Darth Vader (RotJ) vs. novel Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Starting distance: 10 feet

Who wins?

Azronger
Vader

Stigma
Vader

ILS
Vader uses lightsaber throw

AncientPower
Vitiate completely overwhelms him with lightning and a bunch of his bizarre sorcery attacks.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by AncientPower
Vitiate completely overwhelms him with lightning and a bunch of his bizarre sorcery attacks.
Cuz that's worked before. erm

Haschwalth
Vitiate.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Cuz that's worked before. erm

When he overwhelmed Revan? Yes, indeed it did.

MythLord
Is that when Revan ballerina-twirled out of his Force Wave, or when Vitiate got his own lightning shoved in his face?

AncientPower
Nah, it's after he stops attempting to dominate Revan's mind and getting tagged by his own rebounded lightning; something the Son has suffered. When he finally channels his full power into an attack that is overloading Revan's Tutaminis and which paralyses him completely, leaving him defenseless and eventually dead if not for the interference of T3-M4 and Meetra Surik.

smile

Stigma
A saber throw is a devastating power indeed.

MythLord
Nah, it's after he stops attempting to dominate Revan's mind and getting tagged by his own rebounded lightning; something the Son has suffered.

The Son got hit by his own lightning, that was deflected by a Force user of equal power. Vitiate got three of his bolts deflected by someone significantly weaker than him. smile

When he finally channels his full power into an attack that is overloading Revan's Tutaminis and which paralyses him completely, leaving him defenseless

Ah, so he needs to concetrate to unleash something that would actually overpower Vader. Good to know. smile

and eventually dead if not for the interference of T3-M4 and Meetra Surik.

So diet R2 and a saber throw are enough to stop Vitiate? Fascinating. smile
I guess Vader can win by doing this:
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/5835049-6269913151-39149.jpg

Stigma
Originally posted by MythLord
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/5835049-6269913151-39149.jpg
thumb up

Vader's saber throw is very potent. Not sure if Vitiate can catch it.

MythLord
He'll prolly walk towards it or something, lol.

Azronger
He's been historically known to do that, yeah:

https://i.imgflip.com/1xr6ls.gif

AncientPower
The Son got hit by his own lightning, that was deflected by a Force user of equal power. Vitiate got three of his bolts deflected by someone significantly weaker than him. smile

That'd be a decent point, if Tutaminis and lightsaber blocks were comparable.

Ah, so he needs to concetrate to unleash something that would actually overpower Vader. Good to know. smile

He needed the time it took for Revan to spread his hands, yeah. Basically, he's doing what Starkiller and Marek did when they consistently charged their lightning and Vader didn't/couldn't intervene.

Because two surprise attacks from interfering entities are entirely comparable. Oh and FYI, Vitiate raised a shield faster than he could be engulfed by a directed stream of flame whilst distracted by finishing off the only genuine threat in the room. Besides that, we have Scourge's observation that Meetra might have killed Vitiate with a lightsaber throw if she'd aimed at Vitiate.

I guess it's a good thing for Vitiate that this is a one-on-one fight, not so much for Vader.

MythLord
That'd be a decent point, if Tutaminis and lightsaber blocks were comparable.

Yeah, but that's also irrelevant as Vader has his lightsaber here, is more powerful than novel Revan, stronger than novel Revan and will undoubtably make Vitiate eat his own lightning again.

He needed the time it took for Revan to spread his hands, yeah.

Did you read the novel? The moment he rose he was already charging his power, then Revan was calculating his options on what to do, then he spread his arms out to channel his own energies, then Vitiate fired. I doubt Vader would just stand idly by and do mathematics, instead he'd just perform a saber throw or something. Or, quite frankly, blitz him given he's standing just 10 feet away; a distance he can cross before Vitiate thinks to unleash his most powerful attack.

Basically, he's doing what Starkiller and Marek did when they consistently charged their lightning and Vader didn't/couldn't intervene.

Ah yes, I remember when Vader endured and powered through those. I imagine he'll do the same here.

Because two surprise attacks from interfering entities are entirely comparable.

Given those two interfering entities are fodder and R2-D2-lite, I think it wouldn't matter much here.

Oh and FYI, Vitiate raised a shield faster than he could be engulfed by a directed stream of flame whilst distracted by finishing off the only genuine threat in the room. Besides that, we have Scourge's observation that Meetra might have killed Vitiate with a lightsaber throw if she'd aimed at Vitiate.

I guess it's a good thing for Vitiate that this is a one-on-one fight, not so much for Vader.

Good for Vitiate, I guess?

AncientPower
Yeah, but that's also irrelevant as Vader has his lightsaber here, is more powerful than novel Revan, stronger than novel Revan and will undoubtably make Vitiate eat his own lightning again.

First, he'll need to be getting through TP, and given Revan's by this point is not only better than Vader's, but fully aware of what his opponent can do. Well, it isn't looking great for the guy who routinely loses his shit to Force visions.

Second, how the hell is Vader more powerful than Revan? A much less powerful, heavily hindered Revan outright defeated a Star Forge amped Darth Malak, whose mastery of this amp was immense. Vader meanwhile is arguably only equal to a prime Karness Muur.

Third, Vitiate was clearly underestimating Revan. Something he has no reason to do here.

Did you read the novel? The moment he rose he was already charging his power, then Revan was calculating his options on what to do, then he spread his arms out to channel his own energies, then Vitiate fired. I doubt Vader would just stand idly by and do mathematics, instead he'd just perform a saber throw or something. Or, quite frankly, blitz him given he's standing just 10 feet away; a distance he can cross before Vitiate thinks to unleash his most powerful attack.

All of which occurred in less than a few seconds, oh and Revan has fvcking beastly precognition so him 'thinking' in a battle is more of an afterthought.

Ah yes, I remember when Vader endured and powered through those. I imagine he'll do the same here.

If only Starkiller's lightning was as powerful as Vitiate's.

Given those two interfering entities are fodder and R2-D2-lite, I think it wouldn't matter much here.

Well Surik's more powerful than Traya, who is evidently far more powerful than the likes of Baras, who prior to massive power boosts was one-shotting Angral and was more powerful than Fulminiss. So not fodder.

Good for Vitiate, I guess?

The argument that he's getting blitzed in any fashion is certainly under scrutiny yes.

Not that we've even gotten to the point where the context of Vitiate not wanting to kill Revan is even necessary.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.