Darth Tyranus vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Sabers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geistalt
RotS incarnations. Legends.

Freedon Nadd
Dooku

Kurk
It's difficult to gauge whether Dooku will tire and mess up before Kenobi does. Both of them appear to have a relatively equal amount of skill in their respective forms with neither form being advantageous over the other.

This is assuming both are robots which they're not.

When considering other factors Dooku is a master of Dun Moch which Kenobi has fallen for before. His combative skills may have matured to rival Dooku's, but not his overall mentality.

Throw in Tyranus's prowess with implementing kicks and such and I'd give him the win 8-9/10

MythLord
Dooku.

CuckedCurry
Kenobi, very close fight.

Greysentinel365

FreshestSlice
Because Kenobi doesn't know Ataru? You people act like he only knows Soresus, and that's it, despite him only switching to that style after TPM.

Kurk
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Because Kenobi doesn't know Ataru? You people act like he only knows Soresus, and that's it, despite him only switching to that style after TPM. Oh sure yeah switch to Ataru. I'm sure it'll end up GREAT for Kenobi.

FreshestSlice
Considering that's the form he's had the most experience with, I'm sure he'll do fine when he uses it to go on the offense. He didn't really change until TCW/RotS.

Kurk
Considering that's the form he's had the most experience with, I'm sure he'll do fine when he uses it to go on the offense. He didn't really change until TCW/RotS. Ever notice that Kenobi gets his ass handed to him every. single. time. he goes on the offensive against Dooku?

FreshestSlice

relentless1
Nah, Kenobi gets schooled like a toddler every. single. time he faces Dooku

LordOfTheLight
Lmfao

Freedon Nadd
Dooku didn't expect Obi-Wan would improve his lightsabre skills. Dooku took it easy on Obi-Wan. That's why.

Stigma
Dooku wins.

Rockydonovang
Because Kenobi doesn't know Ataru? You people act like he only knows Soresus, and that's it, despite him only switching to that style after TPM.
That's not what Grey was saying. Kenobi's reliance on ataru for attack won't work so well against Dooku who knows ataru inside out. There's a reason that when ROTS Kenobi attacked Dooku he was made "Limp".

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Dooku didn't expect Obi-Wan would improve his lightsabre skills. Dooku took it easy on Obi-Wan. That's why.
No, he didn't. Which is something else he said in the novel.
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
That's not what Grey was saying. Kenobi's reliance on ataru for attack won't work so well against Dooku who knows ataru inside out. There's a reason that when ROTS Kenobi attacked Dooku he was made "Limp".
This is stupid on a number of levels. For one, knowing Ataru inside and out doesn't make you clairvoyant and expect it when Kenobi suddenly switches styles, which is the only point that matters. And two, Dooku making Kenobi "limp" has absolutely nothing to do with either's bladework so it's completely irrelevant to a sabers only discussion. Kenobi also knows Ataru, "inside and out," a process that takes all of one singular year to accomplish. It's not an advantage for either party.

Rockydonovang
Dooku making Kenobi "limp" has absolutely nothing to do with either's bladework so it's completely irrelevant to a sabers only discussion.
I was unaware that characters weren't allowed to chain unarmed sequences in their attacks.

Not that allowing openings by which characters can land an unarmed hit that incapacitates you is unrelated to bladework.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.