How seriously do you take your politics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
At the end of the day, do you see all the "hot button" topics and "talking points" as particularly important? Or as something less..?

Surtur
Super serious. One time this person I wanted to win didn't win, so I ran around outside screaming and smashing things and saying "not my elected official" over and over.

A year later, to commemorate the loss and show everyone how much of an adult I truly am, I shouted at the sky.

snowdragon
Originally posted by cdtm
At the end of the day, do you see all the "hot button" topics and "talking points" as particularly important? Or as something less..?

Politicians really appeal to the lowest common denominator of most cultures. What I mean more specifically is for constituents they boost appeal leveraging fear and greed. To their donors, of course, they obsequiously offer more control so that they might garner some power themselves.

Blindside12
Originally posted by Surtur
Super serious. One time this person I wanted to win didn't win, so I ran around outside screaming and smashing things and saying "not my elected official" over and over.

A year later, to commemorate the loss and show everyone how much of an adult I truly am, I shouted at the sky.

Sick Burn

CroftAlice
I change the channel very quickly.I hate the politicians in my country

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm
Re: How seriously do you take your politics?
Not very.

Before i retired from the Army, politics could/did have a huge impact on my life, now, not so much.

Silent Master
Not at all, I learned a long time ago both sides are massively corrupt and not to be trusted.

People get so invested in their side winning they don't stop to consider that the person they're supporting is a piece of crap that should never be allowed anywhere near power. But they justify it to themselves with cries of "but the other side is worse".

Flyattractor
I hate Politics but view it as a Unnecessary EVIL!!!!!!

Kurk
I don't give a rat's ass about mainstream politics. At the end of the day, everything I do is done because it suits me. I can only assume this applies to other people in positions of power and wealth.

riv6672
You're in a position of power and wealth? stick out tongue

Beniboybling
his mother serves him meals and snacks to his basement on demand, what do you think?

MythLord

I legitimately laughed when I watched those videos... Friggin' hilarious.

Kurk
Originally posted by riv6672
You're in a position of power and wealth? stick out tongue Originally posted by Beniboybling
his mother serves him meals and snacks to his basement on demand, what do you think?

You shall see. I'm sure both of you are hot sh1t though.

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord
I legitimately laughed when I watched those videos... Friggin' hilarious.

Have you seen the info wars one? People can hate on Alex Jones, but it's not him who does it(I do not know the guys name, but I've only seen him do shit like this, not any of the crazy conspiracy stuff(though its possible he does that as well). But he goes to one of those things that happened that night, this one in Austin, Texas. While they are screaming he's going "this is actually happening, this is actually happening". It's hilarious.

5hy4zNZ1f8I

Why was one of the screamers dressed in a costume, holding a stuffed animal that is a turtle and the turtle has a megaphone attached to its mouth? Yeah...I don't know. One woman yells it is "fun performance art, keeping it weird".

Also lol@ "hey it's Jake Lloyd everybody"

MythLord
Honestly...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
This will forever be my favourite. The way she's dressed, just how much she screams, the soul moving poetry about beauty and devastation just... just wow.

Kurk
Honestly...
This will forever be my favourite. The way she's dressed, just how much she screams, the soul moving poetry about beauty and devastation just... just wow. Knowing these people exist is just depressing.

MythLord
To be fair, though, knowing people who support the KKK still exist is also depressing.

Surtur
Honestly...
This will forever be my favourite. The way she's dressed, just how much she screams, the soul moving poetry about beauty and devastation just... just wow.

Well, to be fair, that video you showed is a woman screaming over his inauguration. The moment he truly became president.

Those protesters...they were just being emotional babies.

But for the other thing, they literally said from the beginning they are going to specifically shout at the sky. The whole thing was billed that way.

