Superman Vs Thor Sword fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
They are in a arena and can only use swords

ShadowFyre
They both break their swords on each other. This is a tossup Imo. Supes has never even picked up a sword to my knowledge so he is at a serious disadvantage but his speed should allow him to do basic parries and blocks and slashes fast enough to stay in the fight for awhile.

Both also have insane damage soak so it's gonna take a full decapitation to put either one down. Thor's skill with melee weapons should guarantee him the victory though.

Thor 6-7/10

riv6672
If this takes off, i expect Superman will be seen as KK level within 2 pages.

I'm going w. Thor, though.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
They both break their swords on each other.

lol this. You should specify how this is supposed to work.

cdtm
Should have equalized their speed.

Remember this?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/67/3d/67/673d676ffce6b709e070387bcf29a5be--comic-superheroes-batman-dc-comics.jpg

abhilegend
They both break their swords on each other. This is a tossup Imo. Supes has never even picked up a sword to my knowledge so he is at a serious disadvantage but his speed should allow him to do basic parries and blocks and slashes fast enough to stay in the fight for awhile.

Both also have insane damage soak so it's gonna take a full decapitation to put either one down. Thor's skill with melee weapons should guarantee him the victory though.

Thor 6-7/10
Superman has fought sword fights before.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman has fought sword fights before.

Like I said, to my knowledge. Just curious, but for what reason did Supes need to use a sword?

I honestly feel like a weapon puts Clark at a disadvantage and would slow him down. Thor always has a melee weapon. It's his thing. If this was just regular Supes vs. Thor with a sword I would give Superman the win but since he's now forced to use a sword I see him doing worse with it.

What would happen if guys of this strength level actually swung a normal steel sword as hard as they could? It would probably melt or bend or something right?

abhilegend
Like I said, to my knowledge. Just curious, but for what reason did Supes need to use a sword?

I honestly feel like a weapon puts Clark at a disadvantage and would slow him down. Thor always has a melee weapon. It's his thing. If this was just regular Supes vs. Thor with a sword I would give Superman the win but since he's now forced to use a sword I see him doing worse with it.

What would happen if guys of this strength level actually swung a normal steel sword as hard as they could? It would probably melt or bend or something right?
He was Depowered and had to duel in a swordfight on several occasions.

Superman isn't hulk who does not knows how to fight at all. He has been trained and knows how to wield a sword.

Probably yes. I don't think the thread meant ordinary swords though.

SSJGGogeta

Yeah, he's fought with swords while depowered, with the sword of Superman, and on a few other occasions. Usually just to prove that he can, lol.

Nah, Superman can use weapons. He's not a master like Thor, Batman or Wonder Woman, but he's strong enough, and fast enough to make up for it.

Anyways, yeah. The swords would break on Superman and Thor, and then Superman would trash him in a brawl.

Superman would win regardless, unless speed was equalized and the swords could cut them both.

Damborgson
The point is to say who would win in a sword fight. And that would mean obviously Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is this thread about who is more skilled with swords? I mean, Thor would clearly win a sword fight.

abhilegend
Clearly? I don't think so.

riv6672
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Is this thread about who is more skilled with swords? I mean, Thor would clearly win a sword fight.
Pretty much.
Superman will have a speed advantage, might be big/might be small, depending on how much like the Flash posters will portray him fighting like.
Thats where Thor's greater skill comes in.

spetznaz

8swords
I'm pretty sure thor's sword would break against supes eek! laughing laughing

DarkSaint85
By swords, do you mean their penises?

riv6672
^^^oh well, thats the end of this discussion.

When street level characters can no longer stab speedsters with their swords, maybe.

krisblaze
Thor would obviously murder supes

spetznaz
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^oh well, thats the end of this discussion.

When street level characters can no longer stab speedsters with their swords, maybe.

Those SL characters either had (i) PIS or (ii) there were certain prevailing considerations at play that were unique to that particular situation (eg a set of explosives that only left one way forward ...onto the tip of a sword), situations that would not be present in a Thor vs Superman fight.

Main point I was making though remains the same - (i) Thor has easily superlative skill with weapons compared to Superman; (ii) the swords would have to be special to not fail against either character; and (iii) speed is equalized.

If speed is not equalized, Superman uses simple velocity to win.

