Revan vs. Kyp Durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Both at their peak.

Setting: Raxus Prime, in the middle of a great junkyard

Starting distance: 30 feet

Who wins?

DarthAnt66
Who do you think wins, Stigma?

Stigma
Not sure. Kyp has the greater raw Force feat, it seems. Revan has greater mastery.

There's a chance Kyp one-shots Revan but I reserve my judgement for now. cool

ILS
Can Revan turn around planetary masses?

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
smile

cs_zoltan
Revan oneshots. Even Kenth can ragdoll Kyp.

The Ellimist
Yeah Kyp is far more powerful but doesn't have the mastery. Not sure.

Rockydonovang
Kyp at his peak ragdolls

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan, no doubt.

ILS
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Yeah Kyp is far more powerful but doesn't have the mastery. Not sure. How much mastery do you need to beat someone up with telekinesis?

Rockydonovang
thumb up
Kyp doesn't need mastery to batter someone whose far less powerful with tk.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Even Kenth can ragdoll Kyp.
Kenth>Revan then.

Deronn_solo
If Kyp is "feeling it" he could win.

Haschwalth
Revan.

Trocity
Revan would stomp him.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Stigma
Not sure. Kyp has the greater raw Force feat, it seems. Revan has greater mastery.

There's a chance Kyp one-shots Revan but I reserve my judgement for now. cool

Revan, any other opinion is shit shitposting.

Which is an oxymoron, but I digress.

LordOfTheLight
Kyp, solidly.

AncientPower
Revan, solidly.

Stigma

Stigma
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
thumb up
Kyp doesn't need mastery to batter someone whose far less powerful with tk.
Revan is that much less powerful than Kyp?

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by ILS

Dovin basals aren't creating real black holes for ffs. Their graViTaTiOnAL field is similar to the Mass Shadow Generator. Even Revan's MSG didn't completely obliterate Malachor V. The Trayus Academy stood still, there were even survivors post-MSG.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Kyp, solidly. Originally posted by Stigma
^ These are all good points mmmOriginally posted by ILS
How much mastery do you need to beat someone up with telekinesis?
I lol'd.

Revan should win pretty easily if morals are on. Bloodlusted would be a lot closer, but Kyp lacks combat feats. Durron would win if he's able to abuse his Luke-rivalling raw power, but I doubt that would happen mid combat.

ILS
I'm confused.

Typically the guy with better power feats is more powerful. Unless Kyp forgot basic exercises like Force push, I'm not sure why he'd lose on a basis of "lacking combat feats."

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
I'm confused.

Typically the guy with better power feats is more powerful. Unless Kyp forgot basic exercises like Force push, I'm not sure why he'd lose on a basis of "lacking combat feats."
Yeah. Atm, it seems he has a vastly more impressive showing of power than Revan.

Irrc Kyp was comparared in skill to Katarn, for what it's worth.

ILS
Indeed, Luke thought quite highly of his combat skills.

Ursumeles
So, Stigma, morals on?

Stigma
I think the default is morals on.

ILS
I'm sure Kyp will just let Revan beat him up. thumb up

MythLord
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Revan should win pretty easily if morals are on.

How? Kyp is packing a lot more raw power, and unless he's gonna just get blindsided by Revan I doubt he'll get taken out easily. Unless of course...
Originally posted by ILS
Kyp will just let Revan beat him up. thumb up
laughing out loud

Morals on, I guess I can see Revan winning, since Kyp would probably use projectiles more than actually batter him with TK.

Stigma
Kyp's morals were on when he TK'ed the dovil basal, I think.

Haschwalth
Does anyone know, if ones Raw power, can grow from beyond, their midichlorian limit, without Going a Plageuis/Drain essence etc Route.

cs_zoltan
What's up with all those extra commas, did you masturbate on your keyboard and got it stuck?

Haschwalth
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
What's up with all those extra commas, did you masturbate on your keyboard and got it stuck?
You caught me.

Azronger
Kyp's morals were on when he TK'ed the dovil basal, I think.

Yeah, he'll go for it if he's pressed.

