General Zod Vs Unworthy Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
https://i.imgur.com/4FyqRvH.jpg

vs

https://i.imgur.com/LdlZPE6.jpg

abhilegend
Zod breaks the beta Odinson in half.

krisblaze
Originally posted by abhilegend
Bro, there is no bigger beta than you.

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
Bro, there is no bigger beta than you.
facepalm

Sin I AM

i thought this at first...but then i cant recall a single feat that Odinson couldnt replicate. both have some nice damage soak and h2h skills. undecided

SquallX
****ing make Thor worthy again.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by SquallX
****ing make Thor worthy again. 3 more issues, no?

Damborgson
Maybe...

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Damborgson
Maybe...
Im calling it now

Jane with a bit of help from Odin/Thor will stop Magnog by dying

Thor will cry like the woman he is, the hammer will come to him from all the tears he shed

DarkSaint85
Nah. I've already called it a while back.

Damborgson
I like Dark's version better.

SquallX

MrMind
thor doesnt even register zod's attention. like an ant against a tank

8swords
IMO, only way thor would win would be him decapitating zod, which i find highly improbable.. has thor ever severed anyone fast?

Damborgson
Originally posted by 8swords
IMO, only way thor would win would be him decapitating zod, which i find highly improbable.. has thor ever severed anyone fast?

Not at the level that Zod is at.

The magic on the blade wouldn't feel good if it connected though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Zod has the speed and flight advantage but Thor realizing he isn't a god of hammers severely hampers that. The axe can hurt top tiers by virtue of being made of Uru and Thor being very strong, throwing in a vulnerability to magic varies from it hurting more to Zod being f*cked if hit. Depends on the writer. Kryptonians weakness to magic is about as consistent as Abhil's clean water.

spetznaz

krisblaze
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Zod has the speed and flight advantage but Thor realizing he isn't a god of hammers severely hampers that. The axe can hurt top tiers by virtue of being made of Uru and Thor being very strong, throwing in a vulnerability to magic varies from it hurting more to Zod being f*cked if hit. Depends on the writer. Kryptonians weakness to magic is about as consistent as Abhil's clean water.

Jesus lol

Zack M
Yeah, speed kills?

spetznaz

abhilegend
Thor.

laughing out loud

Zod would rip Odinson from limb to limb at this point. The axe has as much chance of beating a top tier than a random knife. It's made zero difference in a fight with virtually anyone.

Odinson's chances to win this fight is virtually the same as Canada suddenly not being USA's *****.

Ergo, none at all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Zod would rip Odinson from limb to limb at this point. The axe has as much chance of beating a top tier than a random knife. It's made zero difference in a fight with virtually anyone.

Odinson's chances to win this fight is virtually the same as Canada suddenly not being USA's *****.

Ergo, none at all.

General Zod, is capable of ripping, Thor Odinson, limb from limb.

The axe is as relevant as a regular knife in a fight.

These are the claims you've made. I ask, for clarification, because I know you're an idiot, but do you stand by them?

Lol, what? Are you mocking me for living in Canada instead of the USA? Are you retarded? Bro, shut up, half the reason you even have an economy is because we offshore our Customer Service to your shit hole. Careful, you're one phone call to Trudeau away from living in a mud hut and drinking shit infested water.

xJLxKing

Damborgson
Lol, what? Are you mocking me for living in Canada instead of the USA? Are you retarded? Bro, shut up, half the reason you even have an economy is because we offshore our Customer Service to your shit hole.

Harsh laughing out loud

----------

As far as the fight goes, Thor would need to go high end quick. If the axe doesn't take Zod out, he's strong enough to start breaking him.

Http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3640032-superman-wonder+woman+%282013-%29+005-019.jpg

So going all god of thunder on him is a much safer bet.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's bones aren't that fragile.

quanchi112

The axe is as relevant as a regular knife in a fight.

These are the claims you've made. I ask, for clarification, because I know you're an idiot, but do you stand by them?

Lol, what? Are you mocking me for living in Canada instead of the USA? Are you retarded? Bro, shut up, half the reason you even have an economy is because we offshore our Customer Service to your shit hole. Careful, you're one phone call to Trudeau away from living in a mud hut and drinking shit infested water. Did he really act like India is better than Canada ?

laughing out loud

He's so triggered.

DarkSaint85

celeyhyga17
Mango proves too powerful for Odin and Odinson. Jane swoops in for what she thought would be the save, but it's still not enough. She takes a hell of a beating, but keeps on ticking until.. The beating that she suffers really takes a toll on her which prompts Odinson to finally relinquish his current belief on worthiness. He once again lifts Mjolnir begrudgingly and unleashes hell on this so called judgement of the gods. To his dismay, it's still not enough. Now comes the kicker. Odin divulges the real reason why he's been a huge prikk(or he realizes why), and sacrifices his own life to empower the two heroes as a last ditch effort to thwart the Mango.

Mango is defeated. Jane survives her cancer ordeal and continues as a fem Thor. Odinson crafts a new weapon (gold hammer) in honor of his father which is partly empowered by the remaining Odinforce, which his pappy relinquished. The end.

DarkSaint85
Yeah sounds rubbish and doesn't pay enough respect to the characters, unlike mine.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah sounds rubbish and doesn't pay enough respect to the characters, unlike mine.
Wuteva Bendis Jr.

Btw that whole worthiness thing is his own doing. He chose(consciously/subconsciously) to be unworthy because he doesn't believe any god is worthy of serving mortals. Odinson saving Jor in your version won't make him worthy all of a sudden.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Wuteva Bendis Jr.

Btw that whole worthiness thing is his own doing. He chose(consciously/subconsciously) to be unworthy because he doesn't believe any god is worthy of serving mortals. Odinson saving Jor in your version won't make him worthy all of a sudden.

You make it sound as if I (or Marvel) care.

xJLxKing

celeyhyga17
You make it sound as if I (or Marvel) care.
Was bored

abhilegend

Yes. He oneshot shattered half of Henshaw's body and oneshotted Supergirl along with overpowering a holding back Superman, overpowered Hal Jordan like nothing etc.

