Darkseid vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Pre Flashpoint Darkseid (including GDS) vs Odin.

1. Rate in power if Odin is 100
2. Who wins in a fight

DarkSaint85
How many pantheon heads has DS beaten?

Flyattractor
How many has Odin beaten?

krisblaze
DS is a tough call.

I usually rate them as equals.

Conceptual DS/true form seems to be leagues above.

The one tgat Supes usually shits on would lose.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How many pantheon heads has DS beaten?
Off panel? He has killed entire pantheons off panel.

Heck he defeated Jimmy Olsen with the power of every new god ever. Originally posted by krisblaze
DS is a tough call.

I usually rate them as equals.

Conceptual DS/true form seems to be leagues above.

The one tgat Supes usually shits on would lose.
What about the Odin who loses to young Thor or gets punched around by Jane?

krisblaze
Verdict still out on current Odin, looks weak atm.

Damborgson
Odin never lost to young Thor except on purpose to raise his confidence.

carver9
Odin stomps.

panthergod
A weakened Darkseid is well beyond Odin per GDS.

Easily Galactus class on average. 150.

deathslash
How many pantheon heads has DS beaten? he recently beat Zeus on panel while weakened. smile

Didn't he also take out Ares when the war good had the godwave?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend

Heck he defeated Jimmy Olsen with the power of every new god ever.

Yet when Zelia does it off panel...

Zelia is an off panel fight with no indication as to how she was defeated.

Cul wasn't a head of pantheon.

Flyattractor
Really all I can remember seeing Odin DO is take Naps and Yell.

...Just like a real Dad!!!!!!

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Damborgson
Odin never lost to young Thor except on purpose to raise his confidence.
Actually I think he did lose. Obviously he wasn't using his full might, but he did try to teach his son a harsh lesson. A test of sorts which his son passed as the story goes.

SquallX

Damborgson
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Actually I think he did lose. Obviously he wasn't using his full might, but he did try to teach his son a harsh lesson. A test of sorts which his son passed as the story goes.

That's a fair interpretation also thumb up

Zack M
Darkseid

quanchi112
Odin wins all day.

abhilegend
Yet when Zelia does it off panel...
Because Odin was getting beaten by one of her minions at first.

https://s14.postimg.org/igg0spl4h/image.jpg

Darkseid had destroyed and absorbed power from gods across the universe.

LordofBrooklyn
DARKSEID 300

One Big Mob
Because Odin was getting beaten by one of her minions at first.

https://s14.postimg.org/igg0spl4h/image.jpg

Darkseid had destroyed and absorbed power from gods across the universe. Darkseid was saving Asgard for last since he wanted to make sure he could take them since they had a connection to the old world. At that stage in time, he was only thinking about attacking Asgard since Odin was gone.

Plus his first appearance was "killing" Izaya with the killing glove. So it's highly probable he used some tech to accomplish his means.

Not saying it doesn't count of course, just that there is some context to the lack of context in what he did.

cdtm

Heck he defeated Jimmy Olsen with the power of every new god ever.

Or the Odin who looks no better then Loki or Thor against Surtur?

Father and sons, fighting together. All looking to keep up with each other.

cdtm
That said, I just want to say:

Odin wins.

I was never one for buying into the "Darkseid = baddass" bandwagon.. For me, he didn't NEED to be. Classically, 'Seid used a damned gun and ran for his life from Orion, instead of engaging in a fight.

But he's also the guy who was so petty, he ruined Scott and Barda's wedding with bad weather, then laughed about it. Or killed Desaad, got near weepy about it, then brought him back.

Basically, he was more Joker with ambitions to rule, then Starlin Thanos. And that made him a lot more entertaining, imo..

abhilegend
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Darkseid was saving Asgard for last since he wanted to make sure he could take them since they had a connection to the old world. At that stage in time, he was only thinking about attacking Asgard since Odin was gone.

Plus his first appearance was "killing" Izaya with the killing glove. So it's highly probable he used some tech to accomplish his means.

Not saying it doesn't count of course, just that there is some context to the lack of context in what he did.
Yeah, let's attribute Odins off pan wins to him while Darkseids off panel wins to tech.

That's fair, eh?

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm
That said, I just want to say:

Odin wins.

I was never one for buying into the "Darkseid = baddass" bandwagon.. For me, he didn't NEED to be. Classically, 'Seid used a damned gun and ran for his life from Orion, instead of engaging in a fight.

But he's also the guy who was so petty, he ruined Scott and Barda's wedding with bad weather, then laughed about it. Or killed Desaad, got near weepy about it, then brought him back.

