Darth Tenebrous and the Galaxy Unbalancing feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger

Intrpd
another terrible post, just stop az

Freedon Nadd
His posts are usually terrible but he still thinks he is cool and smart(and with facts) because he is part of the Sheev Brigade.

Freedon Nadd
https://youtu.be/ayAu5OkvwGY

AncientPower
Oh boy, I like how you still think that they're the only ones who have done this.

Freedon Nadd
I pitty Azronger. He keeps cherishing attention from likes like ILS and Tempest.

Intrpd
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I pitty Azronger. He keeps cherishing attention from likes like ILS and Tempest.
LMAO

Azronger
laughing out loud

ILS
KMC doesn't even deserve intelligent posts at this point.

But yeah, Tenebrous is a monster.

Azronger
Does he beat Failkorion, ILS?

ILS
Not sure, but it's possible.

Azronger
Could Failkorion will the galaxy into a dark side nexus, or steal midi-chlorians from the Force's control? Could he overpower the will of the Force?

Intrpd
Originally posted by Azronger
Could Failkorion will the galaxy into a dark side nexus, or steal midi-chlorians from the Force's control? Could he overpower the will of the Force?
we have no way of knowing

The Ellimist
Tenebrous > Valkorion seems pretty strong yeah

Azronger
Originally posted by Intrpd
we have no way of knowing

But if people say he can, then it's up to them to prove it. Right now it seems Tenebrous has superior feats, and in the absence of such feats from the other party, we assume the former is stronger, like with any other matchup.

It's also quite ironic how the guy with "no feats" can beat Failkorion in a feat war, isn't it?

Intrpd
no

ILS
Tenebrous' barrier feat is pretty insane, too. The caverns were the size of cathedrals, and the gas explosion was likened to a throat gasping for breath. So the entire cavern was engulfed by the explosion. Tenebrous "contained" the entire explosion, bottlenecking all of it as well as all of the force pushing it forward, and he held it while Plagueis got to his feet, held some slabs and then warned Tenebrous.

Tenebrous then helped with holding up the falling ceiling while the remainder of the explosive flames "licked his back." So he was at that point multi-tasking between containing the remainder of the explosion and holding up stone slabs.

As a feat, it shits on just about every other barrier feat I can think of. Unlike Cade Skywalker's lab explosion feat or Zannah's forest feat, where they just protected themselves inside of bubbles as the explosion washed over them, Tenebrous held the entire cathedral-sized gas explosion at bay in a bottleneck. The fact he was able to multi-task while doing so and the lack of descriptors also suggests it wasn't exactly his most desperate hour, either.

AncientPower
I like how Book of Sith destroys the idea of midichlorian manipulation being overly superior to sorcery. But people can't read, evidently.

Azronger
Originally posted by ILS
Tenebrous' barrier feat is pretty insane, too. The caverns were the size of cathedrals, and the gas explosion was likened to a throat gasping for breath. So the entire cavern was engulfed by the explosion. Tenebrous "contained" the entire explosion, bottlenecking all of it as well as all of the force pushing it forward, and he held it while Plagueis got to his feet, held some slabs and then warned Tenebrous.

Tenebrous then helped with holding up the falling ceiling while the remainder of the explosive flames "licked his back." So he was at that point multi-tasking between containing the remainder of the explosion and holding up stone slabs.

As a feat, it shits on just about every other barrier feat I can think of. Unlike Cade Skywalker's lab explosion feat or Zannah's forest feat, where they just protected themselves inside of bubbles as the explosion washed over them, Tenebrous held the entire cathedral-sized gas explosion at bay in a bottleneck. The fact he was able to multi-task while doing so and the lack of descriptors also suggests it wasn't exactly his most desperate hour, either.

yes

Intrpd
mareks barrier feat is a bit better iirc

Stigma
TBH Marek also seems to be above Valkorion in that regard.

Azronger
What do you think, Stigma? Can Tenebrous unbalance the galaxy? Can he beat Failkorion?

AncientPower
Originally posted by Stigma
TBH Marek also seems to be above Valkorion in that regard.

Given Vaylin protected herself and Senya from the explosion of a hyperdrive at point-blank range with nothing but a purely instinctual barrier, probably not.

Intrpd
how does vaylin having a good barrier mean that so does valkorion lol

Stigma
Originally posted by Azronger
What do you think, Stigma? Can Tenebrous unbalance the galaxy? Can he beat Failkorion?
Hard to say. Whenever I think I have a firm place for Valkorion in the SW pecking order, he still surprises me and manages to go lower on the totem pole.

As of now Tenebrous is superior to Tenebrae, it seems.

