Rey's Boulder feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rockydonovang
https://youtu.be/vaiaf5v9XB4?t=5m33s

Freedon Nadd
Damn, she ticc.

Nephthys
That's actually a surprisingly good feat for a movie feat.

Stigma
Yeah. Her TK is very good. She may be eclipsing the likes of Revan and Bane in that regard.

Intrpd
^bane tked a couch tho

Kurk
Puts Dooku's obelisk feat to shame

The Ellimist
Possibly the best TK feat in canon other than the Vader stuff.

Nephthys
Sidious choking Maul and Savage is better too.

Its one of the best environmental feats though.

Galan007
Yoda lifting a fcuking mountain is still the best raw TK feat in canon... That will likely never be topped, tbh.

Rey's boulder feat is one of(if not the) best TK/lifting feats in a film, though. The showing is even more impressive when you consider that she has almost NO training(the 'lessons' Luke taught her are it.) Moreover, that was, literally, the first time she ever used TK outside of moving lightsabers... Not too damn shabby, imo.

Intrpd
Originally posted by Galan007
Yoda lifting a fcuking mountain is still the best raw TK feat in canon... That will likely never be topped, tbh.

Rey's boulder feat is one of(if not the) best TK/lifting feats in a film, though. The showing is even more impressive when you consider that she has almost NO training(the 'lessons' Luke taught her are it.) Moreover, that was, literally, the first time she ever used TK outside of moving lightsabers... Not too damn shabby, imo.
which mountain feat?

Kurk

Galan007
Originally posted by Intrpd
which mountain feat? https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37441787_Star_Wars_029-013.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37441788_Star_Wars_029-014.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37441789_Star_Wars_029-015.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37441790_Star_Wars_030-004.jpg

https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37441791_Star_Wars_030-005.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37441792_Star_Wars_030-006.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37441793_Star_Wars_030-007.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37441794_Star_Wars_030-008.jpg

Tzeentch
Wow, she's such a strong character. I've been a dummy my entire life with no real plans other than to just pop out some kids and be a stay-at-home mom, but after watching Ray lift those thousands of pounds of rocks with 0 training or instruction whatsoever in her entire life I'm now inspired to get a stem degree and become an engineer!

Zenwolf
Watch the next movie she performs subpar.

darthbane77
Rey lifted more rocks than Yoda

Rey>>>Yoda confirmed

darthbane77

Rey's boulder feat is one of(if not the) best TK/lifting feats in a film, though. The showing is even more impressive when you consider that she has almost NO training(the 'lessons' Luke taught her are it.) Moreover, that was, literally, the first time she ever used TK outside of moving lightsabers... Not too damn shabby, imo. The mountain feat has been debunked more than once

Kurk

Kurk
Plus would it make sense? Lifts a mountain but struggles to rotate a senate pod and lift an x-wing.

Freedon Nadd
Rey is Palpatine's secret daughter. It all makes sense now. Palps probably conceived her with Jocasta Nu in his office or the Jedi Library.

Kurk
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Rey is Palpatine's secret daughter. It all makes sense now. Palps probably conceived her with Jocasta Nu in his office or the Jedi Library. thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by Kurk
Yeah I want to say that Yoda's mountain feat was proven misleading by someone here a while back...can't remember the specific argument made, but he had assistance from the planet like a nexus. I read DarthAnt's attempt to debunk the feat. Doesn't fly... And some of the other stuff I've seen posted here is outright misleading.

Yoda had no 'help' when he stopped the mountain-creature dead in its tracks and flung it to the ground initially(said 'help' came shortly afterward.). The planet was never stated to be a nexus. Yoda DID, however, experience a moment of 'unity' with the force.

Originally posted by Kurk
Plus would it make sense? Lifts a mountain but struggles to rotate a senate pod and lift an x-wing. First instance he was likely fatigued as a corollary of fighting the most powerful Sith Lord in history. Second instance was hardly a 'struggle', but I digress...

Anywho, the feat was certainly an outlier -- I'm certainly not saying otherwise. Still happened canonically, though, which is all I ever said. smile

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Possibly the best TK feat in canon other than the Vader stuff.
How does Dooku's orbalisk feat compare?

Could you elaborate on why?

Rockydonovang
No, that wasn't it. The stones were "alive" and initally reristed Yoda making tk impossible for him. Yoda then connected to the stones and essentially turned them from foe to friend. So, he connected to the stone, the mountain off course, being made of said stone.

Galan007
Indeed I can, but the crux of the argument comes down to the information in my last post.

Indeed the planet was alive(in a manner of speaking), but it was explicitly stated that Yoda was using the Force to initially stop the mountain creature and hurl it backwards, while simultaneously incapacitating the evildoers in his vicinity... Ergo this bit of dialogue as Yoda was preforming the aforementioned feats:
https://i.imgur.com/KuPxjlY.jpg

And again, the planet itself was never stated to be some sort of nexus that was explicitly amping Yoda or w/e. If you read the story itself without embellishing, it's clear that Yoda experienced a moment of unity with the Force itself by digging deep(the mountain creature was stated to be the most powerful foe he'd ever met up to that point, after all), which allowed him to stop the creature.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Yoda then connected to the stones and essentially turned them from foe to friend. I've read the comics numerous times, and don't remember that being stated.

