Originally posted by Nephthys
It was only physical in literally the first exchange when Terra very slowly jumped on Raven. And Robin as Red X solo'd the whole team while dodging Raven's slowass spells. And I'm not assuming they're unskilled, I can tell they are by their clumsy, easily telegraphed attacks and slow reflexes. Compared to the extremely fast and agile movements of benders they're total amateurs.
1. The island Kyoshi moved was far larger than the tower. It had entire mountain ranges on it:
She also wasn't struggling to do it very much and it was moving incredibly quickly.
2. White Raven doesn't count. Her standard barrier isn't nearly that strong and can just be avoided by Aang and Katara's attacks pretty easily. Terra was able to just go around it for instance and Jinx could just push her back with her blasts.
3. Terra didn't actually mean to do that, he power just triggered it by accident, whereas in the avatars case huge streams of magma shoot right out of the top. Plus, I heard Slade was amping her somehow at that point. At any rate we see the avatar causing 3 volcano's to erupt simultaneously, so that feat is again miles better.
4. I never said he raised the entire thing, my statement is still accurate. But that's not the point, the amount he raised is absolutely gargantuan. You can even see the fire nation ships/blimps in the shot for scale. If he used a similar scale attack against these two they'd be absolutely toast.
5. Aang's AS is stronger than Korra's since Korra lost her previous incarnations and he's far more spiritual and well realised as an Avatar than she was.
6. Robin would be a decent fight for Jet maybe, but lol @ him fighting Aang. Ty-Lee took out Katara when she'd never fought a chi blocker before, by attacking her from behind. But Ty Lee's a monster at any rate. The first fight in that video, where she takes down dozens of earthbenders solo is possibly the best non-bender feat in the series. And Robin dodging some electrical attacks isn't the same as dodging lightning, unlike Avatar characters who get scaling from Iroh who actually intercepted a real lightning bolt.
7. They only other instance I can think of that you might be talking about is Dr Light, where she went berserk and had to pull him into her body first. I don't know what she did to Slade so if you could point to the episode I'll look into it. Morals and character are on so she wouldn't do that at any rate.
8. Raven's use of those abilities in combat is inconsistent and often clumsy. She can't spam teleportation and as I recall its more of her slowly using portals anyway. Nor does she use intangibility to dodge attacks or keep it up while fighting. It won't be an issue for these characters any more than it was for the far inferior fighters like Jinx and shit in the series. They can adapt to the abilities quickly and use their superior skill to overwhelm her. Amy attempt at soul manipulation would fail due to Aang's own soul manipulation abilities and Raava backing him up.
Lol at Raven having slow reflexes. I will agree that in h2h combat, Raven and Terra are certainly lacking. They won't be using h2h combat in this fight though.
1. Kiyoshi Island was tiny. It only fit one village and was surrounded by volcanoes, in case you've forgotten, lol. Also, Titans Tower is made out of far heavier materials than rock. It's a full on skyscraper made out of steel and even heavier metals. Not to mention that it does have its own local island.
While I would agree that Kiyoshi island was far larger, this feat was also accomplished very early on by Terra who had just learned to control her powers. Hence the reason for Raven being able to lift the entire island casually, with a single hand. I can't find any scenes unfortunately, but I re-watched the episode. It's called, "Titans rising", I believe.
Basically Raven can lift the entire island with the massive metallic tower on it, with a single hand, with ease.
2. I know- white Raven would dimension dump Aang and Katara in Hell, warp them into outer space, erase them from existence, etc. This would be a non-fight.
I'm referring to when Raven was first being assaulted by Trigon on her birthday, and managed to stave off his assaults with her force fields.
After all, the feats you're referring to are generally associated with Raven not taking a fight seriously. In a fight to the death like this, she will use her abilities to their full extent, which makes her capable of resisting even Trigon for a time, who is referred to as a universal power. PIS and CIS aside, Raven's abilities are essentially whatever they need to be, in the series. When she needs to, she can resist attacks from Trigon that caused the apocalypse and ended all life on Earth. This isn't even White Raven- White Raven stomped Trigon with ease and reversed all the damage he did, bringing all life back to Earth(i.e. Quintillions, possibly more, of lifeforms, including billions of humans).
3. Uh, so Terra did that on accident as collateral damage from using her powers. That's even more impressive, dude. Lmao. She also collapsed an entire mountain on top of herself, and has caused literal earthquakes just by getting angry.
Also, Slade didn't "amp" her, he just trained her to control her powers more. Same thing he did with Robin, basically. She was his apprentice.
4. Uh, lmfao, the scale of Aang raising the see level on a small swath of land is not even that impressive. Especially considering that he had to go Avatar state to do it.
It was literally maybe the size of a town, lol. If Aang used that against Raven and Terra? They'd float upwards, lmao.
5. Regardless, Korra's feats don't scale to Aang. That's like saying Kid Goku from DB could one-shot EOS Naruto because Goku early DBZ can planet bust.
Korra is a completely different series, and since it's the sequel to AtLAB, we can scale from Aang to Korra, not the other way around.
6. Uh, bullshit
Name a single feat that Jet has that could put him against Robin. Robin, as I said, has solo'd his entire team, tanked hits from Cyborg, Cinderblock, as well as Beastboy, Starfire, etc. EOS Robin is on par with Slade, who has literally put down Beastboy as a T-rex before.
Robin is used to fighting people with the kinds of powers that Aang and Katara have. Not to mention that he takes out entire squadrons of hundreds of armed soldiers on the regular, without much difficulty. Tai Lee is not impressive compared to Robin.
7. It was during the birthday episode- when she overpowered Slade's assault on her mind when he was a herald of Trigon. She has also resisted Trigon himself, like I mentioned earlier. Aang and Katara would have been turned into heralds by Trigon, lol.
Do Aang or Katara have any feats of mind manipulation/telepathy or resistance to it?
8. I already addressed the CIS/PIS thing. It wouldn't be useful to the plot if Raven was operating at 100% at all times, and just one-shots anyone the team fights.
Since when does Aang have soul manipulation? Bending stealing =/= Soul manipulation. He is in tune with the spirit realm, which you could use as an argument, but what feats does he have of resisting soul stealing/manipulation from a being on Raven's level? Barring PIS/CIS, Raven could just steal both his and Katara's souls or dimension dump them into the demon realm.
What defense could Aang have against that, let alone Katara?
Also, I think it's stupid that White Raven isn't allowed here, but AS is. Raven can go White Raven almost on command by the end of the series. In the future, it was shown to be her standard form. It has to do with her emotions- once she gains control over them, she can go White Raven. It's not as if Aang can go AS all willy nilly either, until the very end of the series.