Ahsoka Tano vs Darth Vader (Cont.), Sheev Palpatine vs Ahsoka Tano / Ezra Bridger!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Ahsoka vs Vader, Part II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZR0X4Sk3Mw

Sheev vs Ahsoka/Ezra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg8mUrtHjRQ

ares834
I like this trippy force stuff. More of this, less throwing around X-wings please.

However, using this BS to save Ahsoka is dumb as hell.

|King Joker|
R.I.P. "Ahsoka doesn't have any good Force feats."

DarthAnt66
Am really impressed with Tano's performance vs Vader.

Also, did Vader just fall into a pit of pure energy? Lmfaowtf

Kurk
On a side note, why does Sheev sound like The Amazing Mumbo lol?

This flame feat is nothing to get excited over. Omitting that this takes place in some omni-dimensional portal that we don't yet understand, it's pretty clear by Sheev's enjoyment of the situation that he was toying with them near the beginning at least. His goal was to, what, capture them? So this attack was a fraction of his full capabilities. Looks like Tano and Ezra utilized some form of tutaminis.

Zenwolf
Why would him wanting to capture make his power so weak that they could resist him though? Someone could still be stronger without having to kill.

Greysentinel365
Nothing new on the Vader vs Ahsoka front. I'm calling that a loss for her. She was still being forced back and would have been killed if not for Ezra.

And I'm honestly not even surprised by her holding the Emperor. Remember that concept Filoni had of her holding the Emperor's lighting in the Jedi Temple or something?

DarthAnt66
Everyone ignoring that Sheev is somehow able to break his hand into this uber-dimension through Sith magic and force of will.

|King Joker|
God, you guys are so ****ing predictable, LMFAO.

ares834
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Everyone ignoring that Sheev is somehow able to break his hand into this uber-dimension through Sith magic and force of will.

The implication is that he needs someone already there to do that. He only manages to force his hand through after he has caught Ezra and his dialogue further hints at that.

DarthAnt66
I still think it's impressive, although near-impossible to quantify.

ares834
I agree. Sidious came across looking great in this episode. Actually, from a "power level" perspective, all the force users did. Some nice feats all around TBH.

Kurk
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why would him wanting to capture make his power so weak that they could resist him though? Someone could still be stronger without having to kill. He was toying. If he really wanted to capture them then and there, he would of pressed his attack and straight up overwhelmed them instead of cackling away in amusement the moment he encounters some resistance.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Kurk
it's pretty clear by Sheev's enjoyment of the situation that he was toying with them near the beginning at least. Have you watched Revenge of the Sith?

Zenwolf
He was toying. If he really wanted to capture them then and there, he would of pressed his attack and straight up overwhelmed them instead of cackling away in amusement the moment he encounters some resistance.

He was toying around, when he wants to get to the place so he could rule the universe? So he's stupid?

Kurk
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Have you watched Revenge of the Sith? Of course, why do you ask? smile

|King Joker|
He was toying around, when he wants to get to the place so he could rule the universe? So he's stupid? No, Kurk is just trying desperately to minimize the feat, lol.

Of course, why do you ask? smile If you had then you'd remember that Palpatine is characteristically joyful during duels, lol.

Kurk
He was toying around, when he wants to get to the place so he could rule the universe? So he's stupid? Overconfident might be a better word. He's clearly strained towards the end when the two are making their escape and manages to shut his mouth pretty quick once they start to slip from his grasp.

Galan007
So once Palpatine had a beacon to hone-into(ie. Ezra/Ahsoka), he was able to use his own sorcery to essentially force his influence/power into *the* quintessential nexus point of *all* space/time... And very nearly enter that realm in the flesh without using a specialized gateway created by the 'Mortis Gods'..? Damn.

Unless I'm way off base here, that is one of the best canonical force feats to date -- if only because it depicts the sheer scale at which Palpatine can operate.

Kurk
Originally posted by Galan007
So once Palpatine had a beacon to hone-into(ie. Ezra/Ahsoka), he was able to use his own sorcery to essentially force his influence/power into *the* quintessential nexus point of *all* space/time... And very nearly enter that realm in the flesh without using a specialized gateway created by the 'Mortis Gods'..? Damn.