Kyp one-shots. smile

AncientPower
I like how an entirely non-combat feat that required intense meditation and context is being used to claim Kyp wins. I wonder why. laughing out loud

Freedon Nadd
What if Revan has no morals?

AncientPower
Revan without morals is essentially dark Revan throughout SoR.

Freedon Nadd
I hate the Revan side splits. Bad idea. Also, didn't Vitiate 'survive' or tank an Oneness blast coming from Revan?

Rockydonovang
Kyp in his prime wouldn't be the one restricting himself due to moral indecision.

And "combat feats" is a nonsense gripe regarding TK. You can use the power it takes to push a crate to push your opponent.

Kyp's far more powerful and hence destroys Revan with TK. Estoric hax is too slow to prevent TK.

AncientPower
You realise that in combat he doesn't have time to meditate and shit, right? He couldn't even break through Horn's barrier whilst he was dark side amped.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by AncientPower
You realise that in combat he doesn't have time to meditate and shit, right?
You're welcome to tell me what Revan has done in similar circumstances that comes close.
Originally posted by AncientPower He couldn't even break through Horn's barrier whilst he was dark side amped.
Guess Horn>Revan. Unless there's some context you're conveniently leaving out.

Haschwalth
>Valkorian>SWTOR Vitiate>Novel Revan>>Malak>>>Ajunta pall>Murr>=Darth Krayt>Brakiss>Kyp

ILS
What meditating was Kyp doing? laughing out loud

Haschwalth
Originally posted by ILS
What meditating was Kyp doing? laughing out loud

Trying to meditate himself to Brakiss's level maybe :hm

Ursumeles
Kyp > Brakiss > Valkorion

Haschwalth
Kyp > Brakiss > Valkorion

Valkorian>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Krayt>Kyp>Brakiss

Ursumeles
Krayt > Valkorion

Haschwalth
Krayt > Valkorion

Valkorian>>Revan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Muur=Krayt>Valk

sound logic.

Ursumeles
Krayt >> Muur

Haschwalth
Krayt >> Muur

Valk>>Revan>>Krayt>>Muur

Haschwalth
Though the whole notion of Krayt reborn's power multipling is retarded.

Stigma
Can Revan withstand Kyp's TK?

Haschwalth
Cab Revan withstand Kyp's TK?
He brushes aside Kyp's tk.
Brakiss a no name has better showings, and darth Krayt, muur's peer would destroy him.

Rockydonovang
If Brakiss is > someone who's demonstrated vastly greater power than Revan, then that would simply put Brakiss above Revan.

Haschwalth
If Brakiss is > someone who's demonstrated vastly greater power than Revan, then that would simply put Brakiss above Revan.
Scaling is a thing you know.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Scaling is a thing you know.
Where is Revan given scaling over Brakiss?

Haschwalth
Where is Revan given scaling over Brakiss?
Do you want to argue an no named sith like brakiss would defeat Darth Krayt, who went up against the ableloth.

Rockydonovang
Do you want to argue an no named sith like brakiss would defeat Darth Krayt, who went up against the ableloth.
If Brakiss beat Kyp, then the whole "no name" thing you keep trying to base an argument around is a moot point.

If you disagree, then I'd expect you're willing to accept Qui-Gon-Jinn as >>>Rivi Anu.

Haschwalth
If Brakiss beat Kyp, then the whole "no name" thing you keep trying to base an argument around is a moot point.

If you disagree, then I'd expect you're willing to accept Qui-Gon-Jinn as >>>Rivi Anu.

He doesn't though.
Rivi hasn't shown shit, i'm keen for a Qui gon>Rivi argument.

Rockydonovang
He doesn't though.

Who doesn't? What are you talking about? Why is Brakiss being a "no name" relevant?

Aside from holding up a star destroyer...

Haschwalth
Who doesn't? What are you talking about? Why is Brakiss being a "no name" relevant?

Aside from holding up a star destroyer...

Kyp Is not below brakiss, he potentially was Lukes greatest student, his power is above Brakiss's, unless Brakiss has shown a plageuis or Vitiate/nihilus type drain on top of said potential.