If speed is equalized, Thor uses simple skill advantage to win.

riv6672
Agree to disagree.
You can argue p/cis all day, but those feats (where speed definitely dies NOT kill) are canon.
Add to that the fact that Supes is not even a speedster (a character that consistently moves at SS as its his main power) but instead a character with super speed, who consistently fights in non SS mode.
I originally posted that if this thread took off, Supes would be KK level within 2 pages. I was mistaken.
Instead posters are trying to give him the (undeserved) win via him suddenly being FlaSuperman.
So, like i said, agree to disagree.

DarkSaint85
We've seen what happens when Thor fights a bladed warrior with superior speed.

Her name was Angela.

Same with Wolverine. Who also isn't a speedster according to that definition, but a guy with superspeed.

And he was tagging Thor just fine, even when Thor had his preferred weapon.

riv6672
And thats fine and dandy, we've also seen Superman doesnt consistently fight at SS.
If you want to give him the win, thats your prerogative, so is using a faulty argument to do it.

Bentley
Superman has super speed but somehow he decides not to use it. Ok.

Thor has melee weapon skills but often we see him fighting like a one-dimensional brute.

Kal stomps with superior skill he actually uses.

Smurph
And thats fine and dandy, we've also seen Superman doesnt consistently fight at SS.
If you want to give him the win, thats your prerogative, so is using a faulty argument to do it. Lol, classic non-response.

Angela and Wolverine are both great examples to point to. Thor doesn't have the street level benefit of having his supposed elite skill somehow make up for opponents' superior speed.

And this match leaves Superman with his biggest advantages (speed, strength, dial > 11), while stripping Thor of his (magic, lightning, Mjolnir).

Without equalizing speed, Superman smacks Thor around with his new sword.

riv6672
Oh i responded, you guys are just blowing it off, talking shit, and using faulty arguments.

How faulty?
Well, DS, who's opinion i respect/usually agree with (and happens to have Supes in his dig go figure) says:

Completely ignoring that Angela is waaaaay more skilled than Supes will ever be along with her speed/attributing her showing to Supes, when i've seen him tear other posters apart for doing the same things in other threads.

So, basically, if you want a clearer response, its:
Superman doesnt win this fight, son.
I'm right.
You're wrong.
Ha.
Ha.

DarkSaint85
Oh i responded, you guys are just blowing it off, talking shit, and using faulty arguments.

How faulty?
Well, DS, who's opinion i respect/usually agree with (and happens to have Supes in his dig go figure) says:

Completely ignoring that Angela is waaaaay more skilled than Supes will ever be along with her speed/attributing her showing to Supes, when i've seen him tear other posters apart for doing the same things in other threads.

So, basically, if you want a clearer response, its:
Superman doesnt win this fight, son.
I'm right.
You're wrong.
Ha.
Ha.

It wasn't her skill that Thor and Angela attributed her victory to,though.

It was her speed.

https://i.imgur.com/xHiR4RQ.jpg

Again,this is Thor with his fav weapon. And he was being worked by her,not because of her skill, but specifically because of her speed.

My sig? A tribute to a poster who passed away. Hasn't changed even duringBZs,where I usually do.

DarkSaint85
And again:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/91/32/09913263899926fa833f47debeeede12.jpg

Wolverine is the same example. And was actually using your exact argument. Wolverine is no speedster. Just a guy with superspeed.

Doesn't stop him tagging Thor just fine.

DarkSaint85
We have a specific example posted of Superman backhanding a character who is more skilled and arguably faster than Thor (very arguably lol), WW. Who is also wielding a sword.

You then make a comment about how speed doesn't always kill,andhey,street levellers can make with the stabby stab too!

Thing is....Thor has been the recipient of such stabbings and slicings. YOU'RE the only one equating him toFlash,only, the other way.

krisblaze
I assumed this was skills only

Damborgson
I did too.

Seems kind of pointless otherwise.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
We've seen what happens when Thor fights a bladed warrior with superior speed.

Her name was Angela.