Yeah.

Don't thump your chest idiot. If you have only retarded things to say, shut up.

Yeah, India is reliant on Canada. No really.

What kind of Bizarro world do you live in? In which Canada isn't a ***** of USA?

abhilegend
Thor's bones aren't that fragile.
Thor is much more fragile.

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes. He oneshot shattered half of Henshaw's body and oneshotted Supergirl along with overpowering a holding back Superman, overpowered Hal Jordan like nothing etc.

Yeah.

Don't thump your chest idiot. If you have only retarded things to say, shut up.

Yeah, India is reliant on Canada. No really.

What kind of Bizarro world do you live in? In which Canada isn't a ***** of USA?

You think Zod can rip Thor limb from limb and Thor's axe is as efficient as a regular knife? Lol, what an idiot.

India is the sewer of the western world at the moment. My disposable income feeds all 20 of your cousins bro.

https://s14.postimg.org/mmpqzndep/ cbbd36920f4e004e8fdd56c429ea95b595fb80a94863c66b0a
9346b538f9df4f.jpg

Zack M
I don't know. Zod has been pretty beastly lately. With his showing against Hank and now trans tier, Hal.

quanchi112

India is the sewer of the western world at the moment. My disposable income feeds all 20 of your cousins bro.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Zack M
I don't know. Zod has been pretty beastly lately. With his showing against Hank and now trans tier, Hal.

In what world, is Zod tearing apart Thor, in any way, much less shrugging off his axe?

Lay off the DC sponsored bath salts bro. Green Lanterns are inconsistent AF, and Hal Jordan failed as well as GL Kyle Rayner. He was about as Trans Tier as Kylo Ren against Snooke's guards.

quanchi112
Is Snooke that jersey shore skank ?

Zack M
In what world, is Zod tearing apart Thor, in any way, much less shrugging off his axe?

Lay off the DC sponsored bath salts bro. Green Lanterns are inconsistent AF, and Hal Jordan failed as well as GL Kyle Rayner. He was about as Trans Tier as Kylo Ren against Snooke's guards.

Lol, I never said he would tear apart Thor. Can you read? I'm saying with his recent showings, Zod would be a good fight for Thor.

And Hal's recent showing doesn't erase all the uber showings he's had recently.

xJLxKing
Hal Jordan has ONE bad showing against a Kryptonian and suddenly he sucks?

Zack M
Just like apparently Black Adam sucks, but he doesn't really have any bad showings. Unless you want to include an amped Kryptonian.

xJLxKing
Weird how both character "low" showing is related with Kryptonians...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing

Who said he sucks? Zack M said he was Trans Tier when he was clearly presented as his typical Green Lantern self, and I presented compelling evidence as to why.

Originally posted by Zack M
Lol, I never said he would tear apart Thor. Can you read? I'm saying with his recent showings, Zod would be a good fight for Thor.

And Hal's recent showing doesn't erase all the uber showings he's had recently.

Fair enough. I assumed you were agreeing with Abhiligend. My apologies.

abhilegend
You think Zod can rip Thor limb from limb and Thor's axe is as efficient as a regular knife? Lol, what an idiot.

It's what's going to happen mongoliad.

And Canada has always been USA'S *****. Be thankful for your sugar daddy kiddo.

abhilegend

In the current GLC book, he is consistently above top tiers. He was even able to go toe to toe with metal golems who along with Orion destroyed an entire solar system with just the shockwaves of their attacks, tanked Mogo amped by hundreds of Lanterns, incinerated Parallax Sinestro, overpowered a sentient Krona's gauntlet. Even in current Metal issue he kicked the shit out of Starro and Ominar Synn and took Dawnbreaker to his limit who had the power of a whole CPB.

Odinson wishes he was anywhere near Hal Jordan level of power.

abhilegend
Who said he sucks? Zack M said he was Trans Tier when he was clearly presented as his typical Green Lantern self, and I presented compelling evidence as to why.

How is he shown at typical GL self? What is a typical GL self? Even Jessica Cruz can sustain a shattered entire planet at half willpower inside a supernova and survive a black hole at 6% willpower.

Hal isn't weak because hd was beaten by Zod. Zod is just that ****ing powerful.

krisblaze
No Hal is definitely that weak.

Thor loses tho

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
No Hal is definitely that weak.

Thor loses tho
Yo mama is that weak.

Or something like that.

Damborgson
Jesus Christ Abhi, too far. That's his mother. Reported. erm

DarkSaint85
Who has the axe hurt, who ISN'T Celestial/Celestial tech?

Damborgson
Proxima Midnight, Gorr, Thor himself.

DarkSaint85
Gorr is the only one I'm impressed by, tbh.

In h2h (i.e without her spear) PM was low meta level.

I thought there was more.

Damborgson
Well i mean fed Galactus and the destroyer too.

Philosophía
Zod would one-shot Thor.

Not even joking.

abhilegend
Jesus Christ Abhi, too far. That's his mother. Reported. erm
Here I thought it was just how Americans talk.

The Sorrow
Axe only gave Cho superficial damage too. Zod punches Thor to sleep.

abhilegend
Well i mean fed Galactus and the destroyer too.
Galactus scene is from an alternate timeline. The artist from the Destroyer scene confirmed it was just stuck in the wedges on Destroyer arm. Odinson couldn't cut Destroyer when he slashed its chest.

celeyhyga17
How is he shown at typical GL self? What is a typical GL self? Even Jessica Cruz can sustain a shattered entire planet at half willpower inside a supernova and survive a black hole at 6% willpower.

I thought it had not gone nova yet.

And was it really a black hole?

Delta1938

It's cheap and easy. Much like yo mama.

quanchi112

Rage.Of.Olympus
Galactus scene is from an alternate timeline. The artist from the Destroyer scene confirmed it was just stuck in the wedges on Destroyer arm. Odinson couldn't cut Destroyer when he slashed its chest.

What? We see the axe chip at the Destroyer's arm and it's seen leaking energy in the next page.

