Despero Vs Champion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Boxing match

tkitna
Champion

Zack M
Both at standard levels? Despero wins a large majority.

riv6672
Despero, works for me.

tkitna
Wasn't aware Despero had such great boxing skills.

riv6672
its that third eye, his opponents dont know where to aim, throws them off.

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
its that third eye, his opponents dont know where to aim, throws them off.

That would also get him disqualified for the exact same reasons that a character attempting to use wresting moves, kicks, and or elbow strikes in a boxing match would be disqualified for. Just saying.

DarkSaint85
Boxing matches have rules against TP? Damn.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Boxing matches have rules against TP? Damn.

Well TP isn't boxing. The Champion would only be using skill. Despero's TP would be nullified by powers above his station, and would be auto expelled for even making the attempt. Look at what happened to Hulk when he broke regulations.

Can Despero out box the Champion? Probably not. On top of it all, Champion is much larger than Despero, weighing in at 5 tons, as well as being able to change size to a degree. The degree being his true height.

riv6672
That wonky eye, yo.

Zack M
Didn't Champion lose to Thing? Despero is several tiers above both, physically. Despero should stomp everytime.

Bentley
Thing is too much for either.

ermm

Zack M
Maybe with the Infinity Gauntlet.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Well TP isn't boxing. The Champion would only be using skill. Despero's TP would be nullified by powers above his station, and would be auto expelled for even making the attempt. Look at what happened to Hulk when he broke regulations.

Can Despero out box the Champion? Probably not. On top of it all, Champion is much larger than Despero, weighing in at 5 tons, as well as being able to change size to a degree. The degree being his true height.

Lol.

So powers like size changing are allowed, because reasons.

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack M
Didn't Champion lose to Thing? Despero is several tiers above both, physically. Despero should stomp everytime.
Champion didnt lose, Ben went the distance.

https://i.imgflip.com/24oqcb.jpg

Ben having only two big beautiful blue eyes worked against him, obviously. An unsurmountable ocular deficit.
Tremendous show of heart by Ben, though.

Parmaniac
Has Champion ever done anything impressive without the Power Gem? On first look I thought this would be a terrible stomp in Despero's favor.

tkitna
Originally posted by Zack M
Didn't Champion lose to Thing?

Thing was lucky to have survived the match, but he went the distance due to his boxing skills, in which Despero has none.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by tkitna
Thing was lucky to have survived the match, but he went the distance due to his boxing skills, in which Despero has none.

Which simply tells me that Champion's strength/durability/speed isn't leagues above Thing's.

If I got into the ring with a guy who was Mike Tyson's physical equal, doesn't matter how skilled I am - I'd get ruined. It's why we have weight divisions in boxing.

riv6672
^^^What's your weight class, or would it be if you boxed?

One Big Mob
Which simply tells me that Champion's strength/durability/speed isn't leagues above Thing's.

If I got into the ring with a guy who was Mike Tyson's physical equal, doesn't matter how skilled I am - I'd get ruined. It's why we have weight divisions in boxing. Champion was portrayed as quite a bit above Thing... at least prior to the Thing fight. Ben was just more durable than he's ever been and gave him a great feat.

That being said, Champ is worthless without his gem now. With it, he should win. Without it, he loses badly.

DarkSaint85
If I could claim to be any kind of a pugilist, it would be as a light heavyweight.

tkitna

If I got into the ring with a guy who was Mike Tyson's physical equal, doesn't matter how skilled I am - I'd get ruined. It's why we have weight divisions in boxing.

The difference in physical stats between the Champion and Despero is no where near as lopsided as you and somebody of Mike Tysons ilk.

In a boxing match, the Champion would own this. A random encounter and its totally different.

DarkSaint85
Exactly.

Hence my point.

The gap between Thing and Champion isn't as great as Tyson and I.

Because Tyson would kill me. Thing would give Champion a good fight before losing.

Ergo, Champion is close to Thing in stats.

One Big Mob
I'm pretty sure I'm stronger than Tyson was, or at least lifted more weight than him in every area (while being about 20 pounds less than him), though it's hard to get an actual number for him. He would still knock my soul out of my body.

It's hard to quantify the speed and power he had and then compare it to comic characters. The speed in which he could extend his hips is something you will never see spoken of in comics for example. Not only that but his skill as well. He didn't do a bunch of gay flips, but he was just as impressive if not more so with what he did.
For example you'd have to start looking at superspeed causing misses to get a comparable example with Lomachenko and what he does. He is however not that much faster than humans to that degree. Comics just portray skill gaps and the like like shit. Which naturally creates a disparity between how people think things should work, and what comics actually show.

That being said, Thing punches above his level. His level of strength in relation to his punching power is imbalanced. And his durability is pretty high as well. Namor is another being like this.
Despero and Champion lack that X factor. Despero is simply way stronger than normal Champion. And Champion is pretty much what people pretend Hulk is with the gem. Despero can contend with him, but he can't win, or shouldn't.
Champion should have a large skill advantage but it really doesn't come out except in very few choice fights. We can assume this is a non factor.

Stoic
Lol.

So powers like size changing are allowed, because reasons.

Never said that. But he could naturally be taller than his opponent if the opportunity presented itself without breaking the rules. TP on the other hand would be against the rules. We both know this.

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Champion was portrayed as quite a bit above Thing... at least prior to the Thing fight. Ben was just more durable than he's ever been and gave him a great feat.

That being said, Champ is worthless without his gem now. With it, he should win. Without it, he loses badly.

You may be correct. Despero could be too strong for the Champion. Not sure about that one though, because the same things that apply to the Champion could equally be applied to Despero. Look at how well Aquaman did against him. Champion is definitely a class 100 character, we just have yet to see his upper limits when it comes to lifting feats.

riv6672
If I could claim to be any kind of a pugilist, it would be as a light heavyweight.
Nice. Size -and- speed.
Heavyweight here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.