Unless I'm way off base here, that is one of the best canonical force feats to date -- if only because it depicts the sheer scale at which Palpatine can operate. Absolutely. Impressive in the sense that Palpatine is both skilled at utilizing ancient sith sorcery, something we can only imagine being incredibly complicated that takes many years to master, in addition to possessing the raw power needed to break that inter-dimensional wall and hone onto force signatures, so to speak.

One Big Mob

Unless I'm way off base here, that is one of the best canonical force feats to date -- if only because it depicts the sheer scale at which Palpatine can operate. He didn't even have a beacon though. He just knew Ezra was in there.
And as we saw from the Vader fight, you can't tell there's someone watching you.

So in addition, Sheev somehow made a window into the dimension by somehow feeling Ezra, and lit as much of the nexus up as he could with blue flames that transform into a lasso he can pull himself through the window. Curious if he could always look into it, or has before and knew how (he knew what it was) and just set it up when he knew Ezra was in there.

I was half expecting the Owl to turn into the Sister and have to save them from Sheev.

Galan007
Oh, Palpatine definitely knew about the nexus(his minion knew about it, after all)... But until Ezra/Ahsoka were actually within the nexus, he simply didn't know where to 'look'.

Once he was able to lock-onto their location, however, Palpatine's sorcery allowed him to reach across time/space and force his way into the nexus without accessing a formal gateway forged by the most powerful force-Gods in the mythos.

...It was quite something, tbh.

One Big Mob
Here's where I am on it

Palpatine found a way to look into it, but he couldn't figure out how to pass when originally finding out about it. Him knowing Ezra was in there caused him to open the 'window' again and figured he'd try grabbing him.

Or he somehow locked onto Ezra's energy signal in a place beyond time and space, and made the window then.

Both of them involve him creating the 'window' and forcing power through. Both of them are incredible feats. Him sensing Ezra and doing everything from there is a bit better though. I go with option one because of how quick he did it, and his prior knowledge of it. Though option 2 is viable considering him shutting the gate seemed to close it off completely. Or we go back to option one and assume he's stuck just peaking in waiting for another to enter.

Him sensing Ahsoka would be him sensing her getting ripped out from the past, so I think it was just Ezra in that case. Otherwise it goes up a level.

NewGuy01
God, you guys are so ****ing predictable, LMFAO.

lol, right back at you

|King Joker|
should i not be impressed with her lol

Haschwalth
Canon finally greeted with Space fold type abilities.
Ignoring the Ones.

Kurk
should i not be impressed with her lol Did you doubt her ability to deflect such an attack with great difficulty before? It was my understanding that you had her at about Maul level force-wise before seeing her fate; this isn't anything out of that domain of power. If she did utilize tutaminis it's impressive to her development of skill with wielding the force more than anything (but then again Ezra managed to do so to which questions just how advanced of a technique it is).

Azronger

Unless I'm way off base here, that is one of the best canonical force feats to date -- if only because it depicts the sheer scale at which Palpatine can operate.

thumb up

Ahsoka managing to hold her own is clear bullshit though. Filoni has ruined every major villain thus far, and I sense he is saving the main man Sheev for last.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Azronger
thumb up

Ahsoka managing to hold her own is clear bullshit though. Filoni has ruined every major villain thus far, and I sense he is saving the main man Sheev for last.

Sidious was playing around, and Ashoka, barely managed to hold it back for 3-4 seconds, before needing help. Sidious was just laughing.

Sidious is known to hold back against his opponents to tease/torture them(aka Luke in ROTJ)

Emperordmb
Is Canon Sheev not as all powerful as you think? Or is he being really dumb there? Your choice.

Greysentinel365
Originally posted by Azronger
thumb up

Considering they are basically on THE force nexus it's likely both her and Ezra were monumentally amped while Palps had to hold the gate open while attacking them with his own power.

