CW Flash Latest Feat vs Speedsters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blindside12
Where does Flash CW rank with his latest speed feat.

He moved him and another person from behind prison walls to China and came back to prison in less then 3 seconds.

How does that stack up to

Foxes Quick Silver
Smallville Clark
DC Flash Justice Leauge

KingD19
He's up there. I think at this point everyone on the list is past Justice League Flash. But CW Flash is probably still the slowest.

Blindside12
CW Flash is faster or slower than Justice League Flash?

KingD19
My mistake. I meant that JL Flash is the slowest out of all of them, but CW Flash is next. So Smallville, QS, CW Flash, JL Flash.

Surtur
It's really hard to even peg just how fast Fox QS and Smallville Clark are. SC does sort of dodge...light at one point.

Remember this feat lol:

M-NlLzgnKxY

That's only season 4. He's not running to China in 3 seconds, no, he's doing all this at vastly higher speeds, so much so that to the entire crowd he doesn't appear to have left at all.

Blindside12
Since we on the Flash, do you know how Katelyn is able to control Killer Frost now and not go rouge and evil every time she transforms?

TheVaultDweller
Well, CW Flash has more quantifiable feats. Like running from Central City to a remote village in China and back in around 13 seconds. Which is actually a pretty insane speed feat.

Surtur
See my edited post and the clip. CW Flash has a long way to go.

Blindside12
Originally posted by Surtur
It's really hard to even peg just how fast Fox QS and Smallville Clark are. SC does sort of dodge...light at one point.

Smallville Clark was pretty much omni present by season 4, he could be anywhere instantly. He once stopped a bullet hitting Lana while when he wasnt even around, he heard the shot over the phone, was able to locate her and stop the bullet.

Yt7x4GPVHKE

He also did the same thing against automatic gunfire by hearing it over the phone

71-8M3xQYjM

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
See my edited post and the clip. CW Flash has a long way to go.

My post was more directed at the comparison between the Flashes. Smallville Clark is way faster. By the end of the show, he was so fast that at one point he appeared to be at multiple places across the planet at once, IIRC.

Surtur
Originally posted by Blindside12
Smallville Clark was pretty much omni present by season 4, he could be anywhere instantly. He once stopped a bullet hitting Lana while when he wasnt even around, he heard the shot over the phone, was able to locate her and stop the bullet.

Yt7x4GPVHKE

He also did the same thing against automatic gunfire by hearing it over the phone

71-8M3xQYjM

He had the best excuses too. The one with the gunfire while on the phone was "oh...time loop". Lol.

TheVaultDweller
The thing with the CW shows are they always completely balls up the speed numbers whenever they bring them up. Barry has multiple lighting dodging feats in s1, but has apparently never reached mach 2 until the end of that season. Or the time they claimed that mach 50 isn't an actual thing lol.

wakkawakkawakka
Well he's the most versatile speedster as of this point barring EoS Clark. If only the writers of his show knew how to math.

Blindside12
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well he's the most versatile speedster as of this point barring EoS Clark. If only the writers of his show knew how to math.

The math was done on Fox Quicksilver, and it wasnt as fast as people thought. His speed was calculated at 9151 mph.

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/whos-faster-flash-or-quicksilver/

TheVaultDweller
CW Flash also has feats like this which, while clearly showcasing immense speed and perception relative to normal humans, are pretty much unquantifiable.

LrC737f2ZPE

Blindside12
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
CW Flash also has feats like this which, while clearly showcasing immense speed and perception relative to normal humans, are pretty much unquantifiable.

LrC737f2ZPE

Either he stopped time or had access to pocket speed force dimension. Then again, Clark has feats like that as well, so its just hax speed.

TheVaultDweller
Whatever it was, it is an extremely good showing, as well over a minute passed from their perspective while seemingly no time at all passed for everyone else.

Blindside12
CW Flash has has inconsistent feats, but his high end feats are hax. Clark has hax speed all the time.