Holding up a star destroyer is not impressive among top tiers.

Haschwalth
Anyway she literally sacrificed herself, an average force user can destroy a country with said power concentrated with their force essence, ****ing yaerel poof stop at petaton explosion with his mind, sacrificing himself. it's leagues beyond that.

Rockydonovang
Kyp Is not below brakiss]
Then why did you bring him up...

Her sacrifice was a result of ship falling on her, not a result of the energy she exerted to hold the ship up. What is it with you and moot points?

Citation needed. Not sure how you're figuring Yareal Poof to be an "average force user" if he can supposedly do something that the vast majority of force users can't hope to do.

Haschwalth
Then why did you bring him up...

Her sacrifice was a result of ship falling on her, not a result of the energy she exerted to hold the ship up. What is it with you and moot points?

Citation needed. Not sure how you're figuring Yareal Poof to be an "average force user" if he can supposedly do something that the vast majority of force users can't hope to do.

Because Brakiss's feat is superior to Kyps.

Mhmmm. she essentially couldn't move out of the way. Any master on the council could. Pretty sure there was a quote stating all the master on the council were the strongest.

He isn't an average force user, i'm referring to those who essences were drained by rakata machines, and used as Country destroying explosions, hell even if you add all the energy given by the sith lords on Nathema during the ritual they come out as island level each.

he essentially stops this chain explosion of this.
http://i.imgur.com/QAGl0Zk.jpg
Which would of destroyed courscant, but has the potential to raze the surface of a planet, by itself.

Rockydonovang
Because Brakiss's feat is superior to Kyps.
Well, if Kyp scales over Brakiss, then he scales over Brakiss. This still has nothing to do with Revan.

Citation needed.
That quote doesn't exist.

Yeah, it destroying Coruscant is irrelevant. The only thing that maters here is how it would destroy Coruscant and how much power it would take to start this chain of events.

Haschwalth
Well, if Kyp scales over Brakiss, then he scales over Brakiss. This still has nothing to do with Revan.

Citation needed.
That quote doesn't exist.

Yeah, it destroying Coruscant is irrelevant. The only thing that maters here is how it would destroy Coruscant and how much power it would take to start this chain of events.

It does because, Invalidates Kyp's superior feat, considering Revan>Muur who is rivaled to Darth Krayt who in return is >Brakiss.

Cbf finding the sitation for it, pretty sure it's in that meme jedi master killed by Jango fett vs thread, i'm drunk atm so cbf finding it. either on kmc or CV.

It's called a planet killer in multiple sources, meaning it would decimate the surface of the planet at the very least. meaning it's multi continental.
'

LordOfTheLight
Kyp canonically scales over Brakiss.

And I don't get the ambiguity in the Coruscant Destroyer artifact quote. It clearly says that the artifact contains "large/great amounts of force energies" and when these energies are released, they have the power to destroy Coruscant. This takes nothing away from Yarael Poof's feat.

Haschwalth

And I don't get the ambiguity in the Coruscant Destroyer artifact quote. It clearly says that the artifact contains "large/great amounts of force energies" and when these energies are released, they have the power to destroy Coruscant. This takes nothing away from Yarael Poof's feat.

Agreed.

So, you believe Poof gave his life stopping a multi continental level attack.?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by AncientPower
I like how an entirely non-combat feat that required intense meditation and context is being used to claim Kyp wins. I wonder why. laughing out loud

WTF you use non-combat feat with those circumstances all the time lmfao, every time you pop up in a thread you mention Ziost or the Corsair or something.

Kyp very clearly has far, far more raw power than Revan, by both his feats and his accolades. He's also a highly skilled warrior who seems to hold back a lot, even moreso than Luke does, perhaps because of the whole brush with the dark side. So if Kyp lets loose he should be able to ragdoll Revan.

Rockydonovang

The actual comic has Boba mention that the device needs to be moved somewhere to destroy the planet, so no, the device acting on it's own cannot destroy a planet. "Large/Great amounts of force energies" tells me nothing abouthow large or great. That's its a planet killer doesn't change that the amount of Power poof contained wasn't on a planetary scale.