The other instances are people just throwing tantrums. Here is my favorite, two videos of the same event, one picking up right after the other, but from a different angle:

Gy6spOAbxhg

HyEXV5fZTrY

Kurk
To be fair, though, knowing people who support the KKK still exist is also depressing. True, but I detest immaturity more than racism. Emotionally unstable man-children/women are next to impossible to change as they're prone to lash out against anything they don't like, while a mature person, even if racist, at least has the capacity to listen and understand opposing view points before making their decision.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Kurk
True, but I detest immaturity more than racism. Emotionally unstable man-children/women are next to impossible to change as they're prone to lash out against anything they don't like, while a mature person, even if racist, at least has the capacity to listen and understand opposing viewpoints before making their decision. Lashing out worked for Ghengis Khan and pretty much every successful conqueror I can think of, including Trump.

Kurk
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Lashing out worked for Ghengis Khan and pretty much every successful conqueror I can think of, including Trump. How much for your source code?

MythLord
Well, to be fair, that video you showed is a woman screaming over his inauguration. The moment he truly became president.

Those protesters...they were just being emotional babies.

But for the other thing, they literally said from the beginning they are going to specifically shout at the sky. The whole thing was billed that way.

The other instances are people just throwing tantrums. Here is my favorite, two videos of the same event, one picking up right after the other, but from a different angle:

Gy6spOAbxhg

HyEXV5fZTrY

It's sad, I can't even laugh at it.

SquallX

Putinbot1
How much for your source code? Mr friend the AI Proteus has something for you.

dadudemon
It's sad, I can't even laugh at it.

Indeed. She has some mental issues that she needs help with.

...dadudemon tangent time...

We wouldn't laugh (if you were any sort of educated and mature) at a man struggling to walk who had Cerebral Palsy so why is it okay to laugh at a person who clearly has a mental illness?

Both of them have "defects."

It's easier for us to classify and assign acceptable reactionary behaviors to physical illnesses because we can quickly observe and digest the situation. Not so for mental illnesses. I think this is culture.

Adam_PoE
True, but I detest immaturity more than racism.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS/giphy.gif

TEmotionally unstable man-children/women are next to impossible to change as they're prone to lash out against anything they don't like . . .

Which makes them different from racists how?

. . . while a mature person, even if racist, at least has the capacity to listen and understand opposing view points before making their decision.

Racism is not rational. "Mature" racists simply look to have their prejudices confirmed. That is an entrenched, nigh-impenetrable confirmation bias that is worse than emotion-based decision-making.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by dadudemon

We wouldn't laugh (if you were any sort of educated and mature) at a man struggling to walk who had Cerebral Palsy so why is it okay to laugh at a person who clearly has a mental illness?

It's easier for us to classify and assign acceptable reactionary behaviors to physical illnesses because we can quickly observe and digest the situation. Not so for mental illnesses. I think this is culture.

The difference is that one is visible and the other is not. Observers can see a physical disability, but they cannot see mental illness. So they think it is someone who is behaving badly.

Surtur

Lol. I just can't help but laugh. Her feeble attempts at throwing that trash can...come on now. Then her "Omg I believe in equal rights!". She's not retarded. just spoiled and dumb. They have not had to use critical thinking skills because they have been able to tantrum their way out of everything prior to this.

MythLord

Indeed. There's a big problem in people not understanding mental illness properly. I've known someone who hanged himself because of poor handling of his depression, because despite him actually having a doctor's verification that he is diagnosed with it, people still said he should "get over it".

Sad.

Lol. I just can't help but laugh. Her feeble attempts at throwing that trash can...come on now. Then her "Omg I believe in equal rights!". She's not retarded. just spoiled and dumb. They have not had to use critical thinking skills because they have been able to tantrum their way out of everything prior to this.

I think it'd help if someone tried to calm her down instead of 20 people filming...

Flyattractor
When the "Mental Illness" is Political Stupidity.