Darth Abonis

Kurk
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Sidious was playing around, and Ashoka, barely managed to hold it back for 3-4 seconds, before needing help. Sidious was just laughing.

Sidious is known to hold back against his opponents to tease/torture them(aka Luke in ROTJ) Not to mention that she only managed to hold-back a fraction of the flames. The rest were diverted around them.
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Is Canon Sheev not as all powerful as you think? Or is he being really dumb there? Your choice.
I have canon Sheev substantially below his EU counter part, but that doesn't mean he was too weak to carry out his intentions in this scene. Time after time sith are perceived as being over-confident, and this appeared to be the case here.

Nephthys
Not to mention that she only managed to hold-back a fraction of the flames. The rest were diverted around them.

Sheev not being able to focus his attack against a single opponent doesn't exactly make him look better. Though, they were diverted because she was diverting them, so I don't see your point as valid anyway.

Kurk
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sheev not being able to focus his attack against a single opponent doesn't exactly make him look better. Though, they were diverted because she was diverting them, so I don't see your point as valid anyway. Yes the attack was unfocused, but unlikely to be due incompetence on Sheev's end. He would later focus just on Ezra when pulling him in, and near the end split his attack to follow both of the separate jedi simultaneously.

It's reasonable to assume that his initial attack was an unfocused one meant to roughen them up (aka toy with them) before presumably going in for the capture.

Ahsoka diverted the flames, absorbed just enough to create a gap for her and Ezra, whatever you want to call it. It's not on the level of, for example, Kanan creating a barrier to hold back an entire wall of flames. It was only a fraction of Palpatine's power she was dealing with.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Greysentinel365
Nothing new on the Vader vs Ahsoka front. I'm calling that a loss for her. She was still being forced back and would have been killed if not for Ezra.

Yeah, that she lost on a nexus was never disputed. That she is likely an inferior was never disputed. What was disputed was the notion that contending with Vader on a ds nexus places her on par with Ventress...

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Yeah, that she lost on a nexus was never disputed. That she is likely an inferior was never disputed. What was disputed was the notion that contending with Vader on a ds nexus places her on par with Ventress...
LMFAO

Yeah the idea that Ventress is on her level is absurd.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ares834

However, using this BS to save Ahsoka is dumb as hell.
Yeah, dunno why they didn't just show vader killing her.

Are they gonna fight a second time? I mean, it would get us the closure here which we should have had with the first fight, at the same time, it would just be dragging shit.

Rockydonovang
anyway, i need ot know where i can watch this episode for free

MythLord
online smile
Also, according to Filoni, Yoda can also apparently access this world between worlds:
https://youtu.be/_XGJd_g1zDA?t=437
7:17 - 7:47

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Sidious was playing around. Sidious was just laughing.
Sidious was toying with Yoda then?

Yes because she isn't as powerful, which is something no one disputed.

Opponents he's already overwhelmed.

Untill you can fufill the burden of proof here, this "sidious was toying" line of argumentation shall be ignored. Logic dictates he would be trying to overwhelm Ahsoka, so we'll go with that.

Yes, because she diverted the rest of them. All the flames were aimed directly at her, so again, that doesn't invalidate the feat.

The only valid context that might be here is that of the nexus, but I'll need to see the episode first to see if this is substantiated. Just so we're clear here, if you choose to factor in this "nexus", it would be intellectually dishonest not to factor the Malachor nexus which was at play when Ahsoka drove back Maul and lasted more than 2 minutes against Vader.

As the latter should make obvious, Ahsoka is close to SWR Vader as a combatant. While holistic intent ensures Vader's superiority on even ground, there's not going to be a significant gap between him and a combatant that can hold him off for at least more than 2 minutes on a nexus. While this Vader is mostcertainly pre-prime, Ahsoka can scale above Vader's LOTS feats like:

-> Pulling down a freighter much larger than the one TCW Maul dragged off a cliff

-> Disintegrating light saber resistant Lileks

Also, as she is still alive, we will likely see more showings. It's also quite possible she will be growing more powerful, especially given her potential. Despite only having two years of training in the order, she's already nearing the likes of Kenobi and is catching up with Vader.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Greysentinel365

And I'm honestly not even surprised by her holding the Emperor. Remember that concept Filoni had of her holding the Emperor's lighting in the Jedi Temple or something?