Basically, he was more Joker with ambitions to rule, then Starlin Thanos. And that made him a lot more entertaining, imo..
He was also smacking entire LOSH around like nothing.

One Big Mob
Yeah, let's attribute Odins off pan wins to him while Darkseids off panel wins to tech.

That's fair, eh? Yeah, that's what I said...

Think about why I would answer one and not the other and try again.

abhilegend
You implied Darkseid killing the gods was due to tech which was never stated or implied.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5_nRaGmVJjw/VntfQnsg9SI/AAAAAAAAkuM/M194Vbz6gXc/s1600-Ic42/RCO021.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NHIEpiA-CwY/VntfRFXZyQI/AAAAAAAAkuM/IGJBYRL0aqo/s1600-Ic42/RCO022.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oTnZR51iwMQ/VntfRLnlBmI/AAAAAAAAkuM/B97e8ZCtLSU/s1600-Ic42/RCO023.jpg

What does this mean bran?

One Big Mob
You implied Darkseid killing the gods was due to tech which was never stated or implied.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5_nRaGmVJjw/VntfQnsg9SI/AAAAAAAAkuM/M194Vbz6gXc/s1600-Ic42/RCO021.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NHIEpiA-CwY/VntfRFXZyQI/AAAAAAAAkuM/IGJBYRL0aqo/s1600-Ic42/RCO022.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oTnZR51iwMQ/VntfRLnlBmI/AAAAAAAAkuM/B97e8ZCtLSU/s1600-Ic42/RCO023.jpg

What does this mean bran? I implied that we have no idea what Darkseid killing the Gods consisted of, and it could very well be tech since his first appearance in the series was "killing" Izaya with a weapon designed to instantly kill. That's all.

Anyway, I figure you are perfectly capable of answering Odin's feats. Do you not?
The issue is I doubt anyone in your opposition has or will read Fourth World. Not only that, but I've seen it before used as a sort of thing to put DS far out of reach of Gods when the series said anything but at that point in time.
Not that I think people should read it since it's a mess. Bryne tried to emulate Kirby too much and it just jumps around and nothing even happens or things stop for largely no reason. Plus he made Tigra cuck Darkseid and turn Orion into a bastard child.

I don't care about Odin's feat though. But if you must, it is also off panel.

abhilegend

abhilegend
I implied that we have no idea what Darkseid killing the Gods consisted of, and it could very well be tech since his first appearance in the series was "killing" Izaya with a weapon designed to instantly kill. That's all.

Is that implied anywhere or you're just pulling out of nowhere because?

But if DC Odin can scare away Darkseid from attacking Asgard, doesn't that means he is that powerful? Isn't that what you do for Marvel Odin and Galactus?

Because I doubt Byrne had any intention of showing new gods/other gods weak. He had Orion containing a bomb which was destroying the entire universe and Takion halting Godwave momentarily , Ares becoming as large as a promethean giant and absorbing Godwave

Or is it the same Superman Darkseid syndrome where anything that Superman does makes Darkseid weaker.

Of course Odin>Dark Gods >Perrikus>Odin.

This only shows marvel gods stronger but DC gods weaker.

That's fair.

One Big Mob
What are you even talking about holy shit.

All I said was that he wasn't way beyond other Gods in that series and it was entirely off panel besides his one attack against Izaya where he had tech capable of instantly killing Gods.

If you want to talk about how powerful the other Gods were, I'd be more than happy to, but don't do this to me:

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article11883007.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Channel-4-News-calls-in-security-after-Cathy-Newman-is-subject-to-a-torrent-of-misogynistic-abuse.jpg

abhilegend
What are you even talking about holy shit.

All I said was that he wasn't way beyond other Gods in that series and it was entirely off panel besides his one attack against Izaya where he had tech capable of instantly killing Gods.

If you want to talk about how powerful the other Gods were, I'd be more than happy to, but don't do this to me:

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article11883007.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Channel-4-News-calls-in-security-after-Cathy-Newman-is-subject-to-a-torrent-of-misogynistic-abuse.jpg
But he was until you show us where Odin was equal to the other gods Darkseid killed or on their level.

Odin was on Darkseids level who was beyond other gods.

-K-M-

Philosophía

One Big Mob
But he was until you show us where Odin was equal to the other gods Darkseid killed or on their level.

Odin was on Darkseids level who was beyond other gods. I don't even know what Odin we're talking about in the top part.