Yeah. It is ok to Laugh at it LONG AND HARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurk
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Racism is not rational. "Mature" racists simply look to have their prejudices confirmed. That is an entrenched, nigh-impenetrable confirmation bias that is worse than emotion-based decision-making.

https://i.imgflip.com/1l2kw8.jpg

kevdude
Very serious, its the one thing that controls the defense of the country and the debt which controls our money. We see the ruin of countries who have let to much Leftism run things for to long.

Surtur
Indeed. There's a big problem in people not understanding mental illness properly. I've known someone who hanged himself because of poor handling of his depression, because despite him actually having a doctor's verification that he is diagnosed with it, people still said he should "get over it".

Sad.

I think it'd help if someone tried to calm her down instead of 20 people filming...

These people aren't her shrinks or her friends. She is an adult throwing a temper tantrum in public. It's not on other people to curb her spoiled behavior. The fact she was dumb enough to do this in public during a time when everyone has a phone with a camera on it is her own stupid choice.

Kurk
These people aren't her shrinks or her friends. She is an adult throwing a temper tantrum in public. It's not on other people to curb her spoiled behavior. The fact she was dumb enough to do this in public during a time when everyone has a phone with a camera on it is her own stupid choice. It's concerning knowing how this one outburst of hers may have just ruined any prospect of her landing a job after college (presuming she's in school).

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Do you believe racism is innate to all people?

As in, are white liberals and white conservatives likely both racist to varying degrees?

I ask, because I've heard tell by some activists that the goal of social activism isn't to stamp out racism.. It's to keep it "in the closet", and make sure there's a stiff social cost for expressing racism.

Surtur
It's concerning knowing how this one outburst of hers may have just ruined any prospect of her landing a job after college (presuming she's in school).

Did you mean hilarious and type concerning? Lol.

Just kidding(half kidding). But if someone denies her some job over this she'll just play the victim.

Kurk
Racism is never going away, at least not the idea that humans will continue to stereotype and discriminate out of instinct/irrationality.

E.g

Walking down the streets of Cleveland, I tend to have a physiological reaction in the form of increased heart-rate, diaphoresis, etc when a person, whether they be of African American or Caucasian descent, approaches me on the sidewalk wearing bummy clothes.

I don't experience the same reaction when someone is wearing business casual attire and their appearance is neat.

Would someone like to explain to me what is happening here and how it differs from racism? Instead of discriminating based on skin color I do so by overall appearance.

Kurk

Surtur
I like to give homeless people change, but it's canadian money that they can't spend. So they get their hopes up and then whoops!

Surtur

Kurk
I like to give homeless people change, but it's canadian money that they can't spend. So they get their hopes up and then whoops! lol, so cruel

On the other hand, if this is the kind of person she is shouldn't an employer have a right to know?

Sure, but who gets to deal with the liability of an unemployed, unstable SJW? As a selfish member of society is it worse to have an unemployed, possible welfare-abusing SJW running around rampant or have their behavior possibly harm a company, causing prices for the consumer to increase?

jaden101
I like to give homeless people change, but it's canadian money that they can't spend. So they get their hopes up and then whoops!

Why do you have Canadian money? Do you go there because you're a closet liberal?

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101
Why do you have Canadian money? Do you go there because you're a closet liberal?

Hilariously I sometimes get back some canadian coins in my change. So it's possible these homeless people legit got to spend it without any trouble.

cdtm
lol, so cruel

Sure, but who gets to deal with the liability of an unemployed, unstable SJW? As a selfish member of society is it worse to have an unemployed, possible welfare-abusing SJW running around rampant or have their behavior possibly harm a company, causing prices for the consumer to increase?

At least an SJW is honest (You'd hope)

The thing I can't stand is how universities and the media pander to that crowd, and no one seems to notice they're all really Neo-Liberals with good jobs, a pension, or beholden to rich capitalists.

Talk is cheap, and all they do is talk. But who's organizing the downfall of capitalism or the next revolution?

riv6672
Originally posted by Beniboybling
haha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.