Yeah. This happens.
stick out tongue

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-unnio_madvo/VSVxaJ8W1ZI/AAAAAAAKJ24/5rHsZquaGXs/s1600/p8_12%2Bcopy.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7rjkotPP3xY/VSVxaRIwX1I/AAAAAAAKJ3E/QlPRAjm2n3w/s1600/p8_13%2Bcopy.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_bSlOu2c9Ws/VSVxaha47EI/AAAAAAAKJ3A/pSKjS8BtHTo/s1600/p8_14%2Bcopy.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3GKc7x3hLRw/VSVxbZsFWJI/AAAAAAAKJ3Q/qkrLn5Q74DI/s1600/p8_15.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dj-I7EdSQWM/VSVxb8_AI7I/AAAAAAAKJ30/ZD_0BT-4qZk/s1600/p8_16%2Bcopy.jpg

DarkSaint85
stick out tongue hush now, people might make a deal out of it and assume you're serious

celeyhyga17
you're serious
As cancer

Delta1938

There was an instance he fought a space pirate on par with him. He agreed to the duel, I think it was for help finding someone, been a while since I read it.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/media/FightingSkills/Miscellaneous/FreelanceSwordFight/SUPERMAN_MOS51-PG09.jpg.html?sort=9&o=0

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/media/FightingSkills/Miscellaneous/FreelanceSwordFight/SUPERMAN_MOS51-PG10.jpg.html?sort=9&o=1

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/media/FightingSkills/Miscellaneous/FreelanceSwordFight/SUPERMAN_MOS51-PG12.jpg.html?sort=9&o=2

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/media/FightingSkills/Miscellaneous/FreelanceSwordFight/SUPERMAN_MOS51-PG13.jpg.html?sort=9&o=3

Rage.Of.Olympus
And again:

Wolverine is the same example. And was actually using your exact argument. Wolverine is no speedster. Just a guy with superspeed.

Doesn't stop him tagging Thor just fine. Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It wasn't her skill that Thor and Angela attributed her victory to,though.

It was her speed.

Again,this is Thor with his fav weapon. And he was being worked by her,not because of her skill, but specifically because of her speed.

My sig? A tribute to a poster who passed away. Hasn't changed even duringBZs,where I usually do.

Are we going to ignore that Thor fought an upgraded Angela equally in their third fight?

Or the fact that Angela, is also, much more skilled with a blade than Superman and probably the greatest combination of skill/speed Thor has ever encountered? She's a female Wolverine with crazy speed* and herald level stats.

If anything, Angela is an excellent example of Thor demonstrating amazing speed/reflexes with even more impressive skill and evidence that Thor would stomp Superman unless he starts utilizing his speed in a way that would make Abhilegend happier than clean drinking water. I.e. in a CBR fashion.

Also:
https://s18.postimg.org/407514kqt/4116681-thor_v_angela_-_original_sin_thor_loki_005_001.jpg https://s18.postimg.org/52hbjob9x/4116682-thor_v_angela_-_original_sin_thor_loki_005_002.jpg

She fought a Thor, an exhausted Thor, who had no desire to fight.

*She actively countered the Disir's first strike who were specifically noted to be faster than thought, lightning and everything else. How fast does that make her? Flash level? Definitely faster than any character in Marvel I can think off of the top of my head in terms of fighting reflexes. But I guess it's in fighting bursts, not consistent, similar to Wonder Woman.

Philosophía
edited.

Good boy, you put that out.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Philosophía
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What are you talking about you idiot?

You disagree with what I said? Which part? The Angela cherry-picking or the irony that she is an example of Thor easily fighting (Even getting the advantage over) someone who's just as fast as Superman in combat 90% of the time, with greater skill? Oh, good, you're back to this.

Battlezone invitation.

Superman without any weapon, with a hand behind his back, against Thor with an adamantium sword.

Only melee, no HV/Lightning etc.

Good to go?

riv6672
Things have gone nicely in this thread today. Sweet. Good reading.

Actually my point was, when a poster basically said Supes is faster/Supes will win, is thats a faulty argument (Supes isnt a speedster, and even speedsters dont just get autowins in my book).
By all means, give him the win if you (not you in particular but posters in general) must, but at least be better at the why of it.

Your Angela example's been refuted so not rehashing that.
It was, though, a good example. You usually give good, agree w. you or not.

xJLxKing

MrMind
why are people pretending thor have good fighting skills

DarkSaint85
Things have gone nicely in this thread today. Sweet. Good reading.

Actually my point was, when a poster basically said Supes is faster/Supes will win, is thats a faulty argument (Supes isnt a speedster, and even speedsters dont just get autowins in my book).
By all means, give him the win if you (not you in particular but posters in general) must, but at least be better at the why of it.

Your Angela example's been refuted so not rehashing that.
It was, though, a good example. You usually give good, agree w. you or not.