So I guess the order now would be

Smallvile Clark
CW Flash
Fox Quicksilver
JL Flash

Would you agree?

KingD19
The math was done on Fox Quicksilver, and it wasnt as fast as people thought. His speed was calculated at 9151 mph.

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/whos-faster-flash-or-quicksilver/

Lol wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5S5u60eeNg

Fastest speed is 38,595,480 m/s = 86,335,629 mph = Mach 112,524. That's slightly north of 1/10 light speed.

Barry moved so fast people were frozen around he and Iris. Peter watched an explosion explode for a few minutes after showing up after it had been exploding for a few seconds already.

Blindside12
I guess that is new numbers from Apoc, the first numbers were from DoFP.

Blindside12
Originally posted by KingD19
Lol wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5S5u60eeNg

Fastest speed is 38,595,480 m/s = 86,335,629 mph = Mach 112,524. That's slightly north of 1/10 light speed.

Barry moved so fast people were frozen around he and Iris. Peter watched an explosion explode for a few minutes after showing up after it had been exploding for a few seconds already.

Peter did not watch an explosion for a few minutes. No sense lying about feats.

TheVaultDweller
I'd still rank Fox QS above CW Flash, but the gap has diminished drastically with the latest season's feats for Barry.

Poor MCU Quicksilver has been completely left in the dust by the others at this point.

Blindside12
Seems about right.

KingD19
Peter did not watch an explosion for a few minutes. No sense lying about feats.

I'm not lying.

4LIcOFvWqjk

Peter shows up at 8 seconds into the video, a moment or so after Havok caused the explosion. Time basically stops for him and he steps onto frame at 17-18 seconds. He hangs out for a bit and notices the explosion coming out of the basketball court under the blackbird copter at 28 seconds. Then he runs in and does the whole mansion scene. The explosion flares out and everyone is saved at 2:44 minutes.

So yes, for 2 minutes and 16 seconds, he watched the explosion going off around him. Keep in mind that we don't see him for 9 seconds and time is already under his influence. Then he literally just stands there for an additional 10 seconds noticing Cyclops and the original team on their joyride and stuff. When he finally runs off after 20 seconds of letting the mansion explode in his eyes, he leaves his twinkie and Xavier's card suspended in the air.

His speed is ridiculous.

Blindside12
Video timing and time in movie are two separate things. In that scene they were happening simultaneously as shown.

Also and it’s a big also,

At time stamp 30 seconds in the video he is right at the explosion already moving people. Again you are misrepresenting facts saying no he was hanging out for 2 minutes watching it before doing anything.

TheVaultDweller
One thing to note about the Flash courtroom scene is that Barry seemingly chooses to end the moment, which means it could have potentially lasted longer. Of course, how much longer would be pure speculation.

TheVaultDweller
CW Flash can make a person facepalm when he gets tagged by people he really shouldn't though. Realistically, pretty much all of his fights with non-Speedsters should go along similar lines to this (with the exception of people like Hazard and her weird probability powers):

Gc9j3STEq50

But you know that if the plot demands it, he will somehow get tagged lol.

ares834
CW Flash has has inconsistent feats, but his high end feats are hax. Clark has hax speed all the time.

So I guess the order now would be

Smallvile Clark
CW Flash
Fox Quicksilver
JL Flash

Would you agree?

thumb up

TheVaultDweller
Damn, Flash might very well now be top dog among these guys after the last episode.

Blindside12
He froze a nuclear explosion in Flash time for almost one hour real time..

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, if a nuclear explosion is literally frozen from your perspective, and only starts to show visible movement several minutes later (from your perspective) when you start to tire out and slow down, you are going ridiculously fast.

Blindside12
Also worth noting, none of the other speedsters could stay in flash time anywhere as long as he could, or bring as many people into flash time as he could. he brought 3 people into flash time.

If we based freezing explosions off speed, the X Wing Explosion was never frozen to QS, it was always expanding, this nuclear explosion was literally flat out frozen in time.

