Georgia Lawmakers Threaten to Violate Delta's First Amendment Right

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bashar Teg
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/26/nra-boycott-company-delta-threatened-georgia-over-jet-fuel-tax-cut

tl;dr- georgia lawmakers are threatening to jack up jet fuel costs on delta as retribution for their severance with the nra. i'm not naive, and know well that historically lawmaking and bribes/blackmailing often go hand in hand. but isn't it technically illegal and supposed to be kept secret?

maybe it's just that corporations are people, but some corporations are more people than others?

Flyattractor
Good. Corporations should be held to account when they use their power to FORCE their political views on to the consumers. Oh and just for the Benefit of the Type that "Agree" with Bashy The Fasciy" This is what the First Amendment actually says....

First Amendment
The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/26/nra-boycott-company-delta-threatened-georgia-over-jet-fuel-tax-cut

tl;dr- georgia lawmakers are threatening to jack up jet fuel costs on delta as retribution for their severance with the nra. i'm not naive, and know well that historically lawmaking and bribes/blackmailing often go hand in hand. but isn't it technically illegal and supposed to be kept secret?

maybe it's just that corporations are people, but some corporations are more people than others?

Awful. It is wrong when the government tries to use its power to coerce people, isn't it? Just wrong.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Good. Corporations should be held to account when they use their power to FORCE their political views on to the consumers. Oh and just for the Benefit of the Type that "Agree" with Bashy The Fasciy" This is what the First Amendment actually says....

First Amendment
The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government.

I love how leftists whine about certain laws, but have no problems with illegal immigrants or sanctuary cities. It makes me not able to take them even a little bit seriously.

Bashar Teg
nice deflection, phaggot. anything concerning the topic?

Surtur
nice deflection, phaggot. anything concerning the topic?

Aww little snowflake, it's wrong when the government tries to coerce people to do certain things. I had a problem with it when Obama did it and I don't like it now.

Bashar Teg
nice edit, phaggot. still doesn't address the topic.

Surtur
nice edit, phaggot.

You butthurt, chump?

Did you whine when previous administrations pulled stuff like this? Just curious.

Bashar Teg
so you think you somehow won the argument.by derailing the topic? you're a phaggot?

Surtur
so you think you somehow won the argument.by derailing the topic? you're a phaggot?

I love how butthurt you are. Answer the question, snowflake.

Surtur
It also might be a good idea not to whine about topic derailments, unless you're 100% confident you've never pulled something like that or posted off topic comments before.

Are you 100% confident in that?

Bashar Teg
you're a welfare fraud too? rub your brother's feet for a living?

Surtur
you're a welfare fraud too? rub your brother's feet for a living?

Awww, baby angry? It's okay.

Bashar Teg
completely emmasculated? well technically you do still have a penis, right?

cdtm

Blackmail is basically doing something to someone you have every legal right to do normally, to force something out of them (You just know crooked politicians thought long and hard about that one.)

So yeah, I'd assume this is blackmail.

Unless it slides by because they didn't outright say they'd reduce prices back down if they changed their stance.

Surtur
completely emmasculated? well technically you do still have a penis, right?

Keep trying, you'll hit on something eventually.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
Blackmail is basically doing something to someone you have every legal right to do normally, to force something out of them (You just know crooked politicians thought long and hard about that one.)

Unless it slides by because they didn't outright say they'd reduce prices back down if they changed their stance.

So they have the legal right to do it, nothing else needs to be said.

Bashar Teg
the part of naked illegality would be the open suggestion of retaliating against free speech by changing legislation, to punish a company for not falling 100% within party lines. again, this general practice is just the sad state of politics, and both parties own it. but this particular case is a milestone in corruption imo, just in its openness.

Surtur
the part of naked illegality would be the open suggestion of retaliating against free speech by changing legislation, to punish a company for not falling 100% within party lines. again, this general practice is just the sad state of politics, and both parties own it. but this particular case is a milestone in corruption imo, just in its openness.

Uh, nobody is preventing them from saying anything. Free speech does not protect you from the consequences of the shit you say.

