Where does Wakanda sit in regards to the other MCU Empires?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Josh_Alexander
One of the things i liked the most about Black Panther was Wakanda's technology and power. Clearly Earth's got it's own version of Asgard.

However it made me wonder, where does Wakanda sit in regards to the other MCU Empires?

In terms of technology and military power, how would Wakanda fare against other MCU superpowers like Asgard, or the Nova Corps or the Kree?

ShadowFyre
Haven't seen BP yet but good thread. Gonna come back to this

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Haven't seen BP yet but good thread. Gonna come back to this

Go watch it, I really loved Wakanda's tech.

BruceSkywalker
They are most likely number one

FrothByte
Unless they have enough technology for interplanetary travel then they probably can't compete with the cosmic races.

I'd say at the moment that their tech is above Stark's and SHIELD's but definitely below Asgard's.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
Unless they have enough technology for interplanetary travel then they probably can't compete with the cosmic races.

I'd say at the moment that their tech is above Stark's and SHIELD's but definitely below Asgard's.

I wonder if their weapons are as advanced as shield.

Like Quinjet vs Wakanda's aircraft would be a nice one.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I wonder if their weapons are as advanced as shield.

Like Quinjet vs Wakanda's aircraft would be a nice one.

What made me put them above SHIELD was their ability to heal lethal wounds.

Silent Master

Exactly, look at all of Rocket's gadgets and he does all that with just junk he can scrounge.

TheVaultDweller

Yet it's still inferior to musty, old dragon bones. big grin

Which is one of the pluses of the relative separation between TV and movie. Because the Netflix shows literally introduced a cure for death lol. I know there have been people like Coulson before that, but a lot of it is one-offs or unique circumstances. The dragon bone juice seemingly worked on anyone, and those bones are still underneath New York.

StiltmanFTW

Ross is just a CIA agent... facepalm

FrothByte
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ross is just a CIA agent... facepalm

Uh... ok, and? Are you saying because he's just a CIA agent that his wound was not that lethal?

TheVaultDweller
Uh... ok, and? Are you saying because he's just a CIA agent that his wound was not that lethal?

I think there is some miscommunication going on. I believe he thinks your original statement implied that Ross was SHIELD but they wouldn't be able to treat him (that, or that they wouldn't bother with someone from outside the agency), whereas I am pretty sure your actual meaning was that their medical care is superior to anything SHIELD has shown to date.

Josh_Alexander

Well, remember that Shield was able to bring Coulson back to life.

TheVaultDweller
That's not something they can pull off regularly though. Otherwise a whole bunch of dead AoS characters would still be alive.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That's not something they can pull off regularly though. Otherwise a whole bunch of dead AoS characters would still be alive.

Well that program is only ment for Avenger casualties, but the tech is there.

TheVaultDweller
Well that program is only ment for Avenger casualties, but the tech is there.

Yeah, but it's not really a viable, dependable option, considering its lack of use despite being introduced ages ago. Hell, Hawkeye's shield... I mean Quicksilver sure could have used some of that after AoU. In comparison, the Wakandans seem to have tons of those beads.

FrothByte
Well, remember that Shield was able to bring Coulson back to life.

They were only able to do that by using a Kree. Wakanda is able to heal lethal wounds without any need of external factors.

TheVaultDweller
Even with the beads, they'd be below races like the Kree though, who have also been revealed to possess resurrection technology. That blue idiot, Kasius, supposedly repeatedly killed and resurrected Yo-Yo over the course of decades. And then there is also obviously the fact that they have interstellar space travel.

And apparently you get what is basically Kree PCP lol.

TheVaultDweller
IMO, some of the most impressive tech we have seen has still been on AoS though. Namely, the Darkhold. That book allowed the construction of things like the Framework.

Josh_Alexander
And how about the Nova Corps? How does Wakanda fare against them?

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
IMO, some of the most impressive tech we have seen has still been on AoS though. Namely, the Darkhold. That book allowed the construction of things like the Framework.

True. Even Aida and the LMDs were pretty high-tech, and those were done without the Darkhold if I remember correctly.

ares834
Below all the cosmic Empires but above any of Earth's.

Robtard

^ This pretty much

They're well above the rest of Earth's best minds/tech. But they're no Asgard , whose tech appears to be magical it's so advanced. I'd also put them below the Kree, Nova Corps and the Dark Elves.

edit: Do wonder if Rhodes is going to get his spine fully healed by Wakandan tech now for Infinity Wars.

playa1258
A nice middle ground for Wakanda is about right.

TheVaultDweller
True. Even Aida and the LMDs were pretty high-tech, and those were done without the Darkhold if I remember correctly.

Well, IIRC, original AIDA was made by Radcliffe without any Darkhold aid, but with Fitz's input. But when they got the Darkhold, she made herself that glowing extra-dimensional energy brain that resembled the same energy Earth Sorcerers use when doing magic, at which point things really kicked up a gear.

The Darkhold also allowed AIDA to build herself a superhuman body with various powers, gave Ghost Rider's uncle the ability to create matter from thin air (well, technically, from energy drawn out of Hell, but it looked like it was coming from nowhere). And it also allowed them to construct a portal to another plane/dimension when Fitz and Coulson (I think it was) got trapped there.

relentless1
better than any force on earth most likely

probably around xandar level without Panther himself

pales in regards to Asgard or Thanos' crew

Blindside12
One of the things i liked the most about Black Panther was Wakanda's technology and power. Clearly Earth's got it's own version of Asgard.

However it made me wonder, where does Wakanda sit in regards to the other MCU Empires?

In terms of technology and military power, how would Wakanda fare against other MCU superpowers like Asgard, or the Nova Corps or the Kree?

Asgard Tech=/=Dark Elves
Nova Corps=/=Kree
Ironman Suit=/=Wakanda
Stark Tech
Shield Tech

playa1258
Asgard
Dark Elves
Kree/Nova Corps
Wakanda
Stark tech
Pym tech
Shield

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Blindside12
Asgard Tech=/=Dark Elves
Nova Corps=/=Kree
Ironman Suit=/=Wakanda
Stark Tech
Shield Tech

Originally posted by playa1258
Asgard
Dark Elves
Kree/Nova Corps
Wakanda
Stark tech
Pym tech
Shield

I always wondered how would Asgard fair against the Kree empire.

Blindside12
Tonys best suit puts Wakanda in check. Which is why I put his suit over his Run of the Mill Stark tech, missiles, etc.

I have no doubts if Tony came to Wakanda with Veronica to destroy it there wouldn't be much they could do to stop it.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Blindside12
Tonys best suit puts Wakanda in check. Which is why I put his suit over his Run of the Mill Stark tech, missiles, etc.

I have no doubts if Tony came to Wakanda with Veronica to destroy it there wouldn't be much they could do to stop it.

Yeah Tony's tech would be in par or above Wakanda's I believe. Millitarywise that is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.