Thor FIRST tried and the axe bounced off the Destroyer. Then Cul had his mother by the throat and a much angrier Thor hit him next and specifically points out that he intends to CLAIM his arm:
https://s14.postimg.org/aw7oo5c8t/RCO010.jpg

As a matter of fact, it's the same arm that Mangog bites through a few issues later you autistic f*cktard.

It was a potential (Actually, the most PROBABLE, at least in the Thor comics) future, but so what? This was a fed Galactus, who even before he feasted, was able to fight King Thor on a scale that was felt across a galaxy.

So let's take stock of what the axe has done under Jason Aaron:
- It hurt the Destroyer.
- It hurt Galactus.
- It chopped off Thor's arm.
- It almost cut Apocalypse in half.
- It chopped off Gor's arm.

You genuinely think, that the axe wouldn't f*ck Zod's shit up, especially if the magic weakness was acknowledged? It's not going to affect Zod at all? Who on top of it all, is less vulnerable to mystic based objects. Your mom should have swallowed.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's what's going to happen mongoliad.

And Canada has always been USA'S *****. Be thankful for your sugar daddy kiddo.

You don't believe that in the slightest. If you do, you're a delusional moron.

Zod isn't doing anything remotely similar to ripping Thor apart. He'd be lucky to even knock him out.

The axe, would f*ck his shit up, BAD. If he had a force field or something of the sort, it would be different. Diana's sword, heated by heat vision, easily burned Ursa's face with just a touch, but Zod is going to laugh off the axe like a regular knife? You're retarded.

What about that sentence was confusing?

Philosophía
Diana's sword, heated by heat vision, easily burned Ursa's face with just a touch, but Zod is going to laugh off the axe like a regular knife? You're retarded. Superman/Wonder Woman is not canon to current Zod.

The axe would never hit him.

Zod could pin Thor down and rape him, if he wanted.

Damborgson

Never. We Americans only speak the finest language.

celeyhyga17
Damn.. DC continuity forever phukked up.

quanchi112

Rage.Of.Olympus

abhilegend
I thought it had not gone nova yet.

And was it really a black hole?
No, it had gone Nova. It's inner core had not exploded.

Yes it was a living black hole.

abhilegend
What? We see the axe chip at the Destroyer's arm and it's seen leaking energy in the next page.

That's not what the artist who drew the page said.
Thor isn't hulk who gets stronger with anger despite what your retarded fantasy tells you.

What betason claimed, he did not do. Not for the first time either.

Are you seriously retarded? That issue was published in 2015. How is that related anyway?

It's only a possible future and does not relates anyway to 616 reality.

Aaron's Galactus is a ***** of the highest magnitude anyway.

It had little effect on any of these fights except betason getting emasculated.

What a surprise.

No, he would get a slash and then shove the axe up betason's ass.

It's not a game changer in any fight for last three years except against celestials.

It's going to slash Zod. That's it.

Your father should've had vasectomy. You're a waste of sperm.

DarkSaint85
Tbf, a metal bar, heated by HV, would also burn faces .....

abhilegend
You don't believe that in the slightest. If you do, you're a delusional moron.

Now, now. Just because you have autism, it's not an excuse for such a behavior.

He broke Superman's arm. He shattered Henshaw. He punched a hole in Eradicator.

He literally blasted away half of his own head. He would literally rend betason from limb to limb if he wanted.

Faotat isn't Zod retard.

It's going to slash Zod who just gets angry and ****s betason worse than Jane did.

Everything about you is confusing. Autism would do that.

abhilegend
Why is Superman/Wonder Woman no longer canon to Zod?

Yes it will.

Thor's not a 5'10 shortie like yourself. If Zod tried grappling Thor, he'd get a thunderbolt up his ass, and an axe down his throat.
Because the relationship itself is retconned out by Superman reborn.

Even Superman wasn't able to sense Zod when he tried to sneak up Superman.

Betason would be lucky to see Zod before he gets his remaining ass ****ed up after whatever Jane left him with.

abhilegend
Never. We Americans only speak the finest language.
Talk to your retarded neighbor then and teach him. He is unfortunately illiterate as well I'm afraid.

celeyhyga17
No, it had gone Nova. It's inner core had not exploded.

Yes it was a living black hole.
That's what I'm saying. Technically they tried to evac the planet before the actual core collapse or explosion. It was in the process of going nova.

And yeah maybe ure right about the "living black hole". I was just pointing out that it wasn't an actual black hole. Something more esoteric.

abhilegend
That's what I'm saying. Technically they tried to evac the planet before the actual core collapse or explosion. It was in the process of going nova.

And yeah maybe ure right about the "living black hole". I was just pointing out that it wasn't an actual black hole. Something more esoteric.
The temperature and pressure of the supernova was still there and she protected an entire planet +population at half power. It's a gargantuan feat, even top heralds in marvel don't have such a feat.

It's a classic black hole which even absorbed light. There is nothing to indicate it was different.

celeyhyga17
The temperature and pressure of the supernova was still there and she protected an entire planet +population at half power. It's a gargantuan feat, even top heralds in marvel don't have such a feat.

It's a classic black hole which even absorbed light. There is nothing to indicate it was different.
Not saying it wasn't. The way u describe is always a bit misleading. And like I said, the star actually had not exploded yet.

Classic bh? Maybe... Doubt it though.
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PFvkJ8EbIuM/Wie03uFJTnI/AAAAAAAAQ4I/CfhUYkxXl9QJ7OWg-PtX5BUaylHGQVOEQCLcBGAs/s1600/004_0013.jpg

abhilegend
Not saying it wasn't. The way u describe is always a bit misleading. And like I said, the star actually had not exploded yet.

Only its core had not exploded and it was about to explode within minutes.

That was just her hallucination. Nothing more.

celeyhyga17
Only its core had not exploded and it was about to explode within minutes.

Not sure what ure saying here.

