Thragg Vs Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Grand-Regent-Thragg-Invincible-Comics-Viltrumite-c.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c9/20/d5/c920d585edfd076eeff8f4cfce95747a.jpg

RealityWarper
thragg stomps. Mismatch.

Zack M
Lobo

riv6672
How many main men would it take to beat Thragg?
Pretty sure it could be arranged.

vansonbee
I can picture Thragg wearing a rug skin of Lobo around his neck.

riv6672
^^^I cant, TBH.
Maybe his scalp as a codpiece.

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672

You mean the clone thing? Even though Rebirth rebooted many things, it did not give him back the ability to clone. You go figure, if Lobo is roughly about as powerful as Marvel's Hercules, imagine 1000+ of them running around? Nothing would be able to stop them. It's probably why DC would be crazy to give him back that ability.

riv6672
When i've seen him debated here, he's had the ability, so i've got to go with that.
DS even showed me scans of Slobo doing it last year, to back his argument of Lobo winning a versus.
So we're using classic Lobi version i guess, since i used an older pic, that works.

Stoic
Classic Lobo lost the ability to clone due to Vril Dox. The writer was obviously wrong. Just recently when Afterthought was hammering Lobo into a jelly roll, he did not produce any clones from blood spatter. DS was making more out of writer error than was warranted, and to be honest it should have been thrown out as a non canon source.

On the other hand, if he can clone he would beat the shit out of Thragg, and his entire army.

meep-meep
Lobo

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Classic Lobo lost the ability to clone due to Vril Dox. The writer was obviously wrong. Just recently when Afterthought was hammering Lobo into a jelly roll, he did not produce any clones from blood spatter. DS was making more out of writer error than was warranted, and to be honest it should have been thrown out as a non canon source.

On the other hand, if he can clone he would beat the shit out of Thragg, and his entire army.

Wait what?

Lil Lobo (in Young Justice) is canon. You not agreeing with it does not make it so.

riv6672
^^^thinking the same.
Originally posted by Stoic
Classic Lobo lost the ability to clone due to Vril Dox. The writer was obviously wrong...On the other hand, if he can clone he would beat the shit out of Thragg, and his entire army.
Then lets say that and move on.

DarkSaint85
Imagine if the Vilrumnites got together with Lobo and reverse engineered the cloning though.

Thragg would love that for his army.

As for the actual thread, super bloody fun. Inclined to say Lobo, just due to his HF. Would be interesting to see how he gets back from the Sun where Doomsday Batman threw him.....

If he gets back.

Flyattractor
Lobo makes Thragg Cry by making fun of his Man Skirt.

Lobo Wins!

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Imagine if the Vilrumnites got together with Lobo and reverse engineered the cloning though.

Thragg would love that for his army.
As much as Kirman characters bleed, they'd soon overrun the universe! eek!

Stoic
Wait what?

Lil Lobo (in Young Justice) is canon. You not agreeing with it does not make it so.

Ah I see where you're going. Lil Lobo is not the version being spoken of. Neither is Slobo. Perhaps being turned into a child reversed the effects that were placed on him as an adult, but again, we didn't actually see him produce any clones after his recent fight with Afterthought. He was beaten to the point that blood spatter and blood was running out of his face. Still no clones.

When Lobo could produce clones he would not only destroy Thragg, but as I mentioned he'd be able to destroy Thragg's entire army. Thragg was beating up on Supreme level opponents. Lobo may not be killed as he can continue to regen, but it would be apparent from the onset that Thragg was the more dominant of the two.

DarkSaint85
Yeah.

So not sure why you said it was non canon. When riv SPECIFICALLY said Slobo......

Stoic
Yeah.

So not sure why you said it was non canon. When riv SPECIFICALLY said Slobo......

Because the thread says Lobo vs Thragg? Anyway if this is tailored for Lobo to win based on Riv's changes, so be it. Lobo wins.

