Spider-man Vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/3853/810966-vsnamor.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.
Midtown Manhattan 1 block start distance.

These two have mixed it up many times in Marvel's history.
Where do you stand on who wins?
Have they had what you'd consider a definitive fight?
Does that matter in a forum fight, and who wins it?

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/f/f6/Namor_McKenzie_%28Earth-616%29_vs_Spider-Man.jpg

Sin I AM
namor wrecks him. none holding back he gives top tiers pause.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Sin I AM
none holding back he gives top tiers pause. I agree, that's why Spider-Man annihilates him thumb up

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I agree, that's why Spider-Man annihilates him thumb up

naw, parker is beneath him.

riv6672
Thank you, Sin, i see what you're getting at.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672
Thank you, Sin, i see what you're getting at.

parker does good mind you. he makes namor work for it by bouncing around and using his ss. but hed evventually get hit and its over after that

StiltmanFTW
Agreed with Sin.

Namor is just too much for Parker. Especially modern Namor who no longer needs to worry about being properly hydrated, thanks to his suit.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Agreed with Sin.

Namor is just too much for Parker. Especially modern Namor who no longer needs to worry about being properly hydrated, thanks to his suit.

iirc his only low showing is Hyperion which was retconned

zopzop
namor wrecks him. none holding back he gives top tiers pause.
thumb up
iirc his only low showing is Hyperion which was retconned
What?!

Magnon
Pretty even fight but I'd give it to Spidey more often than not.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/4202884-amazing+spiderman+211-17.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/4202873-amazing+spiderman+211-18.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/4202872-amazing+spiderman+211-19.jpg

carver9
Miss Namor. People hate him for his arrogance but his character can make a comic entertaining.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Miss Namor. People hate him for his arrogance but his character can make a comic entertaining.

You do realize he's alive again, don't you...

Damborgson
Namor...spite? Namor threw down with Sentry, Thor, Beta Ray, the Hulk, etc, blow for blow.

krisblaze
He threw down but the only one he could ever beat was savage hulk from the 70s.

Namor's strong, and he'll beat Spidey for sure, but he's not really touching those guys stick out tongue

Mindship
With his speed/agility, spider-sense and webbing, Spidey has always been good at using his environment (or a foe's flaws) to take down more powerful opponents. But in a straight up fight, Namor's superior strength and durability rule. Namor is the surer bet here.

juggernaut74
I've been slacking in my comic reading the last few years but I recall Sentry pretty much beating Namor in most of the panels shown in that fight.

riv6672
parker does good mind you. he makes namor work for it by bouncing around and using his ss. but hed evventually get hit and its over after that
I can agree w. that.
Their fights are always fun to read, i just wanted to see hiw this would go here when all was said and done.
Originally posted by Damborgson
spite?
Read a dictionary.
Originally posted by carver9
I love his arrogance. Unlike other chsracters its always been a part of his character, not shoehorned in to make him edgy & cool.

ShadowFyre
Namor 10/10.

Surtur

Namor is a class 100. I don't see how Spider-man does "good". If he tries to bounce around Namor just thunderclaps.

Damborgson

Read a dictionary.

The question mark was to see if I was being agreed with because it felt like a mismatch to me, not because I was giving your thread attitude. Relax.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Surtur
Namor is a class 100. I don't see how Spider-man does "good". If he tries to bounce around Namor just thunderclaps.

because a thunderclap isnt namors go to. he will rush in screaming his battle cry while parker talks shit and keeps him off balance. plus the ss can keep parker in the game for awhile. but hes not untouchable and once namor connects its lights out

Facee
Namor should knock his head clean off. Spidey would be no more than a pest to him.

Namor 10/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by krisblaze
He threw down but the only one he could ever beat was savage hulk from the 70s.

Namor's strong, and he'll beat Spidey for sure, but he's not really touching those guys stick out tongue

That's disrespectful AF bro. Namor IS as tough as they come. For a character who's been around since 1939, he has as solid a track record as you can expect aside from shit like Hyperion's heat vision recently (Namor was still a peer and going h2h to "I hold planets apart and make Abhillegend nervous" Hyperion). Even when he was on the X-men, it was made clear he was WAAAAY stronger than Colossus and was the one who fought Sentry very well. If you aren't Thor/Hulk/Surfer type, victory isn't forgone, much less conclusive. At least until continuity stopped mattering.

I got fools up in here comparing Aquaman to Namor just because Superman didn't one shot kill him like he would've 10 years ago and he isn't the end of gay fish jokes anymore but Namor was holding it down for Atlantis since the 40s. He'd shove Aquaman's trident so far up his ass...Mad disrespect. I want to make a Namor respect thread.

riv6672
The question mark was to see if I was being agreed with because it felt like a mismatch to me, not because I was giving your thread attitude. Relax.
I was giving you the way to answer your question.