As was Wolverine.

Strange how no one has so far responded to that.

xJLxKing

celeyhyga17
As was Wolverine.

To?

zopzop

riv6672
As was Wolverine.

It wasnt worth addressing, any more than Supes winning this via his speed (which he uses on this site more than he ever does in comics) when facing someone of comparable strength with much greater skill.

But you know, go ahead and address it. wink

DarkSaint85
It wasnt worth addressing, any more than Supes winning this via his speed (which he uses on this site more than he ever does in comics) when facing someone of comparable strength with much greater skill.

But you know, go ahead and address it. wink

Agree to disagree.
You can argue p/cis all day, but those feats (where speed definitely dies NOT kill) are canon.
Add to that the fact that Supes is not even a speedster (a character that consistently moves at SS as its his main power) but instead a character with super speed, who consistently fights in non SS mode.
I originally posted that if this thread took off, Supes would be KK level within 2 pages. I was mistaken.
Instead posters are trying to give him the (undeserved) win via him suddenly being FlaSuperman.
So, like i said, agree to disagree.
So to put it another way, like it or not, Wolverine, a street leveller, is too fast for Thor. Argue PIS or not, it's canon.

No one here equated Supes with Flash, except you. You equated Flashs low showings (being stabbed by street levellers) with Superman.

Despite Superman being shown on the same page with reacting to a highly trained, speeding herald leveller. With a magical sword no less.

And it actually being THOR who has been stabbed by street levellers.

Moreover, despite Superman not fighting like a speedster in 90% or whatever it is of his fights, we have a clear mod ruling that in fact, he DOES possess it, and he WOULD use it.

riv6672
See, thats the thing, DS.
I'm not arguing, you are.
Supes has had showings just as bad as the Wolvie one.
Which is why the speed argument holds no truck with me.

But wow, you're bringing in the mods now (dad said so).
So next either i get a BZ invitation, or a mod mysteriously appears soon and tells me to stay on topic or some such.
Classy. laughing

xJLxKing

One Big Mob
Darksaint is the type of kid that would yell for his parents when you pull your weiner out.

DarkSaint85
See, thats the thing, DS.
I'm not arguing, you are.
Supes has had showings just as bad as the Wolvie one.
Which is why the speed argument holds no truck with me.

But wow, you're bringing in the mods now (dad said so).
So next either i get a BZ invitation, or a mod mysteriously appears soon and tells me to stay on topic or some such.
Classy. laughing

Erm neither.

I hardly report people,and If I do, I say it up front.

Not sure why it's so wow?

First you attempted to insinuate something with my choice of signature, without fully knowing the context, then you attempt to call me out when I...mention the rules? OK.

Reason I mentioned it is because you're not the first, nor the last to be mistaken in your 'Superman fights like so in X% of his comic fights, therefore his forum fights will also have the same percentage'.

It just shuts down that avenue of error quickly, and speeds things along.

As for BZ challenges, I hardly do those as well. You obviously have me mistaken for someone else.

carver9
@JL King...

Shadow Dragon is the answer to your question.

DarkSaint85

carver9
So to put it another way, like it or not, Wolverine, a street leveller, is too fast for Thor. Argue PIS or not, it's canon.

No one here equated Supes with Flash, except you. You equated Flashs low showings (being stabbed by street levellers) with Superman.

Despite Superman being shown on the same page with reacting to a highly trained, speeding herald leveller. With a magical sword no less.

And it actually being THOR who has been stabbed by street levellers.

Moreover, despite Superman not fighting like a speedster in 90% or whatever it is of his fights, we have a clear mod ruling that in fact, he DOES possess it, and he WOULD use it.

And Shadow Dragon is to fast for Superman.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-a860766c7c2807ee7543965f175f1a14-c
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-e27a9512f005cc32bdf5fac35ce78d0a-c

And yes, he is street level. The guy lost to Shiva.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000960-6080224092-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000962-2079851054-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000962-2079851054-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000963-5333028208-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000964-1873541189-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000965-9806203772-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000966-9708742633-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000967-7609343053-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000968-5742850485-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000969-8806364689-36636.jpg

Do you accept this Darksaint?

xJLxKing
Batman.
Speed was never a factor

Batman has the "I don't give a shit" aura active at all times

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
And Shadow Dragon is to fast for Superman.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-a860766c7c2807ee7543965f175f1a14-c
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-e27a9512f005cc32bdf5fac35ce78d0a-c

And yes, he is street level. The guy lost to Shiva.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000960-6080224092-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000963-5333028208-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000964-1873541189-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000965-9806203772-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000966-9708742633-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000967-7609343053-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000968-5742850485-36636.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111151571/5000969-8806364689-36636.jpg

Do you accept this Darksaint?

