smaller towns to replenish their resources.

https://i.imgur.com/Cd9Yvzw.jpg

Writer: Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh & Phillipa Boyens
Director: Christian Rivers
Starring: Hugo Weaving, Stephen Lang, Robert Sheehan & Hera Hilmar.

fupYIggOq38

marwash22
this looks fcking epic.

Adam Grimes
Yes it does

Patient_Leech
I'm not impressed with big, epic CGI and action unless I find the characters/story/premise interesting.

Robtard
Piqued my interest, will watch this.

marwash22
it has your curiosity, but does it have your attention, tart?

Robtard
No, that's reserved for your mom, mouth

/burned4eva

marwash22
my mom for your wife... seems fair.

Robtard
Hey!

Surtur
I enjoyed the book, it should be good.

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
Hey! no takebacks.

enjoy that menopausal bliss.

BruceSkywalker
lthis has yet to whew me

jaden101
Think I'll take some magic mushrooms before seeing this. Give myself proper brain damage.

Kazenji
The whole city on wheels thing reminds of a Transformer

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Navitas

Mindset
Garbage.

Patient_Leech
Happened upon an ad for this on YouTube. I think it looks pretty terrible. It just doesn't feel like a believable world. Not good, Peter Jackson.. not good...

IRsFc2gguEg

Kazenji
Yeah, Jackson is slowly becoming like Lucas with lots of CG everywhere.

Zack M
Will watch.

Flyattractor
Looks Goofy and Cheesey as Hell. So yes. Gonna Hope for AWESOMENESS!!!!!!

CPT Space Bomb
To be honest, the ONLY thing that makes me the slightest bit interested is Hugo Weaving. That guy commands the screen any time he's on like few can.

BruceSkywalker
this might have flop written all over it

playa1258
It does not look good and the X-mas competition won't help it either.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
To be honest, the ONLY thing that makes me the slightest bit interested is Hugo Weaving. That guy commands the screen any time he's on like few can.

That's basically the only thing that drew me in. And he was fine, but even he couldn't lend much credibility to such a strange premise.

To be honest I fell asleep and missed maybe the middle 30 minutes or so of the movie, heh. But I don't think it made much difference. The movie has tons of impressive visuals, but it was difficult to care about much of what was going on.

I basically used the movie for a lazy Sunday afternoon and it fueled my nap quite well. thumb up

Robtard
Tried watching this awhile back, got maybe 25-30 mins before I turned it off.

jaden_2.0
They should've just done a movie about Shrike. His character was awesome.

Esau Cairn
Yeah Shrike was seriously an interesting character.

Not many movies can introduce a one dimensional character & then build up on its personality as the story progresses...

I was seriously hoping this movie was dark, gritty & on a LOTR scale.

I didn't realise it was based on a teen-market novel in the vein of Hungergames or Divergent.

Patient_Leech
I (sort of) watched the movie, but I couldn't tell you who Shrike is.

Esau Cairn
Shrike was the unstoppable assassin.

steverules_2
It was filled with bland characters, I liked Hugo Weaving but the rest was awful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.