Is an election legitimate if it has been tampered with by a foreign power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
I see no President Pence for long in America's future.

jaden101
I'm pretty certain every country is trying to interfere in every other country's elections anyway.

Well those that have elections anyway.

Like when no one liked the fact that after ousting Mubarak in Egypt, those dumb Egyptians only went and freely elected the Muslim Brotherhood so they had to have ANOTHER election so they would elect the government that the US, Britain and France wanted them to have.

Or when the Irish, French and Dutch voted not to ratify the E.U constitution and so they had to have ANOTHER vote later on and do what they were told by Germany.

Or when Afghanistan and Iraq had to vote who they were told to vote for so that they'd have a government that would take it right up the arse from their "liberators".

It's worked so well over the years and created such bastions of peace and democracy as Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, Liberia, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Panama, Nicaragua, Syria, Lebanon, Bosnia, Serbia Israel and Palestine

Putinbot1
Tbh, Jaden the Arab spring was to destabilise the region. I believe over the African Gold based currency an to let radical Islam present and enemy. But I don't disagree with anything you say.

Flyattractor
If we were to INVALIDATE Elections due to Outside Nation Tamperings....Then We would probably have to INVALIDATE All Elections in the History of Elections. Except for the first few when it would have been a case of "They are having an Elections.....What is an Election?"

Bashar Teg
of course the election would not be legitimate. president paul ryan?

Surtur
Were all the elecitons this country has tampered with legitimate?

Oh, and what about the dictators we installed in other countries? You remember the monk who set himself on fire during the Vietnam War in protest? Guess whose brutal policies he did that in protest of?

Spoiler alert: a dictator we put in power.

cdtm
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I see no President Pence for long in America's future.

Barring direct tampering with the voting system, why wouldn't it be?

Otherwise, we'd need to think about outlawing marketing, internal politics, and everything else that influences the general publics decision making by hook or by crook.

Putinbot1
I think when it turns out a large amount of the campaign involved collusion with a foreign power and perhaps the presidential candidate was compromised by said power (if it turns out he is, the ramifications will run on and on), I think the whole election may be found illegitimate.

I also see a huge voter backlash.

cdtm
Collusion is something else.

The Op asked about tampering. That can cover things like spreading propaganda on social media, trying to influence voters independently, and all kinds of shenanigans.

All of which is as legal as what passes for "marketing" these days..

Flyattractor
Yep. Trump is the one that COLLUDES with Russia....Oh WAIT!!!!!!

XsFR8DbSRQE

Putinbot1
My prediction is either the money trail

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/01/24/bogus-conspiracies-and-a-bona-fide-money-trail/?utm_term=.59f17f741899

or the Miss Universe Pageant "honey trap" rumours where lead to collusion or that he is completely compromised and potentially lead back to his campaign.

Putinbot1
Schiff says proof of collusion may be coming. We'll see.

Surtur
I think when it turns out a large amount of the campaign involved collusion with a foreign power and perhaps the presidential candidate was compromised by said power (if it turns out he is, the ramifications will run on and on), I think the whole election may be found illegitimate.

I also see a huge voter backlash.

And are the elections we interfered with legitimate?

My prediction is either the money trail

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/01/24/bogus-conspiracies-and-a-bona-fide-money-trail/?utm_term=.59f17f741899

or the Miss Universe Pageant "honey trap" rumours where lead to collusion or that he is completely compromised and potentially lead back to his campaign.

My prediction is you aren't very bright.

NotXYZsock
Apparently Russian businessmen sent ads on facebook which were branded as "fake news" and that made people vote for Trump, which was obviously wrong and stupid (even though Hillary won the popular vote) so yes, the election was illegitimate.

Are you really that stupid? no expression

Blindside12
Hillary won the popular vote, but somehow Russians influenced the electionlaughing out loud

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by NotXYZsock
Apparently Russian businessmen sent ads on facebook which were branded as "fake news" and that made people vote for Trump, which was obviously wrong and stupid (even though Hillary won the popular vote) so yes, the election was illegitimate.

Are you really that stupid? no expression

^^ child predator

snowdragon
So much collusion:

More Mueller Collusion

Everyone shoulda gone with Gary Johnson.

Blindside12
Originally posted by snowdragon
So much collusion:

More Mueller Collusion

Everyone shoulda gone with Gary Johnson.

So far the only person who hasn't colluded with Russia is Trump.

Surtur
Russia did shit like this:

https://i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2018/02/Screen-Shot-2018-02-18-at-4.35.05-PM.png

Damn them all to hell.

Surtur
Michael Moore Participated In Russia-Sponsored Anti-Trump Rally

That's a little bit funny, lol.

NotXYZsock
I thought that too. Is he really a republican troll?

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/gHfGkAQ.jpg

Whole lotta red in this photo Mikey...

NotXYZsock
I really wanna see "where to invade next" but it's on netflix and I haven't paid my subscription yet. sad

Surtur
I have the opposite problem, I have netflix, I just don't wanna watch a Michael Moore movie :/

NotXYZsock
I love Michael Moore films, minus capitalism a love story bollox but, he's good and showing how the ordinary folk feel about "why can't we have this in america"

Idk, I like his style.

Nephthys
https://68.media.tumblr.com/9b5b2867f9b2f55b4520b87fd9cf46ac/tumblr_otcsmjVQ2Z1tki7xko1_1280.jpg

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Surtur
Russia did shit like this:

https://i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2018/02/Screen-Shot-2018-02-18-at-4.35.05-PM.png

Damn them all to hell. deflection from reality via cherrypicking. keep up the hard work, comrade surt cuckovich

NotXYZsock
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
deflection from reality via cherrypicking. keep up the hard work, comrade surt cuckovich You're butthurt that you're a f*****?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.