Does it make you feel clever, when you jump into an argument half cocked?

Rivs point: no matter what, we should accept showings. They are all in a canon comic.

DS' point: actually,there are some showings that shouldn't be. But f we accept all showings, why, Thor has been tagged by street guys!

Carver: shiiiiit, I've read like 20% of the post, here's the Shadow Dragon scan I've been itching to post! Carver my boy, today's the day you show everyone what a sharp stick you are!!!

TheHulkster
Superman isn't hulk who does not knows how to fight at all. He has been trained and knows how to wield a sword.

Yet Hulk excelled at sword fighting in Planet Hulk.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Yet Hulk excelled at sword fighting in Planet Hulk.
Did he now?

abhilegend

carver9
Superman is winning this, sorry Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Angela is as fast as Superman 90% of the time?
laughing out loud

At this point you're just as obsessed with me as carver or quanchi.
Well rage, are you going to accept this or not?

Yes. More or less. Clearly I did not take all of Superman's total appearances, and average that out for when he displays notable super-speed, and do the same for Angela. The sheer number of appearances under his belt would make it statistically pointless.

Are you for real?

Well, at least your little lesson with me has stopped you challenging everyone to a battle zone every other thread. So your humiliation served some meaningful purpose.

spetznaz

DarkSaint85
Spetznaz, keeping it classy.

Bentley
I think you could repeat the "Superman speed" argument in about any thread regarding the character, which isn't either terribly valuable nor terribly appealing, it's the kind of discussion where people camp in their positions and stay in there throwing feats back and forth.

This is why I believe the only person who brought a relevant argument in that regard is not other than yours truly, the awesome Bentley shifty

If superspeed is allowed, Thor gets punked. If it isn't, then ? . Unless we use some composite average, in which case, we are back to scenario 2.

Except the lip service of Thor born "with a sword in his hand" and the assumedly superior melee capacities he carries are pretty irrelevant 90% of his showings. If you dismiss Superman's superspeed as too scarce to be properly valid in a fight and "not something that happens in comics", fighting skills displayed by Thor on average aren't anything to write about either. So anyone intellectually honest would agree that if Superman doesn't have the speed advantage, then Thor doesn't carry any specific skill edge, as the reasoning to dismiss both is the same.

Obviously this is exactly the way discussion went in the last 4 pages, but I thought it be better that I wrap up everything with a nice ribbon so we can all shake hands and call it a day.

Keep rocking KMC!

Damborgson
Originally posted by Bentley
Except the lip service of Thor born "with a sword in his hand" and the assumedly superior melee capacities he carries are pretty irrelevant 90% of his showings. If you dismiss Superman's superspeed as too scarce to be properly valid in a fight and "not something that happens in comics", fighting skills displayed by Thor on average aren't anything to write about either. So anyone intellectually honest would agree that if Superman doesn't have the speed advantage, then Thor doesn't carry any specific skill edge, as the reasoning to dismiss both is the same.

Thor actually has good showings with wielding swords.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorSkill11.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorSkill12.jpg

Bentley
Superman has actual super speed showings in comics too.

Damborgson
That great, but I assumed the purpose of the thread was to see who'd win a sword fight. It doesn't matter how much more skilled you are if you're moving in slow motion, so the purpose of the thread would seem to be defeated.

So if the point is, who's going to win a sword fight, based on skill like I assume it is, then Thor has the better showings that I know of.

If it's a melee with swords in play, then Superman.

DarkSaint85
So do they both have their strength?

If yes, why?

Do they both have their durability?

If so, why?

Then....do they have speed, one of their (as in, I actually think Thor too has a measure of superspeed?

If not, why not?

If you want to make it competitive, depower both. Not just one side.

Not talking about powers which are extraneous to a sword fight, like HV and the power of a thousand winds. But speed, strength, skill and durability. All abilities which all sword fighters use and hone.

Thor has the skill advantage. We certainly seem to be agreed in giving it to him. Yet Supermans speed abilities mysteriously disappear because people don't like it?

