SoR Revan vs. General Grievous (Sabers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geistalt
Who would win?

Azronger
Grievous

Stigma
Grievous.

The Ellimist
Grievous, that striking speed is too much.

Stigma
Good point.

What are Revan's best saber feats that would secure him a win here?

Azronger
Beating fodder

Stigma
Intriguing.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Stigma
Good point.

What are Revan's best saber feats that would secure him a win here?

He has beaten some armies of "sith" but honestly given the terrain that was a Hope-trailer Satele tier stamina feat. There's little evidence he can deal with like 30 strikes a second.

Stigma
Originally posted by Stigma
Intriguing.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
given the terrain
confused

AncientPower
Lmao.

Revan slaughters.

Haschwalth
Revan.

The Ellimist
I would love to hear how Revan's niman is supposed to overpower Grievous's four robotic arms attacking independently at a total of like 30 strikes a second lmfao

AncientPower
Given that even Bane's dealt with similar stuff, I'm calling aids on this speed argument.

The Ellimist
Bane has far better speed and dueling feats than Revan.

AncientPower
He really doesn't. erm

Act II Hero of Tython speedblitzed a pair of Sith warriors who had defeated Jedi Master Bela Kiwiiks in combat, who speedblitzed Sith Lords on Rhen Var decades prior.

Satele Shan moved so fast that Eldon Ax couldn't see or hear her move, literally appearing to teleport. Ax has moved as fast as an eyeblink and swung her blade so fast it looked like a propeller.

Darth Marr appeared to move so fast so as to teleport to the perceptions of Darth Lachris.

Lana Beniko could contend with the speed of Senya on a light side nexus.

Besides that, depending on the character, one of Lord Scourge, Jaesa Willsaam or others were involved too.

Dark Revan was ragdolling, fodderising and killing them, and only lost because his light counter-part intervened and resurrected the dead strike team members.

LordOfTheLight
Grevious solidly, really.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by AncientPower
Given that even Bane's dealt with similar stuff, I'm calling aids on this speed argument.
Grevious was too fast for a soresu defense of someone who can deflect blasterfire from ten thousand droids coming from all directions.

Bane deflecting rain that isn't specifically targeting him and is coming from one direction isn't going to be enough here.

Not that Bane is remotely relevant to this discussion.

How is Revan scaling from feats regarding singular opponents comparable to feats involving thousands of enemies?

AncientPower
Grievous was hitting Kenobi with 20 strikes a second. Amped Lsu was hitting Bane with a similar amount of strikes per second, if not even more.

Rockydonovang
Grievous was hitting Kenobi with 20 strikes a second.
Yes, because, being a skilled duelist, he wasn't looking to just swing his lightsaber as fast as possible. He was looking to, and succeeded, in overwhelming Kenobi's defenses with an overwhelming barrage of precisely placed and unpredictable attacks:

It was enough to overwhelm the defenses of a dude who could defend himself from the surrounding blaster-fire of ten thousand droids attacking simultaneously.

What's Bane deflecting rain or scaling above Rhen Var supposed to prove?

Stigma
^ Good points.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Yes, because, being a skilled duelist, he wasn't looking to just swing his lightsaber as fast as possible. He was looking to, and succeeded, in overwhelming Kenobi's defenses with an overwhelming barrage of precisely placed and unpredictable attacks:

It was enough to overwhelm the defenses of a dude who could defend himself from the surrounding blaster-fire of ten thousand droids attacking simultaneously.

What's Bane deflecting rain or scaling above Rhen Var supposed to prove?

Are you fvcking brain dead? Raskta Lsu struck Bane half a dozen times in the chest in the time it took him to run less than two meters. Doing the math, her being capable of 20 strikes per second is an incredibly conservative estimate, it may well be over 30 times a second. Keeping in mind that Lsu was striking for Bane's weak points the entire duel. Bane is already the most masterful combatant of his era and is bulldozing Zannah, herself described as an impenetrable Soresu master.

Point being, Grievous striking 20 times a second isn't as impressive as you believe it to be.

Revan is far more powerful than Orbalisk Bane and Raskta Lsu, by all comparisons.

The Ellimist
This is all based on the assumption that Bane is an inferior duelist to Revan...

AncientPower
By all comparisons he's inferior. Darth Revan had knowledge Bane wouldn't even dare to use and couldn't comprehend. Bane's greatest source of knowledge was Revan's holocron which he deemed vastly greater than everything he'd learned from the Brotherhood, including Kas'im's technique.

Haschwalth
Dueling is reliant on speed /Strength/Skill.

Revan no doubt-idly has the speed advantage on Grevious, as he is limited by being non force efficient. And by feats of contending with Malak on the star forge, and dodging Vitiates Lightning bolts.
Strength wise, Revan could compete with Marr, and the hero of tython at the same time in physical combat, indicating his strength would be able to contend with Grevious's cybernetics.

And i'd give the skill to Revan.

The Ellimist
By all comparisons he's inferior. Darth Revan had knowledge Bane wouldn't even dare to use and couldn't comprehend. Bane's greatest source of knowledge was Revan's holocron which he deemed vastly greater than everything he'd learned from the Brotherhood, including Kas'im's technique.

So Darth Revan > mid-PoD Bane in knowledge? Cool story bro

AncientPower
I'd suggest re-reading RoT.

The Ellimist
Even if Revan still had more knowledge than RoT/DoE Bane it would come from the fact that Bane had to scour the galaxy for scraps of knowledge. That doesn't really tell us much about their dueling abilities.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Even if Revan still had more knowledge than RoT/DoE Bane it would come from the fact that Bane had to scour the galaxy for scraps of knowledge. That doesn't really tell us much about their dueling abilities.

Their force power does, force power = higher physical amplification=better duelist.

The Ellimist
Yeah but in this case their knowledge isn't going to scale well to their power when Bane had to work with much lesser amounts of knowledge.

Rockydonovang

That doesn't make Zannah on par with Kenobi who, I'll repeat, has defended himself from blasterfire coming in all directions from ten thousand droids.
Point being,
Grievous striking 20 times a second isn't as impressive as you believe it to be.

No, what's impressive is he overwhelmed Kenobi's defenses, Kenobi being able to defend himself against a potency of attack neither Bane or Zannah have ever been shown capable of defending themselves against.

Which might mean something when you tell me what makes Bane compare favorably with a dude who can defend himself vs ten thousand droids.

Stigma
So the general (no pun intended) consensus is that Grievous wins this?

Geistalt
Obi-Wan defended himself from 10,000 droids? When?

Nephthys
Never.

LordOfTheLight
In the ROTS novel.

"Tens of thousands of droids".

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
In the ROTS novel.

IIRC, the quote said there was approximately ten thosaund droids...

Stigma
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
In the ROTS novel.

Nice find. It sheds a new light on Grievous's performance against Kenobi.

So who wins this saber fight? Grievous seems to have a clear edge.

Freedon Nadd
Revan: I am here.
Grievous: Prodigal Knight Revan, you should have said, 'Hello there'.

Revan: Spare me of your empty words.
Grievous: Fool! I have been trained in your Jedi arts by lady Kreia.

Grievous: Your mask will make a fine addition to my collection.
Revan: Over your dead body.
Grievous: Prodigal Knight Revan, you are a bold one.

MythLord
GG takes it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.