That was just her hallucination. Nothing more.
Normal black holes don't usually choose to suck in your insides and leave a pile of skin.
erm

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qDlKU-yk028/Wgw3nYj7qcI/AAAAAAAAB_A/3QXZESQHzPcnA3Z9HdE9_tg5DJ2XckOogCLcBGAs/s1600/022_0019.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qwjwU_TQbTQ/Wgw3n0YbZeI/AAAAAAAAB_E/eroPbDgbUAc3hWRT_YD-KpY1VNCjMtncwCLcBGAs/s1600/022_0020.jpg

carver9

Was getting owned by Diana and outright destroyed by Orion. I wouldn't call those bad showings but the consistency is there. Bricks vs Lanterns ends with them getting dominated.

Philosophía
Why is Superman/Wonder Woman no longer canon to Zod? This question is hilarious, given how obvious it is for anybody reading the comics.

Besides the fact that Superman and WW's relationship stories are out of continuity? The current version of Zod has Ursa as a wife and a kid, with Faora literally retconned out of continuity, making that story impossible:

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/general-zods-family-escapes-the-phantom-zone-3.jpg

In the WW story, Superman and Zod meet for the first time, and it's Zod's first time entering the DCU. That has been taken out of continuity by Superman Reborn, in which it's made clear that the post-crisis version of Zod is now the canon one. Superman takes him to the fortress of solitude in the Wonder Woman arc, but in the Superman Revenge Squad he finds out about it for the first time. etc. Dozens of things that one with even basic knowledge would know.

Thor's not a 5'10 shortie like yourself. If Zod tried grappling Thor, he'd get a thunderbolt up his ass, and an axe down his throat.

Damn, I really did a number on you in that talk. I even forgot about you being a pu*sy in front of your girlfriend and family. You really spend your days thinking of it, aren't you?

Which makes the fact that you're bragging about things like country of birth and height in this thread, which are out of a person's control , while obviously being a beta in the things that you can control, even more hilarious. The fact that I never said my height is even weirder.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You typed a lot of useless information and have yet to explain to me why it is non-canon. Inconsistencies in stories, happen literally ALL the time. Half the writers of Thor completely ignore the work of the previous one and basically write a completely different Asgard, with various stories changed.

You still haven't explained why it's non-canon? Inconsistencies =/= non-canon. Is there a panel that specifically says it's a different Zod, or a different variation?

This part: "That has been taken out of continuity by Superman Reborn, in which it's made clear that the post-crisis version of Zod is now the canon one."

Tweaks to Superman' story line, like OWAW being canon now, would make sense why Superman's history would be convoluted, but explain to me why it changes anything from Zod. From what I understand, the relationship never existed, but that just involves Superman being a c*ck wiped from continuity. At best, you are describing a fresh take on the character.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's not what the artist who drew the page said.
Thor isn't hulk who gets stronger with anger despite what your retarded fantasy tells you.

What betason claimed, he did not do. Not for the first time either.

Are you seriously retarded? That issue was published in 2015. How is that related anyway?

It's only a possible future and does not relates anyway to 616 reality.

Aaron's Galactus is a ***** of the highest magnitude anyway.

It had little effect on any of these fights except betason getting emasculated.

What a surprise.

No, he would get a slash and then shove the axe up betason's ass.

It's not a game changer in any fight for last three years except against celestials.

It's going to slash Zod. That's it.

Your father should've had vasectomy. You're a waste of sperm.

I don't care what the artist said (Also, post the source for it), I am telling you, what was drawn not in ONE panel, but in TWO, WITH dialogue supporting it. He is contradicted by his OWN work and Jason Aaron's work.

Thor has multiple examples of getting angry and outperforming his previous attempts. He holds back significantly. Everyone from Luke Cage to Namor has done this.

It's a classic comic trope you mudwater drinking idiot.

Except, that it is, or was, directly canon to the 616, with Loki being able to travel from the future to the past, and Doom from the past to that exact future. On different occasions. It IS the future in the Thor comics.

It'd be disingenuous to disprove it, as it goes in-line with the previous showings of Aaron's about the axe.

What? It hurt the sh*t out of Galactus, took out Gorr, took out Apocalypse (Who, even without indestructible Celestial armor, is incredibly hard to hurt because of shape-shifting and innate durability), took out Thor and was the only thing to even scratch the Destroyer in the last 4 years aside from Mangog (That includes Freya, the Phoenix, Gladiator etc.). You are legit retarded.

It...it literally ended like 4 different fights with one clean hit of the actual blade you mongoloid.

DarkSaint85
Inconsistencies do happen all the time, true....but coming just after an event which literally changes his history?

Plus, I'd say Faora not existing is a pretty big inconsistency.....

Rage.Of.Olympus
Inconsistencies do happen all the time, true....but coming just after an event which literally changes his history?

Plus, I'd say Faora not existing is a pretty big inconsistency.....

I agree, but he's saying it's non-canon. That's a pretty big leap.

There are plenty of things I'd like to argue are non-canon. The All-Mother (Idunn, Freya, Gaea) was completely retconned under Fraction compared to the last writer for example. It doesn't render any stories with the previous incarnation non-canon. Since when do we assume certain things are non-canon unless specifically stated so?

Almost 90% the writer after Aaron completely ignores everything done with Jane and does a 180 on Odin. It's a consistent pattern for the Thor comics. It doesn't change his shitty character change or make it inadmissible.

Philosophía
You typed a lot of useless information and have yet to explain to me why it is non-canon. Inconsistencies in stories, happen literally ALL the time.

Is there a panel that specifically says it's a different Zod, or a different variation?

There's a difference between inconsistencies, and all of the plot elements being retconned out of existence. What part of Faora not being canon anymore as an actual character, and her being replaced in current continuity with Zod's wife and kid , Superman Wonder Woman not being together , Zod not meeting Superman there for the first time, Zod not being left alone in the fortress by Superman due to Clark not knowing that he is evil not happening, Zod then being retconned as ever being in the fortress etc. does not register?

You're getting stomped for your lack of knowledge. Go back in the corner, I don't have time for this.

DarkSaint85
So if Faora doesn't exist.....how did the fight between WW/Supes/Faora/Zod go down?