There was a concept for that?

Wasn't really lightning it was fire from the pit that Sidious sent from what I remember.

It's a continuous storm of flames that a post AOTC Kenobi has been shown to deflect easily from Druge's flamethrower. Yes the source of the flames is different but still.

Ahsoka even says she can't hold it for long and needs Ezra's help who is pretty powerful in his own right.

It at least shows she's capable of Force deflection so she probably can deflect blaster bolts. I'm not sure.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
she probably can deflect blaster bolts. I'm not sure.
She was deflecting blaster bolts in the Ahsoka novel which is less than a year post-ROTS

Galan007
I wonder if there's a reason why the first attack was conjured from the fires of the alter itself, but subsequent attacks were conjured from Palpatine's own hand..?

Kurk
#1 Don't get legends feats involved with what happens in canon. I'm all for debunking the hype of this feat, but Kenobi deflecting Durge's flamethrower isn't applicable here as it throws out of the water any tutaminis-type abilities we've seen in canon.

@Rocky

1. Sidious was obviously laughing throughout the duel with Yoda, but only during moments when he had the upper hand (e.g pod throwing). The moment Yoda became problematic for him he shut his mouth pretty quick. It has nothing to do with toying or not; that's just how he is all the time. This being said, we know that Tano and Ezra momentarily defended themselves from only a fraction of his power for any of the following reasons:

A. Sheev's goal here is to capture them so that he can enter the omniportal. Striking them with overwhelming force would mean losing his ultimate prize. When Tano and Ezra resisted his initial attack it made sense for him to cut it off, and presumably weaken them through multiple weaker attacks rather than outright overpower them with this obscure sith flame ability and risk killing them hence preventing him from entering the portal.

B. The attack in the scene stems from Sidious's sith sorcery and not directly himself. There is presumably a limitation to the amount of power that can be transfered directly from Sidious into the altar in the form of sith lightning (as we saw in TCW), transformed into this blue-flame, and then shot through a portal. At the very least it's not unreasonable to speculate that some power-loss occurs with the transfer of each of these states; especially when we consider how Sidious struggled to keep the flames moving at the rate of the jedi's running speed. We can infer that some cap on power is involved due to the unique circumstances.

Ahsoka diverted the flames not by manipulating the entire the attack but by forming a wedge shaped barrier. Again, she wasn't taking the entire attack. It's silly to say that Sidious was aiming the attack at her; it wasn't concentrated on her more than it was a wave of flames aimed at their general vicinity.

cs_zoltan
ezra escaping Sheev is a new low from filoni, when are they cancelling this shit?

carthage

deathslash

|King Joker|

Zenwolf
....I still can't wrap my head around why they did this. They had this excellent sendoff for Tano and now were heading into the last episodes next week and the series is done. It doesn't look like she's gonna be wrapped up and so her fate is gonna be concluded in some random comic or book that not many would bother to read? By comparison to the people that watch TV I mean, it'll feel very disconnected imo.

|King Joker|
I'm crossing my fingers that Filoni is pitching an Ahsoka solo movie. big grin

Zenwolf
Hm, also possible yeah. Though not really sure what it could be about, she can't really interact with the Rebellion or Luke or any of the others. I guess she could end up fighting Vader again, though I don't think it would have such an emotional impact like it did with the S2 final.

But I guess it's possible, if only to get a proper lightsaber fight seeing as we haven't really had one between two trained combatants in the newer movies. Unless the final movie of the ST gives us a proper fight.

|King Joker|
Maybe it'd take place post-Return of the Jedi.

ares834
I'm guessing she will show up in the next series, probably post-RotJ.

Edit: Ninjad

Zenwolf
Maybe it'd take place post-Return of the Jedi.

Which brings in some questions and issues. But yeah, that could be.

