Darth Tyranus vs. Darth Plagueis (Sabers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geistalt
Who wins?

Kurk
http://images.memes.com/meme/1055559

JKBart
plagueis, definitely

Geistalt
I'm inclined to say Tyranus, but that'd also effectively be calling Darth Vader a better lightsaber duelist than Plagueis.

DarthAnt66
Which would be the biggest joke of all time.

~Quesin~
Tyranus is almost certainly more skilled. He honed his Makashi skills for decades, was one of the most skilled lightsaber instructors ever {I believe this was a quote, but I may confuse it with Sora Bulq}, apparently had mastered several other classic lightsaber forms, and has a wealth of additional feats and accolades to his name. But whether the gap is significant or not is arguable. Plagueis was deemed a ''master of the art'' by Tenebrous, who himself most likely was a master of several forms {Juyo, perhaps?}, and from what I remember, he responded pretty well to Venamis' attacks. His exact skills are more vague, but I feel that especially Tenebrous' approval is important to consider, keeping in mind that Tenebrous enjoyed lightsaber dueling. In any case, his Force mastery is too deep for Dooku, in my opinion, and that has an effect on fighting {though the impact can be argued...}. He is faster and stronger than the Count, and would probably eventually wear down his Force reserves. But Dooku gives a good fight. He held his own against Yoda, who possesses similar advantaes over him, with even more lightsaber skill.

Freedon Nadd
"It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills: with a lightsabre."

The Ellimist
Tyrannus may be more skilled by some margin, but Plagueis seems to be skilled enough for his massively superior Force augmentation to take precedence IMHO. It seems to me that technical skill would run into diminishing returns earlier than Force ability.

quanchi112
https://s.yimg.com/cd/diminuendo/1.0/original/02360b8def0e69b3cd544fe8aa530a5d35989483.gif

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Which would be the truest thing you've ever said.

thumb up

Azronger
Dooku could be scaled higher smile

ILS
Plagueis, obviously.

Deronn_solo
Plagueis, no competition.

Inferior technica l skills doesn't mean shit when your command of the Force maasively exeeds your opponent.

MythLord
Hego takes it, yeah.

Ursumeles
Plagueis is > both Dooku and Suit Vader.

relentless1
Plagueis for sure, Sidious wasn't even sure he could beat Plagueis which is why he got him drunk in the first place

ILS
Sidious was so wary of Plagueis that he plotted to fire a nuclear warhead at Sojourn, leaving the entire moon desolate. Luckily Plagueis left in time.

And then after Sidious killed Plagueis, he spent a good few minutes shoving his corpse around with telekinesis because he was afraid his master was playing dead and had mastered immortality. He wasn't comfortable being in arms-reach of Plagueis' corpse.

HeartThrob
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Plagueis, no competition.

Inferior technica l

You're meant to put the bracket after the word, not in-between.

MythLord
lmfao

Kurk

The Ellimist
Plagueis grows significantly more powerful after that fight though.

Kurk
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Plagueis grows significantly more powerful after that fight though. Based on? Doesn't matter anyway. His lightsaber collects dust after that.

Intrpd

Geistalt
Tyranus:
Kurk
NewGuy01

Plagueis:
JKBart
~Quesin~(?)
The Ellimist
quanchi112(?)
ILS
Deronn_solo
MythLord
Ursumeles
relentless1

Geistalt
I can undermine Kurk's post by pointing out that Dooku only matched Yoda briefly (or almost matched him) on Vjun, where he was strengthened and Yoda was weakened/hindered.

Kurk
Originally posted by Geistalt
I can undermine Kurk's post by pointing out that Dooku only matched Yoda briefly (or almost matched him) on Vjun, where he was strengthened and Yoda was weakened/hindered. Never mentioned Vjun. AotC duel was the reference.

Geistalt
The sad thing is he improved by their duel on Vjun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.