Philosophía
So if Faora doesn't exist.....how did the fight between WW/Supes/Faora/Zod go down? Rage is so dumb, that he is low-key making a respect thread here for Zod, showing that he took Superman and Wonder Woman alone.

carver9
You typed a lot of useless information and have yet to explain to me why it is non-canon. Inconsistencies in stories, happen literally ALL the time. Half the writers of Thor completely ignore the work of the previous one and basically write a completely different Asgard, with various stories changed.

You still haven't explained why it's non-canon? Inconsistencies =/= non-canon. Is there a panel that specifically says it's a different Zod, or a different variation?

This part: "That has been taken out of continuity by Superman Reborn, in which it's made clear that the post-crisis version of Zod is now the canon one."

Tweaks to Superman' story line, like OWAW being canon now, would make sense why Superman's history would be convoluted, but explain to me why it changes anything from Zod. From what I understand, the relationship never existed, but that just involves Superman being a c*ck wiped from continuity. At best, you are describing a fresh take on the character.

Another question should be, what happened to Zod and Faora if they are no longer Canon. I'm talking about the Zod that fought Superman "before" the rebirth.

cdtm
So if Faora doesn't exist.....how did the fight between WW/Supes/Faora/Zod go down?

That's the question.

We know events still happened. We also know details changed, like Superboys existence.

I'm inclined to believe Ursa merely replaces Faora, but who really knows?

Zods kid has no reason to hate on Supes in the original version, that's for sure. (And didn't he die? He was Nightwing, or Nightbird or something.)

Philosophía
Originally posted by cdtm
That's the question.

We know events still happened. We also know details changed, like Superboys existence.

Zods kid has no reason to hate on Supes in the original version, that's for sure. (And didn't he die? He was Nightwing, or Nightbird or something.)

The Superman/WW storyline couldn't have happened, for all the reasons I stated, and more. I didn't even get into the fact that Brian Azzarello's run has been retconned out of existence, so Apollo also isn't present in that story...

He was, and he grew up, he wasn't a kid. Apparently that part of post-Crisis continuity is no longer canon either. And it's only natural, since Jon has been his sole kid for most of the current continuity.

DarkSaint85
That's the question.

That's Dick Grayson, noob.

cdtm
That's Dick Grayson, noob.

Different Nightwing, Carver-bait. stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
Different Nightwing, Carver-bait. stick out tongue

Not clicking on that link, I bet it's full of misinformation thumb up

Philosophía
Not clicking on that link, I bet it's full of misinformation thumb up It's dragon hentai.

You wouldn't like it.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus

Flip Faora for Ursa, does it really change anything? Not really. They hardly have established and well known traits that would distinguish them.

You can use this logic for so many other showings but no one does. It always does seem to pop up in Superman threads though.

quanchi112
You haven't answered my questions.

Nothing you have posted indicates specifically that these events DID NOT happen, or that they happened in a completely DIFFERENT way. Ergo, they are still very much canon.

I don't know why your dumbass thinks complicating the matters and ignoring the showing is justifiable by inconsistencies. Comics play to the lowest common denominator. There isn't some secret retcon that has never been mentioned but should be obvious to the people who have read every single issue and no one else.

If this was intended to be the real Zod, and a completely different being from the past one, it would have been made abundantly clear. Wonder Woman's mythos is going through a complete revamp, the past is still canon.

Why are you so dumb? thumb up

Damborgson

Zack M
Continuity is pretty wonky now.

xJLxKing

abhilegend
Not sure what ure saying here.

What about that is confusing?

abhilegend
I don't care what the artist said (Also, post the source for it), I am telling you, what was drawn not in ONE panel, but in TWO, WITH dialogue supporting it. He is contradicted by his OWN work and Jason Aaron's work.

Of course, because you're the sole guardian of Betason's pride and everything.

He said the axe was just wedged into the arm. It's simply how it is ragey boy.

That's not what happened here.

It's not what's happening here shooting lad.

Except it's not. Future characters can travel back to the present all the time. Look at Cable. Or Rachel Summers. Or Bishop.

X men have literally created this trope monkey boy.

No, it doesn't counts despite whatever garbage you're spewing.

Galactus scene is literally not applicable, Gorr wasn't out and he had his nose chewed off by young Thor, Apocalypse is a ***** (Young Thor took a direct hit from the axe and it was flesh wound only). It took out Betason when he was literally held by two frost giants (lol). Before that an apocalypse twin tried that to Thor and it did nothing.

Destroyer scene is literally invalidated by the artist himself.

Which are these 4 fights monkey boy?

quanchi112
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohs4ugio1MWjaActG/giphy.gif laughing out loud

Rage is just decimating Phil into little pieces.

Damborgson
Not quite where I was heading with that laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
What about that is confusing?

That only shows she chose to suck his inner organs.

Nvm.
At least you agree that the star had not exploded. Great feat, but you know...

Right.... Like a standard black hole. Right.......
Like I said, it's not a "classic black hole".

So let's take stock of what the axe has done under Jason Aaron:
- It hurt the Destroyer.
- It hurt Galactus.
- It chopped off Thor's arm.
- It almost cut Apocalypse in half.
- It chopped off Gor's arm.
- It smashed physical form of Beyonders
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122896/4769886-enhanced-13497-1430340119-9.png

You genuinely think, that the axe wouldn't f*ck Zod's shit up, especially if the magic weakness was acknowledged? It's not going to affect Zod at all? Who on top of it all, is less vulnerable to mystic based objects. Your mom should have swallowed.
Fixed your list. Looks quite high end to me.

If Jarnbjorn connects, it would hurt a lot. It's silly if anyone thinks GZ will just shrugg it off.

A lesser mystic weapon wielded by infinitely weaker opponents have hurt him bad.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/--zl-wl6BauE/V-t5UkqSVlI/AAAAAAAAAgw/PjabzOvT5asgR0VY2yF87FOkq_AvjCNagCLcB/s1600/11_06.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VFEdv0BQ7Ec/V-t5U8tFnHI/AAAAAAAAAg0/dYjhsaU-bu8DSerhLrAwv-eDkuK7wanPwCLcB/s1600/11_07.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LzcAqUmGPdw/V-t5UzCU_VI/AAAAAAAAAg4/bngxcIdUdscZTv6Zd8Dz9YBTXxYbHfVkACLcB/s1600/11_08.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-x_ewipiD2FU/WN98cEODKPI/AAAAAAAChn8/UPs5KueGmAYfXRY2usAEMioVYr5-EhbBACLcB/s1600/520_08.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-brg45MowYZc/WN98cLFz6SI/AAAAAAAChn0/0bKTs8PDHKMOECjwBDIik0PyUkZuQrNzwCLcB/s1600/520_09.jpg

DarkSaint85
Soulcutter (Katanas....katana) was able to break the unbreakable sword of Rustam.