Agreed with that though, or at least Odin was portrayed within Darkseid's realm. Odin was also implied to be above other Gods like Zeus and Ares there, or at least he was early on. Bryne kind of went all over the place though and the 5 finger fusion is unclear of why they fused.

Edit: Unfused. Not fused. Unfused

One Big Mob

-K-M-

Philosophía
thumb up Mungi

So I remembered it right.

In Fourth World everytime he was said to kill Gods he was stated to absorb the power. Which makes the distinction kind of needless, but still. That's why I asked, it doesn't really matter how he beat them, he still absorbed their power, and thus the end result is more powerful than all of them combined.

One Big Mob

abhilegend
I don't even know what Odin we're talking about in the top part.

Agreed with that though, or at least Odin was portrayed within Darkseid's realm. Odin was also implied to be above other Gods like Zeus and Ares there, or at least he was early on. Bryne kind of went all over the place though and the 5 finger fusion is unclear of why they fused.

Edit: Unfused. Not fused. Unfused
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Is this somehow about DC Odin being less powerful than marvel Odin and hence proving Darkseid was below Marvel Odin?

Because this is pointless otherwise.

And where is Rage anyway? I've not seen him trying to prove Odin as abstract level in this thread.

One Big Mob
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Is this somehow about DC Odin being less powerful than marvel Odin and hence proving Darkseid was below Marvel Odin?

Because this is pointless otherwise.

And where is Rage anyway? I've not seen him trying to prove Odin as abstract level in this thread. No. I just like talking about things in fullness, and figured you'd like to bounce back and forth feats to discuss Odin's/God power which proxies Darkseid's. Everyone in that story solo was implied to be below Darkseid, here's what they did, etc.

If not that's fine too.

Philosophía
True. I'm just stating the possibilities though, more the nature of the occurence.
I do think he used tech though, but I don't think it matters when speaking of his power.

He does kind of start out like a ***** though. It took him that long to get to above Odin level when he already absorbed the omega force to begin his conquest. Then again, Bryne. thumb up

It's inconsistency, and making a plot point just for the sake of it. Byrne kind of clusterfu cked that whole Gods history. I mean, Izaya being a constant 'peer' throughout Darkseid's existence, more or less, makes his accumulation of power seem out of place. The same Izaya who is, imo, at least a peer to the likes of Odin/Zeus. Then there was that shit about merging different version of Ares(es) and stuff...ugh.

One Big Mob

abhilegend
No. I just like talking about things in fullness, and figured you'd like to bounce back and forth feats to discuss Odin's/God power which proxies Darkseid's. Everyone in that story solo was implied to be below Darkseid, here's what they did, etc.

If not that's fine too.
Is that any different than what you do?

One Big Mob
Is that any different than what you do? ... I don't think we're having the same conversation, forget I said anything.

-K-M-
Fight me OBM!!!! My fingers are ready at the keyboard

One Big Mob
Originally posted by -K-M-
Fight me OBM!!!! My fingers are ready at the keyboard I don't have any time for Trudeau supporting hosers when I'm on my quest to destroy Darkseid's rep.

-K-M-
Trudeau is a dink. For a Canadian to say that about another Canadian is grounds for treason

One Big Mob
Yeah I went too far but you were ready with your sausage fingers and I had to lash out first to try and scare you off.

Cross province penis five to make up?

-K-M-
Leave my sausage fingers alone sad

Heh! If I had a nickel every time someone asked me that.....this would be my first nickel

Rage.Of.Olympus
OBM vs. Abhil is like a farmer vs. an intruding Indigenous teenager. Just make up and grab a coffee at your local timmies.

When did Odin lose to a younger Thor?

Odin looked less impressive than he generally is against other heralds (I.e. one-shotting them without even acknowledging their presence) but the big revelation is the Mother Storm which adds context. Getting hit by an all-out Thor packing a charged Mjolnir, has rocked beings of various caliber over the years. Also, your statement implies Odin was losing.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

When did Odin lose to a younger Thor?

Breaking into comics marvel way 2.

Odin does not has average of oneshotting heralds without acknowledging their presence though. Even Stan Lee Odin couldn't ko Thor with five consecutive blasts.

And there was no indication Jane was amped against Odin. Thorbags have repeatedly tried to use it as if it's written there.

Jane was rocking Odin with just punches though.

Yes, he was losing.

One Big Mob
OBM vs. Abhil is like a farmer vs. an intruding Indigenous teenager. Just make up and grab a coffee at your local timmies. Abhi's a fighter not a lover. No matter how much I want to just hold his hand, he will always see me as the injun in the backseat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Breaking into comics marvel way 2.

