Re-match: Black Sky Elektra vs Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
The one time where we actually see these two go head to head, uninterrupted, Luke was poisoned by Stick's weird incense, which makes the showing suspect.

So, let's have a re-match.
- PIS/CIS off.
- Pure H2H (as Elektra's swords are kind of useless here in anyways).
- Both characters are 100% fit and rested.
- Both characters are going all out.
- Fight takes place in an empty dojo.

Who takes it?

John Murdoch
If Luke wanted to he could tank enough of her hits and slap her down. Dude has been hit, shot, blown up, acid bathed, and (attempted to have been) run over with enough stuff and tanked or survived it with minimal injuries that he should have minimal problems with Elektra. Judas bullet was the only exception.

The fact that Luke (and even Jessica) didn't auto-kill all of the five fingers of the hand and their minions was just another one of my shoulder shrugs towards the Defenders.

KingD19
As strong and skilled as Elektra was, Matt was still coming out as her superior.

I don't see any amount of his skill helping against Cage. Elektra gets taken out.

cdtm
Agreed. Cage wins as easily as Danny should have (And did in the comic.)

Arachnid1
Originally posted by cdtm
Agreed. Cage wins as easily as Danny should have (And did in the comic.) Dany didn't win easily in the comic. Their fight was brutal and pretty evenly matched.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
The fact that Luke (and even Jessica) didn't auto-kill all of the five fingers of the hand and their minions was just another one of my shoulder shrugs towards the Defenders.

It was kind of bizarre in some instances, considering we know (based on feats from both JJ and LC) that clean hits from their strength level tend to be fatal (such as Luke's wife, and the two people Diamondback killed when trying to set Luke up). I mean Luke punched the one Hand guy hard enough that he almost went right through a wall, about 10 feet away. That guy surely had to be dead.

But then, the main showrunners were the guys from DD S1, where fodder can get smashed through doors, fall through floors, get clocked in the head with heavy objects, have their skulls repeatedly bounced off walls, and then proceed to dive right back into the fight against the hero, only a few seconds later.

cdtm
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Dany didn't win easily in the comic. Their fight was brutal and pretty evenly matched.

That's because he was holding back. Elektra was trying to kill him, and he was trying to subdue her.

When he got serious, he one shot her. Just like Netflix Danny should have, when he hit Elektra with an Iron Fist.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It was kind of bizarre in some instances, considering we know (based on feats from both JJ and LC) that clean hits from their strength level tend to be fatal (such as Luke's wife, and the two people Diamondback killed when trying to set Luke up). I mean Luke punched the one Hand guy hard enough that he almost went right through a wall, about 10 feet away. That guy surely had to be dead.

But then, the main showrunners were the guys from DD S1, where fodder can get smashed through doors, fall through floors, get clocked in the head with heavy objects, have their skulls repeatedly bounced off walls, and then proceed to dive right back into the fight against the hero, only a few seconds later.

Ya, I mean it is an action/drama TV series, so you'll have those inconsistent moments just like the movies.

I think we've had this discussion before when the Defenders dropped last year, Vault, and pretty much came to the same conclusion: those moments will happen that show off the differences in power and skill and the team dynamic (or lack thereof) between all the members of the TV Defenders, but moments come around where Luke or Jessica strikes a Hand fodder ninja in the face and it just knocks them down instead of blowing their head off.

carthage
Did we watch the same show? She repeatedly clowned Danny like 3x and even no sold multiple strikes from his fist

cdtm
Originally posted by carthage
Did we watch the same show? She repeatedly clowned Danny like 3x and even no sold multiple strikes from his fist

And was hurt by far less. An indirect Iron Fist knocked her off her feet.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Ya, I mean it is an action/drama TV series, so you'll have those inconsistent moments just like the movies.

I think we've had this discussion before when the Defenders dropped last year, Vault, and pretty much came to the same conclusion: those moments will happen that show off the differences in power and skill and the team dynamic (or lack thereof) between all the members of the TV Defenders, but moments come around where Luke or Jessica strikes a Hand fodder ninja in the face and it just knocks them down instead of blowing their head off.

Yeah, they had to water things down for the team dynamic. It can be a bit jarring when you then see either of them solo again. Take the trailer for S2 of JJ. In the one shot, it looks, much like Luke does, like she punches a fist-sized hole in a concrete wall. If she can do that to a solid concrete wall, she should be shattering bones and pulping soft tissue with every strike.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, they had to water things down for the team dynamic. It can be a bit jarring when you then see either of them solo again. Take the trailer for S2 of JJ. In the one shot, it looks, much like Luke does, like she punches a fist-sized hole in a concrete wall. If she can do that to a solid concrete wall, she should be shattering bones and pulping soft tissue with every strike.

Yes sir that is true.

Similar for The Avengers movies and Civil War.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.