Not that this tangent has anything to do with Kyp.

Rockydonovang
It does because, Invalidates Kyp's superior feat
How does being superior invalidate a superior feat?

Enough gymnastics, just admit this reverse scaling you're attempting won't get you anywhere.

Haschwalth
How does being superior invalidate a superior feat?

Enough gymnastics, just admit this reverse scaling you're attempting won't get you anywhere.

I doesn't I was drunk when I wrote that,
Brakiss's feat, means that Feats from the likes of Kyp, becomes suddenly less impressive, and you would scale a character from brakiss's feat not Kyps.

Rockydonovang
I doesn't I was drunk when I wrote that,
Brakiss's feat, means that Feats from the likes of Kyp, becomes suddenly less impressive, and you would scale a character from brakiss's feat not Kyps.
So Kyp scales off a feat that's more impressive than one already more impressive than anything Revan has pulled?

How does this help Revan here?

Haschwalth
So Kyp scales off a feat that's more impressive than one already more impressive than anything Revan has pulled?

How does this help Revan here?

We have already been through this,Revan>>>>>>>Muur =Darth krayt>Brakiss

LordOfTheLight
The actual comic has Boba mention that the device needs to be moved somewhere to destroy the planet, so no, the device acting on it's own cannot destroy a planet. "Large/Great amounts of force energies" tells me nothing abouthow large or great. That's its a planet killer doesn't change that the amount of Power poof contained wasn't on a planetary scale.

Not that this tangent has anything to do with Kyp.

Mind giving me the context or quote?

Haschwalth
Mind giving me the context or quote?
Pretty sure he is referring to the fact for it to destroy the planet via chain reaction, not the surface of the planet which it can do by it's lonesome.

Rockydonovang
We have already been through this,Revan>>>>>>>Muur =Darth krayt>Brakiss
Where is it stated that Krayt>Brakiss? Brakiss having demonstrated much more power than Revan has would imply the opposite.

Haschwalth
Where is it stated that Krayt>Brakiss? Brakiss having demonstrated much more power than Revan has would imply the opposite.
Context mate, his standing/portrayal within the SW universe is not that of Krayt, or Exar, Vader, etc. It's like saying, Rivi has better Telekinesis feats than Mace, must mean she is stronger than him, power scaling is a thing you know.

LordOfTheLight
Pretty sure he is referring to the fact for it to destroy the planet via chain reaction, not the surface of the planet which it can do by it's lonesome.

Not really. The guy using the artifact clearly says that the release of energy will be unlike anything the galaxy has seen before, which obviously means that it can shatter the planet on its own power, and he even says this outright. Not to mention, even Zam says that the artifact will produce enough "power" to shatter a planet, not that it will "circumstantially" destroy it.

And nowhere have I seen any evidence that it was a chain reaction.

Haschwalth
Not really. The guy using the artifact clearly says that the release of energy will be unlike anything the galaxy has seen before, which obviously means that it can shatter the planet on its own power, and he even says this outright. Not to mention, even Zam says that the artifact will produce enough "power" to shatter a planet, not that it will "circumstantially" destroy it.

And nowhere have I seen any evidence that it was a chain reaction.

http://i.imgur.com/BCB1j4k.png
http://i.imgur.com/4j920VH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x3HY88f.png

LordOfTheLight
All that says is that a chain reaction will cause the maximum damage and is optimum for the purpose. Not that "without a chain reaction this artifact will fail to do damage". Not that Jango would have knowledge on it anyways.

B/w, those scans practically confirm that the artifact has planet shattering power.

Haschwalth
All that says is that a chain reaction will cause the maximum damage and is optimum for the purpose. Not that "without a chain reaction this artifact will fail to do damage". Not that Jango would have knowledge on it anyways.

B/w, those scans practically confirm that the artifact has planet shattering power.

Hmmm, if it didn't require a chain reaction to destroy the planet, their would be no point Jango making a chain reaction, considering the damage alone should kill all life, anyway.

It's called a planet killer, so I just take it as Capable of razing the surface of said planet without the chain reaction, in which with it would destroy the planet completely.