AncientPower
how does vaylin having a good barrier mean that so does valkorion lol

He repeatedly one-shots her, that's why. His power is magnitudes greater than her own. She used raw power to summon an instinctual barrier, his being far greater makes that logic pretty easy to follow.

Intrpd
simply being more powerful than someone overall does not mean you are superior to that person with every single force power lol.

AncientPower
Given Valk's barrier is consistently portrayed as beyond everyone else's ability, you're just stretching.

Intrpd
Originally posted by AncientPower
Given Valk's barrier is consistently portrayed as beyond everyone else's ability, you're just stretching.
which barrier feats does he have

AncientPower
When the Outlander summons lightsaber-resistant, hand-sized barriers, because of Valk's power boon, Arcann loses his shit and realises Valk's spirit must be in the Outlander. That same power boon takes the Outlander from one-shot material to victory over Arcann and then Vaylin. It couldn't be more obvious.

Nephthys
Valkorion is obviously vastly superior to chained Vaylin in every respect, lmao.

Intrpd
When the Outlander summons lightsaber-resistant, hand-sized barriers, because of Valk's power boon, Arcann loses his shit and realises Valk's spirit must be in the Outlander. That same power boon takes the Outlander from one-shot material to victory over Arcann and then Vaylin. It couldn't be more obvious.
i think ive seen that before, where he blocks lightsaber strikes with his hand? thats force deflection lol not force barrier

AncientPower
Are you always this dense?

Nephthys
He's a troll, AP. Don't bother.

Intrpd
Are you always this dense?
concession accepted you retarded cross-breed

Intrpd
Originally posted by Nephthys
He's a troll, AP. Don't bother.
lol but how does valks barrier > vaylin just because he is more powerful than her? you wouldnt agree that by the same logic, tenebrous' lightning is > bane's

Nephthys
You can't figure it out for yourself? Just think about it man.

Just think about it.......

Intrpd
Originally posted by Nephthys
You can't figure it out for yourself? Just think about it man.

Just think about it.......
so tenebrous lightning is >>>>>>>>>>>>> bane's? ok

The Ellimist

Given that Vader can do that I suppose this proves Vader > anyone in TOR not named Valkorion. thumb up

The Ellimist

Which one?

Intrpd
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Which one?
he creates a barrier that withstands the heat comparable to the outer layers of a star iirc. forgot which book tho.

ILS
he creates a barrier that withstands the heat comparable to the outer layers of a star iirc. forgot which book tho. Nope, it was just him tanking re-entry heats while falling into earth's atmosphere. Nowhere near star level heats.

I'm guessing a massive gas explosion is hotter than re-entry.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ILS
Nope, it was just him tanking re-entry heats while falling into earth's atmosphere. Nowhere near star level heats.

I'm guessing a massive gas explosion is hotter than re-entry.

Nah the passage says it's heats on the order of the outer layers of a star.

That's not exactly the best barrier feat though.

Nephthys
Arcann's barrier feat is also insane.

Given that Vader can do that I suppose this proves Vader > anyone in TOR not named Valkorion. thumb up

The actual barrier isn't the point, I don't think. 'Thor does the same thing against the First Son essentially. AP's argument is that its Spirit Valk's power boost that enables the Outlander to create barriers powerful enough to withstand Arcann and Vaylin. Naturally Valkorion's full strength would be significantly greater than the Outlanders in this regard.

ILS
Nah the passage says it's heats on the order of the outer layers of a star.

That's not exactly the best barrier feat though. He needed to maintain the Force shield against the sort of heat he might find in the outer layers of a star.

Eh, I'm not clued up enough on physics to know how hot re-entry heats get, but I'm guessing it's not as hot as the outer layers of a star, hence the "might."

And again, he was only shielding himself from the heat, whereas Tenebrous was bottlenecking the whole explosion, so I'd say Tenebrous' is better. Granted Galen then went on to destroy half a frigate at the same time.

The_Tempest
Az, I'm impressed with what you've acccomplished for Nome here. Innocuous details most of us would have (and did) overlook. For such a minor character, Tenebrous is obviously extremely powerful. I suppose between Banite scaling, his cosmically significant esoteric powers, and his standing relative to Plagueis, a credible argument can indeed be made that he's much more powerful than Failkorion.

Intrpd
Originally posted by ILS
He needed to maintain the Force shield against the sort of heat he might find in the outer layers of a star.

Eh, I'm not clued up enough on physics to know how hot re-entry heats get, but I'm guessing it's not as hot as the outer layers of a star, hence the "might."