Bentley
Ignoring super speed to make sense of a full skill fight seems logical. Your assesment is a sensible one.

But if the logic is that Superman cannot use Superspeed in a random fight because it's scarce (not my logic), we could argue Thor doesn't use skill either on average. If we adhere to that reasoning, even in an equalized speed fight Thor gets effectively nerfed.

SSJGGogeta
I think the point is that on average, Thor is a master swordsman, and Superman is not.

In terms of skill with a sword, Thor is above Superman.

In terms of speed, strength, durability, etc, Superman shits on Thor.

So for the purpose of this thread, Thor wins.

In an actual fight, Superman curbstomps.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Bentley
Ignoring super speed to make sense of a full skill fight seems logical. Your assesment is a sensible one.

But if the logic is that Superman cannot use Superspeed in a random fight because it's scarce (not my logic), we could argue Thor doesn't use skill either on average. If we adhere to that reasoning, even in an equalized speed fight Thor gets effectively nerfed.

I agree, Thor is hardly a master fighter in most of his fights, and if we depower Superman so as to make it a battle to discuss in the first place, the same same should apply to Thor, but because the 'point' (I think) is a skill match, nerfing his skill or their skills would go against the spirit of the thread.

If that's not the point, and Superman gets his full speed, then it becomes a non fight. Just trying to avoid a speed blitz thread essentially.

So do they both have their strength?

If yes, why?

Do they both have their durability?

If so, why?

Then....do they have speed, one of their (as in, I actually think Thor too has a measure of superspeed?

If not, why not?

If you want to make it competitive, depower both. Not just one side.

Not talking about powers which are extraneous to a sword fight, like HV and the power of a thousand winds. But speed, strength, skill and durability. All abilities which all sword fighters use and hone.

Thor has the skill advantage. We certainly seem to be agreed in giving it to him. Yet Supermans speed abilities mysteriously disappear because people don't like it?

Thor does have a measure of super speed, but just as Luke Cage has a measure of strength, it wouldn't compare to the Hulk for example, which may as well be the difference in their speed.

That's not why, and it may be someone elses' argument but certainly not mine. The skill advantage for Thor is great, but the speed advantage for Superman makes it a non fight. That's why I assume it's not the point of the thread, and that leaves skill to be taken into account, which favors Thor.

It would defeat the purpose of the thread is what I'm saying.

abhilegend

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
I agree, Thor is hardly a master fighter in most of his fights, and if we depower Superman so as to make it a battle to discuss in the first place, the same same should apply to Thor, but because the 'point' (I think) is a skill match, nerfing his skill or their skills would go against the spirit of the thread.

If that's not the point, and Superman gets his full speed, then it becomes a non fight. Just trying to avoid a speed blitz thread essentially.

Thor does have a measure of super speed, but just as Luke Cage has a measure of strength, it wouldn't compare to the Hulk for example, which may as well be the difference in their speed.

That's not why, and it may be someone elses' argument but certainly not mine. The skill advantage for Thor is great, but the speed advantage for Superman makes it a non fight. That's why I assume it's not the point of the thread, and that leaves skill to be taken into account, which favors Thor.

It would defeat the purpose of the thread is what I'm saying.
Thor doesn't has any skill advantages over Superman.

abhilegend

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorSkill11.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorSkill12.jpg
Oh that, Superman defeated the finest swordsmen in Camelot without breaking a sweat.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/xiquIufouu6Ulh2wbcLi02E_- 6edWYrMuBoxqhVtlT8vwvKUrpoGvbkVR0UlAr25En2ldOWxXD5
M=s1600

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/b94Wbl8yvGZLoPQYBSQojgston- ZCjc9VGXooWmEMutZey6kqGgYSeg_FbTArsdOUiDRcAB6gjGU=
s1600

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/ cSJf3xDDOfe6K_NQGpnIqc6P6q3v2y47MeXKJMc8q7EzS9nca0
ne9R2VVYMWsjRoflCDxBBA5wXx=s1600

DarkSaint85
Stop making stuff up abhi.

IOW, broken links.

abhilegend
Well obviously.

Philosophía

That scene was what first popped up in my mind when I read the thread, too.

I also assumed it would be made with both of them depowered, but...OP had other plans.

If both of them are depowered and it's JUST sword fighting, I give it to Thor, tbh. It wouldn't be a walk in the park at all, given Superman's experience, but eventually he'd win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.