Which was capable of cutting holes in dimensions.

Just saying.

abhilegend
Nvm.

I never said the star was exploded.

As a living black hole, she was able to control the gravity.

And later he defeated Eradicator, Cyborg Superman, Enchantress and the rest of the suicide squad together while missing part of his head.

Jarnbjorn had never been a game changer in any fight with a herald.

celeyhyga17
Soulcutter (Katanas....katana) was able to break the unbreakable sword of Rustam.

Just saying.
Hmm... Really?
Never knew Rustam's psi-scimitar was characterized as being "unbreakable".
Cutting holes in dimensions?

Anyways...
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3371955-katana-003-%282013%29-%282-covers%29-%28digital%29-%28nahga-empire%29-19.jpg

Oh, and it's called soultaker.

Philosophía

DarkSaint85
Hmm... Really?
Never knew Rustam's psi-scimitar was characterized as being "unbreakable".
Cutting holes in dimensions?

Anyways...
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3371955-katana-003-%282013%29-%282-covers%29-%28digital%29-%28nahga-empire%29-19.jpg

Oh, and it's called soultaker.

Oh yeah, 'nothing could stop Rustams blade'.

Yeah he used to open portals to zip around the world with it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nvm.

Right.... Like a standard black hole. Right.......
Like I said, it's not a "classic black hole".

Fixed your list. Looks quite high end to me.

If Jarnbjorn connects, it would hurt a lot. It's silly if anyone thinks GZ will just shrugg it off.

A lesser mystic weapon wielded by infinitely weaker opponents have hurt him bad.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/--zl-wl6BauE/V-t5UkqSVlI/AAAAAAAAAgw/PjabzOvT5asgR0VY2yF87FOkq_AvjCNagCLcB/s1600/11_06.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VFEdv0BQ7Ec/V-t5U8tFnHI/AAAAAAAAAg0/dYjhsaU-bu8DSerhLrAwv-eDkuK7wanPwCLcB/s1600/11_07.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LzcAqUmGPdw/V-t5UzCU_VI/AAAAAAAAAg4/bngxcIdUdscZTv6Zd8Dz9YBTXxYbHfVkACLcB/s1600/11_08.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-x_ewipiD2FU/WN98cEODKPI/AAAAAAAChn8/UPs5KueGmAYfXRY2usAEMioVYr5-EhbBACLcB/s1600/520_08.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-brg45MowYZc/WN98cLFz6SI/AAAAAAAChn0/0bKTs8PDHKMOECjwBDIik0PyUkZuQrNzwCLcB/s1600/520_09.jpg

laughing out loud

Two mortals with a magic sword were f*cking him up. He got bitched by Flag.

Clearly the axe, will do nothing. And obviously it would NEVER hit. Not a chance. SMH.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Just saying.

Thor's axe has survived battling in a Sun. It has clashed with Mjolnir. It survived cutting Exitar open and it's molten energy unscathed.

It's not even in the same category as weapons.

DarkSaint85
Conversely, Power Man and Cho.

Whilst I am fully aware Power Man was amped, you're acting like it's Celestial level whilst ignoring it's enchantment which enables it to be designed specifically for them.

abhilegend

Two mortals with a magic sword were f*cking him up. He got bitched by Flag.

Clearly the axe, will do nothing. And obviously it would NEVER hit. Not a chance. SMH.
He was unstable and had been reduced to Hulk level intelligence.

Let's see the same mortals along with Cyborg Superman and Eradicator trying to beat him.

Originally posted by Galan007
Suicide Squad:
https://s3.postimg.org/e8jxf5kyn/Suicide_Squad_019-005.jpg https://s3.postimg.org/dx2h2e4in/Suicide_Squad_019-006.jpg https://s3.postimg.org/9p7otn333/Suicide_Squad_019-008.jpg https://s3.postimg.org/mun6zqwyn/Suicide_Squad_019-009.jpg https://s3.postimg.org/ibaye8f33/Suicide_Squad_019-011.jpg

https://s3.postimg.org/3qtvjek4f/Suicide_Squad_019-014.jpg https://s3.postimg.org/l7xzeikwv/Suicide_Squad_019-015.jpg https://s3.postimg.org/6fxv0x4db/Suicide_Squad_019-018.jpg https://s3.postimg.org/kxv28wvof/Suicide_Squad_019-019.jpg https://s3.postimg.org/hplzi4k0v/Suicide_Squad_019-020.jpg

Zod is a f*cking beast...

Odinson would be lucky to beat any one of Eradicator, Cyborg Superman or Enchantress. Defeating all three at once? Forget about it.

Even marvel doesn't gives him that much respect.

abhilegend
Thor's axe has survived battling in a Sun. It has clashed with Mjolnir. It survived cutting Exitar open and it's molten energy unscathed.

It's not even in the same category as weapons.
Zod has blasted half of his head away with his heat vision and kryptoninans can casually take sun's and even supernovas.

Obviously Zod kills Odinson with a blast of heat vision.

Right?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Zod has blasted half of his head away with his heat vision and kryptoninans can casually take sun's and even supernovas.

Obviously Zod kills Odinson with a blast of heat vision.

Right?

What are you even talking about you moron?

Are you trying to compare durability feats? I was referring to the durability of Thor's axe and at the level it operates that is IMO superior to the sword of Rustam and Soulcutter.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Let's see the same mortals along with Cyborg Superman and Eradicator trying to beat him.

That doesn't change that he was significantly hurt by the sword. And, no. He wasn't Hulk level.