And again, he was only shielding himself from the heat, whereas Tenebrous was bottlenecking the whole explosion, so I'd say Tenebrous' is better. Granted Galen then went on to destroy half a frigate at the same time.
in any case, both are very impressive. arguing which one is better is probably borderline impossible

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ILS
He needed to maintain the Force shield against the sort of heat he might find in the outer layers of a star.

tbh though it hurts Starkiller to say this, a lot of explosions would generate higher temperatures anyway.

Azronger
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Az, I'm impressed with what you've acccomplished for Nome here. Innocuous details most of us would have (and did) overlook. For such a minor character, Tenebrous is obviously extremely powerful. I suppose between Banite scaling, his cosmically significant esoteric powers, and his standing relative to Plagueis, a credible argument can indeed be made that he's much more powerful than Failkorion.

I am honored one as far above us mortals as yourself has descended down from Sheev's heaven to not only acknowledge, but to give praise to such a lowly cretin as I. I am forever your servant, Master, and will not rest until Failkorion lies in the dirt. Right now, it seems Tenebrous has surpassed him. The notion will be cemented in the coming weeks, I assure you.

ILS
in any case, both are very impressive. arguing which one is better is probably borderline impossible Not really. Galen putting a shield over himself so the explosion passes over him, versus Tenebrous holding back a cathedral-sized cavern's worth of explosive energy is a clear win for Tenebrous.

Azronger
The explosion was also powerful enough to knock Plagueis to the ground, for whatever that may be worth.

Intrpd
Originally posted by ILS
Not really. Galen putting a shield over himself so the explosion passes over him, versus Tenebrous holding back a cathedral-sized cavern's worth of explosive energy is a clear win for Tenebrous.
tenebrous contained the fireball that emerged from the explosion of cathedral sized caverns.

starkiller contained air hotter than ordinary flame (metal rungs had turned red from heat) that would have fried him if not for his barrier, then maintaining the shield against heat comparable to outer layers of a star and raindrops that hit with the force of thermal detonators while simultaneously holding the ship together and then practically disintegrating what remained of the frigate.

how is tenebrous' barrier superior lol.

NewGuy01

prolly tbh

ILS
Because I see little evidence outside of flowery descriptions that SK was dealing with anything hotter than atmospheric re-entry.

His use of TK obviously makes the feat way more impressive I agree, but the use of Force Barrier itself was more impressive on Tenebrous' part.

Intrpd
Originally posted by NewGuy01
prolly tbh
i told ant to greet you from me, did he?

Intrpd
Originally posted by ILS
Because I see little evidence outside of flowery descriptions that SK was dealing with anything hotter than atmospheric re-entry.

His use of TK obviously makes the feat way more impressive I agree, but the use of Force Barrier itself was more impressive on Tenebrous' part.
but he simultaneously devoted energy to presumably using the force to ground himself to the ship and using the force to keep the ship from falling apart, then tk'ing the ship. and still his barrier was resisting raindrops of energy compared to thermal detonators and outer-star-layer heat. this barrier would almost certainly have needed more concentration to pull off than ''simply'' contain the fireball from the cave explosion that tenebrous did, in my opinion. but unless you have any way to reliably quantify heat levels or similar of each event, then it is impossible to justify our opinions other than ''i feel like...''. arguing subjective interpretations is a waste of time

ILS
Fine by me ningen.

NewGuy01
2015 ils would be ashamed of this filthy weebshit coming out of your mouth, 2018 ils. no

ILS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
2015 ils would be ashamed of this filthy weebshit coming out of your mouth, 2018 ils. no I blame you, personally.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ILS
I blame you, personally.

Fair.

S_W_LeGenD
These Sith existed in an era in which midichlorians of a living being could be observed with relevant tools (and experimented with). How exactly is this an indication of superiority in strength over ancients who did not had access to similar tools? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Throughout history, scores of Force-users have defied the will of the Force by cheating death; Valkorion being the most prominent case in this matter.

What is so special about Darth Tenebrous preventing a tiny fraction of his midichlorians to be subsumed into Cosmic Force after death?

Revan kept his body "animated" with sheer force of will, after his apparent death in a fight with an Imperial Strike Team. Revan's act of defiance was so intense that his spirit lurked separately from his animated corpse - and this caused a massive disturbance in the Force that could be felt from anywhere.

Flowery explanation notwithstanding, Darths Tenebrous and Plagueis were strong in the Force and really good scientists on top with the luxury to observe and experiment with midichlorians.

Perhaps some are not aware of accomplishments of Darth Scabrous:

In the dining hall, Lussk was watching the dead awaken.

He saw it with two sets of eyes: the ones he'd had when he'd been alive, and the strange new vision that the Sickness had given him. On some intuitive level he understood that the first set was fading, going blind, and that was fine with him, absolutely fine. The Sickness had given him everything he'd hoped for, everything he wanted, power and strength beyond all imagining. It had altered the midi-chlorians in his bloodstream, telescoping his natural abilities, enhancing them exponentially.