Much as i love Aquaman yeah, he had/has a lot of catching up to do.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Mad disrespect. I want to make a Namor respect thread.
No one doubts Namor's strength or fighting prowess. It's his durability and stamina that's suspect. He's easily CL100 when it comes to strength, but somewhere around mid/high meta when it comes to durability and stamina.

Damborgson
I was giving you the way to answer your question.

You were annoyed.

StiltmanFTW
That's riv's secret. He's always angry.

https://i.giphy.com/media/rB91PxAlkWMc8/giphy.webp

riv6672
^^^Your link's broken, i think.

Today's generation thinks anyone that takes the time to mock them is annoyed. Its their way of taking a tiny victory away from the exchange, i suppose.

Genii96
Originally posted by zopzop
No one doubts Namor's strength or fighting prowess. It's his durability and stamina that's suspect. He's easily CL100 when it comes to strength, but somewhere around mid/high meta when it comes to durability and stamina.

His durability and stamina?
He took hits from voidtry and was just fine, took hits from Hyperion and was just fine, took hits from nearly every top tier and usually shrugs them off,hell he took a scream from BB and got back up ,took hits from Hercules as well and was just fine. Those are just the ones off my head. As for stamina,I never knew that was an issue, especially with his suit.

OT,namor easily handles Spidey, he throws down with the top tiers of marvel consistently

Damborgson
Today's generation thinks anyone that takes the time to mock them is annoyed. Its their way of taking a tiny victory away from the exchange, i suppose.

laughing out loud

Good to see I hit home. You're not that important Riv thumb up and I'd be equally pathetic to feel any sense of victory from an interaction with you.

Cheers.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.imgur.com/UdxFHgm.gif

Damborgson
https://78.media.tumblr.com/def732556fdfd814b2ea7f84d8b98086/tumblr_mhcgx09AP71rx0i8ro4_500.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by zopzop

What?

Namor has tanked everything from hits from Thor/Hulk/Beta Ray Bill and others as well as any HERALD would be expected etc. His durability MAY range down to high meta, but the same can be said of everyone. Even recently, he tanked a vibranium knife to the heart, Black Bolt's whisper and a fall from orbital heights and was stunned (The entire time, he thought they were on his side, this was an ambush):
https://s13.postimg.org/a2ovg0ccj/RCO025_1468659181.jpg https://s13.postimg.org/sv0qjlo6b/RCO026_1468659181.jpg https://s13.postimg.org/g3mkd36oj/RCO027_1468659181.jpg https://s13.postimg.org/jn8i2wotv/RCO028_1468659181.jpg

How many heralds can you say could consistently take all that and only be stunned for a second or two? That aren't Cosmic Powered, Gamma Powered, Asgardian or Kryptonian? None as far as I know.

Hell, a knife to the heart OR Black Bolt's voice would kill even someone like Wonder Woman half the time.

I also just noticed that he easily snapped the blade, which is pretty ridiculous because AFAIK, that was the ceremonial blade of Wakanda, handed down by kings so I doubt it was just regular Vibranium, which in it itself is impressive.

Obviously his durability/stamina is the most inconsistent, because of the dehydration weakness over time, but you can argue the same for Superman with kryptonite/Red Sun Radiation.

Mindset
Namor never gets the respect he deserves.

Damborgson
Black bolt was weakened at the time still I believe.

Snapping that knife though...that was ridiculous. It makes me wonder whether the writer understands just how tough that should have been to do.

StiltmanFTW
Don't listen to Rage.

We know nothing about the blade (other than the fact it was indeed ceremonial) or what it was made out of. Vibranium was rendered useless post-doomwar, too. Still, he tanked that stab like a champ, showing how special his atlantean/homo superior hybrid physiology is.

And it wasn't a whisper from Bolt, it was a shout. FAREWELL!

So yeah, Namor is impressive as f*ck thumb up

StiltmanFTW
https://78.media.tumblr.com/def732556fdfd814b2ea7f84d8b98086/tumblr_mhcgx09AP71rx0i8ro4_500.gif

https://i.imgur.com/9YPjh4X.jpg

JayDaDon
There was an outtake from civil war where Scarlet gives the camera a wink and a smile when Bucky's head is between her legs laughing

riv6672
^^^you're such an egger onner. laughing

laughing out loud

Good to see I hit home. You're not that important Riv thumb up and I'd be equally pathetic to feel any sense of victory from an interaction with you.

Cheers.
Feel free to keep posting in my thread(s) and telliing me that. smile
Like i said...smile

Genii96
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Don't listen to Rage.

We know nothing about the blade (other than the fact it was indeed ceremonial) or what it was made out of. Vibranium was rendered useless post-doomwar, too. Still, he tanked that stab like a champ, showing how special his atlantean/homo superior hybrid physiology is.