DarkSaint85
https://i.postimg.cc/SsTnrc4N/15.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/NFZ5hYL3/17.jpg

Stoic
Retcon or poor writing? Only the future will tell. But it shows why DC runs into the problems that they often do. Continuity is a real word.

HumbleServant
What happens when lobo doesnt need the clones anymore?

DarkSaint85
They fight it out until the strongest wins and he is Lobo.

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672

Just 1.

I like Thragg the same as the next guy, but Invincible operates on a lower power level. That Omni-Man fight with Supreme doesn't jive with being unable to fly through planets without blasting a hole first, or getting your skin fried off in the sun.

CosmicComet
Supreme's history got a massive downgrade to retroactively to fit within Invincible's framework.

He was a guy that could destroy stars and planets just by casually flying ftl through them.

And that's not even his best feats. His best would fit well in a silver age Supes respect thread.

Yet Nolan went toe to toe with the 'strongest' supreme ever even though his own verse caps out way lower than star busting.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Supreme's history got a massive downgrade to retroactively to fit within Invincible's framework.

When and where?

Why couldn't it be the opposite? All of Supreme's continuity was referenced in that short-run where he fought Omni-Man.

CosmicComet
And you have to assume his highest feats become invalid because the 'strongest' supreme is on par with a contextual or high effort at best planet buster in omni man.

Supreme can't be a casual star buster+ and still be equal with Omni man.

It's not like Invincible had a multitude of writers with differing opinions like Supes or Thor do.

Its Kirkman's verse and he tops the series out at massively below star buster. That's iron clad. Ergo Mean Supreme is massively below star buster too.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by CosmicComet
And you have to assume his highest feats become invalid because the 'strongest' supreme is on par with a contextual or high effort at best planet buster in omni man.

Supreme can't be a casual star buster+ and still be equal with Omni man.

It's not like Invincible had a multitude of writers with differing opinions like Supes or Thor do.

Its Kirkman's verse and he tops the series out at massively below star buster. That's iron clad. Ergo Mean Supreme is massively below star buster too.

That's a lot of assumptions. Why not just accept that Omni-Man had a crazy impressive feat outside of his "established" power tier? It tends to happen.

Would you feel the same if it was Superman? 99% of the time he's city to planetary level buster at max. Most heralds are. Omni-Man has so few comic book appearances compared to main stream characters, this can fall into his extreme category.

I have no horse in this race. It just seems inappropriate to retroactively retcon Supreme rather than accept that Omni-Man could be way more powerful than we assumed. That 5-issue run referenced a shit load of Supreme continuity. Larsen wasn't unaware of Evil Supreme's capabilities.

It would just be a more intellectually honest exercise to shrug it off as an extreme showing.

It would even be easier to accept that Omni-Man's particularly reality is a lot more realistic than others. For example, we assumed that Omni-Man's species must be fragile because they die in battle. Clearly he isn't. And tbh, if insanely strong supermen were going to get into h2h fights, it should look a lot more like Invincible's Universe.

CosmicComet
There is only one assumption, that Mean Supreme wasnt meant to have access to all past assortment of feats even if Larsen gave some vague acknowledgement of past histories and versions. Afterall Larsen himself contradicted some facts iirc.

It wouldn't square to have Mean Supreme scale to star destroying ro universe moving ranges based on past history. It doesnt work with the story Larsen was telling.

I have Larsen's Supreme that fought omni man at planet levels based on the feats he did in that same run, which already stretches it somewhat for Omni Man and the Invincible-verse as a whole. (Though you could argue that planet that Mean Supreme busted was moreso a planetoid, which would still allow it to work well with Invincible scaling wise).

If Superman hypothetically fought Omni-Man to a draw I would not scale Omni-Man to Supes' history of feats either, only to whatever Superman performed directly in the series that Omni Man was involved in. Superman underperforms all the time. Unfortunately the Invincible verse is narratively capped at a certain level by the ending its sole creator gave it. So Superman in that story would be bound to those limits too unless some other explicit narrative tool comes in play e.g. it might be an alternate omni man or a massively amped one etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.