Was a source ever given for this, or are people just embellishing? Because the mountain creature NEVER became Yoda's 'friend', lol -- it wanted to fuggin kill him.

Rockydonovang
I've read the comics numerous times, and don't remember that being stated.

Was a source ever given for this, or are people just embellishing? Because the mountain creature NEVER became Yoda's 'friend', lol -- it wanted to fuggin kill him.
That was bad phrasing. Yoda learnt how to harness the power within the stones.

You might recall when he meditated and started collecting with the stones?

I don't have the scans on me, it's been a while.

Right, but this is before Yoda meditates and connects to the stones. At the point of the story you're highlighting, Yoda didn't realize the nature of the stones and was simply trying to overwhelm them with brute force.

The Ellimist
@Galan do you remember where the discussion on the feat you cited occurred?

Rockydonovang
think it was on the thread made specifically for the comic

Galan007
That was bad phrasing. Yoda learnt how to harness the power within the stones.

You might recall when he meditated and started collecting with the stones?

I don't have the scans on me, it's been a while.

Right, but this is before Yoda meditates and connects to the stones. At the point of the story you're highlighting, Yoda didn't realize the nature of the stones and was simply trying to overwhelm them with brute force. No, the text I posted was literally stated just as Yoda stopped the mountain and pushed it back. That's why it's relevant. He used the Force to accomplish the feat.

Yoda learned how to connect with the stones, yes(just as every Padawan must learn to connect with their environment ala the Force)... but unique as they were, the stones were still of the Force(Yoda explicitly stated such.) IOW, the mountain being esoteric by nature doesn't mean Yoda wasn't using TK there. He undoubtedly was.

The feat itself is definitely an outlier that came as a corollary of Yoda's moment of unity with the Force... It's still canon, though, and that's my only point. .

Rockydonovang
No, the text I posted was literally stated just as Yoda stopped the mountain and pushed it back. That's why it's relevant. He used the Force to accomplish the feat.

Uh. yeah. him using the force doesn't make clear he used it. That proves nothing.

Yoda already knew how to use the force, he wasn't learning how to use the force again, he was learning how to use the force in a specific way.
That means nothing. Nexuses are of the force, artifacts are of the force, they still allow users to do things they otherwise wouldn't do. Yoda originalty couldn't do anything with the rocks, then he connected with the rocks and was suddenly able to do something we cleary are shown he otherwise can't do.
Something failing to disprove a claim isn't the same as proving a claim.

Galan007
Again:

1.) Yoda was never stated to be amped by any outside sources/nexuses/artifacts. Ever.
2.) Yoda experienced a moment of unity with the Force by digging deep within himself -- and *that* is what allowed him to stop the mountain. Clearly stated on panel.
3.) Yes, Yoda 'connected' with the stones, but like I have reiterated: the stones(like nearly everything else in the SW-verse) are still of the Force. Once Yoda learned how to connect with them, he was able to move/manipulate/influence them with the Force... Cuz he's fcuking Yoda. There is literally no reason at all to assume he was using anything but his own TK in that instance.

If you don't think that proves anything, this 'debate' will clearly go nowhere.

...But lets try this a different way: if you disagree with me, please provide some actual evidence(not just personal conjecture) to the contrary. I'll wait. smile

The Ellimist
Again:

1.) Yoda was never stated to be amped by any outside sources/nexuses/artifacts. Ever.
2.) Yoda experienced a moment of unity with the Force by digging deep within himself -- and *that* is what allowed him to stop the mountain. Clearly stated on panel.
3.) Yes, Yoda 'connected' with the stones, but like I have reiterated: the stones(like nearly everything else in the SW-verse) are still of the Force. Once Yoda learned how to connect with them, he was able to move/manipulate/influence them with the Force... Cuz he's fcuking Yoda. There is literally no reason at all to assume he was using anything but his own TK in that instance.

If you don't think that proves anything, this 'debate' will clearly go nowhere.

...But lets try this a different way: if you disagree with me, please provide some actual evidence(not just personal conjecture) to the contrary. I'll wait. smile

Well, the other question here is whether Yoda's performance is repeatable or performed in some sort of outlier mental state.

Kurk
Well, the other question here is whether Yoda's performance is repeatable or performed in some sort of outlier mental state. thumb up

Galan007
Well, the other question here is whether Yoda's performance is repeatable or performed in some sort of outlier mental state. .....

Anywho, the feat was an outlier -- I'm certainly not saying otherwise. Still happened canonically, though, which is all I ever said. smile Originally posted by Galan007
The feat itself is definitely an outlier that came as a corollary of Yoda's moment of unity with the Force... It's still canon, though, and that's my only point. .

The Ellimist
Alright good for you, I wasn't necessarily contradicting you. erm

Rockydonovang
Proving a possibilty, is not quite the same as proving something happened. So far you've stated conditions that make Yoda using tking possible, not likely.