WolvesofBabylon
Not sure how CW Flash is not number 1 now. They have amped him up quite a bit this season it seems.

Impediment
QS is fastest, IMO.

TheVaultDweller
IMO, Peter is 3rd on this list at this point. Flash's feat from the last episode was just stupid.

80% of the episode literally took place in the split second after a nuke was detonated, with the Speedsters trying to figure out a solution while the rest of the world was literally frozen for them. And by the end of the episode, when Barry manages to save the day, the blast had only traveled a couple of feet. And it only started showing signs of movement at all when they started getting tired and slowing down.

It makes Peter's mansion save feat look like a cakewalk.

playa1258
Agreed after the latest episode CW Barry is easily number 1.

Silent Master
Sounds like DC is doing what it always does, massively overpower their heroes and then have them at like complete retards 99% of the time to provide drama.

BruceSkywalker
Iris will stomp all lol

Impediment
Originally posted by playa1258
Agreed after the latest episode CW Barry is easily number 1.

Is there a video?

TheVaultDweller
That's kind of hard to do, because virtually the entire episode is the feat. The nuke detonates probably about 5 minutes into the episode, and Barry only saves the day with probably about 5 minutes of the episode to go. And all of that happened in only a fraction of a second in real time, as the nuke's blast wave had barely traveled any distance.

Basically, imagine the QS mansion explosion scene, but instead of doing it for like 3 minutes, the Flash did it for about half an hour.

wakkawakkawakka
Yet somehow CW will still tell us that Flash isn't even mach 20.

Silent Master
That's kind of hard to do, because virtually the entire episode is the feat. The nuke detonates probably about 5 minutes into the episode, and Barry only saves the day with probably about 5 minutes of the episode to go. And all of that happened in only a fraction of a second in real time, as the nuke's blast wave had barely traveled any distance.

Basically, imagine the QS mansion explosion scene, but instead of doing it for like 3 minutes, the Flash did it for about half an hour.

What happens when the next time they clock his top speed it gets listed at Mach 30 or so?

Impediment

Holy shit!

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Silent Master
What happens when the next time they clock his top speed it gets listed at Mach 30 or so?

Their official numbers are utter BS, so I tend to ignore them. I go by feats, and when the world is quite literally frozen from the Flash's perspective to the point where even explosions aren't moving, or he can run around the planet in like 10 seconds (while literally carrying bigass Bill Goldberg for half the trip), then he is WAY beyond Mach 30. The China run alone literally puts his speed in the Mach thousands already.

Plus, they've exaggerated the science talk to go with the new feats, because they were dropping things like Barry having "3 picoseconds" to reach DeVoe when he pops out of his little pocket dimension, and Barry said at the end of the episode that he is fast enough to do so. Which is a far cry from the 0.21 seconds he supposedly needed to cover like 80 feet just last season.

BruceSkywalker
don't you guys realize once Iris gets her powers she'll be unstoppable.. sad big grin stick out tongue laughing out loud laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
You laugh about it now, but given CW's track record on this season of their shows, I wouldn't be surprised if they inexplicably make Iris the fastest and best speedster ever, despite having zero previous experience with it.

Silent Master
Their official numbers are utter BS, so I tend to ignore them. I go by feats, and when the world is quite literally frozen from the Flash's perspective to the point where even explosions aren't moving, or he can run around the planet in like 10 seconds (while literally carrying bigass Bill Goldberg for half the trip), then he is WAY beyond Mach 30. The China run alone literally puts his speed in the Mach thousands already.

Plus, they've exaggerated the science talk to go with the new feats, because they were dropping things like Barry having "3 picoseconds" to reach DeVoe when he pops out of his little pocket dimension, and Barry said at the end of the episode that he is fast enough to do so. Which is a far cry from the 0.21 seconds he supposedly needed to cover like 80 feet just last season.

Everything is BS as it's fictional, but my question is more if their official word is that Flash is only Mach xxxx, then are they wrong about how fast Flash is or were they wrong about the speed needed to complete a certain feat.