Bashar Teg
the first amendment literally protects you from having laws passed in order to shut you up. you've already proven you don't understand the bill of rights when it involved situations about corporate sponsorship and boycotting. (in which cases you whined about freedom of speech. weird.)

cdtm

Usually, a law is only as effective as the lawyers surrounding it.

A good defense lawyer has literally helped people get away with murder. And judges are simply lawyers by another name, which is why we had a law on the books for years allowing for the forceable sterilization of "stupid people" (No, I am not making this up. It inspired Nazi Germany and stayed on the books until the 1970's)

My point being, they state has a lot of good lawyers. Either, they know they aren't breaking any laws. Or, they DO know they're breaking laws, and figure they can argue against it.

Or, worst of all, they know they're breaking laws, and have a reasonable belief that no one will call them on it. DA's and judges turn blind eyes all the time.

Bashar Teg

Or, worst of all, they know they're breaking laws, and have a reasonable belief that no one will call them on it. DA's and judges turn blind eyes all the time.

that's my guess. or else why not just quietly legislate their revenge, like they always do? it seems like they're trying to see if they can get away with more open corruption.

Surtur
the first amendment literally protects you from having laws passed in order to shut you up. you've already proven you don't understand the bill of rights when it involved situations about corporate sponsorship and boycotting. (in which cases you whined about freedom of speech. weird.)

If what you say is true then obviously this won't work and will backfire. Problem solved.

Nephthys
"This makes my position look bad so shut up about it."

Surtur
I say just let people who wanna separate do so. I'm sure in time the NRA will find replacements.

Either this is illegal and will backfire, or it's legal and will still make them look bad.

darthgoober

Depends on how they're doing it. I believe blackmail requires a formal written letter, if the threat is spoken I think it's just extortion... lol

Surtur
Originally posted by darthgoober
Depends on how they're doing it. I believe blackmail requires a formal written letter, if the threat is spoken I think it's just extortion... lol

Lol that's hilarious if true but wait...who would actually write down their intention to commit a crime this serious?

"Dear Sir,

Pay me money or I will (insert threat).

Sincerely,

The Person Blackmailing You".

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by darthgoober
Depends on how they're doing it. I believe blackmail requires a formal written letter, if the threat is spoken I think it's just extortion... lol the blackmail was in the form of a tweet (see article).

Surtur
If it's a tweet I'm wondering if someone will try to be a little weasel and say "oh an intern tweeted that" or something.

Bashar Teg
sure why not. it worked for the orange weasel. got his lawyer to say they did it.

Robtard

It's very simple: The 2nd Amendment > 1st Amendment. That's how the NRA and their acolytes view it.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol that's hilarious if true but wait...who would actually write down their intention to commit a crime this serious?

"Dear Sir,

Pay me money or I will (insert threat).

Sincerely,

The Person Blackmailing You".
I'm serious, but I looked it up and it turns out that it's dependent upon the state as to whether or not it has to be in writing...

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+blackmail+written&rlz=1C1PRFI_enUS766US766&oq=is+blackmail+written&aqs=chrome..69i57.12644j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

dadudemon
Well, these Georgia lawmakers should be taken out into the streets and beaten savagely.

But that's just my barbaric and immature opinion because I care too damn much about America's Freedoms.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, these Georgia lawmakers should be taken out into the streets and beaten savagely.

But that's just my barbaric and immature opinion because I care too damn much about America's Freedoms.

Beat 'em with clubs and stuff. No nut shots.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
Beat 'em with clubs and stuff. No nut shots.

That's fair. No cruel and unusual punishments. lol

Blindside12
Was the left concerned when the Obama administration violated the rights of the tea party by targeting them with the IRS?

Was the left concerned with the illrgal spying on the Trump campaign?

I'm also not buying the whole "we need to protect corporations rights" by the left now simply because it involves the NRA.

snowdragon

This is pretty ludicrous. The Govt shouldn't create winners and losers like this based on relationships that public entities have between each other. Especially when they aren't even related.........guns and airplanes oh my.