And it wasn't a whisper from Bolt, it was a shout. FAREWELL!

So yeah, Namor is impressive as f*ck thumb up

Well,it being a ceremonial blade passed down to Kings in wakanda hints at it being made of vibranium,I doubt there would fashion a basic steel dagger for kings there

And it wasn't just a scream tho
It was an entire Statement, several whispers, which ended in the scream.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Genii96
Well,it being a ceremonial blade passed down to Kings in wakanda hints at it being made of vibranium,I doubt there would fashion a basic steel dagger for kings there

And it wasn't just a scream tho
It was an entire Statement, several whispers, which ended in the scream.

Or the fact it's 'ceremonial' i.e. not for actual use means it's useless as a weapon.

Depends. But we can't just give it properties (or take away properties) without knowing more.

It could be made of a really soft metal that looks really pretty, for example. Ceremonial things sometimes are.

riv6672
^^^very even handed. thumb up

Genii96
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Or the fact it's 'ceremonial' i.e. not for actual use means it's useless as a weapon.

Depends. But we can't just give it properties (or take away properties) without knowing more.

It could be made of a really soft metal that looks really pretty, for example. Ceremonial things sometimes are.

Several ceremonial weapons can actually be used for battle, but serve more purpose as a symbol. As for yhr makeup, well it pierced namor, I doubt it was made of soft and weak metals

Yea,we can't say for sure what it was made of,but for it to have pierced namor,it had to be quite Strong and for it to be a ceremonial dagger of wakandan royalty, it would have been made from precious metal(s) from wakanda

Vibranium would satisfy both conditions, but yea,we can't exactly say what it was made of,but the probability of it being vibranium is high IMO

DarkSaint85
Several ceremonial weapons can actually be used for battle, but serve more purpose as a symbol. As for yhr makeup, well it pierced namor, I doubt it was made of soft and weak metals

Yea,we can't say for sure what it was made of,but for it to have pierced namor,it had to be quite Strong and for it to be a ceremonial dagger of wakandan royalty, it would have been made from precious metal(s) from wakanda

Vibranium would satisfy both conditions, but yea,we can't exactly say what it was made of,but the probability of it being vibranium is high IMO

But then we get into a circular argument.

Namor is strong. He tanked being stabbed by this blade.

How strong is this blade?

It's strong. It stabbed Namor.

How durable is Namor?

He's strong. He tanked being stabbed etc etc.

Moreover, one could also argue that vibranium, being used for everything (even normal soldiers had it IIRC) would NOT be used for something ceremonial. Like arguing all ceremonial weaponry is made of high quality steel, because.... well, that's what we use.

Genii96
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But then we get into a circular argument.

Namor is strong. He tanked being stabbed by this blade.

How strong is this blade?

It's strong. It stabbed Namor.

How durable is Namor?

He's strong. He tanked being stabbed etc etc.

Moreover, one could also argue that vibranium, being used for everything (even normal soldiers had it IIRC) would NOT be used for something ceremonial. Like arguing all ceremonial weaponry is made of high quality steel, because.... well, that's what we use.

Actually, he didn't tank it. It went through his chest. He simply shrugged off the damage and healed from it. Had it bounced off his skin,or shattered on it,then he would have been said to tank it. That blade pierced him,he pulled it out of his chest. Which leads back to my earlier point, if it went through him that way,it couldn't have just been steel

Simply put
How strong was the blade?

It's strong, it stabbed namor

How strong is namor?

He is strong, he shrugged off the damage from being stabbed in the chest by the blade

h1a8

Surtur

riv6672
Actually, he didn't tank it. It went through his chest. He simply shrugged off the damage and healed from it. Had it bounced off his skin,or shattered on it,then he would have been said to tank it. That blade pierced him,he pulled it out of his chest. Which leads back to my earlier point, if it went through him that way,it couldn't have just been steel

Simply put
How strong was the blade?

It's strong, it stabbed namor

How strong is namor?

He is strong, he shrugged off the damage from being stabbed in the chest by the blade
So still a circular argument.

Genii96
So still a circular argument.

Only if we are debating it In terms of durability instead of damage soak. Its like saying for instance, some blade manages to Pierce superman in the chest. Naturally you would except it to be made of something very dense to pierce him, if he then pulls out the blade and continues fighting, that would be a feat for his damage soak,not durability....

Its basically a feat for both namor and the blade
The blade in terms of its piercing ability
Namor in terms of his damage soak/healing

riv6672
Its circular either way, imo, because of exactly what you said...

Either side can talk the feat up, with nothing to really support it.
The smart thing to do would be put the feat aside, and continue on w. something else.
The KMC thng to do though, is beat it to death, i get that!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.