Kurk

LordOfTheLight
If we are considering that pyrokinesis involves influence on the atomic level and excitation to produce flames then I am at a loss as to why we aren't considering the same for force lightning. Because you know, lightning too involves excitation of the molecules and generation of plasma, via potential difference.

Rockydonovang
I'm crossing my fingers that Filoni is pitching an Ahsoka solo movie. big grin
After the Ahsoka novel,I don't trust disney to handle it well.

She needs to die vs Vader,

Zenwolf
After the Ahsoka novel,I don't trust disney to handle it well.

She needs to die vs Vader,

Well unfortunately, they axed that idea in Rebels.

I mean they could do it again, but a second time is too much I feel given the setup they had before, they can't do it again.

Lord Stark
Palpatine attempts to defeat Ahsoka, he overwhelms her tutaminis (I guess?) initially until Ezra uses his own power to bolster her defense (doesn't look like Ezra ever directly deflects the attack even though his hand glows. Second round would have killed them both which is why they opt to withdraw.

DarthPlaguis12
If Ashoka and Ezra fended Sidious off it's just bad writing.. Ezra can't even beat the inquisitor without struggling, sidious should have easily defeated both if them...lol but that would have been the end of the show. But it's a kids show of course they're going to escape and beat the bad guy. They have a supposed Jedi killer like grevious losing to Ashoka who was a child.

Sidious is one of the best duelists in Star Wars canon, he stalemated yoda and IMO could have defeated windu but choose to fake a loss but that's up to debate. Force powers wise he again stalemated yoda.

Rockydonovang
Well unfortunately, they axed that idea in Rebels.

I mean they could do it again, but a second time is too much I feel given the setup they had before, they can't do it again.
Doing it a second time would be better than letting Ahsoka live tbh.

Zenwolf
Doing it a second time would be better than letting Ahsoka live tbh.

They HAD IT though! ....Man I dunno why this really grates me, but it does(not that it shouldn't, but I feel it's moreso than it really should). It'd be like if Obi-Wan came back after his great sacrifice.

Kurk
They should bring back Dooku and have him defeat Vader to rejoin Sheev.

SimeonFromHell
no, they should make a book about how dooku learns to become a force ghost like quigon, and then have him connect with yoda again to apologize for all he's ever done, to redeem him smile

Nephthys
They should give him the Maul treatment, have him show up with robot crab hands and get beaten up by Chopper and punked by a blindfolded Ezra. Maybe pratfall a few times.

In the final fight with Ahsoka he just dies of a heart attack and shits himself.

cs_zoltan
wouldn't put it past filoni

Nephthys
I bet Ahsoka survives into the ST on filonis sheer boner power.

LordOfTheLight
have him show up with robot crab hands

Lol

Kurk
Originally posted by SimeonFromHell
no, they should make a book about how dooku learns to become a force ghost like quigon, and then have him connect with yoda again to apologize for all he's ever done, to redeem him smile aww... love

That would've been believable of Dooku had it happened by Dark Rendezvous; Dooku being sorry for committing mas genocide and countless assassinations is kinda hard to believe otherwise.

Maybe Yoda still sensed some good in him, hence explaining why he exclaimed "Skywalker, no!" right before Anakin beheaded him in that TCW vision despite expressing intentions to kill the two sith right before arriving.

A force ghost Dooku could be interesting though...

They should give him the Maul treatment, have him show up with robot crab hands and get beaten up by Chopper and punked by a blindfolded Ezra. Maybe pratfall a few times.

In the final fight with Ahsoka he just dies of a heart attack and shits himself. Dooku has too much class to die like that.

Nephthys
yeah getting his hands chopped off and dying while gaping like an idiot is much more dignified

Kurk
yeah getting his hands chopped off and dying while gaping like an idiot is much more dignified Would you prefer that he begged for mercy?

TheNuisanceBird
She was deflecting blaster bolts in the Ahsoka novel which is less than a year post-ROTS

I'm still not entirely sold on trusting the new canon novels for feats.

