Lightspeed or near lightspeed speed blitz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JBL
What characters can claim they blitzed anything or anyone at light or near lightspeed? Have proof please.

DarkSaint85
Flash, with the IMP

leonidas
glads with heimdall.

carver9
Is this in an environmental area or can we use space showings as well?

DarkSaint85
Does the speed of light change, Carver?

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

In comics, my question means a lot since a pretty smart and powerful character admitted gravity plays a factor on his abilities/power.

DarkSaint85
Yeah but i guess OP doesn't care, as long as it's light or near light speed.

Doesn't matter if it's indoors, outdoors, underwater,in space, through planets, or whatever.

And am guessing it doesn't matter if the blitz is against people,aliens,rocks,moons,planets or whatever.

bluewaterrider
It means a lot in the real world, too, and I'm surprised D.S. doesn't know this.

Originally posted by carver9
Is this in an environmental area or can we use space showings as well?

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

The speed at which light propagates through transparent materials, such as glass or air, is less than c; similarly, the speed of electromagnetic waves in wire cables is slower than c. The ratio between c and the speed v at which light travels in a material is called the refractive index n of the material (n = c / v). For example, for visible light the refractive index of glass is typically around 1.5, meaning that light in glass travels at c / 1.5 ≈ 200,000 km/s (124,000 mi/s); the refractive index of air for visible light is about 1.0003, so the speed of light in air is about 299,700 km/s (186,220 mi/s) (about 90 km/s (56 mi/s) slower than c).

DarkSaint85
Yes but look at the title of the thread.

NEAR lightspeed is also acceptable.

IOW, for all intents and purposes, it's near constant. Because OP has allowed for some leeway.

carver9
The latter doesn't make things interesting though because that means that people like Terriax is light speed and all of us know that is a lie.

DarkSaint85
Has he blitzed anyone at those speeds? That's what OP is asking.

Why is this so hard for you to understand lol.

carver9
Lol... I do understand it though. Just forget it.

DarkSaint85
JBL,sort him out

SSJGGogeta
Carver, buddy, you're over-complicating this question, lmao.

Who has blitzed someone at, or near lightspeed?

No need to determine the environment in which the blitz occurred, the definition of a "blitz", etc, etc, etc.

For my nomination, I'll go with DBZ's Raditz, from the Saiyan saga. teehee

While the dub was certainly incorrect, Piccolo thought it would be impossible for him to dodge the special beam cannon, even after Raditz dodged all of his other attacks. Piccolo was previously able to instantly destroy the moon with a simple wave of ki. This points to said blast being at least around light speed, and still being slower than the Makkankosappo, which Raditz dodged at close range.

Therefore, even someone like Raditz combat speed was ~lightspeed.

xJLxKing

celeyhyga17
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/2197208-600453_photon_vsquicksilverel0_super.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
It means a lot in the real world, too, and I'm surprised D.S. doesn't know this.

The speed at which light propagates through transparent materials, such as glass or air, is less than c; similarly, the speed of electromagnetic waves in wire cables is slower than c. The ratio between c and the speed v at which light travels in a material is called the refractive index n of the material (n = c / v). For example, for visible light the refractive index of glass is typically around 1.5, meaning that light in glass travels at c / 1.5 ≈ 200,000 km/s (124,000 mi/s); the refractive index of air for visible light is about 1.0003, so the speed of light in air is about 299,700 km/s (186,220 mi/s) (about 90 km/s (56 mi/s) slower than c).

The speed of light in a vacuum is c, which is a constant. The OP is referring to c or near c.

-K-M-
Northstar on Cyclops
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/xmen190005qg7.jpg

Northstar on Exterminators
1. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/Astonishing%20X-Men%20060-004_zpseszazmoz.jpg
2. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/Astonishing%20X-Men%20060-005_zpsfnv0g9yi.jpg

TheHulkster
Miss America.

XLR87T3
Wolverine blitzed Thor, who is so fast that he can defeat Silver Surfer

abhilegend
That implies either Thor or Silver Surfer are actually fast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.