Odinson would be lucky to beat any one of Eradicator, Cyborg Superman or Enchantress. Defeating all three at once? Forget about it.

Even marvel doesn't gives him that much respect.

Thor one-shot Hela, Promixa Midnight and Black Swan with one blast casually.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Conversely, Power Man and Cho.

Whilst I am fully aware Power Man was amped, you're acting like it's Celestial level whilst ignoring it's enchantment which enables it to be designed specifically for them.

Cho was bloodied and has an instantaneous healing factor. And Thor was trying his best to hold back while being controlled on top of being significantly weakened.

DarkSaint85
Cho was bloodied and has an instantaneous healing factor. And Thor was trying his best to hold back while being controlled on top of being significantly weakened.

And his axe? Which was parried by random Sakaaran weaponry?

As I said, acting like it's Celestial/Galactus-busting level is a bit misleading.

Btw, for celey - this is Rustam's sword opening portals:

https://s5.postimg.org/4d5ydg2xz/RCO005_1486636717.jpg

It also blocks magic, like Enchantress' shackles:
https://s5.postimg.org/pmtkoabiv/RCO011_1487790961.jpg
https://s5.postimg.org/r1v5d04w7/RCO012_1487790961.jpg

As for Zod - he had just emerged from the PZ where he had been trapped, under the ocean for god knows how long. IOW, no sun. Just pointing that out.

celeyhyga17
Oh yeah, 'nothing could stop Rustams blade'.

Yeah he used to open portals to zip around the world with it.
That's where you got unbreakable from?

Portals? Not sure how that connotes "unbreakable".

DarkSaint85
That's where you got unbreakable from?

Portals? Not sure how that connotes "unbreakable".

No, the portal comment was in direct reply to this:

But yeah, that's where I got the unbreakable from. Flowery language? Possibly.

But he directly says that nothing can stop it - and then she stops it.

IOW, her katana is pretty potent. Against a sun-deprived Zod? Sure, it slashed him.

Would Jarnbjorn slash Zod up? Sure. Not saying he's tanking it, lol. But acting like it's Destroyer/Fed Galactus/Exitar level, when it was straight up tanked by Power Man, parried by Cho with a random sword, and he had to rage himself up to hurt the Destroyer, is misleading.

Moreover, even when it IS Celstial kryptonite...

http://i.imgur.com/3zL5gMn.jpg

What's stopping Zod (who has reactions way up there) from just....doing what Apoc does?

celeyhyga17
Soultaker has also broken Diana's sword. Yet it was easily shattered by Croc.
The sci-scimitar though seems to lack the feats for "unbreakable". Calling it unbreakable though? That's misleading.
Lol though in comics nothing truly is, and usually "unbreakable" things have a habbit of breaking for wow factor.

For Jarnbjorn, you seemed to think it was unimpressive. I dont think anyone is claiming that Odinson swings and the universe shatters. That's pretty obvious. Rage's list speaks for itself. Add them all up, that average is kinda nutz.

And sure... GZ can definitely do that in your scan. Don't think anyone is arguing that otherwise.

xJLxKing

celeyhyga17

some people are trying make it look like the Axe is not a downgrade from the hammer

Hmm..
I'd love to see that. Cause u know, it's kind of impossible.

MrMind
lol at thorfags

Damborgson
Another excellent contribution by Mr.Mind

quanchi112
Originally posted by MrMind
lol at thorfags

You are so upset. Thor loves it.

abhilegend
What are you even talking about you moron?

Are you trying to compare durability feats? I was referring to the durability of Thor's axe and at the level it operates that is IMO superior to the sword of Rustam and Soulcutter.
Does it? Let's see how many fights Odinson has won with it, huh? Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That doesn't change that he was significantly hurt by the sword. And, no. He wasn't Hulk level.

Thor one-shot Hela, Promixa Midnight and Black Swan with one blast casually.
He wasn't hurt significantly. He was cut, that's it.

Weakened Hela. Proxima midnight and black swan? Both are ****ing jokes.

Betason lost to ****ing Ulik in that series.

abhilegend
Pretty sure that you can't hold back the edge of an axe.

Maybe you can. Why don't you try it on yourself?

celeyhyga17
Does it? Let's see how many fights Odinson has won with it, huh?

Ulik ran from that fight. He collapsed the bunker then fled with his trolls.

You're better off saying that Odinson was overwhelmed and imprisoned by Collector's goons a bunch of times.

abhilegend
Ulik ran from that fight. He collapsed the bunker then fled with his trolls.

You're better off saying that Odinson was overwhelmed and imprisoned by Collector's goons a bunch of times.
It's rage who said he lost to Ulik though.

8swords
wanna ask this, even when the axe can dismember GZ, is there any showing that thor could do it? against fast/er opponents?

abhilegend
Shh, Thorbags like to pretend Odinson is just as fast as any character he fights.

celeyhyga17
It's rage who said he lost to Ulik though.
He has Alzheimer's..

Sin I AM
Saint quit lowballing and using young Thor as a reference

Thor did fine against Ulik. But Ulik did tuck tail and run. Then Thor tossed his axe at him and missed. Ulik then trolled him.

Thor is fast enough to go h2h with Zod. Abhi quit pretending Zod blitzes everyone.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Saint quit lowballing and using young Thor as a reference

Thor did fine against Ulik. But Ulik did tuck tail and run. Then Thor tossed his axe at him and missed. Ulik then trolled him.

Thor is fast enough to go h2h with Zod. Abhi quit pretending Zod blitzes everyone.

Hardly low-balling...when in comparison, one side is using a street level guy as a reference point. Against a weakened Zod no less.

Jarnbjorn has very few appearances. Very few showings against non Celestials (I'm specifically ignoring them, because of the enchantments).

So we have a future Galactus (ropey), the Destroyer, Cho, and Power Man.

The Destroyer needed Thor to rage up - his previous two shots hardly did anything.

He was weakened and fighting back against Cho.

All in all, I'd say Jarnbjorn is powerful, but its no Mjolnir.

Using Young Thor to show that even with the enchantment, it still needs to tag Zod.

