John Stewart vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Well?

riv6672
Surfer beats any GL (st standard power levels) other than Hal and Alan, with varying degrees of difficulty.

carver9
Surfer beats any GL, period.

panthergod
Originally posted by carver9

Is that why Hal one shots him with ease?

Philosophía
By this point, I think most reasonable people would give Hal the majority over Surfer.

I'm curious about John, though. Can Surfer compete?

John has tanked planets exploding, suns exploding , black holes, so his 'cosmic cheese' is obviously at least as good.

His constructs are capable of keeping a planet together, and he's capable of creating an army of constructs to fight for him. I'd say he overwhelms Surfer 6-7/10, but I want to see other opinions.

CosmicComet
Even a rookie GL like Jessica has high Herald level feats. While at extremely low power.

John takes Surfer. He has the power and unlike Surfer, John is a warrior.

MrMind
John doesn't have enough high end feats to compete
I honestly would give kyle or hal majority over SS
but not john and guy

xJLxKing

Genii96
I'd give surfer an edge over a GL,aside their amped forms of course

Insane Titan
Hmm a GL must have had a big space cheese feat recently to shout about..

quanchi112
Phil is so predictable. Surfer rapes despite his insanity.

tkitna
I could never get into Green Lantern so i'm not up to date with any of it, but what amp does Hal have currently that people are giving him wins over the Surfer?

krisblaze
Stewart doesnt stand a chance.

Zack M
Alan, Hal, and Kyle would get a majority. However, guy and John could get a few wins.

XLR87T3
Originally posted by tkitna
I could never get into Green Lantern so i'm not up to date with any of it, but what amp does Hal have currently that people are giving him wins over the Surfer? Nothing. Norrin will always be superior to unamped Hal. Even Superman usually defeats GL, and he's only a moon buster.

abhilegend
Originally posted by XLR87T3
Nothing. Norrin will always be superior to unamped Hal. Even Superman usually defeats GL, and he's only a moon buster.
Superman would beat Surfer even more easily than he does to Hal.

Let me guess, you're from comicvine and Superman being only a "moon buster" somehow means he is weaker than Surfer, right?
I could never get into Green Lantern so i'm not up to date with any of it, but what amp does Hal have currently that people are giving him wins over the Surfer?
Why would Hal needs any amp to beat Surfer?

tkitna
Originally posted by abhilegend

Why would Hal needs any amp to beat Surfer?

Because just like he's superior to Superman, Surfer is also superior to Green Lanterns without an amp.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9

I disagree.
What type of reflexes does he fight with on a forum?
Most believe Thor, Spidey, Thanos, Hulk, etc can tag him consistently.

If so then Hal beats Surfer. Steward gives him a good fight but loses.

abhilegend
Because just like he's superior to Superman, Surfer is also superior to Green Lanterns without an amp.
Wrong on both accounts.

But hey, you're a marvel fanboy. You gets the privilege of being wrong all the time.

Zack M
Hal surpassed Surfer a while ago.

XLR87T3
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman would beat Surfer even more easily than he does to Hal.

Let me guess, you're from comicvine and Superman being only a "moon buster" somehow means he is weaker than Surfer, right?

Why would Hal needs any amp to beat Surfer? lol you're hilarious. Anyways, Surfer steamrolls guys like Superman and Hal when he's serious. They are on completely different tiers (strength means very little here, and Norrin is more durable anyways). Come back when Superman or Hal has better consistent feats than SS. Not counting PIS or outliers.

abhilegend
Originally posted by XLR87T3
lol you're hilarious. Anyways, Surfer steamrolls guys like Superman and Hal when he's serious. They are on completely different tiers (strength means very little here, and Norrin is more durable anyways). Come back when Superman or Hal has better consistent feats than SS. Not counting PIS or outliers.
Yeah right. Can you show us Surfer steamrolling guys like Superman and Hal?

Yes, Superman is at a whole level above Surfer. Surfer isn't even as durable as Superman much less more durable.

What are these outliers and PIS? Whatever you don't like? Sorry kid, this ain't comicvine.

Philosophía
Well, we gotta start somewhere..

Does Surfer have anything that comes close to to John beating the whole Justice League with no outside assistance?

tkitna
Beating Aegis and Tenebrous

Philosophía
Helps if you learn how to read, so I don't have to repeat myself thumb up

Surfer doesn't start fights with the Crunch by his side, otherwise I'd have specified "Surfer vs John Stewart right next to the crunch". He starts with his own power, which was vastly inadequate against T&A.

Cable_Extreme
The problem here is Silver Surfer's cosmic manipulation. It is sort of a hax to most DC characters.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Cable_Extreme
The problem here is Silver Surfer's cosmic manipulation. It is sort of a hax to most DC characters.
Is it now?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Cable_Extreme
The problem here is Silver Surfer's cosmic manipulation. It is sort of a hax to most DC characters. Unless 'hax' translates to 'essentially useless', you'd be wrong.

Damborgson
For whatever reason, Surfer doesnt have the adequate showings with his hax abilities to let him use them effectively in a forum fight against high caliber opponents. He's left mostly with hypothetical situations because of his lack of high end wins.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Damborgson
For whatever reason, Surfer doesnt have the adequate showings with his hax abilities to let him use them effectively in a forum fight against high caliber opponents. He's left mostly with hypothetical situations because of his lack of high end wins. The fact that he is 'competitive' with Thor for the best high-herald in Marvel is a sham.

Surfer has literally never went above his weight class without explicit stuff helping him or plot-devices. He has no 'extra dial' like a true top tier does.

Damborgson
What he does have in abundance though, is lip service.

I was reading his main title, there could be a drinking game for every time it mentions his power is essentially limitless, or something along those lines. Then he loses or gets,a hard,time with nobody's.

He does have a very good record against the Hulk though at least.

leonidas
that sig.... lol thumb up

Damborgson
Just you know...trying it out...

Philosophía
The fire rises.

CosmicComet
I see Philo's Palpatine tactics are slowly wearing on Damb's soul.

leonidas
cracks all through that dam.... thumb up

playa1258
Looks like the comicvine trolls are trying to nest here.

Surfer in no way stomps John or Superman. He does not stomp Thor who Superman/John can easily put up good fights against.

Delta1938
Originally posted by playa1258
Looks like the comicvine trolls are trying to nest here.

Surfer in no way stomps John or Superman. He does not stomp Thor who Superman/John can easily put up good fights against.

He's been here since September 2016 but has about a dozen and a half posts.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=151791

I'm gonna guess a sock.

Philosophía
Bump.

Putinbot1
I think any name human GL including Guy can go 50:50 with Kyle and Hal winning a majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.