Take comic Flash for example, there was an issue where he evacuated a town in IIRC a few microseconds, which would have required millions of times light speed, yet the comic clearly states that he was moving just below light speed.

TheVaultDweller
Everything is BS as it's fictional, but my question is more if their official word is that Flash is only Mach xxxx, then are they wrong about how fast Flash is or were they wrong about the speed needed to complete a certain feat.

Take comic Flash for example, there was an issue where he evacuated a town in IIRC a few microseconds, which would have required millions of times light speed, yet the comic clearly states that he was moving just below light speed.

They are wrong about the numbers in general, as they have consistently been since S1. He has a long list of feats at this point that would be impossible according to the numbers they have given in the past.

Hence why I don't bother paying much attention to those things. Because if the Flash can run back and forth between downtown Central City and Star Labs, have multiple conversations with other Speedsters and people he brought into "Flash Time", try different tactics, spend time doing long calculations on a white board, all while an explosion is barely moving at all, you don't need any numbers given to realise he is operating at a level of speed an extremely small list of people could match. I mean we can directly compare the QS mansion scene to this one and you don't need numbers to see which is better.

And if I do want to use numbers, I would just use my own calcs, or ones from people I trust. Like you can work out a number for the China feat, using its distance from the US, the time it took him etc. After all, the calcs used for people like QS and Smallville Clark etc. aren't really from the shows/movies so much as calcs people like you and I did.

NemeBro
If statements are contradicted by hard feats consistently, the feats should take precedence tbh.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by NemeBro
If statements are contradicted by hard feats consistently, the feats should take precedence tbh.

Yeah, and this is very often the case with CW Flash. It sometimes feels like not even a single one of those writers passed a high school physics class.

Silent Master
They are wrong about the numbers in general, as they have consistently been since S1. He has a long list of feats at this point that would be impossible according to the numbers they have given in the past.

Hence why I don't bother paying much attention to those things. Because if the Flash can run back and forth between downtown Central City and Star Labs, have multiple conversations with other Speedsters and people he brought into "Flash Time", try different tactics, spend time doing long calculations on a white board, all while an explosion is barely moving at all, you don't need any numbers given to realise he is operating at a level of speed an extremely small list of people could match. I mean we can directly compare the QS mansion scene to this one and you don't need numbers to see which is better.

And if I do want to use numbers, I would just use my own calcs, or ones from people I trust. Like you can work out a number for the China feat, using its distance from the US, the time it took him etc. After all, the calcs used for people like QS and Smallville Clark etc. aren't really from the shows/movies so much as calcs people like you and I did.

Fair enough.

How do you feel about the example in my question though, where the comic feat is flat out stated to be performed at under the speed of light in the narration.

IMO since both numbers are only given in the narration, it's just as easy to say that they got the time wrong as it would be to say they got his speed wrong.

TheVaultDweller
Fair enough.

How do you feel about the example in my question though, where the comic feat is flat out stated to be performed at under the speed of light in the narration.

IMO since both numbers are only given in the narration, it's just as easy to say that they got the time wrong as it would be to say they got his speed wrong.

It's a bit harder with comics IMO. Because you are still largely dependent on scene descriptions, written text etc. to know what's happening. The pictures on their own can't always give you a good time reference (unless, for example, there is another visual cue, like a falling object or something else to serve as a reference point). So, I personally wouldn't use those kinds of showings as standalone pieces of evidence. I'd look for other comparable feats of the character and hopefully find something that can provide a better frame of reference.

In contrast, with a tv show version, for example, the fact that the feats are performed live-action, and we actually see the motion, can check the time that passes etc. it's much easier to realise "wow, these writers are really talking out of their ass here" when something said clearly doesn't add up with something shown.

That being said, it also depends on just how inaccurate the discrepancy is IMO. If something is only a little bit off, then I can let it slide. But when it's something glaring, like the comic Flash example, then it's worth looking further.