You don't have anything to support your claim other than logical inference. so you're in no position to tell me logical inference isn't a valid form of proof.

There's two possibilities here

A. Yoda used his connection to the rocks
B. Yoda grew exponentially more powerful in a few hours

The first possibility makes sense as a key part of the comic comes from yoda connecting to the rocks and such a step was considered a necessary prerequisite by Yoda's teacher for Yoda to start using the objects. A general theme thoughout the comic is how the children were disprespecting the mountains by using them as weapons, rather than connecting to them as life. So why would Yoda be shown doing the same thing as the children? The first possibility makes both logical, and thematic sense.

The second possibilty has no precedent. We've never seen Yoda grow at such an exponential rate, further more it doesn't thematically fit as well as the first possibly does.

Considering that, the first possibility is the more likely one.

If you want to counter that, you're going to need to
A. provide proof that Yoda used TK.
B. Explain why possibility b is more logical than possibility A.

Simply saying "Yoda used the force!" means nothing as both possibilities have Yoda using the force. Saying that the rocks are part of the force again, means nothing, as both possibilities work with that fact. Why should we assume it was tk?

LordOfTheLight
Yoda has enough raw power to move a mountain. That's all there is to it. Get this pointless discussion over with already.

Freedon Nadd
People forget that Yoda was on a massive dark side nexus when he performed that poor performance TK feat with the ship(he also could only use a fraction of power to not be detected by darksiders)

So, he was also hindered and only used minimum of his power.

Galan007
Proving a possibilty, is not quite the same as proving something happened. So far you've stated conditions that make Yoda using tking possible, not likely.

You don't have anything to support your claim other than logical inference. so you're in no position to tell me logical inference isn't a valid form of proof.

There's two possibilities here

A. Yoda used his connection to the rocks
B. Yoda grew exponentially more powerful in a few hours

The first possibility makes sense as a key part of the comic comes from yoda connecting to the rocks and such a step was considered a necessary prerequisite by Yoda's teacher for Yoda to start using the objects. A general theme thoughout the comic is how the children were disprespecting the mountains by using them as weapons, rather than connecting to them as life. So why would Yoda be shown doing the same thing as the children? The first possibility makes both logical, and thematic sense.

The second possibilty has no precedent. We've never seen Yoda grow at such an exponential rate, further more it doesn't thematically fit as well as the first possibly does.

Considering that, the first possibility is the more likely one.

If you want to counter that, you're going to need to
A. provide proof that Yoda used TK.
B. Explain why possibility b is more logical than possibility A.

Simply saying "Yoda used the force!" means nothing as both possibilities have Yoda using the force. Saying that the rocks are part of the force again, means nothing, as both possibilities work with that fact. I asked you to provide actual evidence from the comics themselves, not just your own personal conjecture. Instead you provided your own personal conjecture, instead of actual evidence from the comics themselves.

No offense, but there's really no reason to entertain these embellished red herrings you've provided, tbh.

The second possibilty has no precedent. We've never seen Yoda grow at such an exponential rate, further more it doesn't thematically fit as well as the first possibly does. Eh, outliers typically don't have any sort of precedent... They just happen spontaneously in the heat of the moment. That's why they're called 'outliers'. smile

Why should we assume it was tk? Because not one shred of evidence points to it being anything but Yoda preforming a massive TK feat thanks to a moment of unity with the Force. Hence.The.Explicit.Dialogue.

...That's why. thumb up

Galan007
Alright good for you, I wasn't necessarily contradicting you. erm You quoted my post and said this:

"Well, the other question here is whether Yoda's performance is repeatable or performed in some sort of outlier mental state."

...Hence why I responded with some of my previous posts, so that you knew MY opinion on the matter.

Of course the feat is an outlier -- I certainly never implied that Yoda can run around throwing mountains all over the place, lol. I only brought up the feat in the first place because it is *the* best TK feat in canon. Nothing more, nothing less. thumb up

Darth Abonis
Her force potential is equal to Ben's whose potential is higher than Luke's. It appears that nu-canon does not follow that Luke is equal to Anakin.

The_Tempest
It's a great feat, but I maintain the Force is depicted very differently in TLJ than in any other Star Wars film. It's a bit harder to scrutinize IMO.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by The_Tempest
It's a great feat, but I maintain the Force is depicted very differently in TLJ than in any other Star Wars film.

Mind elucidating on this point for me?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Mind elucidating on this point for me?

Gladly. Are you on Hangouts? It'd be easier to do there.

Rockydonovang

Because not one shred of evidence
Denying the evidence of the opposing argument is not the same as providing evidence for your own.

Galan007
Explicit facts from the source material =/= 'evidence', iyo? Interesting... No wonder this discussion has gone nowhere. mmm

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Her force potential is equal to Ben's whose potential is higher than Luke's. It appears that nu-canon does not follow that Luke is equal to Anakin.
Which is a good thing.

Darth Thor
Its an insane feat, and basically yet another Mary Sue moment for the girl with no formal Jedi training.

That said its not a combat feat. So is more of an indication of her raw power/potential than how good she is in actual combat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.