Kitty Pryde Vs Cassandra Cain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/9c/3c/0a/9c3c0a419d1db81ff7146b09e54ed126--kitty-pryde-vol-.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fb/ab/37/fbab37a517a7c9fbdffb5513ac3d4a5e.jpg

deathslash
Kitty kills her with ease.

Magnon
Well, if Kitty is fighting seriously she can just phase all of her surroundings, have Cass fall into the ground, and then re-solidify it. Game over.

Cable_Extreme
Kitty's power will allow her to win, Cassy can't touch her.

StiltmanFTW
Kitty (at her best) is an excellent fighter even without her powers.

With phasing, it seems to be a stomp. Cassandra would need to study her in order to have a chance.

Or... maybe... her body reading ability would triumph here? All depends on a writer's whim, honestly. Interesting match.

leonidas
cass could predict the moves but if she can't touch her, no counters are going to matter. not sure how cass can win this if kitty isn't neutered. and kitty is extremely skilled in h2h, def one of the best x-men. but cass would demolish her in straight h2h.

riv6672
Interesting, thanks Leo. thumb up

EDIT
Does Cass not have bat gear/does Kitty still need to breathe/is she vulnerable to sonics?

cdtm
Kitty won't be starting out phased.

Cass is pretty fast. I'm sure someone can show Kitty phasing through bullets and such, but Cass has some feats that put her on par with a low end speedster.

Per example:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3315911-if+12.jpg

Whoops, wrong scan. That's against a speedster, btw. thumb up

Here it is:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/132956/3483965-3.png

It's an old and famous scan. Notice how she's weaving in front of another bullet in each panel?

That's like a scene out of The Matrix.

Fast enough to cross the distance and KO Kitty before she can phase? I dunno.. probably not.

There's another scan where she leaves a Flash like speed trail and a lot of bodies, but I can't find it at the moment.

Smurph
Kitty's a ninja trained to instantly phase at the sound of a gunshot. Cass isn't hitting her off the bat by melee or projectile before Kitty phases.

leonidas
thumb up even if the distance was a LOT less than 0.5km, cass isn't hitting her before she phases. no chance.

Glorificus
Kitty stomps.

cdtm
Originally posted by Smurph
Kitty's a ninja trained to instantly phase at the sound of a gunshot. Cass isn't hitting her off the bat by melee or projectile before Kitty phases.

That puts her in Matt's category.

IMO, Cass is quite a bit faster. More in line with Spider-Man (Who does things like nailing Sue with webbing before she can react to raise her shield, and she was trained by Cap.)

Philosophía
I've had the same talk pertaining to other characters, and I'm not in the school of thought of taking street levelers feats against bullets as anything resembling mathematical interpretations, otherwise many of them would be supersonic, which is absurd.

So while I'm ok with saying Cassie dodges bullet-times with much greater ease than any street leveler and scaling up to their relative speed, I won't say that makes her able to move 500m in 1 second or so...even though it should.

As for the thread, unless Cassandra pulls an electric batarang or something, given kitty's vulnerability to those types of attacks, she doesn't really have anything she can do.

Smurph
Originally posted by cdtm
That puts her in Matt's category.

IMO, Cass is quite a bit faster. More in line with Spider-Man (Who does things like nailing Sue with webbing before she can react to raise her shield, and she was trained by Cap.) AFAIK, despite still having superhero reflexes, Kitty's only reflexes that are on Matt's level relate to phasing.

But building off what Phil said, Cass would need other exceptional speed feats before I would put her anywhere near Parker. He has speed feats of all different varieties to build a more comprehensive picture of his degree of super speed.

RealityWarper
The problem is that Cassandra cannot counter Kitty's intangibility.

cdtm
Ok guys, here's the important 20 dollar question.

We all agree Danny would beat Kitty, right? (RW doesn't count.)

StiltmanFTW
In just a few days, you've shown us you have no idea who Kraven is or what KMC Versus rules are. Log out, cd.

cdtm
Priest called his son Kraven, so any reasonable person unfamiliar with the character would assume he's Kraven.

And which rule?

Smurph
Ok guys, here's the important 20 dollar question.

We all agree Danny would beat Kitty, right? (RW doesn't count.) lol, no.

StiltmanFTW
Priest called his son Kraven, so any reasonable person unfamiliar with the character would assume he's Kraven.

And which rule?

Jason called himself Batman, doesn't make him one.

0.5km. There's no f*cking way Kitty wouldn't be able to enter the melee in her intangible state.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

0.5km. There's no f*cking way Kitty wouldn't be able to enter the melee in her intangible state.

I bet Spidey could blitz at half a mile.

And I've barely read any Spidey, as the Kraven knowledge makes pretty clear. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
No, he couldn't.

And Cassie isn't Parker.

cdtm
Half a mile isn't that far. If you're operating around the speed of sound.

I'll see about digging up that speedster scan for Cass.

StiltmanFTW
I saw plenty of Cass' scans and not a single one of them shows her quicksilvering through 500 metres...

Smurph
Half a mile isn't that far. If you're operating around the speed of sound.

I'll see about digging up that speedster scan for Cass. Starting distance is 0.5 km, not 0.5 of a mile. That would be 800 metres.

Smurph
I saw plenty of Cass' scans and not a single one of them shows her quicksilvering through 500 metres... Stilt, you spell metre re? Are you Canadian?

cdtm
Starting distance is 0.5 km, not 0.5 of a mile. That would be 800 metres.

Damned metric system..

StiltmanFTW
Stilt, you spell metre re? Are you Canadian?

No, English is not even my native language. I'm Polish and I've been taught British English.

Damned metric system..

It actually helps your case... you realize that, right? stick out tongue

cdtm
Half polish American. Third gen. Great grandfather lived to 99.

Anything American just means American to most people, I know. smile

spetznaz

riv6672
^^^good reasoning, really.
I (personally) think this would be Kitty's fight to lose, but, Cass could make her lose it.

Actually it does. It makes him -a- Batman. Not -the- Batman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.