Silent Master
It's a bit harder with comics IMO. Because you are still largely dependent on scene descriptions, written text etc. to know what's happening. The pictures on their own can't always give you a good time reference (unless, for example, there is another visual cue, like a falling object or something else to serve as a reference point). So, I personally wouldn't use those kinds of showings as standalone pieces of evidence. I'd look for other comparable feats of the character and hopefully find something that can provide a better frame of reference.

In contrast, with a tv show version, for example, the fact that the feats are performed live-action, and we actually see the motion, can check the time that passes etc. it's much easier to realise "wow, these writers are really talking out of their ass here" when something said clearly doesn't add up with something shown.

That being said, it also depends on just how inaccurate the discrepancy is IMO. If something is only a little bit off, then I can let it slide. But when it's something glaring, like the comic Flash example, then it's worth looking further.

That's fair. thank you.

TheVaultDweller
Funnily enough, the most direct reference to the Flash's current speed was made in the last episode of Arrow, by the doctor who often ends up treating them, who claimed that he is faster than the speed of light. Which means nothing, really, because they once made a similar claim with Zoom.

Surtur
Well if you want some figures for Smallville...Lionel Luthor did say that Luthorcorp had clocked Brainiac at moving at nearly the speed of light. Which is 186,000 mps.

Also this crazy feat:

D-Ffb6QH2VY

Skip to about 1:15

I will also note that although the clip doesn't show it, the photo Jimmy takes does not capture Clarks face, it just shows a red and blue blur. And you could see the light from the camera basically moving in super slow motion, and Clark even looks directly at it at one point.

WolvesofBabylon
Well Barry said it takes 3 picoseconds for Devoes breach to close and that by end of episode said nhe was fast enough to do that. Someone who is better at Math than me could may be figure that out as to how fast he is.

TheVaultDweller
Well, 3 picoseconds is 3/trillionths of a second, so to just cover 1m meter in that time would in fact require moving greater than the speed of light, if I am not mistaken. And by some margin too. Based on some quick calcs I did (though I fully admit that calcs done at 4:30am when suffering from insomnia might be flawed), he'd need to travel about 1111 times the speed of light to do that.

Darth Thor
So just caught the nuclear explosion feat... And damn!

CW speedsters literally just pummel Fox QS.

But I now wana hear that line again about Mach 50 not being a real thing Lol

HulkIsHulk
So Flash now has the comic book power of grantingbspoed? Man he's gonna be damn near unstoppable when he gets speed steal

Silent Master
If Flash is now 1111 times the speed of light, either his enemies are going to get massive upgrades or the show is going to be pure PIS.

I wonder which way DC will go.

TheVaultDweller
Since coming out of the Speedforce and getting the huge amp this season, they've been mostly using plot device to keep the story going. Like either fighting opponents with BS hax powers that can affect him regardless of speed (like Hazard's probability powers or Killgore's technopathy), or writing him out of the story, like having him thrown in jail for a few episodes, or temporarily giving Iris his speed etc. The actual jobbing so far has been fairly minimal. But I already know that there will likely be a fight in the next few episodes where DeVoe manages to tag him despite his speed. Cuz that's how the CW rolls.

Darth Thor
Yeah lots of PIS is inevitable.

I mean Barry getting caught on camera in DeVoes house (the start of a series of events which landed him in prison) was amongst the biggest load of PIS on the show. Especially in the same season as the Nuclear bomb feat.

But yes, glad they are reducing the number of Pis moments at least.

Still, when theyre bad, they are really bad.

TheVaultDweller
And now they've gone and made the Thinker so OP that he will also have to pretty much suffer some PIS in order to lose at the end of the season.

Silent Master
Everyone at DC must be compensating for a micropenis.

Surtur
Okay yeah the nuke feat puts his speed at crazy levels. Higher than even Smallville Clark.

Surtur
And now they've gone and made the Thinker so OP that he will also have to pretty much suffer some PIS in order to lose at the end of the season.

Wouldn't shock me if Flash randomly busts out a speed steal in order to win.

HulkIsHulk
And then never use it again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.