Odin does not has average of oneshotting heralds without acknowledging their presence though. Even Stan Lee Odin couldn't ko Thor with five consecutive blasts.

And there was no indication Jane was amped against Odin. Thorbags have repeatedly tried to use it as if it's written there.

Jane was rocking Odin with just punches though.

Yes, he was losing.

...Odin shape shifted into a barbarian ogre with four times Thor's strength. How is this evidence of Thor being able to beat Odin?

Also, this is hilarious. You have attempted to dismiss this is evidence. Now that you are lowballing Odin, it now counts? Wtf?

Stan Lee's Odin was on a completely different level from Thor and could have eliminated him from existence with a wave if pressed. Thor still breathing after consecutive blasts from someone who could wipe out Galaxies isn't a low showing on Odin, it's a high showing for Thor.

Lol, you are full on crazy.

krisblaze
There are no high showings for Thor, only low showings for every other character.

abhilegend
...Odin shape shifted into a barbarian ogre with four times Thor's strength. How is this evidence of Thor being able to beat Odin?

Because even then Thor beats Odin to a bloody pulp. And it was one rumor that he was four times stronger.

Thor beats him down.

You informed that it's canon, isn't it?

Of course, Odin could wipe out Thor anytime he wanted. Except he didn't and Thor even defeated Galactus under Lee who was equal to Odin.

And Odin didn't destroy galaxies. It was standard Stan Lee hyperbole. Only planets were hidden from view and later it was restricted to planets getting ripped apart.

It's like everything is high showing for Thor and Odin. "See Thor is so powerful he took blasts from Odin. See Odin is so powerful he attacked Thor."

It only works for Thor and Odin.

Right. Do tell us more how Odin could wipe Thor anytime when he couldn't ko Thor after several blasts intending to kill him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
There are no high showings for Thor, only low showings for every other character.
It's the double standards. Odin fails to ko Thor and gets beaten by Thor. "Look how powerful Thor is".

Darkseid has way better showings against Superman than Odin does against Thor but it's a low showing for Darkseid everytime he gets fought by Superman.

abhilegend
Come rage, explain this.

Originally posted by Galan007
Mighty Thor:
https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37594993_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_704-004.jpg https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37594995_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_704-005.jpg https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37594996_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_704-006.jpg https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37594997_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_704-007.jpg https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37594998_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_704-010.jpg

https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37594999_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_704-011.jpg https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37595000_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_704-013.jpg https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37595001_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_704-017.jpg https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37595002_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_704-020.jpg https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37595003_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_704-021.jpg

xJLxKing

abhilegend
It's already a horrible showing for Odin. He hurts Mangog only with a spear which Odinson, Freyja and Heimdall all did. He is no more effective than any of them.

It's like Aaron read all the excuses Rage could throw for Odin and thought how can I shit on his soul.

This is how.

Galan007
She'll either beat Mangog, or do WAY better against him than anyone else. After all, transforming into Thor this last time WILL kill Jane -- that much was made explicitly clear. Marvel will undoubtedly give her one last tremendous showing as a send-off if nothing else... Especially considering that she's a female character, and Marvel is going for bonafide matriarchy-status these days.

...Not unlike Supergirl 'nearly killing' the friggin Anti-Monitor in her death issue. /shrug

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
She'll either beat Mangog, or do WAY better against him than anyone else. After all, transforming into Thor this last time WILL kill Jane -- that much was made explicitly clear. Marvel will undoubtedly give her one last tremendous showing as a send-off if nothing else... Especially considering that she's a female character, and Marvel is going for bonafide matriarchy-status these days.

...Not unlike Supergirl 'nearly killing' the friggin Anti-Monitor in her death issue. /shrug
But you see, that was a low showing for Anti Monitor. This will be a high showing for Jane.

thumb up

quanchi112
... I don't think we're having the same conversation, forget I said anything. laughing out loud

carver9
But you see, that was a low showing for Anti Monitor. This will be a high showing for Jane.

thumb up

Consistency buddy, consistency. Jane combat fts are currently better than Supes after the merge. Take that as you will.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
Consistency buddy, consistency. Jane combat fts are currently better than Supes after the merge. Take that as you will.

I'LL SLAP YOUR FACE GAMMITE!!!

carver9
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I'LL SLAP YOUR FACE GAMMITE!!!

laughing out loud laughing out loud

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Are they now carter?

Zack M

I wouldn't put Jane Thor ahead of DCnU Superman, let alone Rebirth Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.