Which robo arm would you pick?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Contenders are:

Bucky's metal arm:

https://reviewsbykristen.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/740655a0388027642b1479adb53ca02d757c77b9.jpg

Klaue's sonic-canon arm:

http://images.indianexpress.com/2018/02/klaue.jpg

Phil Coulson's SHIELD robo arm:

http://www.mymbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/03/Agents-Of-SHIELD-4.10-The-Patriot-Couslson%E2%80%99s-SHIELD.png

TheVaultDweller
I thought it would be an interesting selection. Because Bucky's arm is the strongest and most durable, Klaue's has the most destructive power, but Coulson's has the most gadgets.

Nephthys
What else can Coulsons arm do? I'm leaning towards Klaw because **** yeah sonic blaster arm but I can be convinced otherwise.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Nephthys
What else can Coulsons arm do? I'm leaning towards Klaw because **** yeah sonic blaster arm but I can be convinced otherwise.

Coulson's arm is pretty versatile. It contains the following:

Energy shield that can stop bullets and small explosions, different scanners, as well as an x-ray projector, communications equipment, and a remote Quinjet controller. There might be other minor things that I am forgetting. And while it is not as strong as Bucky's arm, for example, it is still strong enough to crush a human chest, or bend a steel pipe.

Yo-Yo made a comment about it also containing some kind of laser, but that's never been shown, so it could have been a joke on her part.

One thing to note is that Coulson's arm has been knocked out by an EMP before.

Dreampanther
Go go Gadget arm!

http://www.hotwaterdrive.com/plan/red_carpet/Inspector_Gadget/INSPECTOR_GADGET.jpg

Josh_Alexander
Winter Soldier's. Its the more efficient one.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
One thing to note is that Coulson's arm has been knocked out by an EMP before.

Can Bucky's arm be disabled by EMP?

I'm leaning Bucky or Coulson, but if Bucky is EMP resistant, I'll take that one. Can't be opening a jar of mayonnaise only for my strong hand to go dead laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Can Bucky's arm be disabled by EMP?

I'm leaning Bucky or Coulson, but if Bucky is EMP resistant, I'll take that one. Can't be opening a jar of mayonnaise only for my strong hand to go dead laughing out loud

Not sure, but it was briefly affected by one of Black Widow's taser discs. So, it is a possibility.

As to Coulson, I have to admit that I am not sure which arm got disabled by the EMP. Because he has two. The super fancy one with all the gadgets, and then a very basic one, which just has normal hand functionality. I know one of them got disabled by an EMP once, but I can't remember the specific episode (I just remember the scene itself), so I can't remember which hand it was.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Go go Gadget arm!

http://www.hotwaterdrive.com/plan/red_carpet/Inspector_Gadget/INSPECTOR_GADGET.jpg

laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
gotta go with Bucky

FrothByte
Gonna go with Coulson's. I mean, realistically, how often am I getting into fights anyway? I'll seldom need the full power of Bucky's arm and I'll even more seldomly need a hand canon. But Coulson's hand has a lot of gadgets I can see me using on a regular basis. So yeah, practicality over violence.

Nephthys
Arm blaster is just too good.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by FrothByte
Gonna go with Coulson's. I mean, realistically, how often am I getting into fights anyway? I'll seldom need the full power of Bucky's arm and I'll even more seldomly need a hand canon. But Coulson's hand has a lot of gadgets I can see me using on a regular basis. So yeah, practicality over violence.

But how cool would it be to go into a gym, watch some dude bench press 4 plates, and you go one-arm barbell curl it?

Boom, Bucky robo-arm all day everyday.

Jk, ya Coulson's is best

TheVaultDweller

Plus, it's not exactly like that arm is weak. At around 0:35:

7_bJJsJEqGs

jane21august
Coulson Arms. He has Strength, a Shield, and many hidden technologies

Blindside12
Just tell me now, did Coulson loose his arm?

KingD19
After seeing Infinity War, I might go for Bucky's arm. No way he doesn't get an upgrade from Shuri Goddess of Tech with a full Vibranium arm.

Blindside12
If he gets a full vibranium arm, that is just going to ROFL stomp things.

KingD19
Well it's pretty obvious he does. He comes to Wakanda with a stump. Gets frozen with a stump. Then when he wakes up in Panther, he's still go the stump, but Shuri tells him she's got more to show him in ways of training with his arm and about Wakanda. Because he's definitely got two arms in Infinity War, and I see no reason why they wouldn't make it as OP as possible to deal with a space god.

Blindside12
What you mean he wakes up in Panther? He wakes up in the suit? What I dont get is why they dont just give the suits to everyone including Cap, makes them all pretty much indestructible.

KingD19
Originally posted by Blindside12
What you mean he wakes up in Panther? He wakes up in the suit? What I dont get is why they dont just give the suits to everyone including Cap, makes them all pretty much indestructible.

The end credits of Black Panther have Bucky stepping out of a hut snd Shuri going over things with him. This is after they put him on ice at the end of Civil War to make sure he was no longer brainwashed.

If everyone got panther suits, everyone would get iron-man armor and learn magic from Dr. Strange too.

Blindside12
Wow, why didnt I stay for the end scenes...

KingD19
Wow, why didnt I stay for the end scenes...

You didn't? Okay hold on. You realize Marvel movies, period. Like every single one. Has had at least one after-credit/mid-credit scene since Iron Man back in 2008. It's been 10 years and you haven't realized to stay after the credits roll?

Actually I'm not surprised as every time I go see one more than half the theater gets up and walks out as soon as the credits start.

Blindside12
I always stay, for some reason I left early, it was like amnesia.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Bucky is shown in the post-credit scene right at the end, with some local children referring to him as White Wolf. And given what we see in Black Panther, in terms of tech, I wonder if his new arm will have a few more exotic abilities than just strength and durability. Wouldn't be surprised. Just like I wouldn't be surprised if Cap's new shield bracers have extra features as well.

FrothByte
I'm always surprised at how many people leave the theater after an MCU movie without waiting for the credits to finish. Have they never watched an MCU movie before?

Blindside12
Like I said, I always stay, for some reason I forgot about it, perhaps cause I had to piss real bad. Maybe other people have to go as well? I mean God, who would have thought after sitting for 2 hours and drinking pop or water or whatever you might have to go.

TheVaultDweller
I'm always surprised at how many people leave the theater after an MCU movie without waiting for the credits to finish. Have they never watched an MCU movie before?

Well, in some places, the staff actually make it harder for you. Like the one cinema near me. The staff come in to start cleaning before the end credits finish rolling, and tend to give you a serious evil eye if you are still inside when they enter. And they sometimes turn on all the lights when they do this, making it even harder to see what might still be happening onscreen.

jaden101
Klaue's arm blaster demolished a car made of vibranium.

FrothByte
Like I said, I always stay, for some reason I forgot about it, perhaps cause I had to piss real bad. Maybe other people have to go as well? I mean God, who would have thought after sitting for 2 hours and drinking pop or water or whatever you might have to go.

I apologize, I didn't mean that as a slight to you.

Blindside12
No worriessmile

HulkIsHulk
Coulson's arm can punch chunks out of brick walls and neck lift people

vUWvozC9Ifg

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Coulson's arm can punch chunks out of brick walls and neck lift people

vUWvozC9Ifg

Huh, I previously missed the laser finger comment. So, got comments from both him and Yo-Yo about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.