Rockydonovang
Not that "without a chain reaction this artifact will fail to do damage".
I never claimed that. That it will do damage is obvious, the question is how much damage would it do.

Sure. The author having a character explain to the reader the mechanics of the bad guy's plot was just some sort of deception.

LordOfTheLight
Sure. The author having a character explain to the reader the mechanics of the bad guy's plot was just some sort of deception.

Damn it kbro. Authorial intent?

There is a very good reason people generally shy "reasonably" clear off this, and it is that it can be manipulated and twisted according to one's own interpretations and is incredibly subjective. Unless it comes straight from the horse's mouth.

In this case, however, it is not. You however, have managed to misinterpret even that. The so-called "intent" of that particular scene was to have Jango and Zam be able to locate the bad guys, hence Zam asks for "Jango's opinion" on where "any generic explosive", "should" be detonated so as to "logically" have the maximum impact. Thus enabling these guys to find the villains of the story.

This does not override the "fact" that the artifact has enough "force energies" to destroy an entire world, which has been stated multiple times in many sources. That aside, it has been stated explicitly in the damn comics themselves that the destruction is due to the artifact's "power" and sheer energy, and absolutely nowhere as an "official" source has anything been stated about any kind of chain reaction, and every single hype possible has been given to the "planet destroying power" of the artifact.

For all your talk on "authorial intent", there was a tiny bit of chance that I might have bought it( till I was completely ignorant on the subject anyways), if it were not for the person "well acquainted" with the artifact and its power, exclaiming that the power unleashed by it would be "unlike anything the galaxy has ever seen".

But yeah, let's add a "forced" authorial intent to a scene, meant as a plot device for the main characters to find the bad guys, the context of which was using a bit of logic applicable to a "generic" explosive device, from a statement made by a guy not very well acquainted with the device or its power, and "completely" ignore the numerous objective quotes that credit the artifact's ability to destroy worlds solely to its sheer power, and nothing else, and ignore a person( who was very well acquainted with the artifact) who was going to use it to destroy the very heart of the Republic, who remarked that the sheer "energy" released "from the artifact" would be unlike anything the galaxy had ever seen before.

I guess that last part can be said to be a "deception" too as well, can it not?

LordOfTheLight
For the record, I am almost fine with authorial intent being used, but there shouldn't be any hypocrisy.

Rockydonovang
It has enough force energies to destroy a world, by starting a chain reaction, there is no contradiction.

Oh and tip, don't "quote" words that aren't actually parts of "quotes", because that just makes you look stupid. If you want to highlight a word, use italics.

LordOfTheLight
Why tf don't you understand?

The "chain reaction" was, in context, for "any generic explosive", not specifically this one. Made to explain Jango and Zam finding Khorda. Made by a guy who has no business knowing about this artifact at all.

You want how the artifact destroys the worlds? By releasing the kind of energy that has "never been seen before in the galaxy". Solely due to its raw power and "nothing else". Made by Khorda, a source far more reliable than Jango on this matter.

But yeah, let's "utterly ignore" that comment, which would give the artifact a lot more credential and hype than just a puny planet destroying power, made by a source far more credible than effing Jango, for a comment Jango made, which you are taking out of context.

Yeah, this screams hypocrisy in every sense imaginable.

No, the formatting is crap. I am sticking to this, since it is a lot easier.

DarthAnt66
It's almost just as easy to write (remove space between i and ]) than " ".

LordOfTheLight
We go with what's most instinctive to us.

DarthAnt66
The key is to make KMC as instinctual to you as Haruun Kal is to Kar Vastor. thumb up

That way, when you leave KMC, you are nothing.

LordOfTheLight
Oh, I wouldn't be too sure. If this does become instinctive to me, at least I will have done my HTML practice( the basic formatting uses HTML commands).

Rockydonovang

You want how the artifact destroys the worlds? By releasing the kind of energy that has "never been seen before in the galaxy". Solely due to its raw power and "nothing else". Made by Khorda, a source far more reliable than Jango on this matter.

Well yes, the deathstar, a weapon who can straight up bust planets, has yet to be made...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.