SoR Revan vs DoE Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slayne
Who wins?

AncientPower
Revan, in everything, every time.

NewGuy01
Basically.

Azronger
Bane takes sabers, but Revan is too powerful

Haschwalth
Bane gets destroyed.

The Ellimist
Bane might take sabers, Revan takes the rest. The Banite Sith probably surpass Revan somewhere in the middle of their line.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Bane might take sabers, Revan takes the rest. The Banite Sith probably surpass Revan somewhere in the middle of their line.
Gravid suggests otherwise.

The Ellimist
How so?

DarthAnt66
The Banites surpass Revan with Plagueis or Sidious. smile

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Gravid suggests otherwise.
He was a lil ***** who tried to do a novel Revan, and went insane in the process. Revan is clearly on a different level.

carthage
Revan can honestly oneshot

NewGuy01
He was a lil ***** who tried to do a novel Revan, and went insane in the process. Revan is clearly on a different level.

>implying revan wasn't a batshit mentally unstable ****

Haschwalth
Originally posted by NewGuy01
>implying revan wasn't a batshit mentally unstable ****
Novel Revan was not lel.
A fully complete Revan was mentally sound.

AncientPower
A hypothetical full power Revan is almost definitely Plagueis level. His far weaker spiritual self was resurrecting multiple genuinely dead Force users whilst being implied to have amped the team itself.

ILS
Proof?

AncientPower
It's called Boon of the Spirit and it's a scripted event when you fight dark Revan. Besides that, Revan's spirit is doing multiple things such as telekinetically lifting parts of the temple. There are also a few character statements during the fight that refer to a 'presence'.

That's besides what dark Revan was doing. Whilst the likes of Krayt and Plagueis have fought through organ failure and such, Revan was literally willing himself to live and performed everything he did whilst warding off actual physical death. He was arguably invincible and only stopped when his Force reserves were exhausted.

ILS
Sounds like game mechanics fam, but feel free to post links and screenshots to real evidence whenever.

TenebrousWay
Why does Bane takes sabers?

ILS
*shrugs* why does Revan?

slayne
Originally posted by ILS
Sounds like game mechanics fam, but feel free to post links and screenshots to real evidence whenever.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t643680.html

ILS
Originally posted by slayne
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t643680.html That doesn't really do much in proving it's a canon event.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by ILS
*shrugs* why does Revan?

By defeating an amped Malak?

The only things I remember about Bane is him defeating Kas'im on the basis of force prowess and the strike team with Zannah's help. Then, again, I don't remember sh*t about the Bane trilogy other than the beginning of PoD.

Azronger
What's Malak got that'd make defeating him impressive?

Nephthys
Even accounting for Bane's Force advantage, he was still able to perfectly counter all of Kas'im techniques, which encompassed utter mastery of every sequence of every form. Bane's lightsaber skill and physical abilities are more established than Revan's imo so I'd probably give him the win.

On the other hand Revan does use dual blade style, which was Bane's critical weakness in PoD. While I'm certain Bane would have corrected that weakness in the decades afterwards it isn't outright stated so one could make the argument for Revan on that basis.

TenebrousWay
A sh1t ton of accolades and some good feats. But then, again, I'm asking the question as I don't remember as much as I'd like about the Bane trilogy.

Stigma
I can see DoE Bane taking sabers, yeah.

Force: Revan wins here

All-put: I reserve my judgement seeing that there has been a re-awakening of wank concerning Bane.

Intrpd
Originally posted by Stigma
there has been a re-awakening of wank concerning Bane.
this cant be happening

NewGuy01
it's happening for tenebrous tbh

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Nephthys
Even accounting for Bane's Force advantage, he was still able to perfectly counter all of Kas'im techniques, which encompassed utter mastery of every sequence of every form. Bane's lightsaber skill and physical abilities are more established than Revan's imo so I'd probably give him the win.

Kas'im abilites refer to technical mastery, which a good score of characters are also stated to possess and a sh1t ton of others are implied to have as well. Meanwhile, Revan defeated Malak in ridiculous unfavourable circunstances - someone who possess multiple all time accolades referring his power and combative capabilities and is also, holisticaly, much more recognized and acclaimed in the mythos than Kas'im could ever dream to be.

The Ellimist
Well it seems established now that DoE Bane >> Orbalisk Bane >>> RoT Bane >> Freedon Nadd, which is a similar power chain to SoR Revan > KotOR Revan >> SF Malak >> Exar Kun >> Freedon Nadd. On top of that Bane seems to have far better specific dueling accolades.

That being said, it's still very possible that Revan is more powerful than Bane, but I'm not sure if he's a better duelist.

carthage
Love how Nephs headcanon still works even after 4 years kek

Nephthys
Which one?

Freedon Nadd
So, Darth Bane is the Mace Windu of the Sith Order?

darthbane77
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Banites surpass Revan with Plagueis or Sidious. smile With Sidious, post ROTS. smile

darthbane77
Revan, mid diff at most.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by darthbane77
With Sidious, post ROTS. smile

Sidious' power remained the same. The only different thing in his Dark Empire self was his newfound dark side knowledge.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Sidious' power remained the same. The only different thing in his Dark Empire self was his newfound dark side knowledge.
No, he grew in power from ROTS to DE.
@Azronger, can you dish out a few accolades thanks.

carthage
Revan oneshots nexus boy

The Ellimist
Originally posted by darthbane77
With Sidious, post ROTS. smile

lmao

AncientPower
He's right, to be honest. thumb up

Freedon Nadd
No, he grew in power from ROTS to DE.
@Azronger, can you dish out a few accolades thanks.

He grew more powerful in the dark side. Thus, more knowledgeable. Not literally more powerful in the Force.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
He grew more powerful in the dark side. Thus, more knowledgeable. Not literally more powerful in the Force.
Growing more powerful in the dark side is literally growing more powerful in the force.

Freedon Nadd
Nope. That would mean you want to say that the dark side is stronger than the light side which is stupid, by the way. Your raw power has nothing to do with your alignment.

S_W_LeGenD
Revan literally stomp.

MythLord
... on the ground in rage as he realizes he can't beat Bane. smile

Freedon Nadd
Why would not he?

AncientPower
Yes, there's fvck all argument for Bane winning anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.