Strongest ToP opponents that Future Trunks can challenge?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
With all the wank Trunks got in the previous arc, along with SSJ Rage form and zenkais/anger boosts on the fly like the other saiyans typically do now, whose the strongest opponents in the ToP that Future Trunks can give a legit fighting challenge to? Assuming spirit sword would only work on evil opponents...

https://i.imgur.com/lzBcCXW.gif

His Super Galick Gun blew away Black too which did him in for a good couple minutes, so he's no pushover, though curious as to where he'd rank in the ToP, U7 team or otherwise.

NewGuy01
Trunks would be the mvp.

Galan007
Toppo.

Ridley_Prime
Trunks could have definitely competed with 17 as the mvp, but in the end infinite stamina probably would've outlasted random anger boosts, though would have been interesting regardless.

Pre-GoD Toppo or current Toppo? Could see Trunks giving the former a good fight, though don't know about the latter...

Galan007
Normal Toppo.

Hakaishin Toppo would slaughter Trunks.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Trunks could have definitely competed with 17 as the mvp, but in the end infinite stamina probably would've outlasted random anger boosts, though would have been interesting regardless.

Would agree, except for one little thing: As the apprentice of a Kaioshin, Trunks has healing powers. Granted, thusfar in the ToP everyone seems to heal on their own in 1-2 minutes after being exhausted/wounded, but logically that should have been an invaluable asset.

Galan007
Yeah, what a random ability to give Trunks on the fly.

Trunks: "Brehs, I was an apprentice of my timeline's Kaioshin... Even though I have no f*cking clue how to use my healing powerz, I got this!" laughing out loud

Anyway, that ability would be handy until Trunks himself began getting fatigued from continuous battle, then probably not so much.

One Big Mob
Anime Trunks only seemed to do so well because he was going all out with every attack along with him combining SS2, roid mode SS, and whatever the **** the Blue aura was. It'd be like Goku or Vegeta never throttling down, and every attack was meant to destroy everything. If he did this in ToP he'd be out of power every battle... not that it means anything apparently.
Manga Trunks was a pussy though with healing powers. He was basically background with no boosts to his power.

The sword would also be against the rules.

Ridley_Prime
I actually forgot about Trunks' healing ability. Yeah, that was kinda random for him to have, even with him studying under his timeline's Kaioshins. I think he'd be smart enough to conserve energy to a point in the ToP though.

Manga Trunks was meh. Not counting the Zeno button, I was fine with the idea of Trunks saving the day/landing the final attack on Zamasu, as it was his arc, his timeline, interesting as Mastered SSJB was, but it just boiled down to Goku time again... Anime Trunks was at least a counterpoint to the criticism that DB Super is only a Goku and Vegeta wankfest.

True about the sword unfortunately. Then again, rules are apparently made to be bent if Zeno finds it cool.

NewGuy01
Well, in Super, the special powers of the Kais seem to be bestowed rather than learned; more like "privileges" than abilities. It's a little out of left field, but makes about as much sense as anything else in DB.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.