EoTPM Sidious vs. RotS Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Who wins

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

Stigma
Yoda smile

Lord Stark
Yoda in all

Ursumeles
Yoda, an gewd fight.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Yoda, an gewd fight.

Kurk
wtf is this?

relentless1
yeah whats the Eo stand for??

Ursumeles
End of.

Azronger
Yoda

relentless1
nah, Sidious was the power shift that he felt at the end of Plaguies; he became the sole entity of the Dark Side, Yoda would be blindsided by Sidious at this time. Remember; by the time Yoda got to face Sidious; he was ready for him and had had three years of fights under his belt to get his skills bumped up.

Ursumeles
Your point? This is RotS Yoda, not TPM Yoda.

relentless1
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Your point? This is RotS Yoda, not TPM Yoda.

ah yes, my mistake. Still, Sidious as far as we know didn't get any boosts post Plagueis' demise so it stands to reason that his power level would be similar post TPM to his power in ROTS so i still say Sidious wins, provided the fight is on neutral ground.

Rockydonovang
Yoda was for all purposes an equal for ROTS Sids, he would beat TPM Sids

relentless1
Sidious post Plaguis is arguably equal to his ROTS counterpart too

NewGuy01
I mean, EoTPM Sidious is basically RotS Sidious, all things considered. It could believably go either way.

relentless1
all things considered Sidious would destroy Yoda on neutral ground

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by relentless1
Sidious post Plaguis is arguably equal to his ROTS counterpart too

Nope. It's explicitly stated Sidious grew in power in between AOTC and ROTS let alone TPM and ROTS:

Yoda's close enough to Sidious that the movie, script(two highest sources) and junior novel all show their force battle end in a stalemate.

The primary sources which show Sidious decisively winning
A. Aren't as authoritative as the movie and script
B. Blatantly contradict the movie's version of events throughout

So while you could use the other sources to argue Sidious has an edge, it would be a negligible difference.

In order to argue that TPM Sids is as close as Yoda, you'd need to argue that his growth over the course of more than ten years was of an equally small margin.

Good luck with that.

AncientPower
Why are you using a Canon source in a Legends debate?

Rockydonovang
The complete visual dictionary is canon? I was under the impression it was a legends sourcebook

AncientPower
It was a movie saga only collection of the Star Wars Visual Dictionaries and was re-released in 2012 and 2016, with TFA added in the latest edition rebranded under Disney.

Rockydonovang
oh ok

relentless1
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Nope. It's explicitly stated Sidious grew in power in between AOTC and ROTS let alone TPM and ROTS:

ok.. so how does that mean his fighting strength??? that quote could mean anything; the Dark side over the light, his political powers... anything along those lines really.

Fact is we know that Sidious had one fight in between TPM and ROTS while Yoda had many; he had no time to hone any of his skills like Yoda had so it stand to reason that he'd be at the same level TPM that he was when he beat Yoda in ROTS

Rockydonovang
The context is clearly referring to his force powers. And yes, someone with greater force power to use in combat is a better combatant,

Geistalt
Yeah; political power isn't usually referred to as strength.

Geistalt
Very politically strong.

Rockydonovang
Naturally you ignore the first part i italicized...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.