Sheev's Galactic Empire vs Krayts Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JMANGO
Excluding the two darksiders themselves

Krayt's empire during Legacy War

Palpatine's empire during ROTJ

Who wins?

Freedon Nadd
Sheev wins. No contest. When it comes about military power: Sheev's the biggest.

Azronger
Stalemate according to that one quote

Freedon Nadd
Nah. No stalemate.

JMANGO
To note, while sheev may not be doing any actually fighting, his dark side influence affecting the morale of his army comprised of strormtoopers numbering in the tens of trillions(?) is still very much present.

Azronger
So Sheev still retains his mental domination? Unsure then. The quote was quite vague whether it included Force users or no

ILS
Krayt's Empire reached Sidious' peak "within a few short years" after deposing Roan. Considering seven years pass between that time and the series in it's present time, I can only assume Krayt's empire continually got stronger.

Then by Legacy War, add in Sith Troopers who pilot starships capable of tearing through capital ships? And the superior technology overall?

Freedon Nadd
Umm, when did Sheev BM'd his army?

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS
Then by Legacy War, add in Sith Troopers who pilot starships capable of tearing through capital ships? And the superior technology overall?

thumb up

This is a pretty important factor. Though the inclusion of Sith Troopers is suspect, since Krayt is not included in this and they cannot exist without him.

ILS
Nor can Sidious' empire function without him. smile

Freedon Nadd
When did Palps BM'd his men? Wasn't that just a myth to justify the defeat of the Empire forces?

Galan007
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
When did Palps BM'd his men? Wasn't that just a myth to justify the defeat of the Empire forces? In Heir to the Empire it was confirmed that Sheev was using Battle Meditation to sustain his troops during the Battle of Endor:

Freedon Nadd
How did Thrawn 'know' that? Was he there too?

Freedon Nadd
And the use of battle meditation at Endor wasn't later attributed to Grand Admiral Nial Declann instead of Palpatine?

Galan007
How did Thrawn 'know' that? Was he there too? Because he's Thrawn. stick out tongue

But for what it's worth, once Pellaeon saw C'baoth's Battle Meditation firsthand, he, too, agreed that Palpatine was using the same ability to bolster Imperial forces at Endor. /shrug

And the use of battle meditation at Endor wasn't later attributed to Grand Admiral Nial Declann instead of Palpatine? Possibly, but Declann's entry in Insider #66 is quite vague in that regard:
https://i.imgur.com/YhPgCWz.jpg

The Ellimist
I could see Krayt's Empire winning through its 100+ year tech advantage on top of quotes suggesting a comparable level of relative power. Palpatine's best shots are Force storms + superweapons, many of the latter of which are still under development.

Freedon Nadd
Then there is no proof for that. Thrawn being Thrawn means nothing.

Galan007
Well Thrawn, Pellaeon, and C'baoth all deduced the same thing, so I'd say Zahn's intent in the novel was pretty clear... and so far as I can tell, there's no explicit evidence to the contrary. /shrug

Freedon Nadd
That's no deduction. That's assumption. Thrawn basically looked for am excuse to justify their defeat. But whatever...

Galan007
That's no deduction. That's assumption. Thrawn basically looked for am excuse to justify their defeat. But whatever... That wasn't the case at all. Thrawn knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that Palpatine was using Battle Meditation to bolster/amp Imperial forces at the battle of Endor. In fact, that is the exact reason WHY Thrawn sought out Joruus C'baoth in the first place.

Remember, Thrawn was trying to reestablish the Empire, but the huge majority of his forces at the time were composed of unseasoned rookies. However, when they were under the influence of Joruus' Battle Meditation, their overall effectiveness increased by a factor of no less than 30-40%... And because Thrawn's resources were in such short supply back then, he essentially *needed* this advantage(which only Joruus could provide, mind you) to gain a definitive upperhand against the New Republic.

IOW, it was *only* because of his knowledge of Palpatine's Battle Meditation feat at Endor, that Thrawn had the wherewithal to find another force-user who could preform the same function for him.

Azronger
ILS ur avi and sig look mad good

ILS
thumb up as do yours.

I think I'll keep this for the foreseeable future.

Azronger
smile

Freedon Nadd
Was he at the Endor Battle?

Yes or no?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.