Sin I AM
its not arguable. the axe IS less than the hammer. but its still a plot weapon and is effective.

thors power recently has depended on his anger, his confidence and not holding back. one minute hes getting on shot by mooks the next hes channeling lighting through his arm and wrecking elites.

of course it has to tag Zod. its not an aoe weapon. and Zod has been hit by less and he loves to brawl. using young thor in any capacity is disingenous because young thor and unworthy thor are two completely different beasts.

DarkSaint85
Yet both hurl their axes (against Apoc, and against Ulik).

So their mindsets are still pretty similar.

Sin I AM
Yet both hurl their axes (against Apoc, and against Ulik).

So their mindsets are still pretty similar.

he hurled his ax in frustration against ulik. YT was just stupid.

Thing is Thor currently isnt HH. Hes a solid Low herald with the potential but he lacks the mindset unless properly motivated. so he will lose against Zod who is currently getting the kryptonian handjob but its not a stomp

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
he hurled his ax in frustration against ulik. YT was just stupid.

Thing is Thor currently isnt HH. Hes a solid Low herald with the potential but he lacks the mindset unless properly motivated. so he will lose against Zod who is currently getting the kryptonian handjob but its not a stomp

thumb up

You have made the Valentine's waiting list.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pretty sure that you can't hold back the edge of an axe.

Maybe you can. Why don't you try it on yourself?

You...can chose how hard you hit and whether to use the flat of the weapon. Like what are you arguing? That the weapon did no damage? We saw Cho covered in blood....

Was he not damaged fatally? Yes, but again, the Hulk has an instantaneous healing factor. ESPECIALLY under Greg Pak. It was also implied that Thor was about to deliver the killing blow when striking Amadeus as he was playing rope-a-dope.

And again, Thor was significantly weakened compared to the Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Does it? Let's see how many fights Odinson has won with it, huh?

I listed the relevant fights where it made the difference you moron....

What? Black Swan isn't physically powerful but her mental powers is very competent. For example, she was easily contending with Jane Thor. And so is Proxima with her spear as seen against Hulk.

Odinson didn't lose to Ulik. He was hit ONCE by surprise, unharmed, and was in a completely demotivated mindset:
https://s14.postimg.org/shc1ifb9p/RCO010_w_1478146791.jpg https://s14.postimg.org/oxq3smg9p/RCO011_1478146791.jpg https://s14.postimg.org/8zhe2htrh/RCO012_1478146791.jpg

Like, are you retarded? The whole point of that series is that Thor finds himself again, and he goes from being on the receiving end from Ulik to easily stomping the Grandmaster.

You are legit a retard.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hardly low-balling...when in comparison, one side is using a street level guy as a reference point. Against a weakened Zod no less.

Jarnbjorn has very few appearances. Very few showings against non Celestials (I'm specifically ignoring them, because of the enchantments).

So we have a future Galactus (ropey), the Destroyer, Cho, and Power Man.

The Destroyer needed Thor to rage up - his previous two shots hardly did anything.

He was weakened and fighting back against Cho.

All in all, I'd say Jarnbjorn is powerful, but its no Mjolnir.

Using Young Thor to show that even with the enchantment, it still needs to tag Zod.

Why does that matter? The Destroyer is one of the most durable things in comics....

The fact that it even chipped the armor, is enough to prove it would ruin Zod's day.

We also have Apocalypse (Why do people forget he is incredibly hard to hurt based on his own biological durability and shape shifting?)
https://s14.postimg.org/dmng4t6zx/RCO008.jpg https://s14.postimg.org/rt3701pkt/RCO009.jpg https://s14.postimg.org/78yd1kp99/RCO010.jpg https://s14.postimg.org/fshqyr559/RCO011.jpg https://s14.postimg.org/rgbstw265/RCO012.jpg https://s14.postimg.org/askardk99/RCO013.jpg https://s14.postimg.org/askardzot/RCO014.jpg

And Gorr the God Butcher, and Thor himself...

I don't even understand the point of this conversation anymore. There can be no doubt that if the axe hit Zod, it would f*ck him up seriously. It's an impossibly durable axe with a mystical enchantment forged, most likely from Uru. The only thing that would make it more effective is that if it radiated kryptonite.

We should be debating on whether or not Zod will engage in close combat and allow Thor to do so. Tbh, I think he likes getting his hands dirty and would most certaintly leave himself exposed. If nothing else, but out of arrogance.

celeyhyga17

There seems to be a disconnect here.
The whole point was if a weapon like Jarnbjorn could actually hurt GZ. Wasn't really about street levelers or an unbalanced Zod. For some reason, a certain someone made claims that it's as useful as a random knife used against a top tier.

Highly unlikely when the guy who is wielding the axe has top tier strength and his opponent is particularly vulnerable to magic.

Hardly lowballing when the scans presented completely shoot down that claim.

Btw do u have those scans where soultaker broke the psi-scimitar?

abhilegend
You...can chose how hard you hit and whether to use the flat of the weapon. Like what are you arguing? That the weapon did no damage? We saw Cho covered in blood....

He wasn't using flat end of the axe. Cho had superficial scars and that's it.

On a weakened Cho Hulk no less.

Not on Sakaar where he was weakened.

Cho was holding back and letting Odinson beat him. When he had enough, he flattened Betason in one punch.

Yeah, yeah. Tell us how much the axe was weakened.

abhilegend
I listed the relevant fights where it made the difference you moron....

Did you now? You're essentially saying Odinson wins here because of the axe when it hasn't done that in any fight.

And? It's not like Betason took some mental whammy or took the weight of a star.

He only BFRed them together. Black Swan being incapacitated by Jarnjborn isn't much surprising. Black Panther has oneshotted her. Luke Cage was beating down Midnight.

What does that makes you monkey boy?

Except his loss to Ulik where he was depressed he's been a beast.

Collector was getting owned by toothgnasher of all things.

But are you saying Betason can beat Zod physically here monkey boy? That'd be a hoot.

Damborgson
Wait, are you calling Rage Monkey Boy because he's black? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Or saying he's got the intelligence of a monkey?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>