Costume for new Shazam Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108495/6302485-capture.png

Mindset
laughing out loud

Robtard
Good thing: Well, it looks spot on

Bad thing: Well, it looks spot on

TethAdamTheRock
Looks too cartoonish for me, should of copied DCEUs style of costumes, or even MCUs

playa1258
Looks good to me. Hopefully we get an official pic soon.

Robtard
It's also just a pic, the movie magic of texturing, shading and coloring hasn't been applied. At least I hope it is in the final product.

playa1258
People who have seen the suit in person are saying their is something over the lightning bolt.

Probably markers for VFX.

TethAdamTheRock
Are they getting 52 powers where they can shoot lightning out of their chest and hands?

Zack M
Looks pretty SHAZAMY

tkitna
Looks retarded like pretty much everything that comes out of WB/DC.

ares834
Looks good. I wish they didn't have the hood though, I prefer the original costume to the New 52 one.

-Pr-
As long as they use the hood sparingly, I won't mind. I do like the costume so far, and I'm sure it'll look great once it's actually shown in film. A LOT of superhero costumes look crap in set pics.

BruceSkywalker
hope he has a good acting coach and stuntman

Mindset
Looks terrible, but yea, movie magic may change that.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
Good thing: Well, it looks spot on

Bad thing: Well, it looks spot on

thumb up

Darth Thor
Btw dont think this needed a whole new thread.

Flyattractor
Oh why couldn't they go with the HIGHLY Imaginative Marvel way and make it all black leather Jumpsuit.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Btw dont think this needed a whole new thread.

Yeah, There's a Shazam thread at the bottem of the page.

relentless1
damn, people will jump on DC over anything no matter how insignificant lol no wonder their film slate failed everybody way too harsh on em

Flyattractor
Yes. Marvel Fans are becoming the Steven Universe Fans of the
Comic Book Cinematic World.

JUST TOXIC!!!!!!

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack M
Looks pretty SHAZAMY

Darth Thor
Originally posted by relentless1
damn, people will jump on DC over anything no matter how insignificant lol no wonder their film slate failed everybody way too harsh on em

You forgetting the complaints about Captain Marvels costume?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor
You forgetting the complaints about Captain Marvels costume?

Yet those people failed to acknowledge its a nod to the Kree uniforms.

riv6672
We (you and i) acknowledged it.

This thread reminds me of the first leaked Ledger Joker pic. Most everyone i posted with then lost their shit at how awful it was.

carthage
Looks like shit

riv6672
Case in point.

tkitna
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yes. Marvel Fans are becoming the Steven Universe Fans of the
Comic Book Cinematic World.

JUST TOXIC!!!!!!

WB/DC movies are toxic. You cant blame anybody for saying negative things after those offerings.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by tkitna
WB/DC movies are toxic. You cant blame anybody for saying negative things after those offerings.

That is kind of true to a Point. But much like Steven U fans.
Their Vitriol and Pessimism can go to far.

See Brucie and Quanny type levels of Fan-atacism.

riv6672
Originally posted by tkitna
Bashing a movie sight unseen, no matter who produces it/this costume from one pre-production still, is asinine/KMC norm.

Of course, pointing these things out repeatedly in -my- norm, so, we all stick to what we know. stick out tongue

Darth Thor
I agree, theres a difference between being disappointed but hoping for the best for future projects, and just outright Hating.

I personally think the DCEU has failed too much, and should be stopped and rebooted after a break for a few years.

That said, Wonder Woman was good, so they are capable of putting out good stuff, so why hate on a new project?

riv6672
Exactly.

And yeah, they need to take a step back, but, it comes down to money i guess. Theyre going to keep cranking out movies.

ares834
I thought this film wasn't going to be part of the DCEU. Has that changed?

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by ares834
I thought this film wasn't going to be part of the DCEU. Has that changed? Why not?

tkitna
Originally posted by riv6672
Bashing a movie sight unseen, no matter who produces it/this costume from one pre-production still, is asinine/KMC norm.

Of course, pointing these things out repeatedly in -my- norm, so, we all stick to what we know. stick out tongue

The whole point of the thread was opinions on the costume that was shown. All we can do is state an opinion on what we see and what is shown sucks. Sure it will probably look better (it will have to) later on when its closer to the actual movie, but that's not what we're judging right now.

riv6672
smile thumb up

ares834
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Why not?

Apparently, the Rock stated it wasn't. But he is wrong I guess.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
I thought this film wasn't going to be part of the DCEU. Has that changed?

There was that rumour going around for a while but dont think it ever had any validity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.