HTTJ is an exception though. New Dawn as well is a maybe. Even the Rebels isn't the best place for trying to powerscale and skill gauge.

DarthPlaguis12
Dooku losing to Anakin like that was dumb.

Even in the new canon Dooku was slapping Anakin around a lot of the time, he was obviously a superior duelist and force user.

I think his loss to Anakin should be attributed to the boomerang affect the stunting Sith do can have (forgot the proper term. We saw how Luke beat Vader after Vader taunted him about Leai and Obi Wan was close to overwhelming Maul to it. Basically the Sith taunt their opponents to cause fear and demoralize them, ut can cause them to lose focus etc. but in certain instances such as Ive mentioned it'll backfire and the opponent will become enraged and attack even more ferociously.

He Aldo defeated obi wan easily.

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Dooku losing to Anakin like that was dumb.

Even in the new canon Dooku was slapping Anakin around a lot of the time, he was obviously a superior duelist and force user.

I think his loss to Anakin should be attributed to the boomerang affect the stunting Sith do can have (forgot the proper term. We saw how Luke beat Vader after Vader taunted him about Leai and Obi Wan was close to overwhelming Maul to it. Basically the Sith taunt their opponents to cause fear and demoralize them, ut can cause them to lose focus etc. but in certain instances such as Ive mentioned it'll backfire and the opponent will become enraged and attack even more ferociously.

He Aldo defeated obi wan easily. In canon, yes, I'd definitely attribute his defeat to his failed use of Dun Moch, as well as pissing him off by incapacitating Obi Wan more than anything.

The RotS novel favors Dooku less, but factors like him counting on Sheev to save him, his overconfidence, and the jedi's fake stances at the beginning also contributed.

DarthPlaguis12
I agree, I don't think that anakins light saber style should have contributed that much, Dooku could have called upon the force as well to make himself physically more powerful.

Remember how he kicked Anakin against the wall? If anything Anakins tapping into the darkside should be the winning factor

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
I'm still not entirely sold on trusting the new canon novels for feats.

too bad, it happened.

Rockydonovang
They HAD IT though! ....Man I dunno why this really grates me, but it does(not that it shouldn't, but I feel it's moreso than it really should). It'd be like if Obi-Wan came back after his great sacrifice.
They should obi wan dying though. Leaving Ahsoka's fate ambiguous runied the moment.

TBF, it could work out. There is room for character growth between the charcaters, and Kenobi vs Maul ended up pretty great.

Not sure how they're going to fit the development needed to justify a second go with so little time.

Rockydonovang
In canon, yes, I'd definitely attribute his defeat to his failed use of Dun Moch, as well as pissing him off by incapacitating Obi Wan more than anything.

The RotS novel favors Dooku less, but factors like him counting on Sheev to save him, his overconfidence, and the jedi's fake stances at the beginning also contributed.
He lost because Anakin, the force's son, grew more powerful.

It's not that hard.

DarthPlaguis12
Um no? He was only as powerful as obi wan at that point...why do you think when they tried to attack each other with the force they were equal.

TheIndyJedi

Nothing in canon suggests Vader was on a DS nexus when he fought Ahsoka

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Nothing in canon suggests Vader was on a DS nexus when he fought Ahsoka
You mean nothing you are aware of.

I grant you awareness:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/kbroskywalker/blog/do-nexuses-exist-in-canon/132743/

First couple of quotes show malachor is a nexus.

TheIndyJedi
You mean nothing you are aware of.

I grant you awareness:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/kbroskywalker/blog/do-nexuses-exist-in-canon/132743/

First couple of quotes show malachor is a nexus.
Even if he was on a nexus, it didn't amp him that much.
Also wasn't Ahsoka amped too to some degree?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi

Also wasn't Ahsoka amped too to some degree?
Not that I'm aware of. You're free to enlighten me.

It's unclear how large the amp was.

TheIndyJedi
Not that I'm aware of. You're free to enlighten me.

It's unclear how large the amp was.

I might be mistaken, but the convour who is the avatar of the daughter from Mortis may have had a part to play in Ahsoka's performance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.