He had been here, of course, when the things burst out of the kitchen, and he'd defended himself adroitly with a series of Force pushes and acrobatic jumps while weaker and less skilled students had fallen and been devoured. Within minutes the things from the kitchen had transformed the dining hall into a charnel house of untrammeled butchery. Now the floors were slick with blood.

The newly dead were rising slowly, shuffling to their feet. Rising up with them, Lussk stared into their faces, faces that he recognized from the academy, now contorted into something utterly new. He felt no fear at the sight of them, no sense of foreboding-only a slick dark fascination.

I'm looking at my future, he thought, and shivered with anticipation. It was a good future, he realized, an endless future, a place of unfathomable possibility.

He saw it all now. The rumor was that Darth Scabrous had been experimenting with an immortality drug, a remedy for death itself, and Lussk saw now that the Sith Lord had been successful beyond his wildest dreams and most deranged nightmares. These things had transcended death. The power they held was beyond anything taught here at the academy. Before it, both Jedi and Sith were nothing, less than nothing, infinitesimal crumbs in the vast expanse of the universe.

Taken from Red Harvest

Darth Plagueis's demonstration of briefly re-animating the corpse of Darth Venamis pales in comparison to accomplishments of Darth Scabrous in relatively disadvantaged circumstances.

Darth Scabrous >>>>>

ILS
Both Tenebrous and Plagueis can observe midichlorians through the Force, Tenebrous in particular can observe them individually.

no expression

Rockydonovang
Meh, I still favor valk over tene but I'm open to being convinced.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ILS
Both Tenebrous and Plagueis can observe midichlorians through the Force, Tenebrous in particular can observe them individually.

no expression
Mind telling me that at what point in their lives they were able to do that?

They lived in an era in which midichlorians were "well-understood." And both were scientists on top.

ILS
There's more than a few quotes on this, but these should surely suffice:

Darth Plagueis

The Tenebrous Way

And for Tenebrous:
The Tenebrous Way

Freedon Nadd
I swear that Az's post is so stupid that he has problems in reading the text.

You see. The text flatly says that the only reason Tenebrous managed to do that was by creating a retroviruse using his Bith intellect and senses. He didn't do anything via the Force to challenge the Force's rule. Instead he did it via science(a non-Force method). He didn't do anything via his own raw power in the Force. He didn't impose his own will over the Force, so the Force didn't respond back.

Freedon Nadd
I think Red Harvest implies that Lussk can also perceive the midi-chlorians. Not only that, but in order for Scabrous to alter the properties of midi-chlorians, he has to Force-perceive them in the first place.

Haschwalth
Sorry why is noticing midichlorians in your body dying impressive, when you have the likes of Soa mentally affecting people, across the galaxy, which is Far far far far far bigger, in terms of pinpointing something than pinpointing certain midichlorians.

Haschwalth
Creating Holocrons require manipulation at the atomic level anyway, which the likes of Child vitiate can do.

Freedon Nadd

Haschwalth
So the collective order of the sith, blinded the collective order of the Jedi, not surprised when they have Vitiate.

But meh, Sidious highhandedly Blocked the Jedi's connection to foresight, during order 66, resulting in the Jedi purge.

CannibalCupcake
yup^

MythLord
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Darth Plagueis's demonstration of briefly re-animating the corpse of Darth Venamis pales in comparison to accomplishments of Darth Scabrous in relatively disadvantaged circumstances.

Darth Scabrous >>>>>

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/6273525-weird+al.gif

CannibalCupcake
Originally posted by MythLord
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/6273525-weird+al.gif
this gif is ****ing perfect LMFAO

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Haschwalth
So the collective order of the sith, blinded the collective order of the Jedi, not surprised when they have Vitiate.

But meh, Sidious highhandedly Blocked the Jedi's connection to foresight, during order 66, resulting in the Jedi purge.

Exactly. This proves that even Vitiate is capable of such cosmic feats. As about Palpatine. It was much easier for Palpatine to hinder the Jedi's sight by himself because he and Plagueis mostly did it when they underwent that Sith meditation of suffusing the galaxy with the power of the dark side.

Note: I do not thing that Vitiate had anything to do with what Malgus said. I think Malgus said that the Sith Emperor isn't concerned with the fate of the empire. Even, so, this proves that if someone like Malgus could do that with a collective of Sith, what stops Vitiate from doing that by himself? Probably because Vitiate doesn't care about the Jedi nor the Sith, he only faced them when necessary.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.