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't have been kept secret though since its done through the state legislation and its a large tax incentive for Delta.

Bashar Teg
"but obama" nice win thumb up

forever champions of kmc

Blindside12
I wonder if Doug Jones will do anything about this awful situation, not buying the crocodile tears for Delta.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Blindside12
Was the left concerned when the Obama administration violated the rights of the tea party by targeting them with the IRS?

The IRS lost that fight:

IRS Apologizes

Still, that was a weaponizing of our govt and they shouldn't have done that either.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by snowdragon
This is pretty ludicrous. The Govt shouldn't create winners and losers like this based on relationships that public entities have between each other. Especially when they aren't even related.........guns and airplanes oh my.

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't have been kept secret though since its done through the state legislation and its a large tax incentive for Delta.

i always thought that the game hinges around pretending that the legislation was introduced and passed because of sensible other reasons. you're not supposed to go public and state your intention to harm a specific company as retribution.

Blindside12
Originally posted by snowdragon
The IRS lost that fight:

IRS Apologizes

Still, that was a weaponizing of our govt and they shouldn't have done that either.

They left still denies this even happened though

Surtur
They left still denies this even happened though

Bingo, I think even some people here denied it.

Blindside12
I know the BARN boys do.

Bashar Teg
"but obama" nice win thumb up

forever champions of kmc

look at that, you won again. wow you're both so smart. *clap* *clap*

Blindside12
Did the IRS target conservatives or did Obama like when he said to Chris Matthews "there isn't even the tiniest bit of corruption."

Robtard

"But Obama" and/or "But Clinton" is still strong with Trumpers and shows no real signs of weakening

Blindside12
"But Bush" was strong with Obozos for 7 years.

Robtard
In regards to the ongoing war which he started and the recession he left us in, hell yes, but more like 5, maybe 6. 5.5 average.

Blindside12
The wars that Obama continued and somehow under the first year of the Trump admin basically destroyed the caliphate od ISIS to a fraction of what they were?

https://www.google.com/amp/foreignpolicy.com/2017/11/22/the-caliphate-is-destroyed-but-the-islamic-state-lives-on/amp/

Robtard
Yes, thank you, considering I was the one to inform you that Obama wanted to continue the war after you blamed him for pulling out and the pulling out being disastrous. I can find the posts, if you need. My memory and all.

Blindside12

Robtard

Blindside12
*thats,

Keep being cute.

Flyattractor

This statement just proves that Bashy The Fashy really dosen't understand how the Amendments and other laws really works.

Bashy is a Phaggy Fascist!

And a STUPID ONE AT THAT TOO!

eek!

Blindside12
Which countries did Obama help out the most?

Iran= Islamic Fascist Dictatorship
Cuba= Communist Fascist Dictatorship
North Korea= Communist Fascist Dictatorship

Flyattractor

Iran=Fascist Dictatorship
Cuba= Communist Fascist
North Korea= Communist Fascism

Those are the countries that have the kind of Human Rights Him and His side approve of.

eek!

BackFire
Delta should just call their bluff and tell them they're leaving the state for greener pastures. I'm sure Delta would be just fine operating in another state.

Flyattractor
And Atlanta would be open to having Several New Airline services competing for the area which would also benefit travelers.

SO yeah. Phuck Delta. Phuck em up their Lefty Ways.

BackFire
I'm sure they're open to that now.

Flyattractor
Commercial Competition is always a good thing.

Which is why Leftist hate it so much.

BackFire
Commercial competition is a good thing. Shame there's a borderline monopoly among the airlines right now. I'd love it if more airline companies would grow and compete with the few big ones that can currently decide pricing on a whim.

Flyattractor
Careful there Backy. You might have to turn in your Lefty Card if you don't watch it.

BackFire
But then how will I get my unneeded food stamps, welfare and Islamic indoctrination?

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Delta should just call their bluff and tell them they're leaving the state for greener pastures. I'm sure Delta would be just fine operating in another state.

That would be hilarious. Doubt it will happen, but still.

Flyattractor
But then how will I get my unneeded food stamps, welfare and Islamic indoctrination?

Silly Lefty! Democrats don't make it so you need any kind of ID to get Free Stuff! that is really stolen money from taxpayers!!!!

Silly Fascist!!!!!!!

eek!

BackFire
Oh ok, you scared me there for a minute.

Flyattractor
Yes. I know you are a Hypocrite. You are a Leftist Fascist after all.

BackFire
Your words can't hurt me.

Flyattractor
You are crying on the inside.

You are a bleeding heart liberal after all.

BackFire
Don't all hearts bleed?

Flyattractor
No. You are thinking of Gingivitis and your Teeth.

Go see a Dentist and Floss once.

BackFire
My teeth are perfect. I've never had a cavity.

Flyattractor
What about that big cavity in between your ears?

Surtur

Aww you mad?

Bashar Teg
wow great comeback, retard thumb up

Surtur
wow great comeback, retard thumb up

You ever made a similar comeback?

Blindside12
Delta now might walking back their stance back.

I wonder if the NRA should support their pilots being disarmed?

Delta: Rules for there, not for me.

Should be thee new motto.

Robtard
What does a seemingly small percentage of pilots being armed have to do with Delta not giving the NRA special rates anymore? An NRA member can still fly on Delta, they just pay the same like the rest of us non-NRA members.

Blindside12
So Delta, supports the second amendment when its good for them, otherwise, **** it.

Why should anyone get a discount on Delta then, wether it be AAA, AARP or anyone else?

Robtard
Um, how are they not supporting the 2nd Amendment or even attacking it for that matter? They're not saying NRA members or even gun owners in general can't fly on Delta planes anymore.

It's a private company, it they want to give discounts to certain other organizations, they can. What they can't do is go "AAA members can fly, but AARP members can't"; that hasn't happened though. NRA members can still fly on their planes.

Interesting enough, the mayors of Virginia, New York and Alabama have welcomed Delta to move to their state. Hopefully this happens. Other states are likely to extend the welcome as well.

snowdragon

Why should anyone get a discount on Delta then, wether it be AAA, AARP or anyone else?

That's a fair question but the real question is why should our elected officials decide who Delta gives discounts too if they aren't breaking the law?

It sounds like these elected officials could potentially be damaging their constituents by forcing the business to make a decision to leave the state and therefore take jobs out of the state.

Flyattractor
But what right does DELTA have to Exclude certain things from Certain Customers?

Isn't that what the Whole Gay Cake Thing was about?

I seem to recall The Left singing a VERY DIFFERENT TUNE about that one.

Funny how that works.

dadudemon

Iran= Islamic Fascist Dictatorship
Cuba= Communist Fascist Dictatorship
North Korea= Communist Fascist Dictatorship

I don't know about that. Based on money and actual statements made by Obama and his administration, Israel tops the list.

And What we did for Cuba should have been done decades ago. It was retarded to do that bullshit to Cuba. Stupid cold war hold-over bullshit.

Flyattractor
Best thing that we could have done for Cuba was blow the Castro's Brains out their butts.

dadudemon

That would cost too damn much and the publicity revenue up-tick would last for a millisecond and would not account for the cost it would take to move.

However....have them move to Oklahoma. That taxes are low and the people are nice. big grin They'll get an RoI in 2-5 years if they do it correctly. wink

dadudemon
Best thing that we could have done for Cuba was blow the Castro's Brains out their butts.

You're right. thumb up Probably the best thing we could have done for Cuba 20+ years ago.

But that's murder.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by dadudemon
You're right. thumb up Probably the best thing we could have done for Cuba 20+ years ago.

But that's murder.

Look at it like more as Pest Control.

dadudemon
Look at it like more as Pest Control.

No. no expression

I'm not okay with murder. And I am most certainly not okay with us toppling regimes and murdering people to put in puppets.

Flyattractor
And that is why there are so many Leftist Fascist Dictators in the world.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.